Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• LisaJ231LisaJ231 Posts: 18 Member
    My favorites are Midnight Hollow even though it can be dark it is quite beautiful, Roaring Heights love the 1920-30's look of this world, Riverview which I am playing at the moment and Moonlight falls is where I keep all the sims and their families that I have played with over time
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I love so many for different reasons. I don't like Barnacle Bay that much. I agree that Rflong's world are THE BEST too. :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me its not a player created world. The ones I can't live without are Sunset Valley and Lucky Palms (store world). I know SV is probably cliche but even after all these years its my favorite and the one (besides LP) that runs the best with the least number of bugs and stuck sims. For the size of Lucky Palms, it runs very well on my old machine. (Not sure why but the game is still installed on my dinosaur computer rather than my new one) I guess they'd all run nicely like that if I'd just put them on this machine :/ It just doesn't feel right to play the game without that nostalgic lag! (I know it sounds like I'm being snarky but I'm serious!) It just didn't feel right playing the game without lag after playing on my crummy old machine for so many years :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Sunset...all my favorites are there. <3
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Sunset...all my favorites are there. <3

I haven't seen you around here for ages. I've been hoping you'd return soon.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Karritz , I'm back to bug you all!!! Bwahaha!!! :)
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2016
    Favorites are Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Roaring Heights ( not for the retro hair and clothing, but for the architecture), Starlight Shores (?), the Legacy 1,2 & 3 worlds by RFlong7 and a few of her others. Naturally I loved CAW and making my own worlds was probably the sweetest thing of all...and then watching them come alive with Sims!
    Least favorite are: Lucky Palms ( only because I hate the desert) Appaloossa (?) Plains ( I hate the landscape and didn't like the Pets EP) and Lunar Lakes ( Although I did enjoy it for an occasional change of pace, but not as a regular habitat.)

Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    ST & LP for the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets (obviously). ST is my sims favorite S. Pacific island
    RFlong7 Winter Wonderland for skiing in the Winter months
    Jasumi's Oahu my sims favorite Hawaiian getaway
  • glossglamglitzglossglamglitz Posts: 3 New Member
    I LOVE Roaring Heights, but I'm not seeing any season festivals occurring! I have the Seasons EP and I don't have trouble with the festivals arriving into any other town, but Roaring Heights is a problem. Anyone else experience this?!

OH! ALSO! Can anyone help me figure out how to post a comment?! I'm sure the answer is right in front of me, but for Ceiling Cat's sake, I can't find the darn thing. Any help would be fabulous, thanks! :)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @glossglamglitz, if you are asking how to quote someone so you can reply directly, below their posts there are some tiny links: Flag (to report a naughty post), Quote, Insightful, etc. Touch the Quote link and a text box with that person's comments will come up.

As far as a Seasons festival in Roaring Heights goes, one of the gurus made one and posted it on the Exchange. It replaces the center park in town and makes it so festivals show up (festivals are not automatically included in the Store worlds, but they usually made one for download for those who have the Seasons EP).

If I can find the link (I'm on mobile fir the next day or so which makes it harder to do), I will post it here if you haven't already found it.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Alpine county :)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I've just started playing this world, but Legacy Island III seems great
    I was wondering where this lovely list was. I remember it, or something similar, on the old forums.
  • abeabe Posts: 79 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Second is Alpine County by @western077 . HUMONGOUS world that utilizes a lot of different content from different expansions. I adore it, but don't play in it very often because of its size. Comes in both populated and unpopulated forms! Says it doesn't require CC or store items, but I feel as if there were a few item replacements for some store items. I could be wrong, though!!

I love love love Alpine County - it's where I am currently playing my legacy and have really enjoyed exploring all the different areas!

Also, Sunset Valley is an old favorite that I keep coming back to - I love the houses there, like the (don't know the name of it off the top of my head) but the home that features the wrap around pond in the back? An AWESOME place to live. Also Twinbrook is always fun to explore.

tumblr_oj8nzqc5iR1vx1p03o1_500.jpg
    Check out my legacies and sims at windsorsims.tumblr.com/!
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    I'm currently playing in Legacy Island III by Rflong7 & so far I love it!
  • DustySoulDustySoul Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the worlds that come with the expansion packs. After playing them for a few years they just don't engage me. I am still rather fond of Sunset Valley, as it is were I played most of my games.

I love custom worlds. Cladbridge on Stowe and Saaqartoq are my favorite when it comes to breaking away form the generic "town" feeling.

I'm excited to try out Red County, all though the cheapest houses need to be edited so my sims can actually afford them upon starting the game.

