Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited September 2016
    delete
  • Eigan123Eigan123 Posts: 17 Member

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who are associated with this Cascades thread (as well as the Daily Deal (DD) Rotation and Sales Help thread! And possibly other threads).

I had the base version of Sims 3 on release day, dropped it a few months later, discovered the Steam Sims 3 sale last week, and ended up getting the Steam version of Sims 3 along with a bunch of expansions (condensed version hehe... my intro post under General -> Off Topic Chat (can't directly link it... yet) has the juicy details if this is of interest to you).

In getting ready to setup my game (nraas mods, etc.), I eventually found this thread and the huge Daily Deal thread and I've gotten hooked! Lurking for a few days on these threads, reading and absorbing the information contained in them, the spreadsheets, CYS formulas, and so forth, and one is on his/her way to understand the process of deals/cascades and to (eventually) be able to own the store. It's incredible!

I've been able to hit on a few deals already and have a decent grasp on how this whole process works.

Thank you for being a valuable resource to the Sims community!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Elgan123, If you haven't already picked up the Stuff Packs, head on over to eBay. You can grab them for a couple bucks each. Actually, keep your eyes open. Some of the sellers offer a buy 2 get 1 free offer. You may even be able to find a few lingering hard copies of the Worlds combo packs (Monte Vista and Hidden Springs) Happy hunting.

Edit: and yes, the majority of the sellers offering emailed codes are legit. Just watch their ratings and use Paypal to insure your purchase.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Eigan123Eigan123 Posts: 17 Member

@JoeJude16 That's news to me! Thank you for the info.
    @Eigan123 let me know how you make out.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Eigan123 wrote: »
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who are associated with this Cascades thread (as well as the Daily Deal (DD) Rotation and Sales Help thread! And possibly other threads).

I had the base version of Sims 3 on release day, dropped it a few months later, discovered the Steam Sims 3 sale last week, and ended up getting the Steam version of Sims 3 along with a bunch of expansions (condensed version hehe... my intro post under General -> Off Topic Chat (can't directly link it... yet) has the juicy details if this is of interest to you).

In getting ready to setup my game (nraas mods, etc.), I eventually found this thread and the huge Daily Deal thread and I've gotten hooked! Lurking for a few days on these threads, reading and absorbing the information contained in them, the spreadsheets, CYS formulas, and so forth, and one is on his/her way to understand the process of deals/cascades and to (eventually) be able to own the store. It's incredible!

I've been able to hit on a few deals already and have a decent grasp on how this whole process works.

Thank you for being a valuable resource to the Sims community!
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @Elgan123, If you haven't already picked up the Stuff Packs, head on over to eBay. You can grab them for a couple bucks each. Actually, keep your eyes open. Some of the sellers offer a buy 2 get 1 free offer. You may even be able to find a few lingering hard copies of the Worlds combo packs (Monte Vista and Hidden Springs) Happy hunting.

Edit: and yes, the majority of the sellers offering emailed codes are legit. Just watch their ratings and use Paypal to insure your purchase.

Apparently, you can also buy stuff and ep packs that are on offer on Steam and activate the code on Origin as well. But I've got a lot of ebay experience, so if you're never sure if a seller is okay just send a link to the product and I will look into it for you!
    I just recently purchased one of the worlds from ebay for just £2 instead of £20 or whatever a world costs these days.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    edited October 2016
    Good point @Jahnna, if anyone wants the names of the sellers I've bought SPs from, just let me know. Actually, I accidentally bought a duplicate of one of them, but that was a year ago, so no idea where that code is now. Or even which pack it was.

So, I now know Jahnna is in the UK. Which part? I'm in the US. Rhode Island, one of the original colony/states.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Good point @Jahnna, if anyone wants the names of the sellers I've bought SPs from, just let me know. Actually, I accidentally bought a duplicate of one of them, but that was a year ago, so no idea where that code is now. Or even which pack it was.

So, I now know Jahnna is in the UK. Which part? I'm in the US. Rhode Island, one of the original colony/states.

