March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the worst thing about City Living - it will sell like hot cakes

Comments

• cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Hello everyone.

Please remember that you should not demand that people defend their opinions. If a person likes the game and wants to elaborate then that is their choice, same goes for those who dislike the game or are indifferent. They do not need to justify their experiences to you. If they feel like providing feedback they are free to do so and I've even outlined a great way to provide feedback: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15289150/#Comment_15289150.

The only instance where someone needs to add clarity is if they are providing statistics, any kind of numbers, or supposed statements from Studio Members as you shouldn't make comments on stuff like that without something to back up the statement.

The forums are a place for everyone to provide their thoughts / opinions / feedback on the game as well as share stories / builds / and other creations. It is not a place to tell those who enjoy the game that it is their fault that you don't or demanding that we cater to any particular person / play-style. Be open, constructive, and inclusive - do not be dismissive and hostile.

Thanks!

Thank you so much! :smile:

We shouldn't need to justify why we like or dislike something or a subjective opinion (and we shouldn't be forced to, either).

It's just a game.

There are living human people on this forum, and everyone should be respected.

Yes - arguing subjectivity is an absolute nightmare as demonstrated in this thread.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Nevills wrote: »
    Holy plumming cow. Reading some of these threads is like watching the presidential debates. I feel that I can't express how I feel about this EP because if I do, I'll be attacked and demanded to defend to my position.

Eh, Plum it!

I'm super excited for this EP. I love the look of the city, I'm excited about the apartments (and as a non-builder, I don't care about being able to build my own), and I can't wait for festivals.

Okay, now you can demand that I defend my opinion. I won't, but go ahead and make your demands.

LOL- that's gonna be the new forum statement for the next week- ha ha! I'm going to be curious to see though, all these people who don't like building and as a consequence don't care about it in CL are going to be surprised when they find themselves stuck with the EA/Maxis premades. A lot of people who don't build (can't/don't like it) turn to the gallery for homes and decor BUT a builder can't upload the pre-made apartments that they've decorated under this new system leaving the non-builder player to do their own or settle for what Maxis has done for them. Now, I'm sure there will be a flurry of "I don't care" and "I never use the gallery either" statements but I do wonder how people will feel about that after the fact.

Wanted to jump in on this comment:

Anyone can upload any of the rooms they create in the apartment to the gallery. There is no apartment filter as each apartment layout is different in shape and size but if you had (for instance) a studio apartment you can upload that to the gallery.

So, technically, people can still use the stuff that room builders make :)

@SimGuruDrake I am aware of that but thank you for pointing it out for those who may be unaware.

My concern is without proper filters finding apartments within the mass of rooms constantly being uploaded could prove near impossible at it's current state. For instance, if I upload a six room apartment as six separate rooms then they each have to individually downloaded and then reassembled by the end user with possible difficulty, also requiring the uploading of hallways and stairs (for multi-story apartments) as rooms as well to complete the look. Some of the new apartment designs contain 3 full floors with the possibility of what 2 living/2 dining/kitchen/4baths/4beds/balcony/halls/entry- that's a large apartment (16 rooms) but those are the type people often enjoy downloading because it saves them the time of building it themselves. That could be problematic to rebuild room by room, especially for someone not naturally inclined to build in the first place. 16 pieces on 3 levels at least- that's going to be a tough assemble. Now imagine every room of an apartment being uploaded with the new EP exploding the number of rooms to comb through by a magnitude making a difficult task even worse.

There is a certain build trick that can allow an apartment (one floor) to be uploaded as a room- but with it's walls intact- but that is not well known to builders as a general rule and would not entirely fix multi-floor builds even if it were well known.

A suggestion would be to have, at the very least, an apartment section on the gallery where people could look through just room builds designated as apartments separate from the general room section. Naturally the ideal solution would be for the build to simply have a stamp upon it designating the building the apartment belongs to- maybe even with a small icon illustrating the placement within the building when it is uploaded to the gallery. That hasn't been done. So, I can only assume that the sharing of apartments- short of "studios" and very small builds- will prove very difficult and that's too bad for the players who so enjoy outfitting their games and their stories in that fashion. I personally don't download much from the gallery so this is entirely a concern on my part for other players. I could easily shrug it off because, after all I don't use it but I don't shrug it off. It's a concern of mine on the behalf of other people and it will remain so until some action is taken to assist in the matter.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Holy plumming cow. Reading some of these threads is like watching the presidential debates. I feel that I can't express how I feel about this EP because if I do, I'll be attacked and demanded to defend to my position.

Eh, Plum it!

