Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sick of apartments?

Do any of you think you will eventually get bored of the apartment/penthouse thing and just get a house again? I had my sim, who lives in an apartment, visit his woohoo fling in Oasis Springs in a really nice Mediterranean house. It made me miss living in a house already! And I haven't tried a penthouse yet.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I know there are 3BR apartments good for families but I think when my Sims are ready to start a family I'll move them into a house in the 'burbs. Just seems right somehow.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm totally absorbed and addicted with CL and I'm just playing my first urban sim in his first apartment and with the first of the new careers. I will need months to explore everything, so I won't be bored.
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I found that the penthouse experience is vey similar to the house experience. One of the penthouses even has a yard. There is also is a house in the spice district that I havnt tried yet....so to answer you question, I think San Myshuno will hold my attention for awile
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I think I was so bored with the houses that having apartments made me excited. But I will make sure to alternate between both.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I moved my sim from the city into a house to work on her handy and music aspirations. I can't wait to finish so I can move her back to the city.
  • I'm downloading City Living as I speak, and I can't see myself getting bored of apartments. I'm not going to play them very often, but I rotate between nearly 50 families in my main save, so nothing really gets stale.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I can say that appartments are perfect if you have a single sim thats looking for love or if you have a young adult sim starting out low and working to be able to buy a house to get married raise a family ect in other word perfect for simmers that are into storys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2016
    I did move a family into the country again and they live in a house. I'm playing a family again and I've been looking at the larger apartments but I really like the spice district and the parents are saving money, we may move into a pent house, but there not in the spice district.
    I wish the greyed out apartment in the world map in the spice district would be available, maybe they would be bigger. lol
    I do have all my clubs away from the city and my sims spend the weekends in the country.
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I miss being able to look out the window and see other sims jog/walk by
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Not for a while, I should think. I think it's more the concept of renting that holds the fascination. That and I want to get bigger and better apartments.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'll probably never move from CL- lol, I really like the urban environment best so far in Sims 4, although I'm sure I'll redesign apartments and lots from time to time. If I get tired of the multi-unit places I'll try a penthouse for a while or maybe build an old Victorian Mansion of a shipping magnet in the Spice Quarter where he could be close to his warehouses or an "Urban Hold Out" farm on the 64x64 lot. Who knows.
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    I'll probably never move from CL- lol, I really like the urban environment best so far in Sims 4, although I'm sure I'll redesign apartments and lots from time to time. If I get tired of the multi-unit places I'll try a penthouse for a while or maybe build an old Victorian Mansion of a shipping magnet in the Spice Quarter where he could be close to his warehouses or an "Urban Hold Out" farm on the 64x64 lot. Who knows.

Awesome! I thought of the same idea, heres mine
    00.jpg
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've never been big on apartments in previous versions, but I seem to be tolerating them so far in CL. I do miss having outdoor space for a garden, pool, etc.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Playing in an apartment with the TLC Trait & noisy neighbours is goddamb frustrating!!

I ACTUALLY LOVE IT! :scream:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Awesome! I thought of the same idea, heres mine
    00.jpg

Ha ha! That's great! I love that place- a great big Robber Baron place that dripped money, lol.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Do any of you think you will eventually get bored of the apartment/penthouse thing and just get a house again? I had my sim, who lives in an apartment, visit his woohoo fling in Oasis Springs in a really nice Mediterranean house. It made me miss living in a house already! And I haven't tried a penthouse yet.

I doubt it cause the apartments and penthouses have the nice high up views not just on balconies but also from inside the apartments and penthouses with the large windows. I get good views from the bathroom,bedroom,kitchen,dining room etc of the city.

Also some of the apartments and one of the penthouses have large bathrooms that fit the corner tub easily. I haven't seen a house I can fit that into. The bathrooms in most houses people upload are small compared with some of the apartments and penthouses.
  • MzLeah3MzLeah3 Posts: 21 Member
    city livin is more for the single or rich workaholics and maybe 1 kid. its not family based and i think ea should bring more family based expiation packs
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I can say that appartments are perfect if you have a single sim thats looking for love or if you have a young adult sim starting out low and working to be able to buy a house to get married raise a family ect in other word perfect for simmers that are into storys

Their great for married sims as well especially the penthouse at the tower in the Fashion District. It has several big bedrooms.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2016
    MzLeah3 wrote: »
    city livin is more for the single or rich workaholics and maybe 1 kid.

Tell that to my current family that has 5 kids and another on the way :lol:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I'm downloading City Living as I speak, and I can't see myself getting bored of apartments. I'm not going to play them very often, but I rotate between nearly 50 families in my main save, so nothing really gets stale.

FIFTY families? I don't understand how anyone can rotate between that many. It's taken me 3 months to rotate between all 7 of mine.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Eh I don't see that happening any time soon for me. I moved my legacy family from the Villarreal house in Windenburg to the 3 BR Penthouse in the Fashion District. Its essentially the same feel just without a massive yard. However, there is enough space on the balcony (there's two) to make a lovely backyard.
    I'm a city girl at heart so I'll likely keep playing, even if its a 7-8 Sim household!
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    MzLeah3 wrote: »
    city livin is more for the single or rich workaholics and maybe 1 kid.

Tell that to my current family that has 5 kids and another on the way :lol:

Same, I've got a family of 7 as my main and quite a few 4-6 Sim households spread throughout the city!
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Playing in an apartment with the TLC Trait & noisy neighbours is goddamb frustrating!!

I ACTUALLY LOVE IT! :scream:

Same here. My first apartment had the TLC trait, let's just say it didn't go well. My sim's power a water broke, there were rodents going everywhere, my landlord died trying to fix the power which left it up to my sim, and of course he was clueless and couldn't fix it. So there I was with no water, no power, rodents everywhere, a dead landlord on the floor, and me screaming at my sim.

It was awesome.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I usually rotate most households every sim week. I get to play my sims in all the worlds and of course sims move here and there so things for the most part stays interesting.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    I love appartments! :) And i never thought i would!
    I never played sims 2 and sims 3 didn't have proper appartments so this is so new to me and i like it, so much that i am thinking that i will never have a sim live outside of San Myshuno ever again! (except if a farm pack comes to sims 4, then i will also be thrilled to make a new save with farmer sim!)