Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
With only three expansions out, there are a lot of features that are still sure to come. But what features still feel "missing" for you that you would have liked to see in the base game or by this point?

Personally, aside from toddlers, I really would like to see more careers. I feel the options aren't that specific [or too specific?] and lean more either towards creative industries or far-unique (astronaut, secret agent, etc.). I'd love to see Military career again, or Education, or even the Slacker career from TS1/TS2 days. There just isn't a great variety now. Even some low paying part-time jobs would be nice.

Do you agree? What do you miss?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2016
    For me its toddlers/preteens and just more basic animations like making the bed and more playful interactions such as kids playing tag, pillow fights not locked to a object. As you mentioned the military career is another one I would like to see so I can remake a family I had in Sims 2 hopefully the obstacle course comes along with it, they really went over the top with careers and excluded everyday normal jobs. Cars driveways and garages is another must have for me I hate having to fake it.

Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    A lot of the jobs don't seem to fit the sims that I create, I would love some more variety to choose from. I'm definitely missing the military and education careers, and I loved the slacker career from previous games! I'm hoping that when pets comes out we'll get some animal-based career options. I would have appreciated having a lawyer career or something with CL. It would have been cool if the detective career had been a law career instead, and split into police and lawyer/prosecutor branches.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm dying for supernaturals and more life states in general instead of costumes replacements.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I'm dying for supernaturals and more life states in general instead of costumes replacements.

Me too!
    I also reallllly want a World Adventures type pack, since one of my Sims is supposed to be an explorer. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PETS! I want a cat! And a bunny! Also, it would be nice to have Create-A-Style back, and resorts like in Island Paradise. And swimming in the ocean.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Supernatural, I want more life states, I want some magic, I do understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally feel like a supernatural would had so much gameplay and life states.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    Absolutely miss the weather the most. And I would love to get something completely new, something we've never had before. Skip the supernatural and go for something cool but realistic imho
  • Options
    RobCarlos02RobCarlos02 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I'm new here! Well I personally want a Generations-inspired expansion. They could make The Education Career an active job. Send kids to school and play with them there. Give them proms and have them deal with bullies etc. There should be a High School and an elementary school. They could add vehicles in this expansion.

A Supernatural type expansion would also be awesome. Witches, Vampires, Werewolves and Fairies were awesome!
  • Options
    angellouise0715angellouise0715 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would also like an additional option to where you can own more than one lot.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    For me, what is still missing is The Sims 4.
    raw
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hip hop, R&B, and Latin or Salsa are the only ones that are missing in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    I would like more building options and more lots to build on. It would also be nice if the world was more interactive...To be able to swim in lakes, to chase and feed the pigeons in the park, even simple things like feeding and cleaning our fishtanks. It's the little things that are missing.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    washers and dryers in the sims4 weather and pets and seasons
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    As potentially cold-hearted as it sounds, I really enjoyed the option of sending my kids away to school from the Sims 3 Generations. I also enjoyed the punishment system, and pretty much everything else from that pack. I think many people feel that a family element is lacking from the game, and I think TS3 Generations did such a phenomenal job of catering to each generation.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Supernaturals
    Attraction System (although I think the sims are getting smarter about that)
    Smarter sims is always appreciated
    The base traits to be even stronger (over riding the emotion system) - I think they did a good job on the jealousy trait
    Celebrity System

bands would be nice
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    worlds.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Vampires, werewolves, witches.
    Memories, it would be nice if sims were a little more attatched to their loved ones, and had a bit more of a reaction to the loss of them.
    The ability for some sims to hold grudges. It'd be nice if some sims didn't want to get back with their partner after they cheat.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Favorites system,
    Food/Drink, Music genre, Color, Film/Novel, Weather, Animal

each having an effect on emotions

Basic Weather like temperature change, rain, cloudy day, moon phases, more survival aspects

and Supernaturals, Sorcerers, Werewolves. I really want to actually start playing how I want.

going on adventures, and using magic, and powers at my leisure.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    For me its toddlers/preteens and just more basic animations like making the bed and more playful interactions such as kids playing tag, pillow fights not locked to a object. As you mentioned the military career is another one I would like to see so I can remake a family I had in Sims 2 hopefully the obstacle course comes along with it, they really went over the top with careers and excluded everyday normal jobs. Cars driveways and garages is another must have for me I hate having to fake it.

Yeah, I really miss making beds for some reason...

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    aaliyahx3aaliyahx3 Posts: 11 New Member
    1. a new trait option , 3 are way to scant . For the most of my sims I would need 4 or 5 :'(. 2 . the workaholic trait , I really miss that from sims 3 :'( 3.the singer career , for me the best career on sims 3 & I always play the musican career the most , but I would love to follow them on there jobs *__* That would be so amazing 4. Celebs , since sims 1 one of the best parts :D , I would also love when we had a model career =) & of course the toddlers + seasons ;) I beg you , pls pls bring it back :'(
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Thought of another thing I'm missing, the crazy makeout session on a couch that ts2 had. The ts4 version lacks passion.
    imhappy wrote: »
    bands would be nice
    Yes.
    I want drums, and the option to form a band. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    rayban87rayban87 Posts: 8 New Member
    Things I really liked from the previous sims that I think would be great additions to Sims 4.

1) Fame/Celebrity - I mean now that we have social media as an actual career thanks to CL, I feel like this has to be a further progression for sure!

2) Pets and weather! I really loved having a dog and experiencing weather on top of the penthouse would be so cool.
    Also it would be cool to put a pet restriction on some of the apartments as a building trait would be awesome as well just for that little bit of a kick of realism.

3) Supernatural - I know this may be just me but I really LOVED that cleaning spell back in Sims 3 Supernatural expansion!
    Heck I would love throwing parties upon parties over and over again just so at the end I could use the spell!
    Then also adventuring to tombs and stuff was freaking awesome, I really loved it.
    Plus I am also a zombie fan, and you could have wings too as some kind of faerie.
    Honestly it was one of my most favourite expansions!

In fact I still play some of Sims 3 because of pets, weather and spells and faeries lol.
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    There's so much that I don't even know where to start, but toddlers are a big one. That combined with babies being confined to the crib are huge for me. I also want more normal options for careers- teacher, lawyer, military, construction, etc. I'd also like some more typical suburban furniture and decor- stuff that isn't super fancy or ultra modern.