Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you see TS4 future

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    A free pack and a SP in December

Another stuff pack in January followed by a GP in March.

Then 2 more stuff packs followed by an EP sometime middle to late summer if they don't have a content drought sometime in spring.
    Agreed. My guess would then be another GP in maybe November 2017.
    After that maybe an EP (EP5) about February or March 2018. A GP (GP5) in the summer month and EP6 and TS5 announced. EP6 maybe then released in November or December 2018 or in January 2019. Maybe then GP6 in May or June 2019 and TS5 released in September 2019. And a lot of SPs too - but not more than a total of 6 GPs and a total of 6 EPs for the Sims 4.

I don't expect Pets, Seasons, University or toddlers to be released for TS4 because EA obviously wants TS4 to be a different type of Sims game. But I think that TS5 will be much more like TS3 than like TS4 exactly because EA usually always attempts to make two successive Sims games as different as possible.
  • Options
    lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

Then 2 more stuff packs followed by an EP sometime middle to late summer if they don't have a content drought sometime in spring.
    After that maybe an EP (EP5) about February or March 2018. A GP (GP5) in the summer month and EP6 and TS5 announced. EP6 maybe then released in November or December 2018 or in January 2019. Maybe then GP6 in May or June 2019 and TS5 released in September 2019. And a lot of SPs too - but not more than a total of 6 GPs and a total of 6 EPs for the Sims 4.

I don't expect Pets, Seasons, University or toddlers to be released for TS4 because EA obviously wants TS4 to be a different type of Sims game. But I think that TS5 will be much more like TS3 than like TS4 exactly because EA usually always attempts to make two successive Sims games as different as possible.

If this what will happen, SO many people will say goodbye to TS4.
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

If that happens i'm litterly selling my account even if they don't want that. Like, if they do that there won't be a Sims 5 lmao!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    lotary wrote: »

If this what will happen, SO many people will say goodbye to TS4.
    I don't think that all contents from the mentioned EPs or similar content won't be released as part of a GP or EP for TS4 though. Maybe GPs and/or EPs for TS4 will introduce rain and/or one or two animals. They could be new animals or they could be cats or dogs similar to the cats or dogs in the Sims Freeplay. But a full Seasons or Pets EP just isn't something that I would expect for TS4 because I don't think that EA will like such repetitions and because EA probably at most will release 3 more EPs after City Life. EA will probably also release about 3 more GPs. But GPs aren't big enough for a full Pets or Seasons expansion either. A GP could still contain rain, cats or dogs as part of its content though.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    We likely won't be getting EP 4 until summer or later next year.

That is what is so disappointing. People want many things and this game actually needs many things. Instead of seeing an EP every six months or seven, it's hard to think about a future for our current Sims. I used to keep my fav. Sims alive because they couldn't miss the next big thing. It doesn't really matter anymore. Just plop down any Sim and do it again.

Agree entirely.
    Ciarassims wrote: »

No they'll just release stuff packs like every other week then every three months throw a game pack in.

There hasn't been a new game pack since June though.

In the best case scenario, we would be getting expansions every 6 months, game packs every 3 months, and stuff packs every 1-2 months. That makes the most sense to me.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @Sk8rblaze I'm just guessing
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

That is what is so disappointing. People want many things and this game actually needs many things. Instead of seeing an EP every six months or seven, it's hard to think about a future for our current Sims. I used to keep my fav. Sims alive because they couldn't miss the next big thing. It doesn't really matter anymore. Just plop down any Sim and do it again.

Agree entirely.
    Ciarassims wrote: »

No they'll just release stuff packs like every other week then every three months throw a game pack in.

There hasn't been a new game pack since June though.

In the best case scenario, we would be getting expansions every 6 months, game packs every 3 months, and stuff packs every 1-2 months. That makes the most sense to me.
    That was the old way. But now EA has decided to release both GPS and EPs and about three of each type every two years. So in average there seems to be about 8 months between GPs and also about 8 months between EPs.

Besides that EA also seems to have planned to realease a new SP every 3 month.

There have been 11 months between EP2 and EP3 though which is 3 months longer than the average. So they have probably been too busy with SPs and free updates to follow the plan. But we don't know yet if they will attempt to follow the plan again or just increase the time between the next expansions too.

There have never been more than at most 5 years between 2 successive basegames. Therefore my guess still is that TS5 will be released in the summer or autumn 2019 which makes it very unlikely that TS4 will get more than 6 GPs and 6 EPs.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My predictions is pretty much more of the same.

New SPs, new GPs and eventually a new EP but that you be later next year I guess.

