Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hello, my favourite people!

I've got an update for you :smile:

Chapter 3.10: As it should be
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Is it tea time Friday? Or have I missed it?

If not some questions to ponder.

1. In all iterations of the game which sims has been your favourite and why?

2. Story wise - have you ever been surprised by the direction that your story has taken you or do you stick to an outline without moving an inch?

3. What do you do to cure writers block?
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member

Sims 4. The graphics, all the way.

2. Story wise - have you ever been surprised by the direction that your story has taken you or do you stick to an outline without moving an inch?

Zannah and Tristen wasn't planned. I was just writing Tristen's interview and then Zannah was like 'hey, I know you! And I am totally in denial right now!'

My bestie. Seriously, she is the most amazing person.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The Sims 4. As Spotty said, the graphic is best, love the facial expressions.

Yep. The characters do this to me all the time. Many of them were supposed to have a minor role and then it turned out they fit in the story more than I expected.

1. Go for a walk.
    2. Do heavy brainstorming with a friend.
    3. Look at the scene I need to write from a different perspective, different POV.
    4. Asking myself what would make it more fun to write and then try some even most ridiculous scenarios.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited November 2016
    @swcheppes Thanks so much for taking care of the spotlight list :blush:

@Marialein Gabriel looks gorgeous! <3

Definitely four, apart from the amazing graphics and the fact that the game feels different from the other versions, the Sims 4 is the game I started SimLit with. And it will forever have a special place in my heart for that <3

I have chapters outlined, but whatever happens I roll with. That makes that sometimes I have to reschedule A LOT of chapters.
    One of my favourite examples is Jameson's death. The poor old man got saved tons of times by Blue. He just wanted to be with Avery!

Brainstorm! Preferably with other SimLit writers :)
    I also take inspiration from songs and other stories.
    Edit: Oh! And read the comments from my readers, them enjoying my story and letting me know encourages me so much!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

I really liked 3 with the pen world concept and the expansions they had out. I really got into creating Sims in that version (I created a whole town filled with all he ponies from My Little Pony...the whole town). My other favorite was Sims online! I loved being able to play with other simmers.

I usually have a general idea of what's going to happen in my stories. That being said I have changed things while playing because a new idea has popped up or my sim did something that a I liked better.

I just had a bad bit of writers block as you guys remember. I took a break from writing. I started playing Sims again just to play. For me it really helped.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited November 2016
    This is so funny. I sucummed and started to play @Kamio 's Selection Challenge and so far, the prince has only rolled whims for a girl called Sandy. And then four of the other girls have also rolled whims for her. This is absurdly funny for some reason. And then the maid arrived and he is blue! Why, game, why?
    EkpFDaf.png

TS4, definitely. I've never learned to love TS3 sims - they felt like wax figurines to me. And while TS2 is my favourite game of all time to this day, most sims were not pretty without CC, so yeah, current sims are my favourite, because they are really pretty and they look good when they smile.

I make plans, but I don't live by them - I'm open to let my sims decide. And I was surprised many times. When Melia rejected the proposal or when Dory proposed autonomously. The biggest suprise was when I wanted Melia to have one daugther and she ended up with two sets of twins - that changed a lot of plans I had for current generation.

Usually, I take a break and focus on something else for awhile. I spent more time with my other hobbies. I watch movies, mostly the ones that inspired the story, to find inspiration or some little event or line to build upon. I read other SimLit stories. Or I study - studying makes me wanna do anything else than studying :lol:
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    1. In all iterations of the game which sims has been your favorite and why?

TS4 for sure because even though the graphics are cartoony - they are breathtaking.

Yes! I had this entire plot set out for my first CB story were Sophia and Eliza end up together but my MCC mod had other plans and gave Eliza twins soooo she decided to stay with Bob for the children's sake.

3. What do you do to cure writers' block?

UGH, I am currently in that scenario! I have what I feel is a great story arc/plot but it currently has SO many holes it is frustrating...So, I am taking a few weeks off from continuing the writing process.
    This is so funny. I sucummed and started to play @Kamio 's Selection Challenge and so far, the prince has only rolled whims for a girl called Sandy. And then four of the other girls have also rolled whims for her. This is absurdly funny for some reason. And then the maid arrived and he is blue! Why, game, why?

"there's something about MARY" <- have you seen that movie?
    edited November 2016
    @Spottydog714 - Oooh! Are you taking pictures? Even if you aren't writing a story I would be soooo keen to see stuff from it :sunglasses:

Oh also...I am working on a fancy hotel inspired wedding reception venue that fits into San Myshuno and I am just a little proud of it :blush:
    This is where one of the girls from the Selection Challenge is getting married. She ends up with a wealthy businessman and a high rise wedding reception just so 100% fit the bill!! Did I mention how beautiful the lighting that comes through the windows is??!?!?!

11-06-16_11-29-06nbspPM_zpsi1stumf3.png

11-06-16_11-52-53nbspPM_zpsf14daljo.png

11-06-16_11-29-01nbspPM_zpsbue9rpla.png

11-06-16_11-53-10nbspPM_zpsohwzn3ht.png

Ignore the lighting in the chapel, I still have to tweak a few things but I am so in <3<3<3

VIRTUALEE wrote: »

"there's something about MARY" <- have you seen that movie?

No... But I looked it up. Sounds hilarious :joy:
    EkpFDaf.png
    @Kamio That looks gorgeous! I completely agree, the windows are amazing! And I'll take some pictures just for you :p
    EkpFDaf.png
    @Kamio it's beautiful :love:
    @Kamio really romantic!!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I am late I know.

I really liked Sims 3 but it bugged like h*ll. So I would say now Sims 4. Just like others this is the game where I started playing with.

Sometimes. For example I just wanted for Tony to get a little appearance. I guess he is no sim for this. He wants to be an important part of the story.

Sometimes just leaving my stories for a while. I play sims, take a walk with my dog, take as much time as I need, read, watching films, listening to music. I guess I do whatever i want for a while :)

So now that we have November has anybody something to sign in in the calendar? Should I put the spotlight list on it?
    How are we doing the spotlight by the way? Are we just discussing the story, asking the writer questions or is there a set response?

If there isn't something in place I'd love to do up some questions/get the ball rolling

The Sims 2 surprisingly enough. I have such fond memories of that game. I loved the romantic interactions, the new depth and possibilities it opened up from TS1. TS4 is one that I love. TS3 graphically didn't do it for me.

2. Story wise - have you ever been surprised by the direction that your story has taken you or do you stick to an outline without moving an inch? I am constantly surprised by the direction that my stories decide to go. I try to do outlines but my characters are generally so strong willed that they turn it into their own story. I let me characters tell me who they are and I really love it!

I'm still working this one out :lol: Generally I focus on other things. I build in game, start reading a new or old series of books or perseve and push the story in a different direction until inspiration strikes.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    How are we doing the spotlight by the way? Are we just discussing the story, asking the writer questions or is there a set response?

If there isn't something in place I'd love to do up some questions/get the ball rolling

I was thinking more the first one you mentioned, discussing the story asking questions. What does everyone else think?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Hope everyone had a nice Halloween :)

Here's a 5 minute vid where I answer 10 questions about Elliot and Dodi that readers may not realise or know ;) Lots of pictures and motion machinima clips, too! Enjoy x

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read chapter 1-15 go here!

https://youtu.be/uINKk4odJ10
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @Kamio I think each author could introduce their story, tell us what inspired them to write it, something about the characters etc. Then both readers and the author can ask questions.

@Jellysimwich Great video. I wouldn't have guessed that Elliot's an ateist. I guess it makes life even harder for him when he does not believe.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited November 2016
    @Jellysimwich - I loved the video! Thanks so much. I know that sounds weird but I love how you describe things :lol:

~*~

Quick Request from Me! :lol:

I am about to post the next chapter for the Selection Challenge so unless you like spoilers/aren't up-to-date this will spoil who makes it into the Elite Stage of the Selection Challenge.

Anyway - I have created a poll to help me make a decision on who should win this thing :hushed:

So please spare a moment and cast two votes for you favourite girls - or vote twice for your own girl. It is up to you! Cast Your Vote Here!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Post edited by Kamio on
    Update time!!!

Cursed Beauty Prequel

Bachelors are in trouble, will Tatiana get there in time?

https://youtu.be/kNivrCo2iyw
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

@Jellysimwich Great video. I wouldn't have guessed that Elliot's an ateist. I guess it makes life even harder for him when he does not believe.

So much complexity with Elliot. I'll be getting into his 'layers' more in upcoming chapters. Thanks for watching :)