Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments TS3 vs TS4

I don't know if it's just me or something, but you notice that your sims are in the building at their apt. door in TS4. I like it, and it don't take ages for them to go out and come back. In TS3 they start outside and it just drags on getting in and out of the building, what do you think?

Also want to add, in ts4 I am going to avoid having my sim make salad it makes me cringe when she makes it and then picks at her ear and puts it in there and continues to toss and eat it. Ugh someone needs a Gordon Ramsey sim to show her how to make a salad without using earwax.

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    So far, it really doesn't feel like an apt building in comparison with Sims 3. About the best thing is, is the neighbors are always visible, I love that.

Lol @ FiestyKatniss, that always makes me cringe too. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't know if it's just me or something, but you notice that your sims are in the building at their apt. door in TS4. I like it, and it don't take ages for them to go out and come back. In TS3 they start outside and it just drags on getting in and out of the building, what do you think?

Also want to add, in ts4 I am going to avoid having my sim make salad it makes me cringe when she makes it and then picks at her ear and puts it in there and continues to toss and eat it. Ugh someone needs a Gordon Ramsey sim to show her how to make a salad without using earwax.
    Yummy they make fruit salad that way to LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS3 because you can move them to any world and edit them with cheats.

Oh, and Sims do not teleport into them or the elevators ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    The best apartment experience was TS2, TS3 elevator glitches are really annoying.......I haven't bought CL yet but it's a shame there are no elevator animations - not even woohoo.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You can't edit the lofts.. You don't even have neighbors. the apartments that came with university life are an absolute joke.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

You can't edit the lofts.. You don't even have neighbors. the apartments that came with university life are an absolute joke.

Apartments with UL? You mean the dorms?

I like the dorms myself and have a lot of fun when placing a keg stand, bonfire and hot tub :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Apartments with UL? You mean the dorms?

I like the dorms myself and have a lot of fun when placing a keg stand, bonfire and hot tub :smile:

The dorms are really fun in university life. I'm talking about something else. Remember when university came out, if you own university you can make an apartment. They were terrible and could only have 8 sims in total if I remember.

I think apartments blow Sims 3 out of the water, but Sims 2 blows them both.

Although you do have me missing university life, I loved my science major. I might play later.
    Sure you could place apartments in other worlds but you couldn't edit them outside, there was only 1 apartment and you couldn't even visit your neighbors. Plus the apartments looked weird in most worlds.

How is this even a competition?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I really like how they did the apartments in TS4. For my play style, they're definitely better than what I had in TS3, but they don't beat TS2's version. They would have booted TS2's apartments right off the pedestal I have them on, though, if we could have built our own.

Definitely loving the lot traits and how lively my neighbors are. I missed having real neighbors that I could visit! It cracks me up when I cook several of them roll out of their rooms and come begging for food. HAHAHA I like that we have the option to allow or disallow them to enter and dine with us. The key giving feature is BRILLIANT and I really like that. I gave one to my sim's potential boyfriend and it's really cool to see him stopping in all the time... one time he came in to use my shower... in his towel. LOL He never made it to the shower... stinky or not, that sparked an all nighter in the bedroom. rofl

The apartment atmosphere is absolutely wonderful. The team did a great job!
    I love my little apartment!!!
    CwKcpTyUEAEDunA.jpg:large
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2016
    Lol - I was going to say there was no apartments that came with Uni in Sims 3, but you beat me to it King of Simcity7. Still, thanks to Sims 3's Uni "dorms" I was able to make rooming houses that are tons of fun in Sims beside the actual "apartments" that came with "Late Night". I actually make my own apartments a lot in Sims 3 including lofts when they fit my design or download other creators apts as unlike Sims 4 we have creative freedom in Sims 3 not in Sims 4. I sort of prefer not to use the Penthouses or skyscrapers. I am not a fan of cities or city views for much else other than shopping or partying so my sims never live in a city. I leave all the Maxis sims in all the sky scrapers and shell apts so I have all the lots not in a city to my disposal.

Of course in Sims 4 there is none of that and no way to remove all those buildings so I could build my own places for my Sims or at least turn the city into a shopping Mecca where we could place all the venues and free up all our hoods just for homes and apartments. But of course only the city can have apts. Very weird and very much not like former Sims cities. Rather shocking for a sims game to have simmers creativity skewered down to next to nothing. Just so sad.

I see this not ending well, once the newness wears off.

I agree with you though - Sims 2 still did apartments the best ever!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I don't have CL yet (not til next Wednesday), but from what I've heard, Sims 4 apts sounds pretty fun. As much as I love Sims 3 (Sadly I keep neglecting it now...), the apts were terrible compared to Sims 2 apts. I can safely say that Sims 4 apts is most likely better than Sims 3 apts.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Lol - I was going to say there was no apartments that came with Uni in Sims 3, but you beat me to it King of Simcity7. Still, thanks to Sims 3's Uni "dorms" I was able to make rooming houses that are tons of fun in Sims beside the actual "apartments" that came with "Late Night". I actually make my own apartments a lot in Sims 3 including lofts when they fit my design or download other creators apts as unlike Sims 4 we have creative freedom in Sims 3 not in Sims 4. I sort of prefer not to use the Penthouses or skyscrapers. I am not a fan of cities or city views for much else other than shopping or partying so my sims never live in a city. I leave all the Maxis sims in all the sky scrapers and shell apts so I have all the lots not in a city to my disposal.

Of course in Sims 4 there is none of that and no way to remove all those buildings so I could build my own places for my Sims or at least turn the city into a shopping Mecca where we could place all the venues and free up all our hoods just for homes and apartments. But of course only the city can have apts. Very weird and very much not like former Sims cities. Rather shocking for a sims game to have simmers creativity skewered down to next to nothing. Just so sad.

I am almost positive university life came with apartments for main worlds. I remember building some. It was a terrible system though and an after though.

I still think having customizable apartments where you can visit your neighbors and interact with them beats single sim lots where you never see your neighbors. Why is it even called an apartment loft?

At least we agree sims 2 does it best. Apartment life was my favorite pack. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't think Sims 2 apartments will ever be beat - they were just like real life. That should have been the one thing in all the Sims games that remained the same through out for sure.

I was taught don't skewer with perfection - that when you have something perfect - it will never get better than that.

Definitely Sims 2 did that perfectly.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I completely agree with you. Just the fact there are no empty lots in San M. Your only option is to bulldoze. I also found it unnerving to be introduced to a loading screen just to visit the Neighbor! Not to mention the imaginary elevator.

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Couple of quick things on that.

a) Salads are Nom NOM
    b) (I forgit what b was)
    c) Salads help avoid the risk of weight gain (true story)
    d) (I forgot what d was)
    e) Salads help prevent Forrest fires. (if your Sim happens to be named Forrest)