And I also love Arcadia, the challenge of dealing with such small lots is very enjoyable.

I also have a hard time finding cities, so I'll also bring up The Stoneshields / Fortress Rock, Evensdale County, Elmira City, Los Aniegos, and Setra.

There are so many more great worlds out there! I'd love more options for cities with row houses, especally ones with backyards so I can have pets. :3
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    I adore Riverview. There's some kind of cosy relaxed feeling to it, and I like the Sims that live there. Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies are GORGEOUS. Sunset Valley is just an absolute staple. Dragon Valley is beautiful and unique. Monte Vista is super pretty too. Bridgeport is pretty in its own Urban Way. Lucky Palms is shiny and modern.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 it they're all great.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited January 2017
    i love midnight hollow; the townies are all gorgeous, and lucien hyde/estella stout is my favourite sims couple ever.

i also love bridgeport (perfect spot for my virtuoso sim; also see matthew hamming), dragon valley (mithrilens ftw!), and uni life (if only for c.id serverus/matthew hamming, my other favourite couple in the history of ever).

i've also paired mr.serverus with matthew tellmer from ul, as well as with female sims from 2 separate legacies, and he's made some gorgeous babies with them... buuuuut i get the impression that he's not entirely straight lol.

(one of those legacy saves turned into my 2013 camp nanowrimo project, in which he played for both teams and was more into men... but the only woman he ever dated was my legacy heiress, iridian, who was engaged to kyle heilman during their romance; it was a brief, messy affair, but they did the woohoo once and he got her pregnant, though he never knew about the kid because kyle thought it was his lol).

/writerly tangent.

might post that to another board or ts3 creative corner.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Sunset Valley is the town I know best, and it will always be special, because it was my first. I love Moonlight Falls, Lucky Palms, Monte Vista, Roaring Hights and Dragon Valley. Lunar Lakes reminds me (in a good way) of the wacky, low budget science fiction films of the 70s, I used to watch as a child. Sunlit Tides is just gorgeous, especially the lighting.

I don´t like Bridgeport, not just because I´m not that fond of big cities, but also because the routing is absolutely terrible. Barnacle Bay is a bit boring, Isla Paradiso drives me insane, because it´s so beautiful, but even with fixes it just lags.
    Apaloosa Plains is a bit too spread out for my liking, Midnight Hollow is really interesting, but I never find anything, because it´s so dark. Aurora Skies is a bit bare (which is the point, I guess).
    Riverview, Starlight Shores and Twinbrook are alright, but I don´t play much there.

As for CC worlds, I love the ones from Rflong. Right at the moment, I´m having a lot of fun in Cake Island II.

(And I just realized, the only store world I don´t have is Hidden Springs. Maybe I should do something about that.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • WenniepennieWenniepennie Posts: 61 Member
    Sunlit tides :) Gives me a nice island feel to the gameplay. Also, the world that came with the Island paradise expansion pack? Not sure what it's called. But that expansion pack caused a lot of lag so that was meh :(
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    DustySoul wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the worlds that come with the expansion packs. After playing them for a few years they just don't engage me. I am still rather fond of Sunset Valley, as it is were I played most of my games.

I love custom worlds. Cladbridge on Stowe and Saaqartoq are my favorite when it comes to breaking away form the generic "town" feeling.

I'm excited to try out Red County, all though the cheapest houses need to be edited so my sims can actually afford them upon starting the game.

And I also love Arcadia, the challenge of dealing with such small lots is very enjoyable.

I also have a hard time finding cities, so I'll also bring up The Stoneshields / Fortress Rock, Evensdale County, Elmira City, Los Aniegos, and Setra.

There are so many more great worlds out there! I'd love more options for cities with row houses, especally ones with backyards so I can have pets. :3

@DustySoul Thank you for sharing Cladbridge on Stowe - i love it, it reminds me of the village i'm from. It actually looks very similar, haha, it's awesome!
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    earth
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
  • starvingsimmerstarvingsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all, just wanna ask if there is a way to change the colour of the sea of sunset valley to that of isla paradisio? I love sunset valley but I hate the colour of the sea. I'm on a rampage to play sims for the next month or so! Or is there a world you would recommend downloading?
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    Bridgeport is my favorite.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Hi all, just wanna ask if there is a way to change the colour of the sea of sunset valley to that of isla paradisio? I love sunset valley but I hate the colour of the sea. I'm on a rampage to play sims for the next month or so! Or is there a world you would recommend downloading?

You can use lighting mods from brntwaffles

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top