Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @NewToTheSims I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the concert and your birthday. Both you and @jazen are doing a wonderful job on the halloween pictures and I loved seeing Davis and Cora in yesterdays.

@Everyone I have been extremely busy with work but it seems that now that I have new cashiers trained enough to work on their own I can get some free time for myself. Yesterday was my first day off in two weeks which was spent catching up on laundry, housework and simming. While I was on that schedule I was writing a Race update for the third anniversary (October 24th) which I had intended to post the update on but that never happened. I'm hoping to get that update posted this weekend.

Since I had limited time the last couple of weeks I played Sims 4 since it takes less time to load so I do have an update for Marissa. She is on level 3 of the Athletics career and she has lost some weight and is looking better.
    4zOMGf.jpg
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member

Hello everyone! Halloween is over, and I had a ton of fun this year because I made it! I finished the photo challenge with flying colors! Here are the last ten prompts for anyone who wants to check them out.

Day 21 - Wicked Garden
    Day 22 - Urban Legend/Freaky Folklore
    Day 23 - Witch/Wizard Convention
    Day 24 - Masquerade
    Day 25 - Scary/Spooky Movie
    Day 26 - Gothic Fashion
    Day 27 - Zombie Wedding
    Day 28 - Magic
    Day 29 - Spooky TV
    Day 30 - Decades
    Day 31 - Halloween Party

Now is the time when I should probably get back to my stories. LOL. I have reached 100 followers on Tumblr, so I'm releasing a gift for that, which I've been working on the past few days. I made some poses for the next chapter of Echoes because I wasnt really satisfied with the pictures I had in there, but otherwise, that is almost ready to go. I also have a few ideas for some new stuff that'll be on Tumblr only so my creative juices are really on a high as of now. That is good because maybe I can kick seasonal depression's butt this year. LOL. We'll see, but I plan to be around again rather than being totally uninspired. XD

@Piazzagirl1015 I finally got around to replying to all of your comments. Thanks for leaving them! I always appreciate when my readers tell me what's going through their minds. <3 Your Sim Marissa is looking good!

LateKnightSimmer
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited November 2016
    Did anyone get City Living? I would love to see pics and hear your review. I actually really want this EP...mostly for the run down appts. I love the step-above-homeless look ;-)

Nm hubby bought me a copy and didn't tell me, what a surprise!
    Post edited by Vuneca on
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hello everyone. Man it's been quiet around here. :( Hope you're all doing well.

@Piazzagirl1015 and @NewToTheSims I've responded to the comments you left on my last chapter. Sorry for the delay.

@Piazzagirl1015 Marissa is looking good. She and Anahi will be gym buffs together in no time. :)

@Vuneca woot yay for getting it as a surprise! Can't wait to see your game play pics when you have a chance to come back and post. Let us know what you think of it.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

So I'm already pretty bored with City Living..well sims 4 in general. It just doesn't have depth. I love the traits you can add to homes and apts, I change mine up frequently just to see. The views out of the windows are really amazing and I am enjoying the new cloths and decor.

The festivals are fun the first 1 or 2 times you go, then it's just same old, same old after that. I hate the give key thing, they just showup when every, you cant travel while they're there and they leave water glasses ALL OVER the place. I think from now on the only time I'd give a key out is when my sim has a SO they're not living with. There are glitches like the prop manager not leaving, the repairman not repairing everything that's broken, and if you're power thing blows you have to restart the game to turn the power back on after it's fixed. My sim can no longer order medicine or upgrade parts but I'm not sure if that's the new game or a glitch in my save.

I wanted to spice things up a bit and I was wondering if one of you could make me a sim, or recommend one you already have. I tend to make the same basic sim every time and I am desperate for the game to feel like something new. I want to take that sim and start at the cheapest, dirtiest apt and work up to the nicest using the new careers and aspiration.

I'll post lots of pics for those of you that don't have it yet...

(I am an emotional wreck this week and need a distraction from real life)
    Oh wow @Vuneca thanks for the review of City Living. It sounds like more glitches than anything. Not worth the $40 price tag for sure.

I'll load up game and go make you a sim. :) I'm not that great at making them in S4, but I'll give it a whirl.

@jazen THANKS!! there are 2 new traits: vegetarian and unflirty, along with the new Locations aspiration, would you be ok with me editing your sim to include 1 or both of the new traits?

@Vuneca you can edit them to change the traits no problem. I'll make the sim when I get back. The girl came home for the day and we're taking her to dinner before she goes back.

edited November 2016
    @Vuneca you are very welcome. She's all ready for you. My Origin ID is SimmerJazen

My idea is that she's a struggling musician just moved to the big city hoping to make it big. That was the thought behind her look but feel free to have her do whatever you want. :) Enjoy.

Samara Kohler
    30668094530_cb1baede5d_c.jpg

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Hey girls and guy,

I''m still alive. I recently got City Living and moved Chandell and Topanga there. They're happily married and have a biological daughter (Chandell is involved, so the fact that she's biological is not really a surprise, lol), Sunnidai. 'Dai has quite a lot of Topanga, but has Chandell's tone of skin and some facial feautures. She's adorable, really. For now, just because of that, I'm playing with againg off because I don't want 'Dai to grow up!

A new attempt at the challenge will have to wait for '17. The upcoming season is hectic for everybody and I don't want to start something I yet again can't finish for any reason. It will give me the time to build some setpieces for the story though. The mansion that I build (the hide-out for Nephalim Vuneca in Moonlight Falls) will be in it too, as I'll go over the established history of the Nephalim universe that I've build.

11-14-16_5-33-12nbspPM%20Custom_zps72ai1jn0.png
    Chandell and Topanga discussing the awesome future of 'Dai. =)

11-14-16_5-41-41nbspPM%20Custom_zps8z9ispxu.png
    Sunnidai 'Dai' Masters. Topanga mixed with Chandell resulted in a stunning, adorable girl!
    Sunnidai is gorgeous! with a spark of mischief to her
    @jazen I love her look! I just spent some time adding outfit options from City Living. I changed the Foodie trait to Vegetarian and her LTW is City Native. Which is all about going to festivals, giving keys, and attaining one of the luxury apts . I know sims can play music for tips and I have not done that yet but I may eventually move her into either the new social media career or politics. I'll let her decide.
    [img][/img]
    11-14-16_2-53-35nbspPM_zps82ww6djk.png

[img][/img]11-14-16_2-53-40nbspPM_zps8rtmrmbu.png
    [img][/img]11-14-16_2-54-18nbspPM_zpsshdi3lmx.png

well..poor Samara moved into 17 Culpepper House and didn't last long, no thanks to those Gremlins. On her first night in her new apt Everything broke. She died by electrocution fixing the refrigerator. Oops

Since I only had her for less than 24 sim hours, I am going to reload her into a fresh world...(I added her into a for fun save but it was getting glitchy so good excuse to start fresh)..she'll be in a dif apt (cheapest There is) and trying to make her living by singing and playing music for tips!
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Sunnidai is gorgeous! with a spark of mischief to her

Yeah, it's exactly the face that Chandell can make and it's awesome to see that charactaristic back in 'Dai, who takes feauture-wise after Topanga.
    hahaha @Vuneca all that hard work on making her and you kill her first day. I'm glad she's getting a do-over. LOL. Hope she can spice up your game play. :) Looking forward to seeing the updates on her.

@LittleMinxUndr howdy! Always good to see you pop in. :) Dai is a cutie. I'm sure she's going to be stunning when you do let her age up.

edited November 2016

I started a brand new, vanilla world for Samara and moved her into the cheapest apt there is. 1313 21 Chic St in the Fashion District. Which surprised me since the apts in the spice Dis. aren't as nice as all the other ones in Fashion. It's trait is Needs TLC which means things break easily, like the exposed plumbing and the circuit breaker. I added Great Accoustics and Convival to help with her music and singing skills.
    11-14-16_5-17-40PM_zpsmtuqznxn.png

not to mention mice and roaches...
    11-14-16_6-28-22PM_zpscbnpryes.png
    11-14-16_6-12-11PM_zps6wpmtha4.png

But Mario...er...I mean the landlord is willing to put out traps and spray
    11-14-16_6-12-49PM_zpsbj9dxxlf.png

But it has a great view!
    11-14-16_5-18-12PM_zpsil62r4qu.png
    11-14-16_5-23-28PM_zpsrrtav8ab.png

The new neighbors brought fruit cake, which she hates.
    11-14-16_5-20-15PM_zps45kxfzjv.png
    11-14-16_5-21-08PM_zpsqvwn2m6n.png

The neighbors have a love/hate relationship that keeps her up late at night
    11-14-16_5-32-11PM_zpst8vkuamn.png
    11-14-16_5-27-55PM_zps87oz9mwp.png
    So she explores her neighborhood and collects snow globes....I'm not sure you should dig around in random boxes left out in the open like that girl
    ]11-14-16_5-29-11PM_zpsjktcvlxy.png

She only has 1000 simoleons to her name and rent is coming up quick, hopefully she'll level up her guitar and singing fast and can start earning tips..If that fails she may have to get an actual j.o.b.

Samara! It's a me, Mario!
    Cue Samara wishing that she was in another castle.
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member

Hi everyone! The forum has been rolling again! It was quiet for a few days, weeks even... LOL. I've had an Echoes of Eternity chapter written for a while, but I only had half the pictures. Then I made poses for the other half and last night I finally took the rest of the pictures, redid some, and edited this morning. I'm happy to say it's finally published! Haha, I waited two months to do it, I don't know why I do these things. XD Anyway, here's the chapter.

Echoes of Eternity Armand Twelve: Escape

@jazen Hello! I just now saw the music meme thing you tagged me in on Tumblr, LOL. Something to do later now that my chapter's published.
    @Vuneca Interesting that you can give traits to the apartment LOL, like it's a living thing. Pahaha, Mario being the landlord, that's too funny. I haven't played my TS4 in a while, I'll probably get back to it some time, I like the medical profession I currently have my sim in.
    @LittleMinxUndr Hello!
    @Piazzagirl1015 Hi hope you're doing well.

LateKnightSimmer
    @Vuneca LOL I love her face with the fruitcake. None of my sims have liked it either. Question, the hearts coming from the door is that the neighbors woo-hooing too loud? OMG the mice and they even have holes in the walls for them to scurry off into. That is nuts. Hope Mario the landlord gets rid of the pests! Can't wait to see how she keeps doing.

@NewToTheSims yay an update. Will try and read it tonight after the kids are off to bed.

Samara! It's a me, Mario!
    Cue Samara wishing that she was in another castle.

Bahahahaha!

@NewToTheSims hello!

@jazen yes...they woohoo too loud, fight with each other, and blast music. Ironically, if they're keeping her up with their noise I'll have her play her guitar and they come over and yell at her to keep it down 0.o
    LOL @Vuneca wow, that's crazy the woo-hooing thing. And then the nerve of them to get mad at her for being loud. hahaha

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    Hi everyone!! :D *waves*

I'm so sorry I haven't popped in more often :/ NaNo is keeping me even busier than expected :P I just wanted to say hi quickly so you guys know I haven't forgotten you :) I really miss Luca and Gary and am dying to get back to their stories.

I hope everyone's all right :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    So after months of nothing, I finally updated my Iron Sim Challenge

08-29-16_1-13-12%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 9

@MischiefTheKitten good to see you pop in. Good luck with NaNo. One year I'll have to give it a try.

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @jazen I've got so many stories to catch up on -.- I've had yours open for weeks and haven't gotten around to it :/

Thank you. It's going well so far, I'm positive that I can make it ^-^

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top