Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Yeah, time for me to get into "work prep" mode here, too.

Back in the morning (not logging out yet, but more AFK than not till I do).
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    it seems that i have a file missing i found this on log file

The dresser configuration file, C:\Users\USER\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\mc_dresser.cfg, is not found. (This is normal until changes are made to MC Dresser)
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited November 2016
    anoses wrote: »

The dresser configuration file, C:\Users\USER\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\mc_dresser.cfg, is not found. (This is normal until changes are made to MC Dresser)

:)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

Yes, if you Whitelist some CAS thing you like, or Blacklist some item you don't care for, or Save an Outfit, any of those 3 actions will generate the mc_dresser.cfg file for you.

Yes, if you Whitelist some CAS thing you like, or Blacklist some item you don't care for, or Save an Outfit, any of those 3 actions will generate the mc_dresser.cfg file for you.

Thank you i made a change and i have the file now but something weird happened now i have the new version but on the notification i had welcome to 3.0.0

Thank you i made a change and i have the file now but something weird happened now i have the new version but on the notification i had welcome to 3.0.0

I talked about that not long ago here. Text error. Nothing more. As long as file dates on ts4scripts are 10/30 ignore that window's number. You have 3.0.1 .

I have deja vu. LOL! (teasing) :p

I talked about that not long ago here. Text error. Nothing more. As long as file dates on ts4scripts are 10/30 ignore that window's number. You have 3.0.1 .

I have deja vu. LOL! (teasing) :p

:smile: thank you for the information :)
    Is anybody else playing a new game since the patch? I'm not yet, well, I've tested things using both old and new save files, but for really playing... I guess I need to research MS more, because I really don't know what I'm doing. :smiley: One more thing for the "week off" bucket.

Two nights to go, and tonight is an hour longer than usual. Yay. :# I'll miss Daylight Savings Time. Winter is gloomy here, seems like.

I'd like to play, but I'd rather roll a new hood. The bigger game I'd been playing (Terra, Ingrid et al...), with some of the settings I'm using now, some of what I had going on there won't do what it's supposed to. I may go back to it later on, but right now, I'm more into seeing more of the new stuff, anyway.

But, I just had the Sugar Skull thing pop up on a sim. Isn't that over? So I decided to do a little cleanup on my files. Came here first. Y'know.
    :p
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Is anybody else playing a new game since the patch? I'm not yet, well, I've tested things using both old and new save files, but for really playing... I guess I need to research MS more, because I really don't know what I'm doing. :smiley: One more thing for the "week off" bucket.

Two nights to go, and tonight is an hour longer than usual. Yay. :# I'll miss Daylight Savings Time. Winter is gloomy here, seems like.

I'd like to play, but I'd rather roll a new hood. The bigger game I'd been playing (Terra, Ingrid et al...), with some of the settings I'm using now, some of what I had going on there won't do what it's supposed to. I may go back to it later on, but right now, I'm more into seeing more of the new stuff, anyway.

But, I just had the Sugar Skull thing pop up on a sim. Isn't that over? So I decided to do a little cleanup on my files. Came here first. Y'know.

MCCC have been working hard in my game. Those nosy neighbours just do not know when to leave so I use the cheat-interaction over and over again on them....
    Its quite odd - we had the daylight savings change one weekend ago 29th to 30th - would it not be easier if all countries changed at the same time?
    AMB.jpg
    Bloudwed wrote: »

MCCC have been working hard in my game. Those nosy neighbours just do not know when to leave so I use the cheat-interaction over and over again on them....
    Its quite odd - we had the daylight savings change one weekend ago 29th to 30th - would it not be easier if all countries changed at the same time?

Probably, but TBH they may have made that change HERE (in the US) so it would stay daylight longer for Trick or Treat Oct 31. I'm not sure, but it sounds legit to me.

Fun Fact, Indiana doesn't change time. They just adapt. I think there are other areas here, too. Little weird having tv shows coming on at the "wrong" time, but they handle it. I used to hang out with people from there, I've been there when their time was different from MY time at home. ;)
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    OK, semi-related mod-question but I thought you geniouses might be able to help all the same. I find it insanely annoying to all the Elders seems to be around in my world. It drives me crazy to find Katy, 86 be the only one out at the basketball court practising, I go bananas to only meet Ben and Jerry, 79 and 82 out jogging in the middle of the day etc. One part is ofc that my always growing population is getting older and so Marcus Flex and Bella Goth is growing into elder-hood ofc. But also it seems that the game generates quite a no of too many elders to. So, I have some thoughts on how to correct this a bit. Not to eradicate the elders, but to just make them a little more rare:
    1) use a (much) lower population percentage setting when it comes to elders (Will that mean game will generate fewer homeless elders?
    2) Increase # days as an adult and lower #days as an elder. To get a more "natural" kill off. This worries me some since I would like to have the elders around. Just not too many of them...
    3)There is a setting that triggers more random sim spawning right? Is that working correctly these days?

