Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimLit Celebrations and Discussions

AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
simlit-celebrations-and-discussion.png
Do you love SimLit?

Do you want a place to discuss fan favorites?

Do you like the idea of sharing what's on your SimLit reading list lately?

Then this discussion thread is for you! I was thinking recently about how much I love SimLit and I wanted a place to share my enthusiasm and passion for the game and subsequent stories. I started this idea on my blog, and then a fellow Simming friend recommended starting a thread on the forums.

Come and join us on once a month (or really any day) for SimLit parties!
  • Talk about your favorite SimLit stories and share what it means to you
  • Write a quick positive, uplifting review to encourage a fellow SimLit writer
  • Found a great one-liner (or 2 or 3) that really resonates with you? Post it here and tell us why.
  • Share a funny, inspirational, or meaningful screenshot or picture from someone's story or your own game.
  • Share your experiences and observations with writing SimLit and playing the Sims and how this connects to/impacts your life

If you write a post on your blog/Simblr about any of the above topics, be sure to link here. We'd love to read these posts and support you! This is an outlet to celebrate creativity, storytelling, and the Sims whatever version(s) you might have.

If you would like to help organize/lead discussions, please let me know. Also I would love for someone to create a logo

:) Happy Simming!

March 2018 Celebrations of SimLit:
@swcheppes Super Dating
@flutegirl_132's Entangled Among the Branches
@RainbowPlumbob's Echo: The Lost Dancer
@Adamseve1231 Livin' A Simmin' Life
@LegacySims2017 Jungle Ruin

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
My Worldbuilding Blog
Simblr
My Sims Pinterest
Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Yay! I'm so glad this is here!

@AdamsEve1231 I would like to share with you that reading your Colt Family Traitacy made my week last week! I spent many mornings in a row with this family, and the story made my day! I love the characters, and I love their strange lives and choices!

Reading can play such an important role in our lives! For me, it helps me balance out the way my brain works, pulling the chemistry into order and helping me feel relaxed, stimulated, and structured, all at once! And your story, being so well written, did this so well! What joy!

Thank you for writing it!

And I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves a good read with interesting, complex characters and a gripping, engaging plot!

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Awww.... thanks @CathyTea. You made my night! :)

Reading helps me relax too. On that note, I want to add that your line about a fireplace and a thick novel of Dickens in your Whisper story inspired me to take myself on a date, curl up by a fireplace in a coffee shop, and read my thick novel of O. Henry. For my graduate school class, I am required to take myself on "artist's dates" as part of an assignment to build in "moments of rest" in my busy life, to nurture my spirit and give myself some soul care, and to nurture the artist within in whatever artsy way I'd like - so this week I chose reading. I love this class btw. I'll probably share more about it later here and on my blog.

That being said, my "Artist Date" with myself was inspired by CathyTea's story.

Whisper is a delightful TS3 ISBI challenge story by CathyTea following the wonderful adventures of her Simself. I am always so refreshed after reading this story because Cathy reminds me to pay attention to the things that really matter, to nurture my inner thought life, and to stop and smell the roses, enjoying the little things in life. I'd highly recommend this story too.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i have no idea if i'm doing this right.

i like reading about kass .shes funny and entertaining . and i still have the image of her yelling at the fountain in my head . thank you for writing it. i also reccomend the kass stories to anyone who wants a entaining story with a few suprises.
    You're absolutely doing this right, @friendsfan367. Anyone who wants to write about Sims stories they enjoy are welcome here. You can also share about your experiences writing SimLit and playing the game and how it relates to life. I, for one, would love to hear how writing the Benders has impacted your life and how you've grown as a writer, because I've witnessed this process somewhat and it's awesome! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    You're absolutely doing this right, @friendsfan367. Anyone who wants to write about Sims stories they enjoy are welcome here. You can also share about your experiences writing SimLit and playing the game and how it relates to life. I, for one, would love to hear how writing the Benders has impacted your life and how you've grown as a writer, because I've witnessed this process somewhat and it's awesome! :)

well i cry more. as you know i wasn't intending to write about divorce. and i guess the impact is it sometimes it takes me a few days and posts to get everything right ,and because i never experienced divorce personnally so i want to take more time and get things right.

well i cry more. as you know i wasn't intending to write about divorce. and i guess the impact is it sometimes it takes me a few days and posts to get everything right ,and because i never experienced divorce personnally so i want to take more time and get things right.

Aww... that's awesome. I think it's good and healthy you let yourself cry. Sometimes I think people often get told not to cry and to shy away from painful subjects, but I love how so many Simmers are writing beautiful stories that move us to tears and are writing about painful and difficult things like divorce and trauma. I love how we take SimLit seriously because it has meaning and purpose to us and we hope others will share in that too.

I haven't personally been divorced, but I'm a child of divorced parents and let me just say all the stuff that you're writing @friendsfan367 is so authentic and the pain feels real and these are things that people need to talk about and deal with and admit to. The next part is under spoilers because I don't want to reveal details about the story for those who haven't read it yet.
    I especially liked the chapter where Ayden admitted his side of the story and why he cheated and what it felt like to be cheated on. For him to admit all those things is so courageous and beautiful and inspiring. We need to confront our deepest, darkest selves and the pain and the ugly and the mess to truly live and heal and move on. Ayden is doing this and that is inspiring. :)

How about others of you? How has SimLit inspired you? How has SimLit helped you process emotions? What stories have you resonated with and why?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    P.S. @friendsfan367 Thank you for all the kind things you said about Kass. I appreciate it. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Aww... that's awesome. I think it's good and healthy you let yourself cry. Sometimes I think people often get told not to cry and to shy away from painful subjects, but I love how so many Simmers are writing beautiful stories that move us to tears and are writing about painful and difficult things like divorce and trauma. I love how we take SimLit seriously because it has meaning and purpose to us and we hope others will share in that too.

I haven't personally been divorced, but I'm a child of divorced parents and let me just say all the stuff that you're writing @friendsfan367 is so authentic and the pain feels real and these are things that people need to talk about and deal with and admit to. The next part is under spoilers because I don't want to reveal details about the story for those who haven't read it yet.
    I especially liked the chapter where Ayden admitted his side of the story and why he cheated and what it felt like to be cheated on. For him to admit all those things is so courageous and beautiful and inspiring. We need to confront our deepest, darkest selves and the pain and the ugly and the mess to truly live and heal and move on. Ayden is doing this and that is inspiring. :)

How about others of you? How has SimLit inspired you? How has SimLit helped you process emotions? What stories have you resonated with and why?

Right now, I'm incredibly inspired by @DeiraShadeweaver .... it's funny, because my Goofy Love inspired her to write her new TS4 legacy in a "Simmers' Commentary" rambling style, and her style is inspiring me to start a new section of my blog called "Author's Notes." I really miss having a place where I can share all the thoughts I have about life while Simming, the way I did in Goofy Love, so I'm hoping this new section does that for me...

I'm also very inspired by her other stories, too.

And I'm inspired by @Thymeless 's stories, also.

My list will get very long very soon, so I'm going to stop here for now (because I've got a chapter to post before bed) and then come back another time to talk about how @friendsfan367 inspires me and to also share about how SimLit helps me process emotions...

Great topics!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    P.S. @friendsfan367 Thank you for all the kind things you said about Kass. I appreciate it. :)

your welcome kass is the benders 10 years from now what i mean is she went through what the benders are strugling with now and she now sees things differnt then the night it started. and i actually started reading kass before ayden went and shocked me. so without kass i might not have had the courage to try. hopefully that makes sense because i haven;t had coffee yet
    @friendsfan367 Oh wow! *blushes* I feel honored that Kass inspired you and helped you feel courageous. Thank you! This just made my day! Probably my week! :)<3

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2016
    @friendsfan367 Oh wow! *blushes* I feel honored that Kass inspired you and helped you feel courageous. Thank you! This just made my day! Probably my week! :)<3

:)
  • KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2016
    So happy I found this thread! I love discussing other people's stories :) I'm on my phone but will pop back in tomorrow when I get home to spread some Sunday Simlit love.
    banner.png
    edited December 2016
    For today's (very late) Sunday SimLit Celebration, I would love for us to share our favorite spookiest, scariest, or Halloween-themed SimLit stories. What about the stories were scary or spooky (i.e. language choice, theme, pictures, etc)? I shared my spooky/creepy/scary stories here in this post on my WP, but I'll tag all the authors/stories I can below so you know who I mentioned.

