Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem With Custom Content

I have been using CC for over a year now, so I know I am downloaded them,placing them...etc right. I downloaded a couple of items a few days before the newest update, so I know it's not the update that's messing with my game. However, when I came to play it the game would open but freeze on the sims 4 opening screen. I immediately assume I had installed a mod that didn't work but after deleted numerous pieces of custom content I came to realize that the only way sims would open is if there was no custom content or mods at all in my mods folder. Is this something to do with my computer or the game...?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    some mods and CC may no longer work with the new patch. You would need to test them.
  • Kitty._.CatKitty._.Cat Posts: 4 New Member
    some mods and CC may no longer work with the new patch. You would need to test them.

I had the same problem before the new patch, so I don't think that's the problem.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

I had the same problem before the new patch, so I don't think that's the problem.

Those items may have been incompatible with an earlier patch. Many creators don't maintain their content or remove it when it's no longer compatible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • OssbornOssborn Posts: 25 Member
    After the new patch, my CAS UI is broken and entering a household results in an endless loading screen.
    Already hunting down the broken mods....

About the CAS issue, I already have an idea which one it may be, as I had that issue before. It was a mod that removes the wrench icons from CC.
    About the sendless loading screen, I´m clueless yet.
  • cityboundcitybound Posts: 61 Member
    Ossborn wrote: »
    After the new patch, my CAS UI is broken and entering a household results in an endless loading screen.

@Ossborn If the CC you have are clothes, perhaps ask the CC makers and I'm sure they'll fix it so that it's compatible for the new patch. (:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Ossborn wrote: »

About the CAS issue, I already have an idea which one it may be, as I had that issue before. It was a mod that removes the wrench icons from CC.
    About the sendless loading screen, I´m clueless yet.

Re. that endless loading screen, head over here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/PATCH-1-24-102-Map-Reloading-PLEASE-POST-HERE/m-p/5658862#U5658862
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    II was right with the broken UI, it was the mod that removed the wrench icon... As I never really was active here (7 posts with this one) I can´t set links yet. It is aom_catalog_wrench_plain_swatches from Sims4studio.

Thanks for the link @luthienrising , I´ll look into that tomorrow.
    In the meantime, I figured out which mod caused the endless loading screen. Scumbumbos Packing Crate mod from ModTheSims. After I removed it, the household I´m currently playing loaded.
    I still have check if the other Scriptmods I´m using are working, though. Using the 50/50 method, I at least could narrow it down to the Packing Crate mod so far.
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Glad you found which mod was corrupting your game! I always throw a little party when I find it lmao

Everytime an update comes out, I compile all the cc I have and run tests of about 5 package files every time, compiling them back into the mods folder. I always categorize cc as well, by clothes, objects, hairs, etc.
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread