Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers as OBJECTS??

I had a dream, um well nightmare, last night.

My sim's baby ages up... her bassinet turns into a play pen and she's a toddler!

Except, she's tied to the play pen and you can't edit her in CAS and she has one onsie outfit and that's it's. The interactions are very limited and I can't travel anywhere with the toddler...

This dream made me think - What if in an attempt to give us what we want but to cut corners they just give us object toddlers?

I honestly would rather have no toddlers than object ones...
tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif

Comments

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

My sim's baby ages up... her bassinet turns into a play pen and she's a toddler!

Except, she's tied to the play pen and you can't edit her in CAS and she has one onsie outfit and that's it's. The interactions are very limited and I can't travel anywhere with the toddler...

This dream made me think - What if in an attempt to give us what we want but to cut corners they just give us object toddlers?

No, thank you.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member

No, thank you.

I'm not saying I want toddlers as objects, just that I have a fear that's what they'll do.

If that happens it would be so upsetting.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2016
    Well I had a beautiful dream for the toddlers well it was Generation Expansion pack it showed of the usual and new things teens learning to drive, going to prom, than the teens had moodswings and attitudes but it wasn't teens it was preteens designing thier rooms getting trouble or play voidcritters than it's like the screen fades to black and you a toddler laugh than you see toddlers playing with those big stuff animal toys walking talking going to the potty, going for stroll in the strollers around neighborhood. I was excited thinking it was real one of those than you wake up and it's like nope but for that I think I was more excited in that dream trailer than any other Sims 4 that is bad lol
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well I had a beautiful dream for the toddlers well it was Generation Expansion pack it showed of the usual and new things teens learning to drive, going to prom, than the teens had moodswings and attitudes but it wasn't teens it was preteens designing thier getting trouble or play voidcritters than it's like the screen fades to black and you a toddler than you say toddlers playing with those big stuff animal toys walking talking going to the potty, going for stroll in the strollers around neighborhood. I was excited thinking it was real one of those than you wake up and it's like nope but for that I think I was more excited in that dream trailer than any other Sims 4 that is bad lol

I love your dream.

I hope it comes true. And yeah... I mean I do like the sims 4, but I am disappointed with many things. If I had a dream like that, I would probably be sadder waking up because it's not true.
    I'm glad my nightmare I had hasn't happened. I just hope it never does happen.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You had a nightmare about object toddlers? Some of us have been crying out for them for ages as opposed to an actual life stage :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'd rather have none at all if that were the case! That does sound like a nightmare.
    The whole reason I want toddlers is to have a younger age than child that I can still edit in Cas. Because I edit the children of my sims (their adult appearance) and then age them back down. But they can only go as far as a child, so I'm stuck. Also, I think dressing toddlers is a great way to show family dynamic (The tods are too young to dress themselves, so what the parents put them in reflects on the family.)
  • Options
    You had a nightmare about object toddlers? Some of us have been crying out for them for ages as opposed to an actual life stage :D

You want object toddlers???
  • Options
    I'd rather have none at all if that were the case! That does sound like a nightmare.
    The whole reason I want toddlers is to have a younger age than child that I can still edit in Cas. Because I edit the children of my sims (their adult appearance) and then age them back down. But they can only go as far as a child, so I'm stuck. Also, I think dressing toddlers is a great way to show family dynamic (The tods are too young to dress themselves, so what the parents put them in reflects on the family.)

I completely agree. I loved toddlers in the sims 3. I hated the babies, but toddlers were one of my favorite age groups. In the sims 4, I wish babies were better. You can't edit them in CAS or take them around the house even. So having toddlers that are actual sims and not objects would be a huge step up from that. We could dress them, do their hair, teach them how to talk and walk and use the potty. They could do arts and crafts and play with their bigger brothers and sisters... the possibilities are endless, but if they are objects then the possibilities are gone :/
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    You know this is why Sims 4 felt like sims 2. 5 . The babies are stuck in the crib, like in sims 1 . And just like in sime 2 you dion't see there needs
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    Quite honestly, I feel as though they would introduce toddlers as objects just to appease people. I don't necessarily have a problem with this, but I know a lot of the hardcore toddler fans would have a problem.

If they had a moderate interest in pleasing the fans asking for toddlers, they should definitely release them as a fully realised life stage instead of the illusion of one.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Luke wrote: »
    Quite honestly, I feel as though they would introduce toddlers as objects just to appease people. I don't necessarily have a problem with this, but I know a lot of the hardcore toddler fans would have a problem.

If they had a moderate interest in pleasing the fans asking for toddlers, they should definitely release them as a fully realised life stage instead of the illusion of one.
    The whole problem is that they don't regard the fans as very important and therefore usually don't do what the fans want. They read the forum. So it isn't because they don't know. But EA must have told them to mainly target the game at new young teen simmers who probably are more interested in fast gameplay about parties, dating and flirting than they are interested in slow family play about raising toddlers - and the developers obey EA much more than they obey the fans.

So no - I don't believe at all that they will release object toddlers just to please the fans. EA is much more likely to tell them to postpone toddlers and better family play as something that can get more fans interested in the Sims 5. So I strongly doubt that any kind of toddlers will be released for TS4 at all.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I used to say that this would be enough for me, but things have changed. :p I would rather have no Toddlers.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I can see that...and it would be patched in at the very end, lol
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are objects........objects of our affections.
  • Options

You want object toddlers???

If that was an option then yes :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I would rather not sleep at all than have this nightmare.
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited October 2016
    Omg I find this so funny

Hopefully it's not a psychic vision... :scream:
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    WOAH I never knew you can dream a game.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    DMKittenDMKitten Posts: 43 Member
    Game dreams are the best. I have them every now and then when I play a game more than usual. Toddler objects would be kind of creepy for me since I don't like dolls to begin with and that is how I imagine a *Doll Object*.
    Let's make a difference
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    Maybe toddler will be the result of molding a clay. :p
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Please don't. The forums whould explode and they'd probably lose a lot of their customers.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Better than nothing imo....
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member

No thankyou and EA will be hated by many-oh wait, they're already hated by many for NOT having toddlers in base game!
  • Options

No thankyou and EA will be hated by many-oh wait, they're already hated by many for NOT having toddlers in base game!

Hate is a strong word but I do agree that they are still not too popular due to the lack of toddlers.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TinaKawaiiSimsTinaKawaiiSims Posts: 101 Member
    lets just hope they will have toddlers like in the sims 3 yet better and more gameplay will be added. <3 #toddlersTS4