Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Giveaway!! (Winners Announced)

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
Hello fellow simmers! Would you like to win a code for City Living? To enter simply tell me what your favorite real life city is and why. It could be one you've visited, one you'd love to visit, or simply the city you live in.
Two entries will be selected. Contest ends Sunday, November 6, at 6pm EDT and winners will be announced at 8pm, EDT. Good luck! :)
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I already have the expansion, but am posting here to up this and promote it. C'mon peoples. No harm in trying for a free copy.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I already have the expansion, but am posting here to up this and promote it. C'mon peoples. No harm in trying for a free copy.

Thanks!! It's only been up a few minutes and it's early yet. @SimStaffBethelle or @SimGuruDrake will probably sticky it.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Hey, nothing wrong with being early.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I would love to win a copy since I can't afford it until way after Christmas. My real life favorite city is San Francisco. I've never been there but always wanted to. Because I love the Golden Gate Bridge. Pics of it at sunset are beautiful. It has so many different cultural blends there. Also the beaches are beautiful too.
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Hello! Thank you for doing this giveaway :smile:

My favourite city is Orlando! I've never visited before but I would love to one day. I'm a big fan of amusement parks and they have some pretty spectacular ones out there, plus the city is so beautiful. Being from England I've never visited anywhere in America but I really want to!

Good luck to everyone and thanks again.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • AmbereenAmbereen Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you for doing this giveaway! I didn't win in the other one so I'm hoping I can win somewhere else xD Otherwise I will probably not get it for a long, long time - I still don't have most of the others lol All I have is dine out, get together, luxury party and outdoor retreat. :( ONE DAY THE COLLECTION WILL BE COMPLETE lol

My favorite city is Boston, MA. I was born there, I went to college there, and I hope to get back there someday. There is just something wonderful about a chilly autumn in Boston with a cup of Dunkins coffee waiting for the bus xDDD It's a lovely city, with plenty of interesting people and the best food. Definitely worth a stop for anyone that hasn't been there before.

Thank you for this opportunity, and good luck everyone!
  • BlackwellBlackwell Posts: 29 Member
    I love Orlando, Florida. I love it because I love the sunny, beautiful weather. The ocean, and all the fun things to do there like the amusement parks. So much to see and do! A world of fun, and then play in the ocean!
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi, thanks for doing this giveaway. My favorite city is Olympia, WA. It's small enough to get around in without too many crazy drivers, lots of ethnic foods to delight in, plenty of arts and book lovers, quirky, passionate people, and surrounded by mountains and settled around the waters of Puget Sound. The bonus in City Life is no rain....we've had too much of that lately! Good luck everyone.
  • Jalice4everJalice4ever Posts: 233 Member
    My favorite city is New York. I've only been there once but I want to move after I graduate. I love the hustle of everything. Everyone there seems to have their lives together and are important.
  • HappyPandaHappyPanda Posts: 64 Member
    Hi :) Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway! Since I'm from South Africa my favorite city is Pretoria! I'm currently living/studying here and I adore the city! It is truly a melting pot of different cultures and has a great atmosphere and night life. I especially love the blooming of all the Jacaranda trees in October, even though it means that it is time to start studying for final exams! :D
  • Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    It was on my wish list a long time to visit Monaco, a city-state. I saw it once years ago on a travel program and I was fascinated. I finally got my wish to see it two years ago while my hubby and I were travelling between Nice and Menton in France, we had time to step out the train and see how the rich people lived. It was incredible how that little city nestled in the rocks with the huge castle towering over it. We stopped to have a drink by a bustling little Market before we took a walk to see the marina with the huge pleasure boats and great cruise ships. What really lingers in my memory is the train station with it's sparkly lined walkways with lots of modern chrome and all the elevators that are for public use to get up and down the steep layout. I'm not sure I would call it my favourite city though, that is the one I live in with all it's history, but Monaco is sure up there as one of my favourite life experiences.

Thanks for doing this giveaway and good luck to all the entrants. Happy Simming!!
  • WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member
    Ooh this looks like so much fun. I won't be able to wait a week and am buying this today but my favorite city is Sonoma, CA. It's super awesome and cozy with amazing shops. If you ever want to go to the city San Francisco is just an hour away, go to the beach it's just an hour away. Hiking and parks are all around and we have fabulous redwoods. <3
  • WennebellahWennebellah Posts: 1 New Member
    My favorite city is the one I currently live in: Amsterdam.

It's just so gorgeous, especially in Autumn and around Christmas. It has a lot of great stores, restaurants, museums, and an amazing zoo!

Thank you for giving us the chance to win City Living <3
  • Josie8699Josie8699 Posts: 9 New Member
    My favorite city is Shawano, Wisconsin. I spent many summers up there and made tons of awesome memories. A family has a petting zoo in their backyard full of cool animals like foxes, skunks, a wallaby, a kangaroo, and even a camel and a zebra. The best time of year to go their is in summer where they have water skiing shows, stock car races, and a fair. They also have some cool and unique restaurants. The surrounding areas are beautiful and are often used for fishing, swimming, hiking, and camping. Thanks for this opportunity and good luck to everyone!
  • TheMaddestMadamTheMaddestMadam Posts: 91 Member
    My favorite would be Montpelier, Vermont. My family is actually saving up to move to that area. What I love about it is that you get all of the convenience and history of being in not only a city, but a capital city, while still having the small town feel. It's the smallest state capital in the USA. The population (last I checked) was in the 8,000-ish area. A few other cool perks are: Ben & Jerry's is located there, there is an art school, a culinary school, and it's also home to a film festival!

