Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues After Update

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited October 2016
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    No mods and latest patch installed. Sim can't apply cuttings to plants or catch a cow plant while fishing. It says the plant is grafted but it doesn't change the plant to include the graft.

It's no longer possible to complete the asperation because you're not able to get a cow plant. I repaired my game and started a new game with the same results.

I had this same problem. I can take a cutting from home grown plants and graft to plants grown on my home lot, but if I take a cutting from another lot/venue and try to graft it to a plant on my home lot, it doesn't work.

The only way I found to get a graft to work from a plant grown on another lot is to harvest the produce/flowers for seeds, bring them home, plant and take a cutting after it's grown a little bit, THEN graft it to a plant on my lot.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon. Happy Simming! :)

EDIT:
    Just wanted to add that I don't have any mods or cc and never have had any, so I know it's not a conflict with either of those things causing the problem.

Hello
    Thankyou for the helpful feedback and infornation. Has the issue with the grafting from another lot only occurred since the latest patch? Have you tested in a new save game file to see if the same issue occurs? Does it happen with other households in your save game?

Have you tried repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder? To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Paulaodom wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using the children's activity table since the update? When I did it won't tell me what kind of drawing my sim could do. It just says "draw" again instead of people, shapes, monsters etc.

Hello
    Is your child in an inspired mood? Another simmer has posted that it occurs when a child is inspired.
    Has this only occurred since the patch update?

Yes they are in an inspired mood when I tried to use it and I have only noticed it since the update. It seems like they broke a mess load stuff with this latest patch. :s
    Has anyone tried using the children's activity table since the update? When I did it won't tell me what kind of drawing my sim could do. It just says "draw" again instead of people, shapes, monsters etc.

Hello
    Is your child in an inspired mood? Another simmer has posted that it occurs when a child is inspired.
    Has this only occurred since the patch update?

Yes they are in an inspired mood when I tried to use it and I have only noticed it since the update. It seems like they broke a mess load stuff with this latest patch. :s

Hello
    I am not sure if perhaps it has been brought in now as a feature for when children are inspired? Other simmers have been posting about it happening in their game, only when a child is inspired.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited October 2016
    No mods and latest patch installed. Sim can't apply cuttings to plants or catch a cow plant while fishing. It says the plant is grafted but it doesn't change the plant to include the graft.

It's no longer possible to complete the asperation because you're not able to get a cow plant. I repaired my game and started a new game with the same results.

Hello
    The plant itself won't grow a cowplant. It will grow a cowplant berry, then when you are able to harvest the cowplant berry, you can then plant it to grow the cowplant.
    You probably already know this, but I am just checking in case you don't.

Yes, I already know. To be more clear on what is happening. If you graft a lily to a snapdragon, you don't get an orchid. The snapdragon plant will not have the lily grafted to it, the plant won't reset to show a lily was grafted to it. The aspiration says it worked but if you look at the plant it didn't work.

I had this same problem. I can take a cutting from home grown plants and graft to plants grown on my home lot, but if I take a cutting from another lot/venue and try to graft it to a plant on my home lot, it doesn't work.

The only way I found to get a graft to work from a plant grown on another lot is to harvest the produce/flowers for seeds, bring them home, plant and take a cutting after it's grown a little bit, THEN graft it to a plant on my lot.

EDIT:
    Just wanted to add that I don't have any mods or cc and never have had any, so I know it's not a conflict with either of those things causing the problem.

Thank you!

Edit. I'm sorry if it seems I was short with you rosemow. My internet keeps going out and I wanted to get it posted before it went out again.

Thank you for all the help you're giving everyone. :)
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on

Hello
    The plant itself won't grow a cowplant. It will grow a cowplant berry, then when you are able to harvest the cowplant berry, you can then plant it to grow the cowplant.
    You probably already know this, but I am just checking in case you don't.

Yes, I already know. To be more clear on what is happening. If you graft a lily to a snapdragon, you don't get an orchid. The snapdragon plant will not have the lily grafted to it, the plant won't reset to show a lily was grafted to it. The aspiration says it worked but if you look at the plant it didn't work.

EDIT:

Thank you!

Edit. I'm sorry if it seems I was short with you rosemow. My internet keeps going out and I wanted to get it posted before it went out again.

