Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC/Mods being enabled automatically after patches?

Hi all,

I've just updated to the 1.24 patch and noticed that when I loaded my game I didn't need to enable CC/Mods and Script Mods, they were all enabled still. I noticed this after the September patch too but just assumed that because it was a small update it wasn't necessary. I move out the Mods folder before patching so maybe that's related?

Has anyone else noticed this? Do you have to manually enable your CC/Mods/Script Mods again after patching?

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruModSquad do you maybe know?
apple-signature.png

Comments

• thebigmermaidthebigmermaid Posts: 9 New Member
    I had to manually update mine with the latest patch.
    Is it causing any problems with your game?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I had to manually update mine with the latest patch.
    Is it causing any problems with your game?

You had to manually update your Mods? Or manually enable CC/Mods in the game options?

I'm only interested in the automatic disabling and enabling of CC and Mods when patching. The patch should disable them but it doesn't always appear to be doing so.

apple-signature.png
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    I did get a message saying that my CC have been disabled. So I had to manually enable them.

I don't know if it is different with gameplay mods, though.
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
    I did get a message saying that my CC have been disabled. So I had to manually enable them.

I don't know if it is different with gameplay mods, though.

That's interesting, thanks for that. I wonder if it's a glitch for some and not others then.

apple-signature.png
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I had to manually enable mine.
    Figwit wrote: »
    I had to manually enable mine.

Thanks Figwit :) This really is strange, I wonder why mine weren't. No pop up to tell me they had been disabled, just launched the game after patching, looked in game options and the boxes were already checked.
    apple-signature.png
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Since you said that you took the Mods folder out, I wonder if that is why. Perhaps the game is smart enough to recognize that the mods folder isn't there, so it figures there is nothing to disable?
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    Since you said that you took the Mods folder out, I wonder if that is why. Perhaps the game is smart enough to recognize that the mods folder isn't there, so it figures there is nothing to disable?

Exactly! But I'd really like to know if others have noticed or get some clarification from EA. Maybe @SimGuruModSquad or @SimGuruNick ? :)

apple-signature.png
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @BluebellFlora Yep, that would be why. If there are no mods, you don't get the message.
    @BluebellFlora Yep, that would be why. If there are no mods, you don't get the message.

Brilliant, thanks so much for confirming :)

apple-signature.png
    I've been told by a couple of PC users that this doesn't happen to them. They move their Mods folder out before patching, they patch, then they put their Mods folder back and they get the pop up telling them CC/Mods have been disabled.

@SimGuruNick is this Mac specific?
    apple-signature.png
    Sorry @BluebellFlora, I thought you meant that you had left your Mods folder out when starting the game back up after patching.

It should work the same for both PC and Mac, if the client recognizes both mods and existing saves, you should get the "mods have been disabled" notification.
    @SimGuruNick Sorry, I'm probably not being clear enough! This is what I did in order:

- moved out Mods folder
    - Launched Origin and patched game
    - Closed Origin
    - Moved Mods folder back
    - Launched game from Dock shortcut

No message popped up and Mods were enabled.
    apple-signature.png
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    I've just updated and did everything in the same order. After patching I also repaired the game. Also no notification mods were disabled and they were indeed enabled when I looked
    @SimGuruNick

I've just updated to yesterday's patch (November) and mods and CC were NOT disabled again. I didn't move out my Mods folder beforehand either this time.
    apple-signature.png
    We did not auto-disable them for yesterday's patch, as it was a small patch. You can tell whether or not we disable mods by looking at the version #. The previous game's version was 1.24.102 (or 1.24.107 on Mac). We're at 1.24.112 currently. Note the "24" remains the same, and thus we do not disable mods.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2016
    My mods were not disabled this time though they were last time. My friend, who plays on a PC, did not have her mods disabled either.

I did not see SimGuruNick's message before I posted but it is what I had suspected :)
    Post edited by Figwit on
    We did not auto-disable them for yesterday's patch, as it was a small patch. You can tell whether or not we disable mods by looking at the version #. The previous game's version was 1.24.102 (or 1.24.107 on Mac). We're at 1.24.112 currently. Note the "24" remains the same, and thus we do not disable mods.

Thanks :) still odd about last month and September though... I'll check again with the next one

apple-signature.png