Thoughts? Ideas?
    AMB.jpg
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    OK, semi-related mod-question but I thought you geniouses might be able to help all the same. I find it insanely annoying to all the Elders seems to be around in my world. It drives me crazy to find Katy, 86 be the only one out at the basketball court practising, I go bananas to only meet Ben and Jerry, 79 and 82 out jogging in the middle of the day etc. One part is ofc that my always growing population is getting older and so Marcus Flex and Bella Goth is growing into elder-hood ofc. But also it seems that the game generates quite a no of too many elders to. So, I have some thoughts on how to correct this a bit. Not to eradicate the elders, but to just make them a little more rare:
    1) use a (much) lower population percentage setting when it comes to elders (Will that mean game will generate fewer homeless elders?
    2) Increase # days as an adult and lower #days as an elder. To get a more "natural" kill off. This worries me some since I would like to have the elders around. Just not too many of them...
    3)There is a setting that triggers more random sim spawning right? Is that working correctly these days?

Thoughts? Ideas?

I'm seeing several elders in jobs, too. And I haven't played much. Changed games too, so I'm not going to do a who's who rundown. Right now, whole new ballgame, I have no idea who any of those people are. LOL! (I do, but not the new batch, for sure.) Evidently I moved in next to the pregnant woman and her hubby.

Welcome Wagon fanfare @ 10am... I saved & exited. Don't have that kind of play left in me this morning. Bleah. But if you cancel it, they get mad. (Go figure.) :p

1) It should. Don't go too low, at least not until we get another update to MC. 0 will break stuff. Not sure where the bottom threshold is. 10 SEEMS to be okay, here. (Not enough seat time to say Yes or No, yet.)

2) Age spans are changeable. Try some, if you don't like them, change them. Mine are weird. B)

"Age_Span_Adult": 21,
    "Age_Span_Baby": 1,
    "Age_Span_Child": 13,
    "Age_Span_Elder": 20,
    "Age_Span_Teen": 15,
    "Age_Span_YoungAdult": 22,

And I may be edging downward on the 3 2x ones. Still deciding. Also, 13 for child is a lot. IF you play on long, it's x4. I was looking at how long it took them to do things, but then we had this patch, and... <shrug>

3) Keeping in mind I'm not far from bed, and not thinking clearly, or much, at this point, but, what?? Try again, I'm not sure which setting you mean.
    :D
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    so @egwarhammer can you help me? I wanna to slow down time..you tell me to put mod comand centre and what else,there is to menny files i just wanna to slow don time and that is only one mod i wanna to use in game!
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I downloaded the new mod. 3.0.1 - I think that's what it's called. Anyway, when I start the game, it says welcome to 3.0.0 (or something like that). But I downloaded the newer one, so I just want to make sure it's the correct version. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I love the new culling addition. But the game seems to add new relationships so quickly. I click on mailbox, and it clears out 122 relationships. A half hour later, on a different sims mailbox, I clear out 44 relationships. Does that sound right to you?

I also like going in and hand deleting relationships. It's helped my game go a lot faster.

Thanks!

I missed a spot... a brand new game, if you add a +1 to start the hood with, comes with 70 sims, now. Depending on what you're doing, how many sims you have on lots, etc etc, I'd say it's entirely possible they could indeed be forming that many "transient" relationships behind the scenes.

How many sims do you have? get_pop in the cheat bar will give you the bottom line number... get_pop b will print a more detailed summary to your MC log file, if you're interested.

I have 150 sims!

I tried get_pop b, but it doesn't work. Just says 150 sims, but nothing detailed.

Also, Eliza and Bob Pancake aren't married. I mean, they are married, I even had them renew vows. But the game doesn't think they are married. I even went into Command Center and tried to change their relationship to "married," but it wouldn't let me do that. Probably, because it knows they are married. Yet, on the tree it says they are not married and Eliza can't join the married women's club, because she isn't married. Obviously my game is confused. I think it's because I aged them down to teens at one point, and then aged them back up. Any ideas on how to solve this?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    How to change Game Time Speed in MCCC 3.0.1
    so @egwarhammer can you help me? I wanna to slow down time..you tell me to put mod comand centre and what else,there is to menny files i just wanna to slow don time and that is only one mod i wanna to use in game!