I'm super excited for this EP. I love the look of the city, I'm excited about the apartments (and as a non-builder, I don't care about being able to build my own), and I can't wait for festivals.

Okay, now you can demand that I defend my opinion. I won't, but go ahead and make your demands.

LOL- that's gonna be the new forum statement for the next week- ha ha! I'm going to be curious to see though, all these people who don't like building and as a consequence don't care about it in CL are going to be surprised when they find themselves stuck with the EA/Maxis premades. A lot of people who don't build (can't/don't like it) turn to the gallery for homes and decor BUT a builder can't upload the pre-made apartments that they've decorated under this new system leaving the non-builder player to do their own or settle for what Maxis has done for them. Now, I'm sure there will be a flurry of "I don't care" and "I never use the gallery either" statements but I do wonder how people will feel about that after the fact.

Anyone can upload any of the rooms they create in the apartment to the gallery. There is no apartment filter as each apartment layout is different in shape and size but if you had (for instance) a studio apartment you can upload that to the gallery.

I was just going to chime in and say the same thing -- people can upload the rooms they create and say in the description what apartment building/unit they used, just like you can upload rooms now. And while I'm not great at building, I love to decorate and will be able to decorate my apartments however I please. I've been known to take a house from the Gallery and totally remodel it, keeping the outside as is but just moving around interior walls, and I'll be able to do that as well in City Living.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Eh, Plum it!

I was just going to chime in and say the same thing -- people can upload the rooms they create and say in the description what apartment building/unit they used, just like you can upload rooms now. And while I'm not great at building, I love to decorate and will be able to decorate my apartments however I please. I've been known to take a house from the Gallery and totally remodel it, keeping the outside as is but just moving around interior walls, and I'll be able to do that as well in City Living.

@stilljustme2 I can certainly appreciate that we can still upload rooms, a feature I haven't disputed though that seems to be the key point that you and Drake wished to insure people understood. I stated we can not upload apartments. I further elaborated on the fact that uploading rooms and then trying to reassemble them, even knowing which building they belong in, can and undoubtedly will prove problematic. I applaud your ability to decorate and build however you please and as such my concern wouldn't have to do with people in your position. It has to do with people who can't OR maybe they just prefer not to, rather spending the time in other ways in the game.

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Eh, Plum it!

@stilljustme2 I can certainly appreciate that we can still upload rooms, a feature I haven't disputed though that seems to be the key point that you and Drake wished to insure people understood. I stated we can not upload apartments. I further elaborated on the fact that uploading rooms and then trying to reassemble them, even knowing which building they belong in, can and undoubtedly will prove problematic. I applaud your ability to decorate and build however you please and as such my concern wouldn't have to do with people in your position. It has to do with people who can't OR maybe they just prefer not to, rather spending the time in other ways in the game.

Though I am a very bummed that we can't uploading apartments - me being a builder but there is a bit of a workaround @JasonAnthonySterling . Just take a look at this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902379/tutorial-how-to-share-apartments-in-the-gallery-for-the-upcoming-city-life/p1?new=1
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @Nellythekidd
    I would like something like row houses. That's what I mostly built in TS2. It allows non-rectangular lots and more crazy shapes. Perhaps it could fit into some kind of CaW tool one day.

I would like row houses too! Row houses look really cute to me and they would fit in suburbs as well as a bit more urban area.

Yes! This is what I'd like as well!
    On one lot, or are we talking about small lots right next to each other? And before you maybe nay-say the latter, that would allow for small venues/malls too. :)

I mean terraced houses, houses connected in a row on one lot. So you have separate units on one lot.

If I could also have retail on residential lots, even better!

07-31-15_9-17c2a0pm.png

In TS2 apartment life we had these, you could have separate controllable households in each house (on one lot) and could go inside your neighbour's house without a loading screen.

TS3-Apartment-Life-the-sims-2-apartment-life-21494075-600-449.jpg

It's common where I live to have terraced houses, think Coronation Street:

Coronation%20Street10_2.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Cinderellimouse
    Oooo I remember I used this lot in TS2 ! My Sims was in the red house :blush: I never put any neighbors in the other houses though, and never payed attention to them (I guess there probably were NPCs), which put in perspective my initial disappointment with the no building of apartments. I think among all the apartments and row houses I played with in TS2, only one of them had several played families :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    @Cinderellimouse
    Oooo I remember I used this lot in TS2 ! My Sims was in the red house :blush: I never put any neighbors in the other houses though, and never payed attention to them (I guess there probably were NPCs), which put in perspective my initial disappointment with the no building of apartments. I think among all the apartments and row houses I played with in TS2, only one of them had several played families :D

