Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Thread

February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
edited October 2016 in Off Topic Chat
Anyone else out there have crazy/vivid/bizarre dreams
I started lucid dreaming a good few years back and have had some pretty crazy nights since.
One of my best lucid dreams was when I was dreaming I was trying to get home. There was a vast field ahead of me and I knew it was going to take me hours to walk home. I was exhausted at just the thought of it - when I thought, hang on, I'm dreaming this, I can fly! so I did my little run and jump and up I went. I flew over the fields. It was an amazing feeling, but, unfortunately I enjoyed it too much as I flew too far, landed in the next town, and had to get a cab home :D

Another one I had was when I was flying above my bed and I looked down at my partner and said, hey, look at me, I'm up here flying around the ceiling. Again it was an amazing feeling. I then got curious and thought if I'm out of my body then I should be able to go through the wall and explore.I tried putting my arm through the wall, and I could, but quickly pulled it back as I was scared of what might be on the other side, that's when I woke up.

I'll be interested to read other peoples dreams.
MLgj4Vx.png
Post edited by February11 on

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I often dream vividly, but seldom recall the details, but occasionally a bit stays with me.

Recently - maybe a month ago - I was woken mid-dream, annoyingly as it was apparently a really intense drama. I can remember no other details, except the line of dialog I woke up on. The scene, a court room. The DA (district attorney, i.e. local prosecutor) was addressing the bench:

"The soul of the sick man is Exhibit B."

Why his soul? How can an intangible, invisible, likely metaphorical concept be admitted in court as evidence?

Also, if that was Exhibit B, what was Exhibit A?

Had I been allowed to sleep, this may have had some resolution. As it is, all I have are questions. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    That's an interesting one. I have often consulted dream analysis books, and have been on dream sites where people "profess" to be able to analyze our dreams, but non have come even close to analyzing mine. They come out with all these "problems" I must be having when in fact I don't have the problems they're suggesting at all; or things like fish mean money, you'll be coming into money. What they don't know, that dream I'd posted I'd had about 4 years ago, and I didn't come into any money.
    I think only we can really interpret our dreams, that the symbols are unique to ourselves.
    You have to really delve into self. Not easy.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    One of my craziest dreams was about this woman that gave birth to animals. I went to her home and she had tons of different animals everywhere. There was a zebra and a stingray in a kiddie pool. And these were all her offspring. And after being at her house the dream jumped to her giving birth. She looked fully nine months pregnant, and she was pushing and struggling, but all that came out was a single mosquito. I remember thinking in the dream how sad it must be to go through nine months of pregnancy for a mosquito. And then the dream jumped to this wise Indian man that lived in a decadent modern home isolated in the forest. He said something about those who are connected to the earth will birth animals. Yeah it was weird.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I've lucid dreamed since I was about 15. And they're always dirty lol so I can't share anything. :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Rit4_RedRit4_Red Posts: 1,131 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I've lucid dreamed since I was about 15. And they're always dirty lol so I can't share anything. :D

And now you just must share some!!! :smiley: you can "embellish" some parts :#:smirk:
    smilei%2Bt%2Bconfesa.jpg
    If i was a bird, i'd be a Ruphus cucullatus! An endling! Last of their kind!
    EA account ID Rit4_Red
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Rit4_Red wrote: »

And now you just must share some!!! :smiley: you can "embellish" some parts :#:smirk:

hahaha, sorry they're really too much for this forum. They're even gross for me. But in a dream, anything goes.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Rit4_RedRit4_Red Posts: 1,131 Member
    Rit4_Red wrote: »

hahaha, sorry they're really too much for this forum. They're even gross for me. But in a dream, anything goes.

Dang! :disappointed: anyways i'm little jealous for you and many others! i almost never get those dreams and if for some reason there would something "nice" to happen i instantly wake up! :s:unamused:
    smilei%2Bt%2Bconfesa.jpg
    If i was a bird, i'd be a Ruphus cucullatus! An endling! Last of their kind!
    EA account ID Rit4_Red
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    When I was 8 or 9, I started having dreams that I was part of the team on the show NCIS (good show if you watch seasons 3-9, the first 2 weren't very memorable, and recently, the main stars have been leaving, and they really can't be replaced). I was 14, and a "junior" agent :D They were so vivid, and I often daydreamed about it too.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I remember when I got into Sims3 I began dreaming in Simish! That was quite amusing.
    @simpkin I've lucid dreamed since I was about 15. And they're always dirty lol so I can't share anything. :D
    Love it! :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    One of my craziest dreams was about this woman that gave birth to animals. I went to her home and she had tons of different animals everywhere. There was a zebra and a stingray in a kiddie pool. And these were all her offspring. And after being at her house the dream jumped to her giving birth. She looked fully nine months pregnant, and she was pushing and struggling, but all that came out was a single mosquito. I remember thinking in the dream how sad it must be to go through nine months of pregnancy for a mosquito. And then the dream jumped to this wise Indian man that lived in a decadent modern home isolated in the forest. He said something about those who are connected to the earth will birth animals. Yeah it was weird.

Wow, that's a bizarre one! Would be interesting to know what that one is supposed to mean.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    When I was 8 or 9, I started having dreams that I was part of the team on the show NCIS (good show if you watch seasons 3-9, the first 2 weren't very memorable, and recently, the main stars have been leaving, and they really can't be replaced). I was 14, and a "junior" agent :D They were so vivid, and I often daydreamed about it too.

Daydreaming about it too!
    I hate it when you have a bad dream which stays with you for the best part of the next day.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I have a lot of vivid and wild dreams. Usually they're kind of disturbing ones though more nightmares really. But not always. Sometimes I dream about sims that's usually hilarious. Or they're dirty dreams lol.

I lucid dream often but it's usually when I'm needing to get up for work or just finished a long day of work and am just drifting off. And it's just like customers wanting help. So I just remind myself I'm at home. I don't have to help anybody. And it stops. Maybe someday I will like try to have fun with it... use it to say and do all the things I want to do but can't when I really am at work >:).

Has anybody ever felt anything when dreaming? This thread and most discussions about vivid dreams make me think of one I had a few years ago where I actually felt something in the dream. It was actually really horrific. I'd run somebody over with a train (accidentally... i don't know why that matters lol, its just a dream either way, but it does) and it came with this awful feeling as I did so. I can still feel it when I think of that dream. It still makes me shudder. I've always been curious who else has actually felt something, though hopefully less disturbing. I must say that was my most vivid, and terrifying, dream ever. I still remember nearly every detail. And it's 2 or 3 years later.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I have a lot of vivid and wild dreams. Usually they're kind of disturbing ones though more nightmares really. But not always. Sometimes I dream about sims that's usually hilarious. Or they're dirty dreams lol.

I lucid dream often but it's usually when I'm needing to get up for work or just finished a long day of work and am just drifting off. And it's just like customers wanting help. So I just remind myself I'm at home. I don't have to help anybody. And it stops. Maybe someday I will like try to have fun with it... use it to say and do all the things I want to do but can't when I really am at work >:).

Has anybody ever felt anything when dreaming? This thread and most discussions about vivid dreams make me think of one I had a few years ago where I actually felt something in the dream. It was actually really horrific. I'd run somebody over with a train (accidentally... i don't know why that matters lol, its just a dream either way, but it does) and it came with this awful feeling as I did so. I can still feel it when I think of that dream. It still makes me shudder. I've always been curious who else has actually felt something, though hopefully less disturbing. I must say that was my most vivid, and terrifying, dream ever. I still remember nearly every detail. And it's 2 or 3 years later.

As in dream paralysis? I have been doing that a lot recently and have now learned about dream hypnoginia - where you see colours/patterns/cartoon like pictures as you fall asleep. I have loads to talk about that!
    Those dreams where you really feel like you're there, and leave a lasting feeling on you the next day are quite disturbing.
    Learning to tap into the dreams help, as in when you lucid dream, ask yourself what am I meant to be learning from this. It takes some practice, but you'll get there. It makes night times exciting when you can direct it all yourself.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited October 2016
    I dreamt about my fav sim the other night. During the day I had been mucking around in CAS with him, making a clone so I could play him with no skills etc (getting ready for City Living lol). Anyway, that night I dreamed we were having a conversation in my sitting room. He was at first really happy with me as he was no longer an elder and was a Young Adult again and I was happily agreeing with his that "yes you look fab" and "Hmm, it must be lovely to be young again" :joy: And then all of a sudden he realized all his skills were gone!

With that he starts yelling at me and telling me just what a crappy simmer I am and how out of all the simmers the world I had to be his creator and so on. *giggle* So then after trying to calm him down unsuccessfully I'd just finally had enough so I took out my gun (which is like totally weird as I hate guns and would never have one) and shot him, saying "this will hurt me much more than it will hurt you".

lol I woke up and actually thought... omg, I seriously need to stop playing so much sims! :joy:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I dreamt about my fav sim the other night. During the day I had been mucking around in CAS with him, making a clone so I could play him with no skills etc (getting ready for City Living lol). Anyway, that night I dreamed we were having a conversation in my sitting room. He was at first really happy with me as he was no longer an elder and was a Young Adult again and I was happily agreeing with his that "yes you look fab" and "Hmm, it must be lovely to be young again" :joy: And then all of a sudden he realized all his skills were gone!

With that he starts yelling at me and telling me just what a plum simmer I am and how out of all the simmers the world I had to be his creator and so on. *giggle* So then after trying to calm him down unsuccessfully I'd just finally had enough so I took out my gun (which is like totally weird as I hate guns and would never have one) and shot him, saying "this will hurt me much more than it will hurt you".

lol I woke up and actually thought... omg, I seriously need to stop playing so much sims! :joy:

I haven't had a "major" Sim dream since Sims 3, when I used to dream in Sim all the time. That's funny!
    I haven't had a sims 4 dream - yet - watch this space!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2016
    A little over a year ago an ex boyfriend/friend passed away. I never dreamt of him before, even when we were a couple and later as friends. Then after he died about every 3 months, I've had a dream of him. The first one I remember the most. He was leaving to go some where in the dream and I was begging him not to go, but he kept saying that he had to go :cry:

The second one I just remember that we were in a bar talking and I asked him if he was tired and he said that he was. And I told him that I was too(I was dealing with a lot of issues with one of my sons at the time)

In the third one, we were a couple and the only thing I remember was driving with him in a old pickup truck to watch either the sunrise or sunset.

In the last one we were a couple as well. The only thing I remember from that one was the kissing.

I don't think there's any significance to the dreams. Probably just my grieving for him. He was my first love so he's always had a special place in my heart.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited October 2016
    A lot of my best ones, I can't talk about on here. ;) Let's just say they involved a certain sexy Australian. :p:D

My mom and I have been in the same dream before! I dreamed I was at the mall with my mom and my friend and my mom was telling us when to meet back up with her. The next day my said she dreamed the same thing. So freaky!
  • Options
    Ruby5662Ruby5662 Posts: 8 New Member
    i LOVE dreams! I have really weird dreams though XD
  • Options
    @sillyangel0906 that's very sad :( It's true our hearts grieve through our dreams especially if we have busy days and are try to push away the sad thoughts... like I do (I'm prefer to stick my head in the sand when it comes to grief.)

@OhMyHemsworth lol lucky you having dreams about your sexy Aussie :D

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »

I haven't had a "major" Sim dream since Sims 3, when I used to dream in Sim all the time. That's funny!
    I haven't had a sims 4 dream - yet - watch this space!

I used to have TS3 dreams all the time. I do occasionally dream about ts4 usually when I'm thinking about my next story, this one was weird though!

• Options
    @sillyangel0906 That is very sad. Since my Dad died this year I have dreams of him, and in them he's getting younger and younger. I guess dreaming of departed loved ones keep them alive to an extent.
    @OhMyHemsworth That's amazing both you and your mum having the same dream!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I used to have a lot of recurring dreams, but they seemed to have stopped now.
    I used to dream of being in a lift which got stuck in between floors, or went that fast it was going to fly out of the top of the lift shaft. Or driving cars and being totally out of control.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

As in dream paralysis? I have been doing that a lot recently and have now learned about dream hypnoginia - where you see colours/patterns/cartoon like pictures as you fall asleep. I have loads to talk about that!
    Those dreams where you really feel like you're there, and leave a lasting feeling on you the next day are quite disturbing.
    Learning to tap into the dreams help, as in when you lucid dream, ask yourself what am I meant to be learning from this. It takes some practice, but you'll get there. It makes night times exciting when you can direct it all yourself.

Not really like that no. Like you're totally asleep but you just feel something (I really like just can't describe the feeling. I just... nope. I relive it if I do and nope) like I was OUT I still continued to dream about emergency services responding and all the gorey details of that. And going back to work ONE DAY later and wondering if I could even be mentally fit for that and being mad I didn't get time off to regroup and being like really paranoid and overly cautious. It really dragged out. And then I kind of started to wake up like "what just happened" it wasn't that half awake and aware of your surroundings thing of sleep paralysis. I've had that too though. Not fun! And I didn't even have any wild hallucinations.

