March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    For me, Sims 3 is an addiction, I love the game and all my Sims and really care about what happens to them. I can play for hours (my record is 8 hours strait) and never get bored.

Sims 4 is a time waster, I don't get hours of fun out of it like 3, one or two hours tops before I shut it down. I like my Sims but if they vanished in a poof of smoke I wouldn't care much, though I do admit it is getting a bit better with the CL EP.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Charlottesmom I know this is not the place, but does CL really improve the experience? (oh lord here I go again..., just when I had decided not to bother anymore..)
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I know this is not the place, but does CL really improve the experience? (oh lord here I go again..., just when I had decided not to bother anymore..)

Hi JoAnne, In all honesty I haven't played CL all that much, about 5 hours total since I got it, but the festivals are pretty fun, and the community buildings my Sim Blake has visited are well done. I haven't noticed it much but some simmers have mentioned more autonomous behaviors from their Sims now. Blake was just visiting the City though I think I have to move him and his fiancee into the city to really get the experience. There seems to be some chatter of interweaving of City Living and other EP Game Pack items, things are becoming more intertwined now, again I have to play more 4 to see this but it does make me want to play 4 a bit more now. I probably will resist for awhile as I'm deeply engrossed in getting my story in 3 done.

Consider this a semi thumbs up for Sims 4 at this point in time, I'm certainly not going to abandon 3 for 4 any time soon. ;)

Hi JoAnne, In all honesty I haven't played CL all that much, about 5 hours total since I got it, but the festivals are pretty fun, and the community buildings my Sim Blake has visited are well done. I haven't noticed it much but some simmers have mentioned more autonomous behaviors from their Sims now. Blake was just visiting the City though I think I have to move him and his fiancee into the city to really get the experience. There seems to be some chatter of interweaving of City Living and other EP Game Pack items, things are becoming more intertwined now, again I have to play more 4 to see this but it does make me want to play 4 a bit more now. I probably will resist for awhile as I'm deeply engrossed in getting my story in 3 done.

Consider this a semi thumbs up for Sims 4 at this point in time, I'm certainly not going to abandon 3 for 4 any time soon. ;)
    Thank you :smiley: Autonomous behaviour doesn't really sell the game for me, I'm a control freak where it comes to my sims and if I want them to do things I tell them to. Unless it means reacting and plausible behaviour, triggered by certain events, that I do love. But if it means random hugs, mwah. And I only have two game packs, so that as such won't do it for me either. I am really curious what the lot traits do to the appartments, that's a really cool idea.
    5JZ57S6.png

Thank you :smiley: Autonomous behaviour doesn't really sell the game for me, I'm a control freak where it comes to my sims and if I want them to do things I tell them to. Unless it means reacting and plausible behaviour, triggered by certain events, that I do love. But if it means random hugs, mwah. And I only have two game packs, so that as such won't do it for me either. I am really curious what the lot traits do to the appartments, that's a really cool idea.

The lot traits are what I Reeeeeeeelllly want to see in action, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm trying to work with mods for Sims 3, but I keep feeling a bit bored (and frustrated) with Sims 3 in live mode.

Sims 4 still feels bare, at the moment.

I still want to play both because I had spent money on both these iterations, hoping both will engage me better.

(Got a lot of EPs and SPs and a few worlds on sale.I just hate wasting money. I'm an impulsive buyer, and I'm beginning to regret my purchases for Sims 3 and 4 .)

Sims 3 is better (with mods) than Sims 4, but it feels like a lot of work and little payoff for me. I haven't logged back in and played for almost a month or two now because I am dreading dealing with the frustrations of this game again.

I'm going to try again one day...soon...when I feel ready to deal with it again.

Until then, when I do play any Sims, I'll be playing Sims 2 and even occasionally Sims 4.

I am very envious of those who can enjoy Sims 3. Sims 3 and I are like water and oil (or is it fire and oil), lol.

So, I am playing neither Sims 3 nor Sims 4 at the moment.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member

The lot traits are what I Reeeeeeeelllly want to see in action, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

The sims at the festivals will eat...and eat..and eat...
    I'm afraid the town might all be overweight if left alone .the festivals are the best part of CL .i would wait for a sale for those who are really unsure.

For me it added a lot to the game .but then again I didn't play too much sims 4 before CL .

I prefer sims 3 .id take isla pardiso in all its laggy glory before all else
    Happy Simming!♥
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sorry you're not enjoying either game at the moment. I vastly prefer Sims 3 to Sims 4. Right now I'm having fun taking my sims on a five day holiday to Bridgeport. But even I feel lost and bored sometimes. It's helped this year that I've become more active on the forums and sharing my pictures. Maybe you just need a break. Take a month or two to sit back, maybe follow some stories here or on tumblr. When you're ready you might have some ideas of what you like to do.

