Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I'd like to request an update to Plasticbox's Teen Careers for All Ages. I love this mod, well I DID love it. It's been broken for about two or three updates. From what I could find on MTS, they're taking a break and/or quit modding. I'm not sure how correct this is.

I wanted to know if anyone could see if they could update it or create a new mod (with credit to plasticbox), maybe. I find the careers we have don't fit every sim I create. One of my sims worked the maintenance job, but his primary income was from his garden. I've looked everywhere for a similar mod. So, a little help finding another mod like this or passing along my request would be awesome.

Yes please! I would really like this as well :smile:
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a mod out there to remove all motives (or even just the decay) from ghosts? I mean, come on. What's going to happen if a ghost doesn't eat, is it going to die again?
    I second that emotion. To me, it makes perfect sense for ghosts to lose Social and Fun motives, but not motives that involve physical bodies, which, being ghosts, they don't have anymore.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a mod out there to remove all motives (or even just the decay) from ghosts? I mean, come on. What's going to happen if a ghost doesn't eat, is it going to die again?
    I second that emotion. To me, it makes perfect sense for ghosts to lose Social and Fun motives, but not motives that involve physical bodies, which, being ghosts, they don't have anymore.

Hey guys, I was *about* to ask Deaderpool about this, but then I noticed this in his thread, a reply to a sort-of related ghost question...
    I have things already in place to limit ghosts. I have ghost cleaning in MC Cleaner and you can turn-off ghost night for bars with my mod. That's the extent of what I can do with ghosts without taking a chance of breaking something core to the game, so that is all I'm planning on doing.

So it looks like MC is not going to be the mod to offer support for this idea.

Great question/idea though (makes perfect sense!), and my main reason for commenting is to "turn this loose" in case anybody else might want to take a shot at modding for it. ;)

(Probably more "tuning" than "script" thing. I would think. Wild guess, though.)
  • solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    Not sure if this is the right place, if it is actually a mod I'm after. But I would love to get rid of those annoying lightbulbs/stars/plus signs around the sims head when they are working on a skill on a lot with traits related to the skill.

Anyone know something like that?
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    Anyone knows if there is a mod that allows a dj booth at clubs to only play regular radio music instead of that plum beat? It gives me headaches
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Are there any mods/cheats that anyone knows of that deal with the annoying 'daily task' of careers? I mean, come on, why would an adult that is not in school still have 'homework'? Even after reaching the highest level of their career? It makes no sense!
    Is there a mod that will allow to set particular outfits for all townies? I am doing a decades challenge and i would prefer to have all townies wear suitable clothes.
    edited November 2016
    Is there a mod that will allow to set particular outfits for all townies? I am doing a decades challenge and i would prefer to have all townies wear suitable clothes.

MC's Dresser. Set up and Save whatever Outfits you want townies to spawn in. Dresser has a Setting, Only Use Saved Outfits. If "suitable clothes" are all you have saved in your mc_dresser.cfg file, and you enable that setting, those outfits are what you should see them spawn in.

Dresser tip: to Whitelist, Blacklist or Save items in less time, put a group of same-gender sims together. YA covers teen, YA and adult clothing options. 8 YA females, 8 YA males. You can then age them up to Elder to fix those outfits, and I'd think 7 of them (leave one YA/A/E, I mean) you could age back down to child.

It'll take some doing, and some time, but it will work if it's something you're interested in looking into.

edited November 2016

MC's Dresser. Set up and Save whatever Outfits you want townies to spawn in. Dresser has a Setting, Only Use Saved Outfits. If "suitable clothes" are all you have saved in your mc_dresser.cfg file, and you enable that setting, those outfits are what you should see them spawn in.

Dresser tip: to Whitelist, Blacklist or Save items in less time, put a group of same-gender sims together. YA covers teen, YA and adult clothing options. 8 YA females, 8 YA males. You can then age them up to Elder to fix those outfits, and I'd think 7 of them (leave one YA/A/E, I mean) you could age back down to child.

It'll take some doing, and some time, but it will work if it's something you're interested in looking into.

@egwarhammer i was sure i saw this option in mc dresser before but recently i could not figure it out somehow. I will check it later today and ping you if i'm struggling:D

@egwarhammer i was sure i saw this option in mc dresser before but recently i could not figure it out somehow. I will check it later today and ping you if i'm struggling:D

Ok 1 question already - does it mean i have to set outfits via whitelisting and blacklisting only?

Ok 1 question already - does it mean i have to set outfits via whitelisting and blacklisting only?

NO. If you do the 8 sims thing... put EIGHT outfits together from hat to shoes. Whatever you want.

You can use Outfit Commands to SAVE the entire Outfit, and if you do a CAS blitz and load 8 sims with 6 categories with 5 slots each... you can pretty much do whatever you want, and save all of them back in live play.

It's a one by one process. The clown parts blacklist took me the better part of a day to do, and it was about 185 lines long. How long it takes depends on how many different outfits per category you want them to have for choices. Different process than black/whitelisting, but, seat time will be involved.

It'll be really cool once it's done, though. ;) Grab a snack and a drink. LOL!

NO. If you do the 8 sims thing... put EIGHT outfits together from hat to shoes. Whatever you want.

You can use Outfit Commands to SAVE the entire Outfit, and if you do a CAS blitz and load 8 sims with 6 categories with 5 slots each... you can pretty much do whatever you want, and save all of them back in live play.

It's a one by one process. The clown parts blacklist took me the better part of a day to do, and it was about 185 lines long. How long it takes depends on how many different outfits per category you want them to have for choices. Different process than black/whitelisting, but, seat time will be involved.

It'll be really cool once it's done, though. ;) Grab a snack and a drink. LOL!

Ok thanks! Do you possibly have a manual somewhere? A few days ago i went into mccc into Use only saved outfits option but it did not give me anything else than whitelisting and blacklisting. How do i save outfits to cfg file?
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    solvorsh wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, if it is actually a mod I'm after. But I would love to get rid of those annoying lightbulbs/stars/plus signs around the sims head when they are working on a skill on a lot with traits related to the skill.

Anyone know something like that?
    @solvorsh I use one from Cinderellimouse that works for base game lot traits. Hopefully she will update it with the City Living traits shortly!

https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/ts4-download-hide-lot-trait-effects-base-game/
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I need an updated version of zerbu's club mod. I am so tired of having so few sims in a club. I miss being able to have a singles club with 20 single sims in it.

I don't have city life not sure yet if I even want it, but the one thing that definitely will need for it if I do is removing and unlocking all lot traits. I decide which lot has which traits, not you devs.
  • dalmazsebokdalmazsebok Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anybody know a working alternative to the Pregnancy Mega Mod? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything that does the same/similar things as that one does, and not being able to control pregnancies drives me crazy...
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Does anybody know a working alternative to the Pregnancy Mega Mod? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything that does the same/similar things as that one does, and not being able to control pregnancies drives me crazy...
    All of these functions can be found within MC Command Center's Pregnancy Module. If you need any further assistance, please post in the help thread.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Is there a way to add the "Look for discarded toys" to the boxes of junk that came with CL?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited November 2016
    Would requesting someone to update mods that already exist? I got these two Bed Energy and Sleep All Night Both author hasn't been on for a very long time, so I don't know if they will return, else I wouldn't have minded waiting.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Samtaplet wrote: »
    I know this may be weird but it is natural female sims should get there periods and then you have to buy products on the computer.

Yeah, how about no. This is a Teen rated game, not a Mature rated game. Requests such as this usually gets deleted.

You're kidding, right? Puberty is a normal, realistic part of life. Considering most people experience it during their TEENS, I don't see how this surpasses the rating. There is nothing innapopriate about it. It's natural, normal part of life. It shouldn't be considered so "bad" or taboo.. Ugh.
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi there
    Does anyone know of a mod that will stop child ghosts from going to school? The torment the poor child must be going through having to go to school for eternity...
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2016
    What I want desperately is a mod that gives the Foodie trait a very much needed nerf. I go into more detail about what annoys me about the Foodie trait here. In summary, I hate how difficult Foodie sims are to please when it comes to drinks. Apparently having a drink that is made by a sim with level 5 mixology or less will cause them to get a "disappointing drink" moodlet, which makes absolutely NO sense because you can still mix an excellent quality drink without your mixology skill being that high. This proves especially annoying when Foodie sims get drinks autonomously and get that plum moodlet as a result. Like, stop that! It's your fault! You're disappointing yourself!

Another one I would love to have is a mod that allows you to turn off the emotional aura of certain items. Some items such as the fish wall mounts and experimental meal pictures have an emotional aura that is always there and cannot be turned off. This has always bothered me.
    What I want desperately is a mod that gives the Foodie trait a very much needed nerf. I go into more detail about what annoys me about the Foodie trait here. In summary, I hate how difficult Foodie sims are to please when it comes to drinks. Apparently having a drink that is made by a sim with level 5 mixology or less will cause them to get a "disappointing drink" moodlet, which makes absolutely NO sense because you can still mix an excellent quality drink without your mixology skill being that high. This proves especially annoying when Foodie sims get drinks autonomously and get that plum moodlet as a result. Like, stop that! It's your fault! You're disappointing yourself!

Another one I would love to have is a mod that allows you to turn off the emotional aura of certain items. Some items such as the fish wall mounts and experimental meal pictures have an emotional aura that is always there and cannot be turned off. This has always bothered me.

UI Cheats will let you right click moodlets to remove them. (Workaround till you get the mod you want. ;) )

There's an old DrChillgood mod that used to remove the moodlet by brushing teeth, but it's been broken for a long time. Bet somebody could update that, though, if they would.

And I'm going to tag @luthienrising for what I bolded, because if something's out there already that will do what you want, I bet she's the person who would know about it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

The fish one is supposed to have been fixed: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893979/july-14-patch-notes#latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2016

The fish one is supposed to have been fixed: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893979/july-14-patch-notes#latest

Thanks for the info! I haven't hung mounted fish on the wall in a while, so I didn't know those were fixed. I do know that the emotional auras on the experimental food pictures still cannot be turned off, though. I tried having them in the house for my food critic sim and they were giving off an inspiring aura. When I clicked to turn it off, there was no option to.