Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game runs REALLY REALLY slow, please help

ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
edited November 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hi Guys

I took a little break playing Sims for a week or two maybe, which means I didn't use the computer I play sims on. When I turned on my computer yesterday, it had a bunch of new updates including Origin. So when I tried to play Sims 4 it was really laggy and REALLY slow.

For the record I know absolutely nothing about computer files and GB and stuff like that, so I dont know how good my computer is or anything. If you have to know to help me, maybe you can tell me how to find out.

It would mean the world, since I really wanna play City Living tomorrow <3<3
My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are having the same issues that you also are having.
    There are some things to do that can help with the issues.

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps the issue.

If you were previously playing the game in 64 bit mode, try checking to see if the game has reset your settings after the patch back to 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode.
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Then there are options to either change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”
    Try changing it back to 64 bit mode if it has been reset to 32 bit mode.

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues. Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain.
    You will then though not have any of your sims or builds in your library,
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/10/lags-and-freezes-patch-1-24-102/

• Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm having the same issues & ive tried everything you suggested @rosemow but lag is awful and I've not even left CAS yet, if it's this bad in CAS I dare not think how it's like playing it

Edit to add: I last played on 28th October & it was fine then
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    I've done all of the things you said now, and unfortunately I'm still having the same problem. But thanks <3
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
    edited November 2016
    Hello @Vicks06 and @ibenengberg

Some other things to do that may help are :

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the lagginess issues are still there.

If you are playing on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, do what is in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    edited November 2016
    I'm now missing the new game + symbol at the top of the menu page after doing all of the above
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    I'm now missing the new game + symbol at the top of the menu page after doing all of the above

Hello
    Have you copied back your old saves folder from the sims 4 folder that is on the desktop, into the new sims 4 folder? The old saves folder replaces the new saves folder.
    @rosemov I have done all of the things above, and my game is unbelievably slow

Hello
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

If you can please post your computer specs I can get a better idea of what is going on. Windows key + R Key. in the run box in your bottom right hand corner type DxDiag. Hit ok, let it load and save a copy of the text file to desktop. Open the text file at desktop and copy and past the DxDiag in several sections in several posts. The report is very long and will not fit in one post. You can also upload the DxDiag to pastebin http://pastebin.com/ and post a link here if that is easier for you. Thank you
    http://pastebin.com/BamKutsA

I hope that is it :smiley:
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Have you copied back your old saves folder from the sims 4 folder that is on the desktop, into the new sims 4 folder? The old saves folder replaces the new saves folder.

That's fixed it but the lag still remains
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

That's fixed it but the lag still remains

Could you please also post your diaxdiag infornation too? You can either post it in multiple posts here on this thread , or upload it to http://pastebin.com/ and post the link to it here.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2016

You do not have a graphics card in your pc. You will continue to have problems as your pc does not meet the minimum requirements to play.. sorry :'(
    Your resolution is 1080p which is too high for your pc to handle.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Hoping this is the link you need

http://pastebin.com/m10SdAEE
    @chesterbigbird then how come it has worked perfectly fine until now?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited November 2016

My best guess is that you just got really lucky and now you might have kinda ruined your computer. The latest patch has caused a lot of lag issues and if even playing offline doesn't help, then I don't know. Maybe try lowering your graphics. Also, check if a totally new game is running fine. Maybe your current save is getting too big or is corrupted, so if I were you, I would a) start a new game and test. If that doesn't work, b) Back up my saves and tray folders and reinstall the whole game and start a new game to test. If that is still lagging then I'm afraid it's just your PC.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    If that is the case, then what PC should I buy to prevent this from happening?
    edited November 2016

There is a problem with AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 43'

You need to update and fix your drivers for windows 10. Driver updates link however they don't list drivers for windows 10 so you may have to contact asus directly https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/390/0/3/p9DZ2tclCC4hU1QC/41/

Your laptop is under requirements to run the game. Your processor is weak and your video card was supposed to run this game at lower settings in the beginning of the game. The more the game adds , the more demanding the game becomes. Even just a patch can do your computer in. There is no way to upgrade a laptop's processor or video card.

You have your laptop set at 1080p resolution and your laptop can't handle gaming in that high resolution. I would lower your resolution in game. Play in laptop mode , play in windowed mode if you have to. Lower your game settings. Play the 32 bit version of the game. Play off line, disable origin in game. Your going to have to play with all these different settings to see which will work best on helping with lag.

Really you need a computer that meets the recommended requirements to survive this game as it adds more and more. Do you have another computer to play on? If not I would suggest thinking about investing in a computer that meets the recommended requirements to continue playing this game. This game does require a med level gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop
    Hoping this is the link you need

http://pastebin.com/m10SdAEE

Your showing no video card. You may need to contact MSI. Your laptop has an AMD card it needs to be updated for windows 10 . They are only showing drivers for windows 8. https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GX60-3CC-Destroyer.html#down-driver

I would contact MSI before trying to download directly from AMD. Direct drivers are for desktop and laptop manufactures issue their own drivers for laptop. If they tell you it's ok to download direct than that would be ok
    If that is the case, then what PC should I buy to prevent this from happening?

If your interested in buying a new computer, we can help you find one. Would need to know your budget and country. If in the USA laptops run average $1000 depending on sales. Desktops $700-800 and up. If this is out of your budget I would suggest saving and try everything I suggested to make due for now with your current laptop
    I've had windows 10 since July 2015, I've played sims 4 since September 2014 and until today I've had no issues at all, very weird and sims is all I use that computer for as I purchased it new specifically for it in 2014 as my previous windows laptop was no longer any good but I hadn't replaced it up to that point as I have a Mac for everyday use (and sims 4 did not play on Mac back then)
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

The game gets more demanding as more content gets added.. you will find alot of people posting after a expansion or major patch that they can no longer play properly.
    I do see a few weird issues within your dxdiag though.. the graphics section is not normal and you do have a few windows issues going on.
    I cant read it in detail as I'm on my phone but can look at it tomorrow.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited November 2016
    I've had windows 10 since July 2015, I've played sims 4 since September 2014 and until today I've had no issues at all, very weird and sims is all I use that computer for as I purchased it new specifically for it in 2014 as my previous windows laptop was no longer any good but I hadn't replaced it up to that point as I have a Mac for everyday use (and sims 4 did not play on Mac back then)

I have no idea if the game is wiping out drivers? @chesterbigbird your input . You might want to PM simgurunick with your DxDiag. Tell him you could play before this update. You see your video driver is not showing

@crinrict are you seeing drivers getting wiped out from this update at all?

Display Devices
    Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Driver
    Manufacturer:
    Chip type:
    DAC type:
    Device Type: Display-Only Device
    Device Key: Enum\ROOT\BASICDISPLAY
    Display Memory: 3682 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 3682 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (64Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD0259
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
    Output Type: Other
    Driver Name:
    Driver File Version: ()
    Driver Version:
    DDI Version: 11.2
    Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: , 0 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B71AF4-43CC-11CF-FD61-5A09AFC2C735}
    Vendor ID: 0x1414
    Device ID: 0x008C
    SubSys ID: 0x00000000
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: basicdisplay.inf:1080904755d1bda1:MSBDD_Fallback:10.0.10586.0:ROOT\BasicDisplay
    Rank Of Driver: 00FB0000
    Video Accel:
    DXVA2 Modes:
    Deinterlace Caps: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    @phoebebebe13: I've just run a dxdiag on my laptop and it's fine. It could still detect my Intel and Nvidia card.

@Vicks06: If you could google your computer's model and post the link to that model here, that will be great just so we can check what graphics driver it has.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif