Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    I hope this isn't hinting toward the end of the store... First the DDs resetting, then MMAO & sale pages, now points...
    <3
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    I hope not! :(

Drat, I got caught up cleaning the house and ended up missing Serenity Retreat! </3 I'm getting very bad at remembering to buy the things I want, I should probably start setting alarms...

Also my SP from this morning still aren't showing.
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I was so excited. The motherboard came in for the system I'm building. But I was too excited and was careless installing it... and broke it. I broke the fracking motherboard! So, another delay, and $90 out the window. Oh well. Onward and upward.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    I was so excited. The motherboard came in for the system I'm building. But I was too excited and was careless installing it... and broke it. I broke the fracking motherboard! So, another delay, and $90 out the window. Oh well. Onward and upward.

I'm sorry to hear that! :(
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited October 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »

that is awful luck I'm excitable myself and have done similar such things wish you the best of luck replacing it

hi everyone else

edit just realised i need a new banner lol ignore it lol

edit2 ok banner changed lol
    Post edited by rionismyname on
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    At least I nabbed Atomic Age for free.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @kellycot1, are the checkboxes in the Simdex supposed to be linked? Like if I check the set in the beginning, should they be checked further in? I'm wondering if I just need a better PDF viewer.

EDIT: Found directions. Gonna look for a better PDF reader (on my Mac or try on my Android tablet)
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Here is the list for the current deal and for the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

250 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 113 / 450 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 250, # 188, # 621, # 464)

251 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Just A Hare Carousel Spring Rider / 32 / 122 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

252 ) Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection / 406 / 1540 / 74% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 514 but less than # 393)

253 ) 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Heel / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

254 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 400 / 401 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 428, # 137)

255 ) Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Buccaneer's Bounty; The Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure; Quaint Cottage Collection

256 ) Animal Friends Ceiling Lamp / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

257 ) Tiki Living Room Set / 152 / 220 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 475 but less than # 301)

258 ) Regal Living Dining Room Set / 230 / 244 / 6% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 753)

259 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Towel Stackomatic / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 564)

260 ) Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit / 19 / 41 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

261 ) Indulgent Living / 420 / 990 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 724, # 702, # 685)

262 ) Tight Tee / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Runway Riot
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 974)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. I switched web browsers and still was not getting any credit for ads. While the points are usually credited immediately, I do remember the odd time having to wait hours before the points were added.

@Me1620, thank you for letting me know! Now let me ask, are you still playing the ads anyway in hopes that the SP will be added later?

@JovialJoy - The points are still not registering for me, and as I see from other posts, other people too. I have clicked on a few ads but I am not going to play many.
    JennyferLx wrote: »
    I hope this isn't hinting toward the end of the store... First the DDs resetting, then MMAO & sale pages, now points...
    @JennyferLx - I doubt it is the end. This is not the first time the store website has had major problems. Each time we are all worried this is the end. However, given the launch of Battlefield 1, I don't expect Sims 3 is getting much attention right now.

@JoeJude16 - I am so sorry to hear about your motherboard problems. At least you are in control of that one, unlike our ability to fix the store website. ;)

@rionismyname - Nice new sparkly banner.

@JovialJoy - I wish I could give advice about the Best of 2012 compilation. Back when CYS was introduced, there was lots of discussion about the compilations. Have you read the info about that compilation on page 1? There is also information about it in LadybugLeslie's cascade thread.

ETA - I was just able to send a gift so that is functioning again. As for my purchase history, I was frustrated with seeing the blue circle spinning and spinning and I clicked on it - my purchase history showed up. Now if only all those ad points register.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    I wish I could give advice about the Best of 2012 compilation. Back when CYS was introduced, there was lots of discussion about the compilations. Have you read the info about that compilation on page 1? There is also information about it in LadybugLeslie's cascade thread.

Doh! Even though I have that thread open in my tabs, I totally spaced checking out the information there. Thanks for the reminder! <3 That provided me with the insight I needed.

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yay! I'm now set up to get Le Cirque Espirit with a Green Download button at DD #324. (I'm looking further ahead now, @JoeJude16. ;) ) And I just picked up Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection with a Green Download button! B)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hi everyone! Has anyone PM'd @simgurudrake or started a thread re the simpoint issue? Maybe she will see this tag in among her zillion tags that must show up each day.

I've not been around much lately, but awesome to come back from lurking and see so many notifications from this thread just like the old days! Lovely to see so many still want to own the store and see some old friends popping by.
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    I doubt it is the end. This is not the first time the store website has had major problems. Each time we are all worried this is the end. However, given the launch of Battlefield 1, I don't expect Sims 3 is getting much attention right now.
    I hope you're right, I only just got into TS3 a few months ago!

My SP still hasn't increased since yesterday, well over 24 hours now.
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    For me, the weekly sale page always updates around 12:00 noon Eastern Time so I've been checking the site on Wednesdays at that time and, unfortunately, it looks like there is no new sale posted and nothing has been fixed :( (I have all the same issues as everyone else: no MMAO, no change in sales except there were new sales after 10.12.16 for like two hours, and now no increase in SP.)

@Me1620 When the site has been down in the past, has it taken them weeks/months to fix it? Just curious.
  • Options
    For me, the weekly sale page always updates around 12:00 noon Eastern Time so I've been checking the site on Wednesdays at that time and, unfortunately, it looks like there is no new sale posted and nothing has been fixed :( (I have all the same issues as everyone else: no MMAO, no change in sales except there were new sales after 10.12.16 for like two hours, and now no increase in SP.)

@Me1620 When the site has been down in the past, has it taken them weeks/months to fix it? Just curious.

@Dame_Judi_Dench - First, I neglected to welcome you when you first posted. So, welcome to the DD thread. Past problems with the site have taken weeks to fix. It was not long ago that our My Pages and the Exchange were inaccessible.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Has anyone PM'd @simgurudrake or started a thread re the simpoint issue?

@bekkasan - Hi! Good to see another old friend unlurking. I don't know if @simgurudrake was sent a pm but I know she has been tagged in other threads. A few on this thread have been in contact with customer service. There are so many issues with the site. I don't know why it needed maintenance, but should site maintenance leave the site in worse condition than before the work was done?

• Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I tried again contacting customer service, this time with Twitter. I got Lars and when I told him about all the problems he said, "Wow not cool. Let me try to find out what's going on there." And that was 6 hours ago. If he gets back to me, which could be a while since apparently there are issues with the new Battlefield game, I'll let you know what I'm told. Hopefully he can tell me if the issue is a bad one or if it is just not as high a priority because of the other, newer games.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I'm very interested to hear the news. I didn't even know you could use Twitter for this kind of questions too!
    As for DD stalking, got the front row center bedroom for 35 sp :)
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Most major game companies have a support account dedicated to helping customers and notifying them of problems. And awesome about the set, @Hoplass! I managed to finally grab Waning Moon yesterday for 25 sp and got Atomic Age for 5 for yay!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    @Tamaek - Thanks so much for keeping customer service informed about the problems. Hopefully Lars will get some action done.

You deserve some cookies for your perseverance :cookie::cookie::cookie:

I agree with you that the launch of Battlefield 1 is a higher priority for EA and all their resources may be directed for the new release. Brings back memories of the release of SimCity 5.

• Options
    @Me1620, thanks for the reassurance and perspective. Knowing that there is a new game launch definitely makes the prospect of our lower priority reasonable.

When going through the Simdex I noticed the Plasmatron TV that only came with the Full Bayside Set. I knew I had all the Bayside components, but didn't remember a TV. So I searched the store and sure enough I'd never actually "bought" the Full Bayside Set. So I scored another TV. Cuz, you know, I didn't have enough to choose from. B)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @JoeJude16 - A few of the older Full Sets have some items not included in their subsets. Don't forget to keep an eye on the Featured Looks too.

After I finish reinstalling the store items following Ciane's method, I will be using the Simdex again to check if all the items in the set were installed and function. I used it before and I do find items in the Simdex that I did not notice.

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Wow, I'm so excited to be hearing about so many people using the Simdex! Thank you all for trying it and helping me improve it. :smiley:

As for @JoeJude16, I see you found the Simdex instructions—the PDF readers can be very picky! I build everything in Adobe Acrobat and so I generally recommend Adobe Reader (since those are obviously compatible), but I'm not sure what is available on Mac or Android. I've tried out a few PDF reader programs on my tablet/laptop and have found the usability of the Simdex functions varies widely, but there are definitely programs other than Adobe Reader that can take advantage of checkboxes (which are technically "forms"), links, bookmarks and comments.

While I'm playing with the Simdex (and not writing my important conference paper!), I thought I'd identify a few items that are worth noting for those collecting or reinstalling the Store.

Install First/Separately
    • In Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style, the Retro Model T Dining Chair is unroutable when installed as part of the set; the set must be installed and then the chair uninstalled and reinstalled individually (or possibly the chair installed first—can't quite remember if that works!)
    • Some of the Ultra Lounge, Tiki and Hewnsman Living items come with textures that will only install properly if you install the individual items first
    • In Fanciful Fashions & Hairstyles, the Bow Toe shoes must be installed separately (isn't included in the set download)

Broken Items (Fixed with Mods)
    • Some fountains, such as those in Barnacle Bay, should have flowing water but are broken; as far as I remember, there are mods out there to fix this
    • In Lunar Lakes, the Nebula Corporation Chair is really unusual and acts as a dining AND living chair, but it only works with one-tile dining tables (and not two-tile tables, chess tables, desks etc.)
    • In the Loud, Fast, Clash! Bedroom set, The Never Mind the Milk Crates, Here's the Telly item causes routing failure when Sims try to repair, upgrade or tinker with it; fixed by a mod
    • If you have the Origin-al Beats 5000 Stereo as a Origin bonus for Showtime, it causes routing failure when Sims try to repair, upgrade or tinker with it; fixed by a mod
    • If you have the T-Mobile Dock the DJ exclusive item, it causes routing failure when Sims try to repair, upgrade or tinker with it; fixed by a mod
    • In Full Regal Living set, the fence and gates cannot be CAStyled and instead occupy multiple catalogue slots; there are mods to hide the extra items and make the base item recolourable

Easy to Miss Compilation Items
    • Oh My Goth compilation does not come with Multi-Tab item, but the Technophobe No More set does
    • Le Cirque Celebration! comes with Chocolate Fountain, but its individuals sets (Le Cirque Esprit and Nouveau) don't
    • Seeing Stars comes with the Hypnotizer, but Show Stopping Styles does not
    • Final Frontier comes with the Not So Routine Machine, but Futureshock Loft does not
    • Fabulous Fiesta! comes with the deep fryer and ice cream machine, but its individual sets (Haute Hacienda Dining + Kitchen) don't
    • Man Cave compilation comes with the basketball hoop, which is not in its individual sets
    • Happy Halloween: Gory Goodies set does not come with the Witchin' Spring Ride, but the relevant compilation (September 2011) does
    • Full Bayside set comes with a TV and chair that are not in any of the sub-sets
    • Full Storybook set comes with kitchen counters/cabinets that are not in any of the sub-sets
    • Full Regal Living set comes with build items that are not in any of the sub-sets
    • Full Hewnsman set comes with a bench seat that is not in any of the sub-sets

Phew! That's hardly a complete list, but they are good things to keep in mind when buying or installing items. It took me years to work out I never had the Bow Toe shoes installed. :worried:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    is it possible to quote something from one thread to another I'm about to find out lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hi, all. I sent a PM to SimGuruDrake earlier this evening regarding the non-credit of Simpoints. She sent back a PM saying she's reporting it to her team so they can look into it. I think they must be working on it now because I can't get into my MyPage ( Apache TomCat Error ). The store page comes up but I can't access MyPage.
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Well, MyPage is back up but no Simpoint credits. Guess it was just coincidence :/
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top