Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it patch day today?

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    It's patch day! Pre-expansion patches are usually the biggest! I hope that we get more than lot traits and loads of bug fixes, I'm excited to see what they'll add!

I'm excited as well I just hope this patch doesn't break anything. Patches this big tend to.

Nervous. It would be nice to be wrong, but I expect whole-sale mod/cc destruction, later today.

And Deaderpool's posted to MC comments he's going out of town for the weekend, done deal we won't see updated MC before Sunday at the earliest (Monday more likely), unless we get REALLY lucky and this update is just a burp.

I don't expect us to get that lucky.

But it'll be good to know, one way or the other.

Remember Relationship Decay? Save your game file to your desktop before you patch. I'mjustsayin. ;)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    any idea when, I just took my mods folder out. and it's now 1pm British time.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    any idea when, I just took my mods folder out. and it's now 1pm British time.

Usually anywhere between 10am and noon Pacific time -- it's currently 5 am (I couldn't get back to sleep so got up to do some computering) so about 5 hours or so to go.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited October 2016
    If it's 10am California time (usually, right?), that's still 5 hours away. I don't expect it till then, or 1pm Eastern.

If you don't know how your time relates to Pacific time, here's help:

http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    Eeep I just realized today is Thursday!! Super excited for patch day! Though I won't get to play till I get off work tonight... *sigh*

Out of curiosity, do we know for sure that lot traits are being patched in? Either way I hope it's a big patch. Bug fixes would be so very welcome.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Eeep I just realized today is Thursday!! Super excited for patch day! Though I won't get to play till I get off work tonight... *sigh*

Out of curiosity, do we know for sure that lot traits are being patched in? Either way I hope it's a big patch. Bug fixes would be so very welcome.

We know that some will be at some point, but not when. I would assume it would be this patch, though, since the system is complete.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member

We know that some will be at some point, but not when. I would assume it would be this patch, though, since the system is complete.
    Awesome! Thanks :)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    so another three hours then, well I'm off to play the Hospital game then, I don't want to put sims on only to have to turn it off later.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Not out yet, just tried :)
    Patches are released 1pm EST:)
    It's 9:50AM EST right now. Just wait a little bit longer:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    why can't they realise the patche at midnight 12:00 am that way all we would have to
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Aww, so a patch today. I wonder what will be in it and if some issues are fixed.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It's patch day! Pre-expansion patches are usually the biggest! I hope that we get more than lot traits and loads of bug fixes, I'm excited to see what they'll add!

I'm excited as well I just hope this patch doesn't break anything. Patches this big tend to.

Nervous. It would be nice to be wrong, but I expect whole-sale mod/cc destruction, later today.

And Deaderpool's posted to MC comments he's going out of town for the weekend, done deal we won't see updated MC before Sunday at the earliest (Monday more likely), unless we get REALLY lucky and this update is just a burp.

I don't expect us to get that lucky.

But it'll be good to know, one way or the other.

Remember Relationship Decay? Save your game file to your desktop before you patch. I'mjustsayin. ;)

Mods breaking is always what I'm most terrified of. :# I guess I may be lucky that I won't be able to play that much this weekend, so maybe most mods will be updated by then.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oooh we could be getting the rumoured World-Editing tool in the patch today, I hope we are! :smiley:
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    edited October 2016
    Does anyone have any idea what time the patch will be out today? I live in the UK. xoxo

EDIT: Never mind! Read only the first page like a noob! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    It should be released in just a little over an hour now!!

Does anyone know if the new traits will be in the patch or if those are only available with the EP?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Does anyone have any idea what time the patch will be out today? I live in the UK. xoxo

I think anywhere between 6 and 8pm, in case you're still unsure. :)

I think anywhere between 6 and 8pm, in case you're still unsure. :)

Thanks! :) Have a happy day! xoxo
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    So today is patch day? I'm slightly confused what to expect out of it. IF we were to get traits from this patch would that only apply to the new world or can we use them in our existing worlds?
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    So today is patch day? I'm slightly confused what to expect out of it. IF we were to get traits from this patch would that only apply to the new world or can we use them in our existing worlds?

I doubt the two known new traits, vegetarian and unflirty, will come in patch - they'll come with the new EP. As for any other new traits, who knows! :)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • SimMicha88SimMicha88 Posts: 84 Member
    You can use lot traits in any world.
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    SimMicha88 wrote: »
    You can use lot traits in any world.

Woops! Thought you meant CAS traits :)

Yes, any new lot traits they add in the patch will be available in any world you own and any lot you build. :)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Approx. 40 mins 'til patch time :)
    How I feel... (waiting for the patch)

Mixing metaphors and movies, but cue "Jaws" music, too... :smiley:

ilkk5l.jpg
  • lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    2.11gb patch updating now..
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    lilacksb wrote: »
    2.11gb patch updating now..

I was just noticing how big it is! Exciting! :)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam