Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gremlins!

I added the Gremlins lot trait to my sim's apartment, and oh boy did those things live up to their blurb! Overnight, everything in my sim's apartment broke. If this is going to happen every night, I may have to take it off ... I like a challenge and all, but she's been working on repairing things for, like, four or five hours and is maybe half done. :/

Comments

• Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Lol, the Gremlins break everything, but not earthquakes... xD
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    If your sink has already been upgraded not to break, will it still break?
  • Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    I added the Gremlins lot trait to my sim's apartment, and oh boy did those things live up to their blurb! Overnight, everything in my sim's apartment broke. If this is going to happen every night, I may have to take it off ... I like a challenge and all, but she's been working on repairing things for, like, four or five hours and is maybe half done. :/

I will really love this Gremlins lot trait :)
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    If your sink has already been upgraded not to break, will it still break?

I started a brand new game to explore the city, but I could probably run a test on that. I would assume that unbreakable objects wouldn't break, but they may be particularly tricky gremlins. (And now I'm wondering if objects listed in the catalog as unbreakable would be immune to the gremlins' wily ways.)

It didn't happen every night, but a couple nights later (before she'd even had a chance to finish fixing everything!) it happened again, and everything that had been fixed broke again.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    This would be great for a Handiness Workshop club lot... Gather... Repair TV, console, stove, coffee maker etc... Relax and enjoy the spoils... Come back next time and repeat :p.

Or maybe an electrical appliance shop... >:)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    *ticks off gremlins from usable lot traits*

I would absolutely hate that! It's the main reason my sims never, EVER go out to ghost nights any more.
  • Options
    eightthirtyeightthirty Posts: 22 Member
    The Gremlins apartment was the first I moved into with a new Sim. The first break and repair went "okay", then there was another one just a few days later. I was trying to help speed up the process along with the repairman, ended up getting electrocuted and died. I'm hoping unbreakable defeats Gremlins.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Bahahahaha... oh man... I sense a Gremlins and Cursed lot combo in my future... possibly with Filthy or Haunted added to that... haven't decided... or maybe I should go with Ley Line, as I'll need my sims to reproduce like bunnies at the rate they might be biting the dust on that lot. hahaha
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    akwilliamsakwilliams Posts: 44 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    This would be great for a Handiness Workshop club lot... Gather... Repair TV, console, stove, coffee maker etc... Relax and enjoy the spoils... Come back next time and repeat :p.

Ooh, I like the way you think!
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I suspect they can reduce the frequency of that if too many people are unhappy with it.. like alien abductions (though a lot of people would probably end up complaining like they did then).
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    I haven't had one gremlin hit my gremlin apartment sigh I am just meant to be unnoticed....
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I added the Gnomes lot trait to that Gremlin lot and haven't had anything break since.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I rented an apartment with the gremlin trait too. The second night everything broke! I didn't actually see gremlins though, are you supposed to see them?
    I added the gnome trait too! So even though everything broke, about, maybe 2 sim hours later everything was fixed! :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    LOL My ghosts do that nightly, too. I don't have CL yet, nor any traits assigned to my Legacy Challenge house, but oh, my goodness, this sounds like so much fun! Tomorrow, please get here. Waiting on payday, you see. Then CL will be mine, too. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think you actually see gremlins or gnomes. Just the things that are broken or get fixed.
  • Options
    ExaltationExaltation Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure if this is a bug or not... but EVERY single night EVERYTHING breaks! Getting really annoying, can't use the lot with this trait. :neutral:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2016
    Exaltation wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a bug or not... but EVERY single night EVERYTHING breaks! Getting really annoying, can't use the lot with this trait. :neutral:

Hello
    It would be best to also add the " gnomes" trait to the lot, and see if that helps. Or you may need to remove the gremlins trait.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It would be fun if the gnomes could have a fight with the gremlins in the middle of the night. :D
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yikes! I know what you mean. This lot trait makes game really hard and makes death by electrocution easier. My sims got shocked many times, and three times from wall speaker. What is wrong with wall speaker when it always electrocutes my sims?
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I love how these lot traits have added random drama to my game! My simself died fixing a computer! Needless to say I did not save before I exited haha.
  • Options
    FairyTailTurtleFairyTailTurtle Posts: 72 Member
    Sounds... interesting. If I had the expansion I would totally use this lot trait! XD
    tumblr_static_tumblr_static_76uiiz0z7twkw8w84ow44gscc_640.gif
    My signature's boring, but I have nothing to advertise anyway. Go ahead, move along! =3
  • Options
    ExaltationExaltation Posts: 2 New Member
    Well inevitably I had to remove that lot trait, the game become unplayable when everything broke every single night. Maybe it was just bad luck, I don't know. :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Exaltation wrote: »
    Well inevitably I had to remove that lot trait, the game become unplayable when everything broke every single night. Maybe it was just bad luck, I don't know. :D

Hello
    I hope that whichever new trait that you replaced the gremlins trait with, will go well in your game :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    thank you for letting me know i would not put that trait because for me i do not went my sims stuff to keep breaking
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(