I live in a little coastal town, east from Leeds. But I've only lived here for 2 years. I'm originally from Berlin, Germany.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    edited October 2016
    I have a friend who came here from Germany as a child. But, I'm embarrassed to say, I don't remember what part. In my defense, no matter how much I love someone, my memory is crap. :p

Edit: OHHHH, so that's what PLUM is!!!!! When I type something the filter doesn't like it is replaced with "plum." I was reading an entry earlier and kept thinking "wonder where they are from using the word "plum" when they mean "sh*+"

But then when I edit the post and repost it the word crap is back.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I have a friend who came here from Germany as a child. But, I'm embarrassed to say, I don't remember what part. In my defense, no matter how much I love someone, my memory is plum. :p

Edit: OHHHH, so that's what PLUM is!!!!! When I type something the filter doesn't like it is replaced with "plum." I was reading an entry earlier and kept thinking "wonder where they are from using the word "plum" when they mean "sh*+"

But then when I edit the post and repost it the word plum is back.

Haha, yeah I also just found out today! When i first saw it with someone else I thought "well, is that the new thing now? lol
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    Is there a spread sheet for the cascades? I'm having trouble keeping track, and wanted to check before trying to make one
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    Unfortunately, not for the cascades that I know of so I ended up making my own table/spreadsheet which worked for me.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    edited October 2016
    @Xanthina, and @napoleonwrasse, have you seen the spreadsheet built by Me1620 over at DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP - CONTINUATION OF SEPTEMBER LIST? I don't think I've seen you over there. The spreadsheet shows the full breakdown of the DailyDeal schedule for the next several months, with separate tabs for a wishlist, set breakdowns, what items are related to each set, a checklist of owned items... It can be overwhelming at first, but an amazing tool once you get used to it.

If you combine the info at the beginning of this thread that LadybugLeslie provided with the spreadsheet, then I think it will be what you are looking for.

One tip, make sure you find and use the one for your time zone to avoid confusion about start and end times that can happen when working with the full spreadsheet which contains every time zone side by side. (At least it confused me :-))
    aka Jude

My Studio

• napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    @JoeJude16 I have seen the spreadsheets. They are amazing. I used them a ton when was working to own the store. I just personally created a separate spreadsheet to compile both information.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    I wish I'd known about this before! All of the money I would have saved...
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    So I think that maybe I stumbled across a "new" Cascade that hasn't been reported yet ... at least I don't *think* I saw it anywhere on the front page, and I honestly can't remember the exact specifics of it. But only owning 64% of the Best of 2010 Compilation, a green download button appeared for me!

This is what I already owned:

-Panda and Friends
    -Full Ultra Lounge Set
    (Bedroom, Dining, Outdoor, Living and Study)
    -Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath
    -Wilderness Dreaming

And I *think* I owned 2 or 3 items from Worldly Goodies.

What I got for free was the rest of that set, plus these:

-Asian Fusion
    -Bayside Bathroom Set
    -Full Interior Castle Set
    -Full Tiki Set

Sorry I'm not able to be more specific. But if you own all of the sets I own, without Worldly Goodies, I'd check to see if the green download button also appears for you!

Hope this isn't a repeat of old information and that it actually helps someone out!

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    So I think that maybe I stumbled across a "new" Cascade that hasn't been reported yet ... at least I don't *think* I saw it anywhere on the front page, and I honestly can't remember the exact specifics of it. But only owning 64% of the Best of 2010 Compilation, a green download button appeared for me!

This is what I already owned:

-Panda and Friends
    -Full Ultra Lounge Set
    (Bedroom, Dining, Outdoor, Living and Study)
    -Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath
    -Wilderness Dreaming

And I *think* I owned 2 or 3 items from Worldly Goodies.

What I got for free was the rest of that set, plus these:

-Asian Fusion
    -Bayside Bathroom Set
    -Full Interior Castle Set
    -Full Tiki Set

Sorry I'm not able to be more specific. But if you own all of the sets I own, without Worldly Goodies, I'd check to see if the green download button also appears for you!

Hope this isn't a repeat of old information and that it actually helps someone out!

Hi @JovialJoy Yes, that cascade is mentioned on the front page (the 2nd one I believe). According to the blurb, Leslie says that you should get Ultra Lounge Laundry free once you get Best of 2010 so check that one out too, which will then cascade into Loads of Laundry (Deal 447) being free. Looks like it helps with Island Escape Compilation too :smiley:

I'm glad you all are enjoying these cascades. Leslie and I discovered the forums around the same time and had a great time figuring them out, thank goodness she was so good at math!
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    edited November 2016
    Help? I'm trying to do the October 2011 Cascade. It says it should be Downloadable after buying Vineyard Villas. I own everything except Boho Vintage Men's Collection. It's showing up as being 155sp for the October 2011. Is there something I missed?

October 2011 Compilation- 252 additional SP
    After you complete the Go All In cascade, your CYS on the Oct 2011 compilation will be 815 sp
    - DD# 397: Vineyard Villas (252 sp) should give you the green download on Oct 2011- giving you Boho Vintage Men's for free!

I own Go All In and Vinyard Villas.
    edited November 2016
    Ugh, slept through Technophobe last night, and I just realized that I missed Loads of Laundry this morning. Both were Free.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Xanthina If I remember correctly, that cascade may be broken. I had the same thing happen. :/ I believe there is a post many pages back that explains that it may not work anymore.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2017
    This thread is mighty helpful~ I was able to download the Country Livin' set for free from owning the Fowl and feathers chicken coop. Thanks for this thread, everyone :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    i don't even have a lot of store items, but i find it so hard to follow what to buy to get what for free, it's so confusing sometimes. :neutral: I wish i had infinite sim points to get everything !
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
    i don't even have a lot of store items, but i find it so hard to follow what to buy to get what for free, it's so confusing sometimes. :neutral: I wish i had infinite sim points to get everything !

Oh heck, don't we all! But in the meantime, let us know what you want the most and we will help you out based on our experience. If you haven't already, go for the Animals Abound cascade. It'll get you a ton of kid stuff for only a few SimPoints. I don't think any other cascade is as good, so it's a fun way to get started.

Also, have you registered over at The Gifting Directory? There are some very generous fellow Simmers who can help you on your way. Just make sure to check the posting rules on the first page and then to introduce yourself on the current page. Don't ever hesitate to ask questions. We were all new to this process at one point and love to see new people take advantage of what we've learned.

The other forum to check out is Daily Deal DD Rotation and Sales Help. That one has a ton of info. It can actually be overwhelming, but again, ask for help.

Good luck, and welcome aboard.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited January 2017

Hi, welcome to the forums. :) I know exactly how your'e feeling, because that was me. :D I was extremely overwhelmed at first, but I found concentrating on only a few items or a couple of cascades at a time is more manageable. If you miss something on the daily deal, it'll come back around. I'm only semi-organized with the whole store thing, so bear with me and I'll try to explain how I managed.

I started with the Animals Abound cascade explained here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859119/love-kids-stuff-well-check-this-out-portuguese/p1
    This is a good one to start with because you get so much for so little sim points. Doing this cascade got me hooked which brought me here to this thread.
    The first page is packed full of info. I picked a couple of cascades to focus on and completed them, then moved on to another. As of right now, I have completed all cascades mentioned in this thread except one.

I highly recommend this thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-rotation-and-sales-help-continuation-of-september-list/p1 This is the DD thread that keeps us updated with the daily deals on the store.

I also recommend taking a look at the DD spread sheet so you can tell the date and time the best deal on an item: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NIeS9yIMAw-fA7VhseLilqCOV5XfKoSJXwbyyKQLJP4/edit#gid=1286992794 You'll have to locate your time zone.

I believe you can download this spreadsheet. I just bookmarked it and use notepad on my computer to keep track of the DD#, date, time, and how much it'll cost. This list I leave right on my desktop. Just set some goals and once completed, move on to the next set or item, etc.
    Good luck and have fun! :)

(oops! I just noticed that Jude525 already linked to the DD thread. sorry :# )

Wow, I stopped by and I'm pretty sure all I heard was crickets. So figured I'd make a little noise. Hope everyone is enjoying their winter. Or summer, depending on which hemisphere you are in.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top