@MedleyMisty In the Valley of the Sun and Surreal Darkness
    @RipuAncestor The Chrysanthemum Tango
    @JLBDreamer Wild Hearts: Wilder Vampiracy
    @InfraGreen Eight Cicadas
    @rednenemon Racket Rotter Chronicles
    @CitizenErased14 (Para) Normal Neighborhood

This Week's Mentioned Stories:
    @CathyTea Shift and A Bookworm's Vadish
    @Munterbacon My Life as a Zombie
    @Thymeless You've Got Me Under Your Skin
    @CitizenErased14 Dust to Dust and Ashes to Ashes
    @Kittybit Love, Jacob
    @Jes2G's Delicious Dishes & Dreams, Balderdash, Discovering Juliana, and Alyana Meets Her Match
    @VIRTUALEE Dining Drama
    @Adamseve1231 Supposed to Be
    @xJojox Fine Lines
    @Jellysimwich Life Is
    @pammiechick Disorder
    @MedleyMisty Because Death Would Not Stop for Seth
    @Maladi777 The Heffner Legacy
    @JoieWilder The Thoreau Legacy
    @ThePlumbob The Bloomer Legacy

Others mentioned (but I don't know if they're on the forums):
    Amandralynn - Hunt Family Legacy
    SimStoriesbyRachel - Edith Prescott Mystery Series
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Ooh, cool! I'll try to pop back in tomorrow to share my scary stories!

For today, I actually did write a SimLit celebration in conjunction with the Short Story Challenge. In it, I mention some of the stories I especially loved during the past year and three months of the challenge. A Bookworm's Vadish

I haven't read any of the spooky stories yet. I am honestly the BIGGEST wuss ever, so I am freaked out by horror stuff. if any of them are more light hearted, please feel free to let me know which one, and I will read them! I just tend to stay away from Halloween stories because I honestly might not be able to sleep if I get spooked for real. I'm a big baby. :D

On the non-spooky side of things, I am absolutely crazy about @CathyTea s Shift. Not only is it based on a challenge that is new and interesting, but it's well written and I love how realistic Jenny's thoughts and views on life can be, despite being so young. I also didn't know the story would contain gender idenity, which was such a nice discovery. It's a topic that isn't necessarily touched on a lot, and I love that she's taking on such an important topic. I have a friend who's gender is fluctuating, so this is just such a great read to me. During a recent conversation, I learned that she takes her cues from in-game development, which I am also excited about. I love that it is not only Cathy's own writing and story telling that will let me get to know Jenny, but also actual game play. I just love love love Shift and wanted to spread some love.
    banner.png
    @Kittybit Try @CitizenErased14's (Para)Normal Neighborhood. It isn't scary at all. Fun, lighthearted, humorous, and a lovely main character and a unique portrayal of supernaturals in the Sims world.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thank you so much for the shoutout @AdamsEve1231 ! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Sounds great, thank you @AdamsEve1231

And hi @CitizenErased14 :) Looks like I will be paying your story a visit.
    banner.png
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @kittybit - definitely worth the look. I love @CitizenErased14 's stories.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited October 2016
    I second that. (para)normal is one of my favourite stories along with my life as a zombie by @munterbacon even though its been discontinued its still worth reading. Sorry cant provide links as i'm on my phone
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

You're all correct! I just read the first two chapters and it is so, so good. So happy I was pointed in this direction. Plus, now I can participate in @AdamsEve1231 s discussion, although Sunday has passed by now, so I am tardy.
    banner.png
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

Thanks for the shoutout. :)

Although I can't help but be worried, given the chapters you've chosen. If you think those chapters are scary,
    wait until you start Arc 3. :worried:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thank you @xJojox :blush: I'm glad you are enjoying my stories too! And thanks for following PNN, @Kittybit !

In terms of spooky stories, @Thymeless wrote an excellent short story for Halloween that was well written and had wonderfully creepy screenshots! I'm on my phone so I don't have a link handy, but Thymeless, feel free to quote my comment and link to your story :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @CitizenErased14 after i finished dust to dust, I started ashes to ashes.