Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues After Update

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    bmf3160 wrote: »
    My sim just aged up to a young adult. Her boyfriend is an alien. Every time she tries to propose to him, they both reset! I tried it at her house, the Von Haunt Estate, and Chez Llama. The same thing happens every time. I know it's not my cc, because my sims have been able to propose before. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hello
    Are both sims young adults? There may be an issue if one is a teen and the other a young adult.

If they are both young adults, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This is link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods since the latest patch. Mods/cc that have worked before the patch have now become broken
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Regarding the UFO plant issue: I got a sim to plant 4 of them on an unplayed lot and so far it doesn't seem to have the problem, but the plants are only half grown. Will keep you updated if needed.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    PETER82PETER82 Posts: 3 New Member
    Rosemow :

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've already done all that. Its nothing on my end, its true errors with the patch. I'm not the only one with these issues. My game worked perfectly until this patch.
  • Options
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Regarding the UFO plant issue: I got a sim to plant 4 of them on an unplayed lot and so far it doesn't seem to have the problem, but the plants are only half grown. Will keep you updated if needed.

Thankyou for letting us know :)
  • Options
    PETER82 wrote: »
    Rosemow :

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've already done all that. Its nothing on my end, its true errors with the patch. I'm not the only one with these issues. My game worked perfectly until this patch.

Hello
    The patch broke some of the mods/cc that simmmers use in their games. If you do use mods it would be good to look at the list of updated mods that are in this thread link and see if there are updated versions that you can use in your game. The broken mods can cause game issues.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl
  • Options
    bmf3160bmf3160 Posts: 6 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    My sim just aged up to a young adult. Her boyfriend is an alien. Every time she tries to propose to him, they both reset! I tried it at her house, the Von Haunt Estate, and Chez Llama. The same thing happens every time. I know it's not my cc, because my sims have been able to propose before. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hello
    Are both sims young adults? There may be an issue if one is a teen and the other a young adult.

If they are both young adults, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This is link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods since the latest patch. Mods/cc that have worked before the patch have now become broken

I don't have any of those mods in my game :/ I'm pretty sure it's a game thing. I'll try moving my mods folder. I really didn't want to do that, as basically all my lots and sims have cc and I don't wanna redo their outfits and things. Will check back later. (had to remove link. Said I couldn't post those yet)
  • Options
    @rosemow do you think it could be Shimrod's fewer elders or the inteen mod?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Hello
    Those mods could be the issue. Try removing them and see if the issue remains,

Also, when testing the game without mods/cc in the game, don't save the game then you won't need to do the cc again.
  • Options

Hello

Also, when testing the game without mods/cc in the game, don't save the game then you won't need to do the cc again.

Ah, I didn't think of that. Thank you.
  • Options

Hello

Ah, I didn't think of that. Thank you.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    @rosemow It was the Inteen Mod. I wish the creator would update it :(
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I don't know if this is an "issue" per se, but I found it to be rather obnoxious. After this update, the skill bar is huge! Much bigger than normal. I tested it on a lot with a lot trait and on a lot without, and huge for both of them.
  • Options
    extragalacticextragalactic Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue with my sim in the doctor career since the update. She had a really great day at work and was headed toward a promotion, but when it was time for her to go home the timer ended up stuck at 1m remaining and she just stayed at the lot. Eventually I was able to get her to travel home, but the work icon stayed on her picture. The next morning she got up and got ready to go to work, the icon was still on her picture, but I got a notification that work would begin in an hour. She didn't leave when it was time though, I tried to click on her to send her to work but there wasn't an option. Finally I had her quit her job using the phone and start over. The next day she had the same problem though and ended up stuck at work again.
  • Options
    I'm having an issue with my sim in the doctor career since the update. She had a really great day at work and was headed toward a promotion, but when it was time for her to go home the timer ended up stuck at 1m remaining and she just stayed at the lot. Eventually I was able to get her to travel home, but the work icon stayed on her picture. The next morning she got up and got ready to go to work, the icon was still on her picture, but I got a notification that work would begin in an hour. She didn't leave when it was time though, I tried to click on her to send her to work but there wasn't an option. Finally I had her quit her job using the phone and start over. The next day she had the same problem though and ended up stuck at work again.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Other simmers have also been having this issue, especially since the latest patch.
    There are a few things to do if and when it occurs.
    When it occurs, try seeing if you can click to have her leave work early.
    Try resetting her and see if that helps.
    Try taking her into CAS and back and see if that helps the issue.
    Another thing to try doing is if the sim is at home but still has the work icon, try having another sim that is in the household travel to another lot. Once that sim is on the other lot and you are controlling him, there will be icon on the portait of the sim that is at home. Click on " care for Self" and that may help to fix the issue.

To try to prevent it occurring, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    LeiHunLeiHun Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue where my two sims repeatedly become embarrassed by each other and its only when they are around. I have been experiencing a lot of bugs since the recent update. My mods are all updated, but I don't know about my cc being the issue. I did take out my mods folder and created a new game, and everything looked fine. however, it seems that only my legacy game is the only one affected by it.
  • Options
    InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2016
    Don't know if it's just me or it's happening to other Simmers out there. A Dine Out bug, the chefs from the restaurants are making bad quality food even if their skill is high enough/maxed out on the higher difficulty foods. I tried repairing the game, but no luck so far. It seems that the game is thinking that the cooking/mixology skill on the chefs are in a low level skill despite that their skills is high/maxed.
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    The sims 4 backyard stuff bodysuit that goes inside the the pants that also comes with the backyard stuff pack ,when my sims is wearing it after the update it goes over the pants.Did that happen to anyone else ?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Do gurus even try out the game before they give us patches? I'm having so many issues after the new patch.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LeiHun wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where my two sims repeatedly become embarrassed by each other and its only when they are around. I have been experiencing a lot of bugs since the recent update. My mods are all updated, but I don't know about my cc being the issue. I did take out my mods folder and created a new game, and everything looked fine. however, it seems that only my legacy game is the only one affected by it.

Hello @LeiHun
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder.
    Start the game and test if the issues remain.
    Then exit the game and place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    You will then be able to see if mods/cc are causing the issues.
  • Options
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me or it's happening to other Simmers out there. A Dine Out bug, the chefs from the restaurants are making bad quality food even if their skill is high enough/maxed out on the higher difficulty foods. I tried repairing the game, but no luck so far. It seems that the game is thinking that the cooking/mixology skill on the chefs are in a low level skill despite that their skills is high/maxed.

Hello
    It would be good to post feeback on this thread link that refers to the issue on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-DO-Top-level-chefs-in-restaurant-cooking-poor-quality/td-p/5661262/jump-to/first-unread-message
  • Options
    babytes wrote: »
    The sims 4 backyard stuff bodysuit that goes inside the the pants that also comes with the backyard stuff pack ,when my sims is wearing it after the update it goes over the pants.Did that happen to anyone else ?

Hello
    It would be good to post feeback on this thread link that refers to the issue on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Mesh-Issues-with-CAS-Assets/td-p/5068136/jump-to/first-unread-message
  • Options
    ChristineybeanChristineybean Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    Hey, thanks for the reply and trying to help. Unfortunately, I still get my sims listening deeply to music (even bought one a new stereo to try it with).

I even tried using a whole new Sims 4 file and quickly putting a "music lover" trait on a new sim. It wouldn't work even then. (The dancing when the music is turned off first thing still happens too. Weird.)

• Options
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Hey, thanks for the reply and trying to help. Unfortunately, I still get my sims listening deeply to music (even bought one a new stereo to try it with).

I even tried using a whole new Sims 4 file and quickly putting a "music lover" trait on a new sim. It wouldn't work even then. (The dancing when the music is turned off first thing still happens too. Weird.)

Hello.
    I am just checking, Your sims are still unable to listen deeply? I think that is what you meant.
    Try starting a new save game file and see if the same thing occurs with a sim that has the music lover trait in that game also.
  • Options
    ChristineybeanChristineybean Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello

Hello.
    I am just checking, Your sims are still unable to listen deeply? I think that is what you meant.
    Try starting a new save game file and see if the same thing occurs with a sim that has the music lover trait in that game also.
    (I spoilered the older quotes for space.)
    Sorry, I poorly worded my last post. :sweat_smile:

But you're right, my sims are still unable to listen deeply and I did try a new save file*. I made a music lover sim on it and she couldn't listen deeply on any stereo. I then tried using a sim that "Maxis" made (which was a default in my gallery, not one I had to download from the cloud) and even she couldn't listen deeply.
    *Like, a brand new one where it gives you the "plumbob" lamp as a gift when you start (I kept my normal save files and didn't delete them, don't worry).
    I'm really confused if this is just happening on my account or not since it's not the most noticeable thing and unlikely to be reported. Again,I only noticed because one of my Music Lover Sims wanted me to order her to "listen deeply" as a whim, which she never does.
    If you happen to play a music lover sim later could you let me know if it's an issue of your save file too? (Only if you're not busy!) :smile:

Overall it's not a huge deal for me but in case this happens to anybody else at least it's been mentioned.