Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help running Sims Delude Edition

It says "please log in with administrative access and try again". I right clicked properties and it doesnt even let me check off the 'run as administrator' box. Help me

Comments

• LauratheexplorerLauratheexplorer Posts: 3 New Member
    It says "please log in with administrative access and try again". I right clicked properties and it doesnt even let me check off the 'run as administrator' box. Help me

P.s i have windows 10
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Lauratheexplorer The Sims does not work on Windows 10 because the game uses SafeDisc. If you have Windows 10 or computer with Windows Vista-8.1 that has the MS15-097/kb3086255 update installed, the game will not run period. Games that use SafeDisc include The Sims, SimCity 4, and Syberia.

Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    @Lauratheexplorer The Sims does not work on Windows 10 because the game uses SafeDisc. If you have Windows 10 or computer with Windows Vista-8.1 that has the update installed, the game will not run period. Games that use SafeDisc include The Sims, SimCity 4, and Syberia.

My runs just fine on my windows 10
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    @Lauratheexplorer The Sims does not work on Windows 10 because the game uses SafeDisc. If you have Windows 10 or computer with Windows Vista-8.1 that has the update installed, the game will not run period. Games that use SafeDisc include The Sims, SimCity 4, and Syberia.

@SimChickee Did you use a modified Sims.exe to bypass SafeDisc? The Sims (as well as SimCity 4) will not work on Windows 10 (or Windows Vista-8.1 with MS15-097/KB3086255 update) since the game uses SafeDisc which is blocked on Windows 10. Furthermore, The Sims doesn't include an official download version.

It's important to note that this does not affect games that are downloaded from Origin, GOG, or Steam since SafeDisc is not included in the official download versions. SimCity 4, which normally won't run on Windows 10 or systems with KB3086255 with the CD version, will run on Windows 10 using official download versions from Origin, GOG.com, or Steam.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »

@SimChickee Did you use a modified Sims.exe to bypass SafeDisc? The Sims (as well as SimCity 4) will not work on Windows 10 (or Windows Vista-8.1 with MS15-097/KB3086255 update) since the game uses SafeDisc which is blocked on Windows 10. Furthermore, The Sims doesn't include an official download version.

It's important to note that this does not affect games that are downloaded from Origin, GOG, or Steam since SafeDisc is not included in the official download versions. SimCity 4, which normally won't run on Windows 10 or systems with KB3086255 with the CD version, will run on Windows 10 using official download versions from Origin, GOG.com, or Steam.

I made mine not require a disk :P