Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, I Finally Give Up On This Game.

Comments

• Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Simsister2004 hopfully you managed to forget what was said and enjoy some simming. :)

I agree with all you've said OP. But I haven't yet reached the point of giving up, much to my surprise! TS4 does lack depth, I think alot of people have recognised that. But there are still enough of us that come back for more! I to though would like to know why it's so draining to play.

That whole feeling drained is so weird. I never feel like that when playing other iterations. smh I can get really tense actually when I play TS4, lol how ironic when you think about it!

Showing my age everyone, but - What does SMH stand for?? I see it everywhere! And I've missed the boat on it obviously! :) haha!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Oh, it just means 'shaking my head'. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

Thanks! Haha, what a noob I am! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

Not at all, I shouldn't be so lazy and actually type things out! Did you come to any conclusions about the whole feeling drained thing? Weird right?

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

Not at all, I shouldn't be so lazy and actually type things out! Did you come to any conclusions about the whole feeling drained thing? Weird right?

Nope! Just like the OP, can't put my finger on it.

Then again, I feel like the lack of story progression and depth to the game feels a little draining. The hours of playing you put into it, to build skills, reach the top of every career, complete all the aspirations and tasks and then it all amounts to what? I don't think I'm explaining myself very well!!!

I totally get your side - the way you feel tense playing the game. I feel that to!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    I get what you mean. I've been trying to explain this 'thing' to my significant other for some time now. It's almost as if I have to work too hard to create different stories in my head as I play as each sim I play basically does more or less the same thing. I can directly compare this to TS3 most easily as I still play that a lot. In TS3 the differences just naturally occur and so each sim feels unique and quite different, somehow I find that relaxing and enjoyable.

I get tense from fighting against the AI in TS4. I play with free will on in all my games but in TS4 it is often a struggle to get my sim to actually do what I've directed him to do. We can even 'fight' about what radio channel will be on!! Crazy but true! My sim will constantly switch it out to one I don't want to listen to!

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I get it, I totally feel the same way
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I think the game gave up on me. I was too demanding in wanting it to be fun and immersive like ts3 and ts2.

Least you've identified where you went wrong. ;)

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote:

With EA we're lucky if we can get the role of R2D2.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I think the game gave up on me. I was too demanding in wanting it to be fun and immersive like ts3 and ts2.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people go wrong like that.

I went wrong not only with the above, but also in expecting TS4 to at least have the basic features of the base games of TS2 or 3.
    raw
  • Options
    @Evil_One lol so true. But we might get the costume if we send enough love tweets. o:)

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    At this point I feel the title "King of All teh Trolls" should go to EA/Maxis for giving us this game. They trolled us so hard. I'm still waiting for them to say "Psych, this was all a joke!"
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Guys, can we please all respect each other. I want to be able to reserve this thread for civil discussion. Don't start getting insulting.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    At this point I feel the title "King of All teh Trolls" should go to EA/Maxis for giving us this game. They trolled us so hard. I'm still waiting for them to say "Psych, this was all a joke!"

Please, you'll be waiting longer than it takes to wait for Brexit.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Please, you'll be waiting longer than it takes to wait for Brexit.

:D (we need that LOL button back!) Yeah, I think there's a better chance of that being repealed before this joke is over.

But in all seriousness, for me the main reason why the game is so draining on me is because it lacks the main fundamentals that make the Sims the Sims. The life simulation aspect and the sandbox. With those gone, this "version" is just a pay to play game that you download from the app store.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    for the peoples which are looking for something new looks like finally your hopes are come to true and we gonna get a "real competition for ea and maxis lazy and greedyness

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903507/possible-future-competitor-for-the-sims-serie#latest
    let's see what gonna happen and how EA and maxis will handle it.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    for the peoples which are looking for something new looks like finally your hopes are come to true and we gonna get a "real competition for ea and maxis lazy and greedyness

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903507/possible-future-competitor-for-the-sims-serie#latest
    let's see what gonna happen and how EA and maxis will handle it.

I’d like to try that or some other alternative to The Sims if/when it comes out, as long as it’ll be a single player game, not a MMO.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I get what you mean. I've been trying to explain this 'thing' to my significant other for some time now. It's almost as if I have to work too hard to create different stories in my head as I play as each sim I play basically does more or less the same thing. I can directly compare this to TS3 most easily as I still play that a lot. In TS3 the differences just naturally occur and so each sim feels unique and quite different, somehow I find that relaxing and enjoyable.

I get tense from fighting against the AI in TS4. I play with free will on in all my games but in TS4 it is often a struggle to get my sim to actually do what I've directed him to do. We can even 'fight' about what radio channel will be on!! Crazy but true! My sim will constantly switch it out to one I don't want to listen to!

A bubble bath will take care of that moodlet for you pretty quick. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I definitely know what you mean. The game doesn't really put much control in the player's hands. As it stands, we are severely limited in defining and cultivating the personality of our Sims with the recycled trait system of TS3.