For the use of the time function you only need the main module. It's enough to download McCmdCenter_ScriptAndPackage_3_0_1.zip from the MC MTS download page (link), but I would recommend to download the complete package McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_1.zip. You should give it a try. There are many useful functions in the MC suite besides the time speed control.

I suppose, you are familiar with installing mods in your game in general, so I won't explain the basics. There are also a lot of tips and tricks mentioned on the MC home page. It's worth a look...

Back to your question:

To access the MCCC configuration menu you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter. A tablet is also fine, but has first to be moved from the inventory and placed somewhere on the lot.

Where to find the time function in MCCC
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Game Time Speed

How to acces Game Time Speed... Step by step (click on show)
    1. Click on a computer or tablet on your active lot.
    2. Click on the "MC Command Center..." button.
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed.
    4. Click on "MCCC Settings..."
    5. A menu titeled "MCCC Settings..." appears
    6. Click on "Game Time Speed"

The dialog window looks like this:
    y3mRlkjyRaz_x7ZIELDBnz849YX2_ThgrsyvVjiwwCouDoS6N3N4aY2oeEkkMDtm_9GGQvnI-5wByiJdZsayynX6h8hH1g5pQKp5YqcRudBG8zs_O0Kc0vsU2l3L1XsG2BSSLKauLmutVJNudmiJCX40N_GZgdxAtoqbnOAHBZz8Cg?width=370&height=352&cropmode=none

The function is almost the same as the mod "Time Speed Changer" you used before. Try to find a value which is similar to your past game experience. IceM recommended for his mod 200 in the beginning. Max. slowdown is 1000, Maxis default is 25. Everything smaller than 25 speeds up the game time.

#howto #MCCC #GameTimeSpeed

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    I tried get_pop b, but it doesn't work. Just says 150 sims, but nothing detailed.

You should open the mc_cmd_center.log file in your Mod folder. There you can find a detailed output of the get_pop b command. In the game command line, only the total number of sims is displayed.

I have 287 Sims at the moment.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    @Bonxie you are WAY more together than I am. Thanks for the Game Time Speed posts. :) And for everything you've done besides, again. <3

I'm beginning to think you should've started this thread. :p No, you can't have my thread... but OMG am I glad you're a part of it! :smiley:

@Bloudwed and @ChelleJo I asked about the rude neighbors at MC tonight, I'll get back to you.

I've been trying to corral the people asking MC questions in the Broken Mods thread and drag them out of it. Some of them I told to come here with questions whether they had MC or not. Luthien has enough to keep up with.

So if anybody new wanders by with mod related questions, don't grump if they don't have MC. Cheerleader's invitation pwns "on topic" rule (such as it is...). Mkay? :)

Besides, we're persuasive. Betcha some of them don't LEAVE without trying/having MC. Hahaha!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Bonxie you are WAY more together than I am. Thanks for the Game Time Speed posts. :) And for everything you've done besides, again. <3

I'm beginning to think you should've started this thread. :p No, you can't have my thread... but OMG am I glad you're a part of it! :smiley:

@Bloudwed and @ChelleJo I asked about the rude neighbors at MC tonight, I'll get back to you.

I've been trying to corral the people asking MC questions in the Broken Mods thread and drag them out of it. Some of them I told to come here with questions whether they had MC or not. Luthien has enough to keep up with.

So if anybody new wanders by with mod related questions, don't grump if they don't have MC. Cheerleader's invitation pwns "on topic" rule (such as it is...). Mkay? :)

Besides, we're persuasive. Betcha some of them don't LEAVE without trying/having MC. Hahaha!

i agree you are persausive. i downloaded mc once to see what the big deal was now i come back with each new update.
    edited November 2016
    I downloaded the new mod. 3.0.1 - I think that's what it's called. Anyway, when I start the game, it says welcome to 3.0.0 (or something like that). But I downloaded the newer one, so I just want to make sure it's the correct version. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I love the new culling addition. But the game seems to add new relationships so quickly. I click on mailbox, and it clears out 122 relationships. A half hour later, on a different sims mailbox, I clear out 44 relationships. Does that sound right to you?