I'd encourage anyone who is interested in an odd blend of city life and small town comfort to check the place out! :)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    My favorite city is San Francisco. I have been there but I fell in love with the city even before then. I love how the city manages to almost effortlessly mix it's historical side with a modern sensibility. I love how it will go against social norms to do it's own thing. I love the monuments it has (the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, ect) and the fun neighborhoods that it has to explore. It's a beautiful city full of vibrant people. I just feel a strong connection to it...like maybe in a past life I've lived there before or something lol. In an interesting twist my partner grew up near it and I would love to return to the city to explore it with him someday.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ErinsandyErinsandy Posts: 215 Member
    My Favorite City is Budapest, Hungary. I traveled there with a few of my closest friends when I was 16 (I'm from the US) , and I remember feeling a certain independence being there with out my parents. Budapest history and architecture, plus the yummy bread and chocolates from the local markets are very endearing to me. :smiley:
    Barry Allen is Me
    Gif credit: The-Gotham-City
    tumblr_oatusypU1T1qi952zo3_500.gif
    I love Nerdy Speedsters
    I just made my first Custom Content! Check it out!
  • LottebysimsLottebysims Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2016
    My favorite real life city is Atlantis, the sunken city... Nah, just kidding! My real life favorite city has to be Rome. It had to be a city in Italy, Italy is my favorite country by far. I just love Italian food. And Rome is just a city where I could lose myself for days and weeks. There's so much to see! I really love the Roman history and it's so cool to see everything in real life. I've only been twice to Rome and I haven't seen all cool stuff! I would love to come back! Unfotunately I don't live near the city (I live in the Netherlands), but that doesn't matter, Rome is still my favorite city, it's one of the few cities that really made an amazing impression on me.

Good luck everyone! <3
  • NehemiahxxNehemiahxx Posts: 12 New Member
    That's really kind of you to giveaway a copy :) My favorite city is Miami, Florida (about an hour from where I live). Miami is so beautiful and diverse and reminds me just how grateful I am to live in South Florida. I get introduced to new cultures all the time from Hispanic to Caribbean and a splash of Asian. The food is literally to die for, the festivals are so wild and its just an awesome thing seeing different people from different backgrounds just enjoying each other.
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Thank you for this giveaway, it's generous of you to do this :)
    My favorite city is Manila in the Philippines. I have always wanted to go there because my mother is from the Philippines and I would love to experience the culture of where she grew up! I have little knowledge of Filipino culture and seeing the people and different foods there would be so cool! The city itself is on the shore of Manila Bay so the view of the city skyscrapers next to the water looks very beautiful in pictures.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hi! Thank you so much for doing this giveaway!

My favorite city is Guangzhou, China. It's where my grandparents live. The food there is worth dying for! In fact, it's the culinary capital of a China! In addition to the delicious food, there's also various shopping areas and high scale shopping malls. In fact, Beijing Road is a famous pedestrian shopping sheet. If you plan to visit this city, go there to do some shopping! There's also an efficient subway system to get you around the city. The landmarks there are worth visiting! I've been to White Cloud Mountain and the Five Rams Statue and enjoyed them intensively. During the night, the Canton Tower shines beautiful colorful lights. I learned that there's a Sam's Club and a Walmart (been there) there, just one of the few locations in China. The Walmart in China is quite different compared to the Walmart in the US.

If you're looking for another city to go in China, this is the place.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
    Hello and thank you so much for giving people who otherwise can't afford the EP a chance to own it. <3

I currently live in the US, but grew up in Europe. My favorite city is Alanya in Turkey. I volunteered there when I was eighteen and fell in love with the culture, the natives in the small villages, and the city itself. I brought my family there a couple of times. My grandma came with me the last summer I visited Alanya, and it was the last summer we spent together before she passed away. The city offers so many different things to do; the food and cooking opportunity is amazing, the safari in jeeps thrilling (one time the jeep driver decided to go off road and down a steeeep hill with all the tourists screaming in back lol.) The riverboats, white beach lines, busy markets +++ So much to see and do.

I have traveled to a lot of different cities and countries myself, but Alanya will always have a special part in my heart. The city holds SO many memories and I wish I could go back and see it in my near future. It's a beautiful, beautiful place.
    banner.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My favorite city is Singapore. I have never been there, but from photos and videos I've seen it looks absolutely beautiful <3
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Nice, another chance to win a copy! Thank you for doing this, Simgirl! I would like to join and will try to keep myself from buying the pack until the winner is announced...

My favorite city is definitely Berlin, Germany. I lived there for a short while and have visited many times, and I discover something new about it every time. One thing I love about it is all the visible history there and all the amazing museums. Another is the art scene and alternative clubs, the authentic cultural street food and just diverse culture in general. But most importantly it's the city's atmosphere, which is hard to explain because I know it's a subjective experience. When I lived there, I had a turkish pop up street market right outside my door several days a week, and there where at least five organic supermarkets within five minutes walking distance. People there are either super friendly or incredibly grumpy, and both makes me smile. There is always a protest going on (people of Berlin love to protest) or a festival somewhere. And it has so many quirks and imperfections, it's not a flashy or modern city at all (at least not to me, but this depends on which neighborhoods you frequent) - and I really like that. I've made so many new friends there by pure chance, been on so many weird dates, had some of the most memorable experiences of my life. In conclusion, Berlin is my favorite because it is the city that's made me feel most impulsive and alive. Oh man, I want to go right now.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Thanks for doing this giveaway!

My favorite city is Atlanta. It always smells like delicious fattening food there. I love the sports teams. My dad went to college there, so I love seeing how his college changes over the years. I grew up down south in Georgia, so I visited Atlanta quite a few times each year.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top