My main issue isn't so much that it plays less like a sandbox, and more like an actual game, but that the game it's striving to be just isn't fun. Telling me to go to a specific spot and click an interaction 5 times does nothing for me. At the core, it's shallow and boring.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited November 2016
    I am kind of in the same boat oddly enough. I say this because I really loved the Sims 4 when it first came out. I played it every day until this last culling thing happened. I discovered rotational play and was having a blast. Then, the culling happened.

I do use MC Command Center because I wanted Story Progression so I felt that was a choice. After the relationship culling, I felt that the mod was a must for me to enjoy the game. I was mad at EA and this stupid game engine that limits game play. Game play already wasn't very deep in my opinion but I could deal with it. Then we were told they HAD to do this culling for performance issues. Then, one of my favorite Sims was bugged. I have tried reset a bunch of times to no avail. After that I just lost interest.

I have looked at my log and have been firing up the Sims 4 about once every couple of months. I play for about 30 minutes and get off. I hate that I have lost interest but there it is.

I don't even want to load it up no more. It seems to me like with each new thing added, it adds nothing really new. More clothes, more recipes, more furniture ..but really nothing new game play wise that adds real depth.

It is just so weird because I loved the game all the way up until the relationship culling happened. Rotating back and finding out that my family didn't know each other just killed it for me. Of course, I was able to fix it with my mod ..but that didn't appease me. I was mad.

Maybe some day I will find my way back but for now sadly...I think I am done. Going back to Skryim.

Edited to add: There are more reasons why I have fallen out of love with this game but I just can't put my finger on it. It is just not there for me anymore like it was. I don't hate the game and am actually sad to feel this way. I just know when it all started to change as I said above.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

Yep, and this is yet another problem I have with the game lately too.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

I loaded up the game a couple of days ago, after that huge update. I wanted to see if anything had changed...should know better by now.

Yeah I attempted some game play for about 30 min. I just couldn't play.... between the boredom of the game and the frustration of not being able to get your sim to do anything without them stopping to get something out of the fridge, or do push-ups, or turn the radio on... I just can't do this game.

the building limitations was truly enough for me.... I only stuck it out these two years cause I thought maybe this next EP would finally address that issue. As soon as I heard that you can't build apartments...that was it. I've tried to like this game. But EA has just turned it into a useless P O S. I wish it was just done already.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2016
    thevogel wrote: »

I loaded up the game a couple of days ago, after that huge update. I wanted to see if anything had changed...should know better by now.

Yeah I attempted some game play for about 30 min. I just couldn't play.... between the boredom of the game and the frustration of not being able to get your sim to do anything without them stopping to get something out of the fridge, or do push-ups, or turn the radio on... I just can't do this game.

the building limitations was truly enough for me.... I only stuck it out these two years cause I thought maybe this next EP would finally address that issue. As soon as I heard that you can't build apartments...that was it. I've tried to like this game. But EA has just turned it into a useless P O S. I wish it was just done already.

ah. My fav expression (the bolder part). *drinks to that*

So true. So true.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I think what turned me very sour on Sims 4 is all of the loading screens. when I have more than one sim, I never leave the home lot because I can't control sims in both locations without loading screens. I can't send one to the library and one to the gym, even when they're next store, because of loading screens. It sucks all the joy out of the game. That and no T-word.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    As a long time Simmer, I too wondered what it was about TS4 that made the game more of a "time killer" than a Sims game. And then. (I knew i should have bookmarked that thread) I read a comment about how all the Sims are the same.

The same? I thought? How? And then I read it. Their emotions override who they are as Sims. (Ohhh) That makes sense. Lazy people doing push-ups, married and soul mates flirting with anyone and everyone, slobs washing their dishes/hands ... just no! In the beginning, the Sims was supposed to be an architectural game. The Sims were supposed to come in and judge the build of the house... and then the dev team found that the lives of the Sims were much more fun. Their personalities, their likes, dislikes, their reactions, quirks, actions... What happened to that? Why have we gone away from that? It really makes me sad, because I was so excited for this game. I posted screen shots, updates, countdowns... on social media and to friends and family before it was released. I was SO excited. And then the game came out. There is so much missing. So much more that gets taken away weekly, daily, monthly...

I find now that the only time I play it, is when I cannot devote 2-6 hours to gaming... (if I have that much time I play TS3) if I don't, I sometimes play something online or TS2... rarely TS4.. unless there was another update and I'm behind -.-

But. I think the reason I don't enjoy TS4 (minus all the missing items) is The Sims themselves no longer immerse me in their lives. I no longer get attached to their life stories. They no longer have their own unique things about them. They all do the same things. They all act the same way... and that is boring. We need a complete overhaul completely of Emotions and Traits... Emotions should not override a trait. Ever.

As for the "the culling" I don't play my game enough to notice it.. but from what I have read about it, it makes rotational game play impossible. Which further makes the game more dull and boring. -sigh-