The way things are going, especially with how I see CL I doubt that there would be much improvement on the creative side of things and if you are still waiting on toddlers, I see no change over the next six months or even a whole year for that matter.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    I just see alot of useless stuff packs filled with things no one really wants like a wall hangings stuff pack... Just expect the worst and hopefully get surprised.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm not so sure that I see much of a future for Sims 4.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited October 2016
    What I think will happen: a few SP, one GP.
    What I want to happen: Less Stuff Packs, and more Game Packs, a Game Pack surrounding Vampires, with a ghoulish world; and a vacation getaway GP. This while they put the rest of their effort into the next Expansion, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Generations or University.
  • Options
    annkat23annkat23 Posts: 38 Member

As much as I hate it, I'm starting to see things this way, too. Which makes me sad. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I most likely won't be buying any more additions to TS4 because it's just not the kind of Sims game I like nor is it the one I'm used to playing. I don't enjoy this "different type" of sims. I'll still play what I have, but I'm tired of spending money only to keep getting disappointed. Even if they did add toddlers or seasons (two things I've been holding out for) I would still be skeptical of how long the games would actually hold my attention with all of the other issues in the game. With how shallow and limited everything is when it's added to TS4, I'm almost hoping they don't waste their time adding toddlers or seasons or pets if they're going to turn out like some of the other features in the game. Can't say I'd look forward to teaching my toddler how to talk or walk and then have to re-introduce myself to them when they're a child. There are issues in this game's foundation that are so deep, I'm not sure any EP, GP, or any amount of content is really going to fix it.

So, regardless of what's released in the next 6 months, unless it's a complete reboot of TS4, I doubt it will make much of a difference.

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    It's odd.. i've been playing since the beginning of Sims 1. I bought every pack, expect for the Sims 4. I've been waiting so long to get a honest answer about toddlers and other things that are important to me that I just gave up.

I don't expect a lot of content since one EP seems to take a year with the Sims 4. So i'm thinking of not playing it at all anymore and only install the free updates, but not buying the packs anymore. I'm just tired of being put last since older generations don't matter that much anymore.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    annkat23 wrote: »

As much as I hate it, I'm starting to see things this way, too. Which makes me sad. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I most likely won't be buying any more additions to TS4 because it's just not the kind of Sims game I like nor is it the one I'm used to playing. I don't enjoy this "different type" of sims. I'll still play what I have, but I'm tired of spending money only to keep getting disappointed. Even if they did add toddlers or seasons (two things I've been holding out for) I would still be skeptical of how long the games would actually hold my attention with all of the other issues in the game. With how shallow and limited everything is when it's added to TS4, I'm almost hoping they don't waste their time adding toddlers or seasons or pets if they're going to turn out like some of the other features in the game. Can't say I'd look forward to teaching my toddler how to talk or walk and then have to re-introduce myself to them when they're a child. There are issues in this game's foundation that are so deep, I'm not sure any EP, GP, or any amount of content is really going to fix it.

So, regardless of what's released in the next 6 months, unless it's a complete reboot of TS4, I doubt it will make much of a difference.
    Not everything is new though because EA also gave us a lot of "stuff" to purchase in the previous Sims games and a simplified easy gameplay which after some time could become boring. It has just become even worse in TS4.

So I only play the Sims Freeplay for now. But also Freeplay has a lot of "stuff" which you can buy for real money and which only can be used to decorate houses and to change the looks of our sims a little. (It is quite expensive and would never buy it even in my wildest dreams.)

So for me the problem is that EA is seeing the Sims games much more as dollhouse-toys than as real games. Therefore "stuff" is such a huge part of the game and the gameplay is dumped down because we are expected to use more time on building houses, decorating houses, making sims and modifying their looks than on playing the game. This has just become even worse in TS4 than it already was in all the other Sims games.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    More Holiday Fruitcake.

I've stopped guessing/hoping for things a long time ago.

But I do hope for your sake you get some satisfying content soon :smiley:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I see anger, disappointment, bewilderment and shallow gp's, ep's and sp's realeased. I see vague excuses, over enthusiastic sells of underdeveloped game play and ooo look shiny. I love the graphic style more then any other iteration but that is it. I fear even if we get what has been asked for, as many have already brought up, the execution of it will be poor and the enjoyment of the anticipated features gone. When ts2 came out my expectations for it were nill, I was simply along for the amazing ride. Every addition was like christmas. And while I did not find any enjoyment in the extremely bugged game of ts3, I was in awe of all the new game play and in-depth activity. The sims themselves though in ts3; scary! Ts4 was such a backhand both because as the next iteration it should have moved us forward in our gaming experience but did not deliver and it has not wowed me or exceeded my expectations.
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    It's odd.. i've been playing since the beginning of Sims 1. I bought every pack, expect for the Sims 4. I've been waiting so long to get a honest answer about toddlers and other things that are important to me that I just gave up.

I don't expect a lot of content since one EP seems to take a year with the Sims 4. So i'm thinking of not playing it at all anymore and only install the free updates, but not buying the packs anymore. I'm just tired of being put last since older generations don't matter that much anymore.

I am in total agreement with you about use older simmers, I made the same comment in a post in the ideas corner. I have also seen a real life picture of one of the producers and she is younger than I expected, which tells me why this game is so adultescent in nature and also why it has in my personal opinion totally disregarded the simmers and targeted a younger generation, leaving us behind, also I am not at impressed with all the new packs sense (dine out) which after reading reviews on it I decide not to buy it as it seem to have been rushed out and poorly thought out. And this latest one due next month, what were they think of apartments with traits, give me a break.

What we want and need is for the development team to wake up, have a cup of coffee and sit down a talk to use the simmers and as us what we want and stop forcesing their will and twisted idea's on us.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Couple of stuff packs? Seasons... limited somehow... Pets .. as objects? Ehhh I wish OP I would say toddlers, awesome seasons, pets and so on and on and on... but... * sighs*
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I am starting to feel like so many others in this thread. I thought the base game had some potential, but after seeing the expansion packs they have delivered, and now knowing more about CL, seems to me this game is turning out to be more of a quest game, with a one time play feature.
    Get to work: max out being a doctor, scientist etc, but will I do it again with a different Sim? No
    Dine Out: Get the highest rated restaurant with one Sim, but will I do it again? No
    City Living: Start with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 apartment and work my way up, will I do it again? Most likely not.
    So far, what we have gotten has been like that, and I don't see that it will change. I know the previous games had goals too, but for me it never felt like a try it one time and be done.
    Yeah, I enjoy the game for now but I don't think I will play it as long as I did the other games.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2016
    In 6 months? 2 stuff packs and if really lucky, a game pack. So in 6 months the game will pretty much be the same as it is now, except with CL since he comes out in a few days.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    Very limited when the engineers go around saying they cannot add things into any of the previous worlds (like the apts) because it breaks players games/saves. That really puts a big limit on expecting things like toddlers, pets, or even Seasons except in just new worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Very limited when the engineers go around saying they cannot add things into any of the previous worlds (like the apts) because it breaks players games/saves. That really puts a big limit on expecting things like toddlers, pets, or even Seasons except in just new worlds.

That's not exactly what was said :
    "We don't go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots."

I don't see how that would impact toddlers, pets or seasons.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Neia wrote: »

"We don't go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots."

You know more about programming than that Neia - of course they would seriously alter programming in previous worlds to add any of those things. The engineers stated on more occasions than that about some issue they are having and yet to solve that breaks players saves when they attempt certain additions. Do you really think adding any of those things will not change the config of finished games when they had to totally recode Sims 3 for just pets because it broke things in all the worlds in Sims 3 including store content. Believe me after pets breakage it took me days of having to uninstall and reinstall everything in Sims 3 including the entire Sims 3 store because of the recoding. The issue is showing in Sims 4 without even adding something as game changing as pets, toddlers or weather.

I do not believe EA is going to allow that to happen yet again. I really don't.

I hope I am wrong - but at least Sims 4 is much easier to reload than Sims 3. Sims 3 I had everything including the whole store. But some players get a bit peeved if they get their saves fouled.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited October 2016
    Neia wrote: »

You know more about programming than that Neia - of course they would seriously alter programming in previous worlds to add any of those things. The engineers stated on more occasions than that about some issue they are having and yet to solve that breaks players saves when they attempt certain additions. Do you really think adding any of those things will not change the config of finished games when they had to totally recode Sims 3 for just pets because it broke things in all the worlds in Sims 3 including store content. Believe me after pets breakage it took me days of having to uninstall and reinstall everything in Sims 3 including the entire Sims 3 store because of the recoding. The issue is showing in Sims 4 without even adding something as game changing as pets, toddlers or weather.

I do not believe EA is going to allow that to happen yet again. I really don't.

The issue here is about changing lot/neighborhood configuration, not a general alter programming in worlds. They have added the new lot traits everywhere for example, so we actually have an example of things that affect all the existing lots/world without breaking our saves. If we can have earthquakes in all the worlds, there's no apparent reason we couldn't have rain too. He also added that they have made "some targeted fixes to world objects (e.g. trash cans) to fix bugs", so it's not like it's something completely impossible to do, even if there most likely are constraints on what they can do.

What is apparently far more complicated is modifying lots because the players have placed objects on them, and they haven't added/removed entire lots or neighborhoods from existing worlds either, but I don't see how any of these would be required for a Season EP. (And even less so for toddlers and pets)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Neia, This issue though came up the first time I saw it well before CL was being talked about after some free patch additions broke a few players saves and such. The engineers asked about mods or CC and some of the simmers complaining did not have either - so they asked for copies of their save file - which I guess in at least one case was no where to be found - it just vanished. The others were corrupted.

They were talking about it then - so it is far more than just CL and apts lots.

Anyway, hopefully they will solve it - but I do not feel like that will happen. History of Sims 2 and Sims 3 corruption issues were never solved. Sure we could fix a lot with Simpe in Sims 2 - those of us that knew how to use it and how to fix it - but it was a pain. Sims 3 we had to reinstall to fix most things. They never seem to solve those issues and in Sims 4's case it is not even CC or mods creating the issues like in those games - it's their own additions.

Hope you are right though as getting none of those three or four things most people want - it may end badly if they don't get any of that. I do have hope for a Sims 5 - but if Sims 4 ends badly I worry that we will get a sims 5. I have pretty much tossed in the towel on Sims 4 - but I still hope you and Luth are right.

In dreams - I LIVE!