Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hi all! Just to apologise for the late start to the new challenge, but it is up now, which means that challenge #182 is now closed!! Good luck to all who entered.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse

You aren’t quite sure what to make of the group standing in the lobby of your office. It’s only four young women, but they somehow seem more…intense than you would expect. Even Rose's little dog had retreated to its bed, silently.

One of the young ladies is clad entirely in black, pants, vest top and all. Her short raven hair has a single streak of vivid purple, the same color as her eyes. Like the others, she has some solid muscle showing in her arms. She’s tall, nearly six feet you would guess. She introduces herself as “Roxanne Planes, also known as Gunk.” Seeing your confusion she explains that its short for gothic punk.

On her left, one of her friends stands with military straightness. She has dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail and rich green eyes. She’s a perfect example of the beautiful girl next door looks. Clad casually in blue jeans and a t shirt under a leather jacket, she still looks ready for duty. Gunk introduces her as Carrie Logan.

Journye is the third of the group, standing near a window. Somehow she reminds you of a wolf, with a lean narrow face and a stronger build. Surprisingly, she has royal blue hair and green eyes. Something about her and the way that she studies you makes you think that she’s been in more than her fair share of fights. She too wears a t-shirt that does nothing to hide her muscled arms and a pair of loose jeans.

Gunk gestures to the last of her friends, Sarah, as if deliberately reminding you of her presence. And indeed she had slipped your mind, even though you had looked at her just minutes ago. Clad in all white, she wears a bodice style top, white pants and a white overcoat. Even her boots are white. Her black and white streaked hair is cut into a shaggy style that compliments her feline features. Something about her yellow eyes is very predatory and unnerving.

Instead of inviting them back to your office, four of you settle into chairs in the lobby. Sarah opts to stand near Gunk. Clearly the leader of her little group, Gunk says, “We’ve heard you’re the best architect in town.”

“Well, I try.” You say modestly.

She smiles, friendly and disarming. “Well, we need a house. Several houses actually.”

“Several?”

“Yeah, one for each of us. Eventually. For now we need a place for the four of us while we get established. We are a band called The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse and got a solid signing bonus for our first album. We want to get established before we go for separate houses.”

“Makes sense,” you say, not entirely believing her claim of a band. Not with the constant scanning of the room and general alertness they are displaying. “What would you like?

“This first house is going to be mine,” says Gunk. “I like space and privacy. Since we dont know how long its going to take to get established, we will need rooms for all four of us. Preferably with our own bathrooms. It could get ugly if we have to share one or two bathrooms. We need someplace to practice our music. I sing and play guitar, sarah plays drums, Journye’s on keyboard and Carrie plays bass. We are all big on fitness and sparring, so we need a place to work out. And a garage. Sarah babies her car.”

“All very doable. Whats my budget?”

“About 60k.” Gunk tells you. “And if you could decorate their bedrooms in their favorite colors, I suppose I could put up with that. My favorite color is purple.”

Carrie makes a rude gesture at Gunk then says, “My favorite is brown. Journye’s is blue and Sarah’s, surprise surprise, is white.”

“Not a problem. Anything else?”

“How soon?” Asks Gunk with another friendly smile..

Brief:

4 bed 4 bath, decorated in the girls favorite colors
    Gym
    Studio
    Garage
    Privacy and landscaping
    40×30 or larger
    60k budget

Sim Challenge:

Make the girls:
    Gunk is artistic, brave, and charismatic
    Carrie is brave, daredevil and friendly
    Journye is athletic, frugal and loves the outdoors
    Sarah is an artistic, loner, genius

Deadline: Wednesday, November 31st, 2016, Midnight CST
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi everyone! Can't wait to get started with BNS again! I've been on a hiatus due to pregnancy, tried to compete in the castle challenge but went into labor on the 16th of August half way through the challenge and was unable to finish. Leaving my job to be a stay at home mom so I'll have more time to participate! Get that new challenge up so I can get started!!

Congrats @linzlulubell
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Any style for the new challenge?
    aricarai wrote: »
    Any style for the new challenge?

Use whatever style you think best fits the client and the budget. :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

You always come up with such neat storylines @BuildnShare . I'm hoping to find some time to again join in these challenges in the near future. Boy, would I just love to create those 4 sisters. Hoping you get lots of entries and looking forward to see what folks create :smiley:
  • hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    Finished the walls and everything for this new challenge to realize that I had about 12,000 simoleons left for all the furnishing :D Haha oops...
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    Finished the walls and everything for this new challenge to realize that I had about 12,000 simoleons left for all the furnishing :D Haha oops...

I'm having the same issue. I've down sized as much as possible. The music and gym equipment are expensive, once you factor in all the other furniture 4 people might need....ugh the budget is killing me on this one!!!

I'm having the same issue. I've down sized as much as possible. The music and gym equipment are expensive, once you factor in all the other furniture 4 people might need....ugh the budget is killing me on this one!!!

I'm having the same issue - I've just bulldozed because I was at §48,000 with just walls!!!
    Bulldozed again!! :s
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm glad too see I was in good company with this one, I made 3 shells over the weekend and each of them were too much of a portion of the budget. Even with depreciating the shell I don't see any way to decorate. I guess I'll give it another go next weekend, it's such an interesting challenge but I have the worst time with small budgets.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I'm glad too see I was in good company with this one, I made 3 shells over the weekend and each of them were too much of a portion of the budget. Even with depreciating the shell I don't see any way to decorate. I guess I'll give it another go next weekend, it's such an interesting challenge but I have the worst time with small budgets.

I was ready to throw my laptop out the window last night. I think I was trying to do too much with the build.

I'll see if I have the energy to boot up my computer tonight...if not, it will be the weekend!
    edited November 2016
    @BuildnShare - Gunk says about 60k...does that mean we can go over? :);)

Yeah, nice try........
    GArBA5W.jpg

Yeah, nice try........

One can try ;)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    This is a tough one!! I too am having budget problems. I think the bedrooms are going to be pretty small! :|
    Kgaff wrote: »
    This is a tough one!! I too am having budget problems. I think the bedrooms are going to be pretty small! :|

What rock star wants a house with small bedrooms?? What rock star wants to sleep in a single bed?? Music instruments run you bout 5k and are pretty much mandatory, then you have the huge yard to landscape, 2k min. for gym equipment, 600 min. garage door, and 3-4K in beds.

What rock star wants a house with small bedrooms?? What rock star wants to sleep in a single bed?? Music instruments run you bout 5k and are pretty much mandatory, then you have the huge yard to landscape, 2k min. for gym equipment, 600 min. garage door, and 3-4K in beds.

This is definitely challenging!
    edited November 2016

Yeah, then there are FOUR baths to furnish, a kitchen and basic living areas. Oh where do I find the money for those?????? And it takes a ton of walls to make all those bedrooms. Not to mention all the lighting I forgot to put in! AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Anyways, I'm starting over again :)
    Can't we deduct the cost for the music equipment since they most likely already owned it? :#

Yeah, then there are FOUR baths to furnish, a kitchen and basic living areas. Oh where do I find the money for those?????? And it takes a ton of walls to make all those bedrooms. Not to mention all the lighting I forgot to put in! AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Anyways, I'm starting over again :)

Use debug lighting, then use the lights you put out for decor.
    YAY!! I finally came up with a shell for around 30k!! Now to fill it in :)
    I'll be trying again this weekend. I need to think on a smaller scale!
    edited November 2016
    I think mine is still too big! I have all the essential parts but it has no charm or character and zero landscaping. I do have an idea of what I need to do but I think I will bulldoze yet again. :s

Ya know what kills my build? The garage! It is so out of out of scale compared to the rest of the house.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2016
    Do we have to include Sara's car or just a space for it?
    Post edited by Jessabeans on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top