Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing After Latest Patch (FIXED)

IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
edited October 2016 in Mac - Technical Discussions
My game was running just fine before the latest patch, and now it won't go past the Sims 4 logo before crashing. Is anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Comments

• IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Turning off Origin in game seems to have fixed it. :)
  • justsayEllenjustsayEllen Posts: 7 New Member
    I have the same problem! But turning off Origin in game doesn't work for me.. :( Help?!
  • ImaniTerryImaniTerry Posts: 24 Member
    Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:a69d8f94:00000069:00000000]

This is the code I keep getting before it crashes. I had laptop mode turned off because of the oblique windows. Mine went oblique regardless where i placed them (so, not just on Pools). I figured if they fixed the pool windows, regular windows would be fixed too. So after the update, I opened my game normally, put on some lot traits and turned on Laptop mode again. (The game runs laggy with it off but not as bad has having all my windows obliqued Lol). So it asks you to restart the game after changing graphic settings... i did. Now I can't get the game to open passed the title screen. Like as soon as the music starts I get and the "Unable to Start" error. I play Vanilla, no mods or cc.

I have the latest MacBook running macOS Sierra 10.12
  • ImaniTerryImaniTerry Posts: 24 Member
    ImaniTerry wrote: »
    Unable to start:

[135dec40:a69d8f94:00000069:00000000]

This is the code I keep getting before it crashes. I had laptop mode turned off because of the oblique windows. Mine went oblique regardless where i placed them (so, not just on Pools). I figured if they fixed the pool windows, regular windows would be fixed too. So after the update, I opened my game normally, put on some lot traits and turned on Laptop mode again. (The game runs laggy with it off but not as bad has having all my windows obliqued Lol). So it asks you to restart the game after changing graphic settings... i did. Now I can't get the game to open passed the title screen. Like as soon as the music starts I get and the "Unable to Start" error. I play Vanilla, no mods or cc.

I have the latest MacBook running macOS Sierra 10.12

So Turning off Origin in-game worked! Lol. Thank you OP!
    I asked EA support on Twitter:
    'Hi Ellen, when launching the game press any key to bypass the intro launcher videos, this should get you through to the main menu. -Dennis'

This worked for me!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I tried hitting the key and it still went black after I got to the Sims 4 screen.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Try clicking or pressing any game key to bypass the intro videos that play, this should prevent the "Unable to start" error.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I did it finally worked but now I can't get my mods back in the game they don't show up.
  • MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    @candy8 @justsayEllen which game key did you use? i've tried a few and I cannot get them it to work.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @candy8 I think patches disable mods, so make sure you've enabled them again.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am sorry to see that some are having problems after the patch, I know how that goes since I have lost so many creations and such in the Sims 4 already, I just hope I do not lose any more after City Living shows up, I am happy that this time the patch did not mess My game up though, again sorry to those who has game messed up.
  • mimifacemimiface Posts: 5 New Member
    So me and my brother both updated sims 4 at different times we had just downloaded mods the night before and he started the game at first and it worked but, it wouldn't let him enable his script mods so our first instinct was that the update somehow cleared the mods so he removed the mods, repaired the game and then he started the game and it said:
    "Unable to start:

[135dec40:a69d8f94:00000069:00000000]"

so he figured it wasn't working and he probably had to install and reinstall the whole game so as he was, his hotspot is almost running out and we have no wifi at the moment, so he isn't able to redownload the whole game right now. well I figured since I also have mods I shouldn't update but it would not let me play unless I did, so I updated it using all of my own hotspot, and it worked at first mods and all but I could not save the game and gave me an error code. so I repaired it and it gave me the same "Initialization error at start up" as when my brother updated it and I decided to restart my macbook but it still is giving me the same error. I have no clue what to do and I saw that everyone is having these same issues, all I wanna know is how to fix it, any suggestions???
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @mimiface

As others have already reported in this thread, clicking any key to bypass the intro video is a workaround for this issue. EA are aware of it.
    apple-signature.png
  • MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    @BluebellFlora if that's the known way to fix it why doesn't that work for me?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    MooseGoose wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora if that's the known way to fix it why doesn't that work for me?

No idea, it's working for everyone else. Are you getting the exact same error message?

apple-signature.png
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hi all,

We just released a small game update for Mac users that should resolve the initialization error.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Worked for me, thanks! c: