Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foolish, hair-brained things our sims do

Apparently your sims can set fireworks off indoors... Yeah, I had my Sim buy a firecracker pack at the market and go home and I set up the command for him to light one. Then I watched him go inside-
"What are you doing? Where are you going? OH MY GOD!"
And he managed to set the house on fire. Fortunately nobody was harmed but still. Why would he do that!

What are the foolish or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 things your sims do?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Playing with the sprinkler during the winter in deep snow. One of the first autonomy mods I got was to disable sims from autonomously playing with the sprinkler because of that.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    My Various Sims have been invited to more than one Pool party not only held in the middle of winter but also at sims houses with no visible pool! Since I bought the rock climbing wall and basketball hoop my sims also love playing with those in the middle of winter!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have had teens go trick or treating during the spring, during random week nights.

I also laugh how in Bridgeport a Sim would get a taxi to the subway station, get a train and then a taxi from the next subway station when they could have just got a taxi all the way ;) I do love the daft oversights sometimes! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I can't tell you how many times I did this in TS1. Look it up on YouTube, pure chaos.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    My spellcaster sim used to try and fire off the Sunlight and Love charms on herself and random sims, I put a stop to that with the NRaas Retuner mod, both to save her magic and to avoid unintended romances on herself (protecting her marriage relationship).

Also some times the dog will dig things up inside the house, I just wonder how is she able to do that and still get a rare item.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    @Modsey - having raised 3 boys, I can assure you this is not an activity that only hare-brained sims engage in! Had to replace the carpet...
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited November 2015
    Let's see:
    • Actually attending 'swimwear' parties with no pool and in the middle of winter.
    • Using a Chemistry set inside the house capable of setting you on fire.
    • Lighting a fireplace with no protective screen, over carpet.
    • Watching television, playing on a computer, reading a book, until you wet yourself or you're about to pass out when you have to go to work the next day. Yes, I know some people will do these things, but that doesn't mean they're not foolish.
    • Feeding wild animals. Sorry, but I remember the bear from The Sims 2!
    • Taking a taxi to go 2 blocks.
    • Dropping the rubbish in the middle of the floor if something is in your way too long.
    • Flirting/accepting flirting with/from someone else to the point of touching/kissing, directly in front of your current partner.
    • Skinny dipping in a community pool (so long as there aren't children present).
    • Carrying your pet snake, chipmunk or bird around in your pocket for hours on end and in some cases, sleeping with it in your pocket.
    • Cooking new food despite having numerous sets of leftovers in the fridge.
    • Cooking pie for breakfast.
    • Standing there for over 1 sim hour watching a pet play with a toy and still finding it funny.
    • When you know you're about to get struck by lightning, you just stand there (yes, I know this is programming) rather than actually running for cover.
    • Telling a burglar to 'Wait by the Car' because...yeah...sure they will!

EDIT: Thought of a few more things!
    • Eating a putrid meal and just making a disgusted noise, but continuing on none the less (they don't all do this).
    • Wetting yourself openly in the middle of a party, the park, a pub, club or lounge or just out on the street and then continuing on like nothing is wrong.
    • Starting a lengthy conversation, flirtation, dancing or other activity in front of a community object (the fridge, toilet etc) and not moving.
    • Complaining about your pet being in front of something so you can't possibly use it, rather than shooing them away. Unfortunately they'll only shoo an animal off of a bed.
    • Burglars again. Randomly spinning a wish to 'Chat' to your burglar or 'Invite [them] Over'.
    • Standing there just watching a burglar freak out about your alarm (if they're not brave) and calmly waiting with them for the police.

This is what I can think of now, but I'm sure I can think of more!
    Post edited by MiyuEmi on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Let's see:
    • Telling a burglar to 'Wait by the Car' because...yeah...sure they will!

This is what I can think of now, but I'm sure I can think of more!

Don't get me started or the burglars! I had one steal a bath tub (of course, that is easy to steal) and when the police arrived they walked right past the burglar who made an escape only for the police to tell me that 'they couldn't catch them' :|
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    Two more dumb things sims do, and these result in unnecessary routing fails:

Waiting to use the bathroom when the other sim is clear across town heading to it, and the one waiting is right next to it.

Insisting on taking a particular path to something when someone or something is in the way, instead of going around.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited November 2015
    Wanting to throw pool parties in the winter, putting the infants on the floor, taking a nap at night when they're sleepy instead of just going to bed. Coming into daycare and grabbing other Sims kids, then the other kid mom's complains. Getting into the pool when it's cold outside.
  • sims4016sims4016 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim wanted to go to the summer festival, in the middle of the winter. It wasn't even a festival day.
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Putting the baby in the snow.

This happens in my game every winter, no matter what sim. And then I have to try to find where they buried it and make them go get it..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

This happens in my game every winter, no matter what sim. And then I have to try to find where they buried it and make them go get it..

That actually made me laugh xD
    Bull riding in a bathingsuit??? Jade decided to try her luck on the bull, these screenshots crack me up!Screenshot-302_zps1mzoonkr.jpg
    Screenshot-301_zpsxzxpu61a.jpg
    Screenshot-300_zpsyvuekxfg.jpg
    @Charlottesmom I laughed at the second photo. Her facial expression is priceless!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I laughed at the second photo. Her facial expression is priceless!

I posted a thread about her bullride, it seriously had me cracking up!
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

Or they put a puppy or kitten down in the snow!
  • ThatAwkwardSimmerThatAwkwardSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    Being late for school because they're too busy eating breakfast. :D
    FlawlessFirstBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Dragging children out of school to scold them for being late for school. Then keeping them out to do time out. Thereby missing school entirely for the day. Then scolding them and grounding them for missing school - and so on....

I got a mod to fix that one.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "Ah, that was a nice shower! I feel so fresh and clean. What should I do now? I know - I'll go rummage in the trash!" :D
    edited October 2016
    Delivering a paper or dropping off a university bucket apparently enables you to go swimming in the occupants pool.
    The way they deal with travelling in town or in vacation lots generally, particularly in Bridgeport. Taxi to the subway, subway, taxi out of the subway...just take the taxi the whole way please.
    Stopping everything you're doing because your wet dog has just shook himself off downstairs.
    Stopping everything (including going to feed your starving baby), to watch your cat play with a toy. I need a mod for this one again!
    Flirting openly with someone else while your partner is standing right there.
    My favourite recently. "Oh my wedding, what a great day, I'm in my beautiful dress and...I'm going to work out on the dance floor". Athletic sims...
    Attempting to pull a prank in front of a parent.
    Putting your baby/toddler on the floor in the middle of the night or in front of their cake for their birthday.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    I had a sim miss work because she was scolding her son for being late to school.
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Something I always find really foolish is how some sims manage to set their birthday cakes on fire... Somehow, from blowing out candles to the next second the whole table went up in flames e.e

Luckily dad is a firefighter!
    20jfdjr.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had a sim start a fire in their house once when I first started because I didn't think of removing the stove and that sim didn't have any cooking skill.I also had free will on high so they decided to start cooking mac and cheese instead of the salad I was trying to tell them to prepare and the stove caught on fire.I ended up turning free will down and sold the stove when I reloaded to before the sim started to cook.They ended up making salad that time because they didn't have a stove and I had turned free will down.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    This one just happened to me in my last game play. My sim was in China on her adventure and it just turned Fall (Autumn) there. Well back home it's in the middle of winter. She rolled the want to go ice skating and visit the Winter Festival while in China. lol And once she returned home she then rolled the want to visit the terracotta army.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!