Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SP and Aging in WA

If I have a couple, lets call them Mike and Lucy. And then I go to France with them and meet locals and blahblahblah... Lets say Mike and Lucy have kids and a family tree begins. Then someday I visit France again with one of mikes grandkids(Joe) after Mike and lucy die of old age. Will joe meet the same locals or their grandkids or some random made sim families.

Another thing, If the game makes sims will they have names generated based on their country or will China become full of locals with names like Pierre and Brad and Kazim from various cultures.

What do you think will or should happen?

Comments

• gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited November 2009
    As far as I know, the locals won't change unless you have them move to the base neighborhood by marrying them. So it seems most likely you will see the same locals for many generations.

As for names, the game is set up to give locals names that fit their locations, so there should be no Pierres in China.
  • MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited November 2009
    :( bummer
    I guess that means you can marry a sim your grandparents met. EDITED for sick stomach reasons
    edited November 2009
    Really nice thought there, really nice...
    edited November 2009
    sorry about that
    edited November 2009
    Haha, no its ok. It is a scary thought though, but I don't think they wanted to make the system have to make new locals every time you send a sim on vacation, or have to deal with finding a way for the game to deal with the gravestones of dead locals.
    edited November 2009
    I read somewhere that BV caused havoc by creating new sims so your right, they probably played it safe this time.
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2009
    You know what hit me just now?? And what if playing long enough we marry off all the local sims from destination?? :shock: Destination is going to be empty? Or what? :lol:
    edited November 2009
    It will probably work the same as if you married say the maid, a new person is generated to replace that one. So new people will only be generated for locations only as needed, not all the time.
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2009
    gobot1236 wrote:
    It will probably work the same as if you married say the maid, a new person is generated to replace that one. So new people will only be generated for locations only as needed, not all the time.

Oh! I see... I think you're right =) Then let's hope they generate correctly according to the destination they are from :)