Thank you for all the help you're giving everyone. :)

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having internet issues.
    Try testing what Karababy suggested to do and see if that helps the issue. I hope that you will be able to graft the plant that way.
  • shushubabyshushubaby Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,

I've been having some problems since the update. My sims keep resetting themselves and when I have a klepto sim steal something, the item doesn't show up in the home inventory. I had reset and repaired it the first time this happened, but it still happens.

The only mod I have is the updated version of the MC Command Center.
  • VaxfiendVaxfiend Posts: 44 Member
    The 'blow out candles' option for a cake does not appear, preventing me from aging up Sims using the cake. Anyone else have this issue?
    shushubaby wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been having some problems since the update. My sims keep resetting themselves and when I have a klepto sim steal something, the item doesn't show up in the home inventory. I had reset and repaired it the first time this happened, but it still happens.

The only mod I have is the updated version of the MC Command Center.

Hello
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue with the stolen items not appearing in the inventory of your sim.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Swiped-Objects-don-t-appear-in-household-inventory/m-p/5658066#M29042

With your sim resetting themselves, is it occurring when they are doing a specific activity?
    Vaxfiend wrote: »
    The 'blow out candles' option for a cake does not appear, preventing me from aging up Sims using the cake. Anyone else have this issue?

Hello.
    Other simmers have also been having this issue. They have found that randomly they have been unable to add candles to the cake. Then the next time they could add the candles. Try baking different types of cakes and see if one of them has the option to add candles.
    The zombie cake that came with Spooky Stuff pack had the options for another simmer who had issues.

If the issues remain, and you have Dine Out, try going to a restaurant and get a cake to add candles to that way. By doing that, it may then help your issue when trying to add candles at home.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Just to be sure I reset my game as per instructions because I was getting the jump bug. So far not but perhaps something specific triggers it I havent't done? Still have, as many other reported, the inability to listen deeply to music plus at times the game says I'm at work/school when I'm not, especially if another family member was on another lot.
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Just to be sure I reset my game as per instructions because I was getting the jump bug. So far not but perhaps something specific triggers it I havent't done? Still have, as many other reported, the inability to listen deeply to music plus at times the game says I'm at work/school when I'm not, especially if another family member was on another lot.

Hello
    The listen deeply to music inability has been caused by the latest patch. When the game says that your sim is at work/school and they aren't, try having them " leave work/school early" and see if that helps.
  • mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    my sims are resetting after i direct them to cloud-gaze and now my one sim does it when i direct her to practice the violin.
    edited October 2016
    my sims are resetting after i direct them to cloud-gaze and now my one sim does it when i direct her to practice the violin.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues remain or you don't use mods/cc repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try selling and rebuying the violin.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Thanks rosemow. I did have her leave work early, and it worked, but alas her new job was due to begin 1 minute later and she missed it so has to wait 3 days.
    edited October 2016
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Thanks rosemow. I did have her leave work early, and it worked, but alas her new job was due to begin 1 minute later and she missed it so has to wait 3 days.

Hello
    I am sorry that your sim now has to wait for three days to go to work.
    I hope that her new job goes well.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    edited November 2016
    In response to my own previous post, I've spent the last day testing...and testing...and testing. The one file that would not let me open the time capsules (previously referred to as treasure boxes lol because I couldn't remember their proper name) was ShimrodVoidcrittersTimeCapsules. I suspect that was because I only play with adults and I'd pulled the VoidcrittersForAll and the other one for all to trade as they were listed as broken. I'm guessing the capsules may have contained a Voidcritter? At any rate when I pulled that one (VoidcrittersTimeCapsule) my sims could open up the time capsules...and of course, no Voidcritters but I didn't want them anyway lol It doesn't take a lot of thinking (even fuzzy thinking) to realize that those three mods depend upon each other...especially if you don't play children which I don't. I noted that all of those Voidcritters already collected and previously sitting in the adult's personal inventories were either jettisoned to the house inventory...or simply disappeared. I should've figured that out but I've got way too much cc and don't even know what I have. You have NO idea how much I miss the S2 trash can that sat in the catalog so I could delete cc I wasn't using. <sigh>
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    Since the latest update, I've had several times where the game would freeze then disappear. Very frustrating. No mods or custom content. It was previously rock solid.
    In response to my own previous post, I've spent the last day testing...and testing...and testing. The one file that would not let me open the time capsules (previously referred to as treasure boxes lol because I couldn't remember their proper name) was ShimrodVoidcrittersTimeCapsules. I suspect that was because I only play with adults and I'd pulled the VoidcrittersForAll and the other one for all to trade as they were listed as broken. I'm guessing the capsules may have contained a Voidcritter? At any rate when I pulled that one (VoidcrittersTimeCapsule) my sims could open up the time capsules...and of course, no Voidcritters but I didn't want them anyway lol It doesn't take a lot of thinking (even fuzzy thinking) to realize that those three mods depend upon each other...especially if you don't play children which I don't. I noted that all of those Voidcritters already collected and previously sitting in the adult's personal inventories were either jettisoned to the house inventory...or simply disappeared. I should've figured that out but I've got way too much cc and don't even know what I have. You have NO idea how much I miss the S2 trash can that sat in the catalog so I could delete cc I wasn't using. <sigh>

