Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haunted trait

So does this actually do anything at all? I had my sim move into the apartment with it and so far nothing has happened. She's been there a full sime week and so far nothing. I'm a little disappointed. I even made her stay in the apartment for 24 sims hours just to see if that triggered anything, and nope.

Comments

• PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I have used it, I had a ghost randomly appear at night when I used the lot trait.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    a trait that i will never use and that is unimportant to me since i dislike ghost in the sims4 game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I think it's a great idea to designate a lot as "haunted." At least somebody at EA/Maxis is trying to add flavor this boring game of successive face palms. I hope they keep it for ts5 for when I might revisit the franchise.
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    I'm not sure if this was a haunting or a glitch, but I had the haunted trait for about a week and nothing happened until the 6th or 7th night.

I had just purchased a video game console. My sim got up in the middle of the night to pee, and the living room was completely dark/shut down when she entered the bathroom. When she came back out, the lights were still off in the living room, but the TV was on and there was an active online video game going on. I clicked the TV and had the option to join the online game. I had her turn the TV off and go back to sleep and nothing else happened.

Not sure if that's a typical thing that could happen with the haunted trait! Otherwise, not a thing! I also just swapped that out for a new trait, but I'm curious to know if other people have any weird TV experiences :) lol
  • ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    The second night in my new apartment, my Sim had a ghost. Good thing, she need to bring up her social. :)
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    @notetoself00x - I actually wouldn't mind it if the trait meant that kind of haunted instead of a normal sim ghost. I'm going to give it a few more nights and then change it too probably.

I'm not exactly a fan of the ghosts in this game either @friendlysimmers but thought that a single lady living in a haunted apartment would be kind of funny. I might change it over to the earthquake one.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited November 2016
    I put this trait on one house, ghost didn't come immediately. However, one night, at around midnight, one ghost came. She kicked trash can over, possessed indoor trashcan, mixed a drink and then she went away. There is no graves on the lot.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    ... hmmm ... it's exactly the same thing as what we already got in the basegame since Oct. 2014...
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    So, I moved my Sim into the haunted apt available in City Living but it's been over a week and nothing has happened. I wanted to try it out before the fixer upper apt. Guess I'll be moving her there since I'm curious to find out what happens. I read on Carls' guide that around 10:30 things begin to happen in the haunted apt but so far nothing. What do you folks think?
  • skatoolakiskatoolaki Posts: 41 Member
    Maybe your ghosts are just shy. :wink: I wonder if there is something you can do to make it more enticing for ghosts to appear?

I haven't tried the haunted lot trait, but you may want to pair it with the gnomes (where little tinkering gnomes supposedly fix your broken items). Not sure if the ghosts that come from the haunted lot trait will be the same, but my Sim's ghosts were continuously destroying all of the plumbing on my lot...enough to where I had to move them all to a community graveyard!
    Skasimlaki (my The Sims 2 site)
    Elizabeth's Legacy (The Sims 2 Legacy Challenge site)
    Tudor Hills Asylum (The Sims 3 Asylum Challenge site)
    The Swain Legacy (The Sims 4, and my current, Legacy Challenge site)
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I had a family that lived next door to a haunted apartment, some evenings I would hear "haunting" sounds but it wasn't often. I gave the Goth Manor the trait-it seems to fit it nicely.
  • AMSpracklenAMSpracklen Posts: 1 New Member
    I moved my vampire character into that apartment and exchanged the haunted trait for registered vampire lair. I still have the ghost doing stuff, so I think it's the historical trait that governs the ghost. I haven't seen the haunted trait do anything.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    My Sim already stayed 3 sim weeks with haunted trait... NO-THING HA-PPENS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    My sim used to live in an apartment with the haunted trait, and she got a ghost occasionally, not often though. But then, at some point I noticed there was a ghost living in an apartment in another building, and I'm pretty sure it was the ghost that had been haunting my lot... That was a bit weird.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• skatoolakiskatoolaki Posts: 41 Member
    I know the ghosts in my game get around. I'm five generations into a legacy challenge and more than half the town's population are ghosts now (seems almost the other half are vampires). All the doctors at the hospital, also, which is weird though I guess somewhat comforting that the same doctor, although dead, is delivering all the family's babies!
    Skasimlaki (my The Sims 2 site)
    Elizabeth's Legacy (The Sims 2 Legacy Challenge site)
    Tudor Hills Asylum (The Sims 3 Asylum Challenge site)
    The Swain Legacy (The Sims 4, and my current, Legacy Challenge site)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have a sim couple living in a haunted apartment and only once did the guy get tense at night because I usually send him to bed around 10 pm. I think the only thing that was haunted about were strange noises at night. I didn't really mind since I've just had them living there because of the price and space, but no, I haven't seen any ghosts there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    edited February 2017
    A ghost may appear from time to time and by then, your sim will have a moodlet from it. I think it was uncomfortable mood.

What doesn't make sense is that a ghost sim may also feel the same feeling with what sim feel when the ghost from haunted trait appears.
  • KittyHaze88KittyHaze88 Posts: 54 Member
    AmaraStorm wrote: »
    So does this actually do anything at all? I had my sim move into the apartment with it and so far nothing has happened. She's been there a full sime week and so far nothing. I'm a little disappointed. I even made her stay in the apartment for 24 sims hours just to see if that triggered anything, and nope.

it just has ghosts come into your lot... yep that's it, and the ghosts are random so they most likely nice and harmless :(
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    this lot trait works wonders on non-residential lots. residential lots, it does seem to take ages for a ghost to show up, but on non-residential, esp if you have ghosts from various deaths that you haven't deleted, you'll often get at least a handful at a time visiting. my 'vampire bar' in a graveyard has the haunted trait and many nights, there's 4-5 ghosts hanging out with all the other sims there. nice for atmosphere, not so nice for the vampires looking for snacks
    kalaksed wrote: »
    this lot trait works wonders on non-residential lots. residential lots, it does seem to take ages for a ghost to show up, but on non-residential, esp if you have ghosts from various deaths that you haven't deleted, you'll often get at least a handful at a time visiting. my 'vampire bar' in a graveyard has the haunted trait and many nights, there's 4-5 ghosts hanging out with all the other sims there. nice for atmosphere, not so nice for the vampires looking for snacks

when i get the game pack i will have to try that out myself
  • TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    It took such a long time for a ghost to finally turn up when my sim lived in a haunted appartment, and he only showed up two more times. And I'm pretty sure it was the same male ghost that lives in the Von Haunt Estate???
    Twix wrote: »
    It took such a long time for a ghost to finally turn up when my sim lived in a haunted appartment, and he only showed up two more times. And I'm pretty sure it was the same male ghost that lives in the Von Haunt Estate???

Lucky! i just get randoms, then again there was this one time were i got Dennis Kim ghost in my house, i didn't know he died but i had ageing on so...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If it isn't working are you currently using mods? If not then @SimGuruNick may need to know as this could be a bug.
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    AmaraStorm wrote: »

I have used it an ghost appeared....
    pO5uos8.jpg