A lot of my disturbing dreams come or came from listening to the radio while sleeping. News reports warp into... interesting... dreams. Like the train one, it was during a period of time where there was an exceptionally high amount of people walkin or driving in front of moving trains and getting killed or very seriously injured. So even when there were no new incidents they'd start talking about preventive measures and it was just always all over the media. So I must have been hearing something about it on the radio.

God the days of listening to radio while sleeping could be fun though. My favourite was the wild hockey games I got to watch for free and how I'd wake up knowing the score of the real game. Especially when it was like a overnight in my time zone Olympic game. Yeah, I'm canadian... I dream about hockey and it's amazing lol.
  • Options
    I used to have a lot of recurring dreams, but they seemed to have stopped now.
    I used to dream of being in a lift which got stuck in between floors, or went that fast it was going to fly out of the top of the lift shaft. Or driving cars and being totally out of control.

I used to have 2 recurring dreams. One was where I was trying to escape this one school I went to. And I was like trying to like dig myself out through a tunnel in the dirt by the fence. But I always got ratted out by this girl and a teacher would drag me back to the school. I was bullied a lot at that school, by classmates and administration (who bullied my parents even more) so the reasoning of that dream is pretty clear. Oh the girl that always ratted me out was the worst of the bullies.

The dreams didn't stop until after I left high school though. I only went to that school until the end of grade 3. I got pulled out for a school that didn't tolerate bullying. I don't know why the dreams lingered so long though. I guess I still held on to a part of that school for that long. I don't know know when I let that part go because honestly... I still haven't let it go. It was so SO bad there I don't think I'll ever let it go.

The other is one where I'd dream that I was going somewhere and I'd go the wrong way and get lost. It would just be a minor thing like I'd turn the wrong way down the street and I'd realize after like a block that I was going the wrong way but I couldn't figure out to just turn back around and I'd be going the right way. So I'd try to figure out how to get back on track but I'd get more lost.

And this would always start in the morning and I'd alway be leaving the house I lived in at the time... there were 2 places I'd lived during the years I had this dream. I could be going anywhere but it ALWAYS lead me to the same place. I'd always walk around all day and when I was too tired at night I would find this convenience store parking lot and I would lie down in a parking spot and fall asleep. I would wake up as different people usually like TV characters be like "this isn't right Im still sleeping" after each and go back to sleep.then after 2 or 3 I'd actually wake up for real.

I still don't totally get this one. It started when I was like 7 or 8 though and lasted until I was like 16. I guess I was scared of getting lost IDK... its how it always ended though that makes no sense
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2016
    Some of the strangest things that have happened in my dreams:

- Jensen Ackles was the guy on that FOB album and he thought he was Paris Hilton. He was wearing a red dress, heels, a blonde wig, and had stuffed a bra with high heels. He was eating beer sandwiches and me and Jared Padalecki were like...That's so pointless? You're just making the bread soggy? And then Jensen started taking out the high heels from his bra and chasing after us and throwing them at us.

- This clothelesss dude went to this park and there was this big building and he thought that there was a president of England and he wanted to be the president or smth so he started screaming and axing the door down. (I was like 8 when I had this dream so he looked like a Ken doll) This duckling was talking to me and it wanted me to do something for me and it was crying and it got mad at me bc I didn't do what it wanted. There was this alien stuck in a wall and I couldn't open the door bc it's head was in the way, and there was this talking phone charger and I did a backflip and the PG tips monkey took me to court. Also I got in this red sports car with this random dude that kinda looked like young Josh Peck but Spanish and we drove through a wall trying to time travel.

- I was this dude from this show I used to watch when I was little, and I kept walking into the road to get hit by this car and I had a grandma and she was just sitting on a rocking chair watching me as I walked in front of the car over and over.

- I had two mouths and this person that looked like Hillary Clinton with a lizard tail was chasing after me.

- I also had one where I was lying on this hospital bed in this meadow and I woke up next to this girl and I was like no don't lift the bedsheets off of her and she was like a massive fetus... And then this thing like the girl from the ring but a massive blobfish for a head started to chase me.

- I was doing some hardcore ballet and I accidentally kicked this guy in the head and his head deflated like a football. I panicked and hid his body on a shoe rack.

- I went to this shop, but they wouldn't let me in, so I pretended my legs were broken and my friends pushed me around in a wheelbarrow. I tried to steal stuff and this nurse got angry at me and threw me out and I looked at this like sewer skate park thing and this massive caterpillar (like literally giant) was in the skate park slope sewer thing and it was just writhing around and changing colours.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click