Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    One possible cautionary note about those Population settings... MC is currently throwing errors if people use 0 in any of the population settings. Something new coming from CL, apparently.

DP is looking at it, but for now, I'd recommend putting a positive number in those settings. It can be small, I use 10 in a couple of them. I haven't tried anything smaller. 10 seems to be enough below default 33 that I can tell a difference in what ages generate, but it's "open" enough to let the game do what it needs to for filters, too.

Till he gets more code for CL things in place, it's best to leave a "crack in the door", a small opening so the game CAN use those age ranges if NEEDED, rather than giving it problems it can't handle well by using 0 and locking those doors shut.

is there a way to set which teens show up? i need teen girls. sorry i'm stiill learning how the differnt modules work.

I don't think the mod will get THAT specific. If you have cas.fulledit enabled, though, you can do a lot of tweaking on sims yourself, as far as changing around ages and genders to get sims more in line with what you have in mind.

MC automates a lot, but he's not really about having it do EVERYTHING for us... between everything the game does behind the scenes and everything the mod does in general, I already kind of feel like I spend more time watching those two play my hood for me, than I feel like I"m doing much playing myself. Know what I mean?

You CAN set those ranges to tip MORE toward certain age/genders, but honestly I'd probably wait to do MUCH on that until after the next MC version, simply because right now we ARE in that zone between patched changes being included in MC, and EP-added changes NOT having been dealt with, yet.

BTW, no ETA at all on incoming MC updates (he hasn't said "when")... I'm just sure there'll be one, sometime.

He's like that, keeps up with stuff, but, some things take longer to do than others. :smiley: (Captain Obvious says Hi.) :p

thank you. i just wondered.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited November 2016
    Blozira wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Hi! I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I'm having trouble finding a good thread, in which I can post questions about gameplay interactions and stuff. Could you please point me in the right direction? :smile:
    My current question is about the "share pictures" interaction. I'm having a baby shower event (thanks to brittpinkiesims' mod) and I'm supposed to "share pictures with 3 guests".

I have more. Looked in game... on my sims (I don't have the shower mod), Share Pictures is a Friendly interaction that just comes up between sims.

If your issue is it isn't working right or it isn't showing up, that's different. But I'd say this is how to start it off, if you see that option under Friendly. Were you looking on the phone?

Edit: Score! Try this thread for the answer to your original question, which I realize I talked all the way around without really addressing. (Sometimes it's that way.)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896507/cool-mod-find-babyshower-by-brittpinkiesims#latest
  • CleverTheCatCleverTheCat Posts: 34 New Member
    Where do I find the number of sims allowed on lots and occult abductions settings?
    Where do I find the number of sims allowed on lots and occult abductions settings?

I know its sounds really stupid, but i'm new to the mod. :)
    edited November 2016

I know its sounds really plum, but i'm new to the mod. :)

No worries, just gives us a chance to train you up right. :p LOL!

On a computer or in-world slablet, there'll be a MC button. That leads you to the UI, where you change the Settings.

2ytwx3c.jpg

The first option in the long menu deals with base mod settings, MCCC.

The Population button is where the Sims Allowed on Lots settings are (there are two but don't worry about the one for individual lots UNLESS you're having issues).

There's also a button for Occult, Abduction settings will be under that.

I'll get you better paths, you caught me between game loads (updating a different mod).

If you're having trouble, like LastExceptions, resets, etc... set them to defaults. Having Occult Abduction Frequency on High or Alien Invasion is causing problems, set that to Normal till the next update if you see it.

If your BIN goes wild creating new sims, it could be something off in your Population range settings (all default 33). Just a heads up.

I'll be back.

Edit:

The two Population settings are in the Population > Other menu. Last two buttons. The Maximum Sims in Zone button is where you set the overall number for all the SUPPORTED lot types. The Adjust Sims on Lots is where you set it for each individual type of lot to be included. Just a heads up, restaurants have recently had issues related to this setting, but that seems to be fixed with 3.0.1 now.

None of the new lot types from the EP are supported yet. Deaderpool (of course) didn't get his hands on those till the EP landed, he could only cover what was included with the patch.

Next version of MC will get us back up to closer to level with the game. ;)

The other one is pretty easy... Occult > Abduction Settings > Abduction Frequency.
    :)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on

oh lol, i meant to say stupid! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 how did i mess dat up?!

oh lol, i meant to say plum! plum how did i mess dat up?!

oh nvm i guess they dont let u say stu- AHEM plum. :D

Welcome to censored posting. You'll be as tired of plums as we are before long. :smiley:

It is what it is. My thesaurus gets a workout.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Welcome to censored posting. You'll be as tired of plums as we are before long. :smiley:

It is what it is. My thesaurus gets a workout.

it always suprises me thats not okay. but you can say naked. which means without clothes.
  • BloziraBlozira Posts: 45 New Member
    @egwarhammer I couldn't find the option anywhere when I clicked on different sims, but I don't think I checked my sim's phone. I'm in bed right now, but I'll check it out the next time I play.
    Also, thank you for finding me that thread! ☺ But where should I post general questions about the game? I mean, this thread should only be about the MC mod, right?
  • NadehzdiaNadehzdia Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey, I came from a thread where someone was having the same issue as me and was redirected here. My problem is my sims t-pose glitch out of bed when they're trying to sleep. They'll stay in bed for a few seconds or minutes. It takes forever to get a full bar of energy >:(

It's a double bed. Same issue appeared on CC beds and non CC beds
    Nadehzdia wrote: »
    Hey, I came from a thread where someone was having the same issue as me and was redirected here. My problem is my sims t-pose glitch out of bed when they're trying to sleep. They'll stay in bed for a few seconds or minutes. It takes forever to get a full bar of energy >:(

It's a double bed. Same issue appeared on CC beds and non CC beds

Is your Occult Abduction Frequency set on anything other than Normal? It's causing this if you have that set on High or Alien Invasion. If you set it to Normal and restart your game, that should stop these no-sleep resets.

Fix incoming with the next MC version, but I don't know "when" we'll see that. I try (there have been exceptions :p ) not to rush Deaderpool for updates, generally. We'll see it, when it's ready. ;)
    Blozira wrote: »
    @egwarhammer I couldn't find the option anywhere when I clicked on different sims, but I don't think I checked my sim's phone. I'm in bed right now, but I'll check it out the next time I play.
    Also, thank you for finding me that thread! ☺ But where should I post general questions about the game? I mean, this thread should only be about the MC mod, right?

See Categories in the top left corner of this page? Click that, and scroll down past General, Creative Corner, Patch Notes and Help Center sections, you'll see Sims4 next. That's where to start.

Just because I like pictures... (this was taken about 10 minutes ago)

29dwsjb.jpg
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    @Nadehzdia
    * It took me a while to realize this, but for some reason, you can only see the Modding and cc thread if you are logged in :)
    (at least that's how it was the last time I checked).
  • NadehzdiaNadehzdia Posts: 12 New Member
    I was here the other day with a bed glitching problem. I feel a bit silly, turns out when i redownloaded the updated version of MCCC, i didn't delete the older version. I removed the older version when i realised and my game is fine. I'd quote my comment from before but I couldn't find it, anyway yeah, solved it :)
  • blondebsblondebs Posts: 2 New Member
    I need help! I have insatlled the mc command center and it's not showing. Script mods are enabled. When i type mc_help in the cheat console everything is there but I can't see the menu on computer or when I click on a sim. Sorry for my bad english.
    blondebs wrote: »
    I need help! I have insatlled the mc command center and it's not showing. Script mods are enabled. When i type mc_help in the cheat console everything is there but I can't see the menu on computer or when I click on a sim. Sorry for my bad english.

Usually this means the wrong version of the game (or mod) is involved.

If you've updated for the CL patch (1.24) you need 3.0.1. If you have NOT updated for the patch, stick with 2.16 until you do.

Picture of 3.0.1 installed: (*partial... if you add the extra part, you'll also see one more package and ts4script file than what are shown in the above picture.)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15314992/#Comment_15314992

If you got rid of 2.16 and need another copy, let me know. ;)
    Nadehzdia wrote: »
    I was here the other day with a bed glitching problem. I feel a bit silly, turns out when i redownloaded the updated version of MCCC, i didn't delete the older version. I removed the older version when i realised and my game is fine. I'd quote my comment from before but I couldn't find it, anyway yeah, solved it :)

Nerd level tip for you. If you look at Your Page here, on the left is a line with:

Activity
    Discussion
    Comments

Click on Comments, that'll bring up a page of your latest posts. Here's the one I think you were talking about:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15342530/#Comment_15342530

BTW, I think *I* missed your first post here, too. When @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum quoted you I was like, "wait, what?" LOL!!*

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    The storm is over, isn't it? Pretty calm in the last days compared to CL release.

Had some time to play CL these days. I'm a bit disapointed - mostly because of the crude look. Compared with Bridgeport it's a huge step backwards in graphics quality. We have 2016, Bridgeport was 2010. If you take one of the current games like Assassins Creed, Skyrim or BioShock, you can go through the landscape or the cities for hours and every look is awsome, let alone the environmental effects of water, mist, smoke, rain... Even S3 had a more detailed landscape. But CL... hm.... Have you ever looked under the bridges of the neighborhoods where those creepy "pedestrians" are walking? Or to one of these train stations? Looks very poor compared to other games.

y3mnSrgwjieBNHYkRYfEv2shH31HxyxfjuO9kuMD9miNqxWnrbmd-iTRjCjiwPZUltmexKbZXhFFRVofDBDkaEpI3Jaq0gJyhwvZjH6OeTwxGjIOrOjRrkiYQpfDAXSyncql1Ub7COv7gA8d_Cmy67Ig72Y5wrYqlz976uaSHbryoQ?width=800&height=500&cropmode=none

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    @Bonxie Why does your game look like that? I'm assuming that you just shared a screenshot from CL. If so, that is the weirdest thing ever. The game does not look like that. Have you seen other people's screenshots? There are threads on the forums where people have posted, and none of them look anything like that. Also, you might want to look at wildlyminiaturesandwhich's tumblr. She created a story about a girl named Ryleigh Lemons (the current setting is San Myshuno). Besides writing an adorable story, WMS also had gorgeous shots. Keep us posted.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hey i got some questions about MC command but i cant ask two of them in the forums because of the rules so itd be nice if someone maybe coukd msg me (:

Im wondering what MC command can do. Ive read a little of it but i dont understand anything of it really xD
    Hey i got some questions about MC command but i cant ask two of them in the forums because of the rules so itd be nice if someone maybe coukd msg me (:

Im wondering what MC command can do. Ive read a little of it but i dont understand anything of it really xD

The short answer is, it can do a LOT. Or, not much. (Gotta throw that in just to complicate things... :smiley: ) Settings driven, it's up to YOU how much or how little influence you want it to have over your game.

Having said that, here's a thing I posted yesterday to my activity feed...

Modules: CAS, Cleaner, Cheats, Clubs, Career, Dresser, Gedcom, Occult, Pregnancy, Population, Tuner & one "extra" part (<< PM me, ratings issue). They're all detailed on the Description page, each module (and the base part) has its own Spoiler section.

The extra part's info isn't at MC/MTS though, but you can follow the link for it (in the table on the front page) to where that mod and its details are posted.

Speaking of PMs, you have one from me now. :)

• blondebsblondebs Posts: 2 New Member

Ok, thank you. :) I don't have the CL patch. But where I can find the old version 2.16? I find only 3.0.1.
    edited November 2016
    blondebs wrote: »

Ok, thank you. :) I don't have the CL patch. But where I can find the old version 2.16? I find only 3.0.1.

I'll PM you a link. :)

ETA: Check your PMs. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top