I also like going in and hand deleting relationships. It's helped my game go a lot faster.

Thanks!

I missed a spot... a brand new game, if you add a +1 to start the hood with, comes with 70 sims, now. Depending on what you're doing, how many sims you have on lots, etc etc, I'd say it's entirely possible they could indeed be forming that many "transient" relationships behind the scenes.

How many sims do you have? get_pop in the cheat bar will give you the bottom line number... get_pop b will print a more detailed summary to your MC log file, if you're interested.

I have 150 sims!

Also, Eliza and Bob Pancake aren't married. I mean, they are married, I even had them renew vows. But the game doesn't think they are married. I even went into Command Center and tried to change their relationship to "married," but it wouldn't let me do that. Probably, because it knows they are married. Yet, on the tree it says they are not married and Eliza can't join the married women's club, because she isn't married. Obviously my game is confused. I think it's because I aged them down to teens at one point, and then aged them back up. Any ideas on how to solve this?

The info doesn't print to the cheat window, it prints to your log, like @Bonxie said. Window out and open the mc_cmd_center.log file with a text editor after you run the command.

As for Bob and Eliza, try this. Move one of them out. From the still active one, run Forget Sim on the other one, include all the options (friendly, romantic, family ties). Then use the Relationships menu to reestablish their Spouse relationship. Then move the other one back in.

If THAT doesn't fix it, I'll probably ask for your save file.

Do you have any LastExceptions in /Sims4 or errors posted to your log? Need those, too.

Whoops! Edit to add tip: if you type rel_set Eliza Pancakes Bob Pancakes into the cheat bar, it's actually easier than navigating through the Primary and Secondary menus in that part. ;)

This cheerleader even got her own minions! :D
    Speaking of which, with my current settings I havent seen any issues with fertility massage, so I will have to dig deeper to see if I can get that same error. (I actually dont remember if this was asked for here or on mts... :D )
    But it seems to work with my current settings anyways. :)

Thanks!

I have 150 sims!

The info doesn't print to the cheat window, it prints to your log, like @Bonxie said. Window out and open the mc_cmd_center.log file with a text editor after you run the command.

As for Bob and Eliza, try this. Move one of them out. From the still active one, run Forget Sim on the other one, include all the options (friendly, romantic, family ties). Then use the Relationships menu to reestablish their Spouse relationship. Then move the other one back in.

Do you have any LastExceptions in /Sims4 or errors posted to your log? Need those, too.

Whoops! Edit to add tip: if you type rel_set Eliza Pancakes Bob Pancakes into the cheat bar, it's actually easier than navigating through the Primary and Secondary menus in that part. ;)

I love it how everyone of us use Eliza Pancakes as the example. Me included of course. :D
    itsug wrote: »

Thanks!

I have 150 sims!

I love it how everyone of us use Eliza Pancakes as the example. Me included of course. :D

they make me hungry so i don't play them a lot but i like them.
    Speaking of which, with my current settings I havent seen any issues with fertility massage, so I will have to dig deeper to see if I can get that same error. (I actually dont remember if this was asked for here or on mts... :D )

Asked at both, and the other site too. LOL! It's specifically the "purchase" in a Spa that isn't showing up. Can't buy a Fertility Massage in my game. Level 9 wellness on the Therapist. (TY SSI).

BTW, I wasn't meaning to leave anybody else who posts answers here out when I said I was glad Bonxie is here and doing her thing. You're all wonderful at helping players, and I really appreciate that, however you put posts together to do it. But you've seen those posts of hers, they're amazing. Out of my league, for sure. Cheerleader is NOT that organized. LOL!

Been to MTS lately, @itsug ? There's stuff.

Thanks!

I have 150 sims!

Actually I usually use the Goths, but @imhappy said the problem was WITH the Pancakes. :p

(ahem...)
    :D

Asked at both, and the other site too. LOL! It's specifically the "purchase" in a Spa that isn't showing up. Can't buy a Fertility Massage in my game. Level 9 wellness on the Therapist. (TY SSI).

BTW, I wasn't meaning to leave anybody else who posts answers here out when I said I was glad Bonxie is here and doing her thing. You're all wonderful at helping players, and I really appreciate that, however you put posts together to do it. But you've seen those posts of hers, they're amazing. Out of my league, for sure. Cheerleader is NOT that organized. LOL!

Been to MTS lately, @itsug ? There's stuff.

my issue was dum. i wasn't clicking mark all on the extracted files. once i did 15 of 16 now show in game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top