Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apparently they couldn't be bothered ...

http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

I read these out takes and it comes across to me like they couldn't bothered doing a lot of things. As well as think we're all too stupid to choose between a car train or bus for transport.
I am not so silently judging you.
ASD - I think differently to you.

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

I read these out takes and it comes across to me like they couldn't bothered doing a lot of things. As well as think we're all too plum to choose between a car train or bus for transport.

Yeah, the transportation one was just insulting. However, when you think about how travel is set up which generally requires at least two separate selections (first map screen to select world, then mouse over neighborhood and then select lot), they probably couldn't think of a clean way to do that with a list from clicking an object. Still, that field of white just takes you right out of everything.
    I'm actually curious on how complex the elevator animations would be. They already have a door sliding open (closets) and walking and knocking.
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    They had a year it wasn't like they had three months.

Hmmm, in Sims 3, it did take close to five months between Ambitions and Late Night.

I have a feeling that there are far fewer people on the team at Sims 4, though. That's the only explanation I can think of.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I read it slightly different. Not the player base of the Sims franchise is accused of being d umb. But rather the consumer base that Sims 4 gets developed for is percieved as simple and/or unwilling to put much effort into learning a game ("casual gamers"). That's two different pairs of shoes, actually. This game was never made for "us" and most probably never will be, even though some longtime simmers (like me) cherish it.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

Hmmm, in Sims 3, it did take close to five months between Ambitions and Late Night.

I have a feeling that there are far fewer people on the team at Sims 4, though. That's the only explanation I can think of.
    There is, or at least less people working on EPs. They closed down the other studio that was working on packs, so they're missing a whole other EP team basically.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

There is, or at least less people working on EPs. They closed down the other studio that was working on packs, so they're missing a whole other EP team basically.

... but they also now have a GP team, which they didn't before, and did they have a separate team before that worked on basegame update content?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Then after that we got them at a decent rate. Two or maybe more (can't remember) per year unlike the sims 4 which they focus more on rolling out the stuff packs and sometimes if we are lucky a game pack which is every what 5 months and then if we are really lucky a expansion pack which is probably like every 12 months. It's sad.
    giphy_1.gif
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'm actually curious on how complex the elevator animations would be. They already have a door sliding open (closets) and walking and knocking.

They have an "opening sliding door" animation. For elevators, they'd have to animate the doors themselves, and maybe do it for different height elevators? They can have them walk in, but they have to actually make it look like they're standing in an elevator rather than disappearing a wall since the doors are open. Then determining how many Sims will fit, what to do with those not able to get in, making sure Sims won't have routing issues getting into it, stuff like that I think.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

... but they also now have a GP team, which they didn't before, and did they have a separate team before that worked on basegame update content?
    Felicity mentioned TS3 EPs so I'm not sure if they were asking about the other pack teams. There's still seemingly less people working on EPs than before.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member

They have an "opening sliding door" animation. For elevators, they'd have to animate the doors themselves, and maybe do it for different height elevators? They can have them walk in, but they have to actually make it look like they're standing in an elevator rather than disappearing a wall since the doors are open. Then determining how many Sims will fit, what to do with those not able to get in, making sure Sims won't have routing issues getting into it, stuff like that I think.

I wouldn't even mind if we couldn't see in the elevator , they can just walk in, disappear, while the elevator goes up/down. An elevator is needed in this game, stairs take up way too much room.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited October 2016
    We are too stupid to know how cars and metros would work :) Insult #1. Appearantly graffiti and racoon suits are more important than a functioning elevator :) Insult #2. Elevators are just like stairs :) Insult #3. Yea I mean why add elevators which open and close? THEY ARE COMPLETELY THE SAME AS STAIRS...NOT LIKE THEY SAVE A LOT OF SPACE OR ANYTHING! COMPLETELY THE SAME....WHY EVEN ADD SPIRAL STAIRCASES? COMPLETELY THE SAME AND NOT WORTH SPENDING MONEY ON OR TIME...:) Insult #4. Toddlers...do I really need to talk about them more than I already countlessly did? :) Insult #5

Anything is not worth spending time on and is too expensive :) If so then why even work on making games? Why even work on packs at this point...too expensive...just sell us any empty pack...much cheaper for you guys right? Hold on let me call my boss, I don't want to build houses...too expensive and takes up a lot of time I wanna sit at home. I really like their logic and attitude :)
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Yes but GP's are not the same as EP's Luth, you have commented this before.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All I would need is the doors to open and close. Sims could still disappear just like they do now, I can use my imagination, but the doors would help with that. The elevators can't, or more correctly, won't ever move. Where would they go to? There is no shaft for it to descend in and no lobby at the bottom, so the elevators do not need to move. The doors, however, could open and close at the very least.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Yes but GP's are not the same as EP's Luth, you have commented this before.

No, they aren't. Just noting that overall staff levels could easily be the same, just rearranged for a new structure of content creation. That's all. Fwiw, one that isn't universally hated - lots of people have praised the GPs including as a format.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2016
    No, they aren't. Just noting that overall staff levels could easily be the same, just rearranged for a new structure of content creation. That's all. Fwiw, one that isn't universally hated - lots of people have praised the GPs including as a format.

As they should. Aside from the the issue with Sims not being able to work in their own restaurants and having to book a vacation to visit the camping world, the Game Packs all feel like they have a lot more effort put into them than the Expansions. The spa game pack was nothing short of perfection. Nothing felt like a cut corner.

Hell, even some of the stuff packs don't wreak of "bare minimum" like this newest expansion does.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

As they should. Aside from the the issue with Sims not being able to work in their own restaurants and having to book a vacation to visit the camping world, the Game Packs all feel like they have a lot more effort put into them than the Expansions. The spa game pack was nothing short of perfection. Nothing felt like a cut corner.

plum, even some of the stuff packs don't wreak of "bare minimum" like this newest expansion does.

The thing is you can cast a solid judgment on the previous packs as they are available to play and you most likely gave them a fair shot but with CL it hasnt even been released yet so you can't judge it fairly. You can look into available information to decide whether or not it's worth the money but until you boot it up you can not say it's the best game yet or a horrible ep. Its similiar to a film as you can read the synopsis and look at the cast but if someone tells me its really bad without seeing it or vice versa I would take that insight with a grain of salt.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2016
    I didn't say it was a horrible EP. It doesn't even look close to horrible. But it does look like standard TS4, which (aside from a few gems like the spa game pack) has been mediocre at best. And that's all I'm seeing out of this expansion so far. It's like this one pack represents every problem I've had with this game up until now. A bunch of small new things to make up for the bigger things either not being very impressive or (if it's a returning feature) feeling like less than what they were before.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top