The main draw card for Sims 3 for me is the story progression that comes with an open world (and of course Nraas StoryProgression). I like that you can go anywhere and do anything. Mods help with any lag.
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I dislike Sims 3 alooooottttt....
    Sims 2 > Sims 4 > Sims 1 > Sims 3
    Sorry, you only get to express pretend feelings like that once per forum. No one here really believed you the first time, either. o:)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/901357/why-i-hate-ts3/p1

Hm.. so.. it is not okay to dislike TS3... But disliking all other games is okay? Y'know, I'm sorry your precious little Sims 3 is not liked by all, but I guess you should accept that people have different opinions.
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Sorry, you only get to express pretend feelings like that once per forum. No one here really believed you the first time, either. o:)

Hm.. so.. it is not okay to dislike TS3... But disliking all other games is okay? Y'know, I'm sorry your precious little Sims 3 is not liked by all, but I guess you should accept that people have different opinions.

tumblr_mnswnihkSa1rqfhi2o1_250_zpsennsvajz.gif
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member

You remind me of my sims neighbors in the apartments in sims 4 "I'm sorry your life is boring but I live here too."

I beat up every neighbor who said that ,funnily enough :D
    Happy Simming!♥
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

Coming from somebody who calls anyone who criticizes the Sims 4 in a constructive way a "basher", that's not very logical.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2016

Your thread in this section @igazor posted was shut down for baiting. You just had another thread shut down in TS4 Gen Discussions for baiting. You bumped this thread that was dead for over a month. It's against forum rules to bump dead threads. I can find several other posts of yours that are baits. Unlike the sims 4 section, you try to bait people here in TS3 , they won't put up with it. People don't behave here like they do in TS4. Everyone gets along so if you can't get along take your baiting elsewhere.
    Candyd wrote: »

Coming from somebody who calls anyone who criticizes the Sims 4 in a constructive way a "basher", that's not very logical.

They need to eat their own words. I suspect they bumped this old thread to have it shut down by baiting people. I would just let the thread die again or ignore them and move on
    edited November 2016
    coco wrote: »
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sorry you're not enjoying either game at the moment. I vastly prefer Sims 3 to Sims 4. Right now I'm having fun taking my sims on a five day holiday to Bridgeport. But even I feel lost and bored sometimes. It's helped this year that I've become more active on the forums and sharing my pictures. Maybe you just need a break. Take a month or two to sit back, maybe follow some stories here or on tumblr. When you're ready you might have some ideas of what you like to do.

The main draw card for Sims 3 for me is the story progression that comes with an open world (and of course Nraas StoryProgression). I like that you can go anywhere and do anything. Mods help with any lag.

Thanks, @coco . Yeah, I think I just need a little break from it. I did have some fun in the past (using mods, of course), so it's a matter of trying to get in the mood to update some mods and tweak the mods again to suit my playstyle.

I like some types of story progression, but I'm a rotational player from Sims 2, so I have been trying figure how to keep my rotational gameplay in sims 3 using NRAAS mods. (And trying to tweak world to get more populated lots, and get more customers for my sims' businesses, etc.)

It's a bit overwhelming with getting and rearranging all of the fixes, and trying to get things to work in some worlds, so, yes, I may just be a bit stressed from that.

So, yeah, definitely need another small break session.

I'll try playing again soon.

Just having my typical mood swings with this game, lol. :lol:

ETA: If I had to choose between either one (3 or 4) in general terms, like amount of gameplay and depth and lots of customization, I would advise people to get sims 3--as long as they have a really good computer, or perhaps use some mods. :smile:

(NRAAS mods help a lot with lag. So it's not a lag thing with me. Just sparse or empty lots issue.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)

And your next post will be "heeheehee" like last time, as if your posts are truly bothersome or something? :p

Of course I accept the opinions of others. I also respect my fellow forum residents, the ones who don't speak to others as if they were little children or abuse the forums for their own personal amusement. I don't care which games they like and don't like as long as they manage to enjoy themselves while playing, which is kind of the whole point.

You have arranged things so that you no longer have any credibility on this board, so of course we cannot take your posts seriously. I don't even believe that you like ice cream, which is really kind of sad. :'(

And your next post will be "heeheehee" like last time, as if your posts are truly bothersome or something? :p

Of course I accept the opinions of others. I also respect my fellow forum residents, the ones who don't speak to others as if they were little children or abuse the forums for their own personal amusement. I don't care which games they like and don't like as long as they manage to enjoy themselves while playing, which is kind of the whole point.

You have arranged things so that you no longer have any credibility on this board, so of course we cannot take your posts seriously. I don't even believe that you like ice cream, which is really kind of sad. :'(

You now made me sing this LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0pfP_MD6xA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    @phoebebebe13 - LOL! It all sounds like it's happening right in front of us, doesn't it. Those guys over at RCA are pure geniuses. :p

88s3w2zjz0ksa714g.jpg
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited November 2016
    @Charlottesmom Yes, me too (also because of the experiences of others). But I'm not going to buy the expansion just like that. If I can make a good deal like with GT (50% off) I just might buy it after all ;)
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 I think, apart from apparent flaws and shortcomings all versions come with, there will always be that aspect of personal preference. I can honestly say that I haven't been bored with Sims 3 for one single moment, completely vanilla (I'm not playing vanilla now but that involves performance mods and a mod that makes things more flexible (MC), but I did play vanilla for about five years). There's always that short moment at the beginning of a new generation where I think "mmmmmmmwhat on earth am I going to do with this guy/girl this time....", but as soon as I start playing with the new heir that feeling immediately vanishes and everything comes naturally, automatically. There has always been new things to do, new sims to interact with, new ideas, a new story. Even now, with heir 21, more than two years after EA pulled the plug on the game.
    @OMGiLoveIceCream No dear, it's not that, we sincerely don't care whether you like the game or not. The point is, Sims 3 doesn't have a feedback section. The reason being: it's done, it's finished, there's nothing to reflect on anymore. Nothing is going to change ever again. There's only one plausible reason left to reflect on the game, and that is in relation to the future of the franchise ('I hope they will never do open world/CASt/bugs/toddlers/traits system etc anymore'). The proper place to express that opinion however is the section of the current game, not this place. That's where the gurus are who are dealing with future content. And apart from that, @phoebebebe13 is completely right, you're nothing but baiting. Both here and there. I hardly ever catch you being constructive.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, personal preference is definitely part of it, @JoAnne65 . :smile:

I'm just too used to Sims 2 and its challenges and detailed animations and goofy sims and detailed OFB aspects, I guess.

I'm trying to use mods and edit the worlds more to my liking.

There are times when I do enjoy Sims 3 a lot.

I think it depends on what gameplay aspects of Sims 3 I am currently playing with.

And my tech has a lot of an effect on my personal fun as well. I have sparse lots a lot of the time, which is not fun at all.

Sims 3 is beautiful to look at and travel in, but sparse lots, limited businesses, and annoying routing issues tend to kill so much of the goodwill I have towards it at times.

I just want populated lots like I did in the older games, darn it, and better businesses and restaurants. (Open For Business was a great Sims 2 pack, and I can't get that same exact feeling with Sims 3 so far.)

For a solution, I have recently found a way to "push" sims (against their free will, lol) to come to lots, so I am hoping that I can use this to get populated lots and for businesses.
    (She/her)
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Yes, playing the game on a high end computer certainly improves the experience. I think I couldn't cope with a lot of lag and stuttering and deserted lots either to be honest. And this is where personal preference also plays a part: I'm not really interested in the restaurant/retail side of the games. I would have really liked my sims to sit together at all times when they go to eat (I believe there's a mod for that btw, I still have to check that one out). Haven't played Sims 2 for quite some time by the way, maybe I ought to pick up that game again for a change as well. I had just started to open a store at home for my sim, see how that would play.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Yes, there is a mod for the sitting together, @JoAnne65 . I had a mod where the dishes automatically get set up on the table, and then my sims can finally eat together. (This mod was a godsend for me, as I always personally felt my sims 3 sims were kind of distant from each other, and they rarely interacted much with each other compared to Sims 2.)

And yes, deserted lots are a huge letdown for my gameplay. The festival lots are a total waste of space for me because of this. (Barely any sims come to any of my community lots, which makes festival days and hangout days very lonely and depressing for me. :cry: )

I barely have lag with NRAAS mods, though. At least that's something positive. I love the NRAAS. :love:
    (She/her)
    edited November 2016
    Is it this one: icarusallsorts.EatOutsideRestaurant? It's in my downloads folder, I haven't installed it yet though.
    edit: no, probably this one: icarusallsorts.ServeMeals.package
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited November 2016
    Is it this one: icarusallsorts.EatOutsideRestaurant? It's in my downloads folder, I haven't installed it yet though.

Oh, yes! I think that is the one where you eat outside the restaurants and diners. I had that one installed in the past when I played long ago.
    http://modthesims.info/d/524698
    (I haven't checked recently to see if it still works now with the waiters added in the update.)

I was also thinking of this home mod as well:

http://modthesims.info/d/535651
    The "Set The Table & Call To Meal" mod.
    It really worked well in my game! This mod was great! :smile:
    (She/her)
    edit: no, probably this one: icarusallsorts.ServeMeals.package

You're right on both counts, @JoAnne65 ! :smiley:

This modder has some really good mods! :smile: (There is a user-directed scolding/punishment mod by them I am thinking of including in my game one day.)

I am ever so happy for the existence of mods (and CC)! :heart::heart::heart:
    (She/her)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top