Hello
    I am glad that you were able to find the mods that were causing your issues :)
    Cristiano wrote: »
    Since the latest update, I've had several times where the game would freeze then disappear. Very frustrating. No mods or custom content. It was previously rock solid.

Hello
    Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps the issue.

If you were previously playing the game in 64 bit mode, try checking to see if the game has reset your settings after the patch back to 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode.
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Then there are options to either change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”
    Try changing it back to 64 bit mode if it has been reset to 32 bit mode.

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues.Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain. If it helps, then just put back into the new tray folder that has been generated in the sims 4 folder the files of the sims and builds that you want or need to still have in your library. You can put the files back into the tray folder as you want to use the sims or builds in your game, then take them out again afterwards.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @rosemow Yes, this issue started after the most recent patch. No, haven't tested it in a new save file. I only have the one household I play in that save file. I've repaired the game, but haven't ever reset my folders. However, I did take out my tray folder because of the lag/freeze issue. It helped, a little, but not the grafting issue.

I might try a folder reset at some point, but right now it's not that big of an issue for me, just an annoyance. I only posted so @DragonAge_300905 would know it wasn't only her having the problem and suggest the workaround I found. Thanks as always for all your help and suggestions though. Very much appreciated! :)
    @rosemow Yes, this issue started after the most recent patch. No, haven't tested it in a new save file. I only have the one household I play in that save file. I've repaired the game, but haven't ever reset my folders. However, I did take out my tray folder because of the lag/freeze issue. It helped, a little, but not the grafting issue.

I might try a folder reset at some point, but right now it's not that big of an issue for me, just an annoyance. I only posted so @DragonAge_300905 would know it wasn't only her having the problem and suggest the workaround I found. Thanks as always for all your help and suggestions though. Very much appreciated! :)

Hello.
    Thankyou for posting your feedback on the issue in your game, and your workaround for it. :)
  • DougMontDougMont Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi! After the patch I found a problem in the police officer carrer... When I sent my sim to a lot to arrest someone, I got stuck in the travelling screens... I didnt go directly to the place the criminal was, instead, it opened the travel screen for me to choose a lot, and wichever lot I would choose, it would just load and back to the travel screen! Did anybody have the same problem? Can someone help me?
    DougMont wrote: »
    Hi! After the patch I found a problem in the police officer carrer... When I sent my sim to a lot to arrest someone, I got stuck in the travelling screens... I didnt go directly to the place the criminal was, instead, it opened the travel screen for me to choose a lot, and wichever lot I would choose, it would just load and back to the travel screen! Did anybody have the same problem? Can someone help me?

Hello
    If you haven't saved the game, come completely out of the game without saving. If you have saved, go back into the game and when your sim next goes to work test to see if the issue occurs again.
    If it occurs again, come out of the game.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you use MC Command Cehter mod, there has been a hotfix version released. It would be good to remove the old version and download/install the new version.
  • DougMontDougMont Posts: 14 New Member

Hello
    If you haven't saved the game, come completely out of the game without saving. If you have saved, go back into the game and when your sim next goes to work test to see if the issue occurs again.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you use MC Command Cehter mod, there has been a hotfix version released. It would be good to remove the old version and download/install the new version.

Thanks a lot for the help... I'll try it and come back to tell if t worked :smiley:

Hello

Thanks a lot for the help... I'll try it and come back to tell if t worked :smiley:

You're welcome :) I hope that the issue doesn't occur when your sim next goes to work.