Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work at home option

I don't know about you but I'm really liking the new "work at home" option. I hope the Sims team implement it for all jobs. :D
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Yes please!
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited November 2016
    I like it sooo much better then the GTW, just wish there were more jobs to choose from.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    I like it but the tasks are way too easy and kinda repetitive. I need more challenges. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I like it but the tasks are way too easy and kinda repetitive. I need more challenges. :tongue:

True, but it gives you more time to play and less time at working and fulfilling tasks.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

True, but it gives you more time to play and less time at working and fulfilling tasks.

True, true... but still. :D It kinda feels like my sim is cheating by only spending 2 hours to complete the tasks. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I think it's a step in the right direction.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    It's repetitive BUT if I need a day off & there are things I need to do it's a real boon to do while getting on with your life.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I like it too. I want it on other jobs. Maybe all the jobs.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    It seems like some of the tasks they have to do have nothing to do with the jobs. My sim had to get focused and playful in the same work day...
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I love it! Wish it could be applicable to more careers, though.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • AlisonClaireAlisonClaire Posts: 13 New Member
    I haven't seen this yet -- which careers is it an option for?
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I haven't seen this yet -- which careers is it an option for?

Politician, Social Media, Critic, all in City Living.

• AlisonClaireAlisonClaire Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh gotcha.

Thanks!
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

I actually really liked this and hope they (EA) implement it with other careers.
    Whether the tasks are simple or not it's still *more interactive* than waiting for
    my single Sim to come home from work. :p
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited November 2016
    Although it is a refreshing feature, hate to be a negative nelly but since this is EA I doubt they'd implement it on their own to for the other careers. Perhaps someone can mod it someday.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    How about home schooling?
  • DougMontDougMont Posts: 14 New Member
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Although it is a refreshing feature, hate to be a negative nelly but since this is EA I doubt they'd implement it on their own to for the other careers. Perhaps someone can mod it someday.

That's exactly what I thought. Same thing with the professions... Like, does anybody believe we will ever get more than those 3 from GTW? That's a little bit frustrating, but anyway...
  • mollymegan30mollymegan30 Posts: 84 Member
    I'm struggling a little with the politics career....the daily task of the job, "successfully promote cause" how do I do that??
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm struggling a little with the politics career....the daily task of the job, "successfully promote cause" how do I do that??

Find a random sim and have your sim chat a little bit with them. Then, under friendly interactions, click on the Politics career sub-menu and choose the option Promote cause. :)
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love it too, OP, and I definitely hope to see it implemented in other options as well! Totally love that my single parent sims can have careers and be with their kids.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't know about you but I'm really liking the new "work at home" option. I hope the Sims team implement it for all jobs. :D

I really like it to. I never usually place my sims in careers as it sucks all their time up at least this way my sim can have a job and actually have a life too.

err... that word 'plum' was supposed to be 'takes'... weird that got censored!
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I really like it, exspecially in the social media and critic career, because going off to work dosnt really make sense. However, if they do it with other jobs, they need to make it a LOT harder. Like, if I am going to be a business man working from home, I better not have to watch tv for 4 hours.

But I would LOVE to be a criminal working from home. That would be amazing.
    Happy Simming!
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I'm really happy with it too. Who knows, maybe, if they were to give us more careers in the future, they'd put it in with those ones.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like it to but how do you actually make money to pay rent?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I like it to but how do you actually make money to pay rent?

There is a million and one ways of making money in any sims game without working a career. Painting and writing make literally thousands of simoleons a day once your sims levels up, collecting and selling everything you find can make a few thousand a day if you travel your sim around different park lots etc. Fishing is also good. Gardening is good although they ave fixed the exploit where produce continues to grow in value when traveling through loading screens lol. Seriously @pepperjax1230 my wealthiest sims never have a career.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.