Ah, see I really liked having my Sims as close neighbours. I really liked the trailer park and the run-down apartment as well. I am excited for the apartments in CL, I think they will be good. But I'm still wishing for more tools that I can do my own stuff with one day, and I'd like for my own builds like the one in the pic at the top to function a little better. You can see there are more shops down on the right? I'm hoping Sims who don't own the lot will be able to use those spaces to sell things with the gallery wall and the sales table too.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Cinderellimouse

Ah, see I really liked having my Sims as close neighbours. I really liked the trailer park and the run-down apartment as well. I am excited for the apartments in CL, I think they will be good. But I'm still wishing for more tools that I can do my own stuff with one day, and I'd like for my own builds like the one in the pic at the top to function a little better. You can see there are more shops down on the right? I'm hoping Sims who don't own the lot will be able to use those spaces to sell things with the gallery wall and the sales table too.

I think it's part because Apartments came so late in TS2 that at that time I had a lot of households, a lot of Sims, and long loading screens so my rotation was so sloooooow that I didn't have that many young adults graduating and looking for a new house.

I recall a Guru commented on adjacent lots (or was it walls on the edge of the lot ?) and apparently it was really tricky with lots of edge case and potential bugs but I can't find where I read it. I think it would open up a lot of possibilities though.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I've already posted this but the reality is the EA/Maxis is simply not going to devote the same effort to an EP as that did in the past for the same price. I think if you buy the next two stuff packs and the next game pack along with this EP and then pretend all four purchases are a single EP then you'll feel better about the content- not the price of course but that's the nature of business, finding the spot where the least amount f effort will deliver the greatest return.

At this point I don't consider CL a pack including apartments- just a strange new neighborhood set up- and after backing out that feature and comparing what's left with what was offered via GT it comes out better in the one for one equation. So, I was happy with GT and in the end I most likely will like CL. It just means we'll never have apartments in the way so many of us have wanted them but oh well- that's just builders left out, right? Except I can't wait for the people who typically go looking for builds to flesh out their town and find there's nothing for them too, because the builders couldn't even share the apartments shells they have done themselves to the gallery. But still, it's really just the builder's getting the short end of the stick.

Until Seasons rolls around and can't be patched in to each existing world either... and pets can't be added to the family panel due to culling issues, turning them into something closer to automatons then pets... and supernaturals come (maybe) one to a gamepack and even then probably will be only vampires and witches. So, you know there's a lot of other people's turns coming and everyone get's the family players experience.

That said, I'll probably buy the pack. I can get it on pre-sale, immediately for $30.00- so the equation becomes 2 trips to the movies (with only a soda at the concession stand) or this pack. The equation balances out and I'll most likely get more hours enjoyment from the pack even in it's stunted, half baked form..... then again, I might just watch LGR's review on Halloween and walk away- lol.

There are ways builders can build apartments.... They can make apartments by just leaving one piece of the wall in each room open ( we can close them off after getting them) and they can use #apartment, or #CLapartment, or even include apartment in the name of the item. I plan to look for builds in the gallery, I love the way some builders decorate.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Eh, Plum it!

Though I am a very bummed that we can't uploading apartments - me being a builder but there is a bit of a workaround @JasonAnthonySterling . Just take a look at this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/902379/tutorial-how-to-share-apartments-in-the-gallery-for-the-upcoming-city-life/p1?new=1

@MrMonty96 @SimGuruDrake @stilljustme2 @SheriSim57 Yes, I know (again), I stated in my longer post above that there is a work around- it's been posted by not only this individual BUT also by MYSELF a few months back AND by OTHERS IN THE PAST as well, all of us independently trying to help someone at the time. However, if you are not a frequenter of this forum how likely is it that you have seen it? Have you seen my post or any of the others in the past? It's easy to miss stuff here even when it's posted more than once. Personally I'm not entirely bummed about UPLOADING apartments, as I said I know the work around. It's really unfortunate that the team at EA/Maxis was not given the resources to try to establish a solution (see my longer post for one possible way around it) but in the end doesn't affect me overly much and is just one more thorn for the side. I do believe there will be people however that have difficulty DOWNLOADING rooms as a puzzle and then trying to put them back together OR even finding them in the cascade of rooms uploads that is going to grow exponentially with this pack. (Shrug) I hope from here on out others will PLEASE read my entire posts- I KNOW we can still upload and download rooms/ I KNOW that there is a workaround for uploading an entire structure with interior walls that the game reads as a room BUT I ALSO KNOW that it's possible to program the uploading feature of the game to simply stamp an apartment build with the building it's from and even an icon showing placement within the building when the apartment is uploaded by the player AND have that upload be located in a new category for those builds, providing far greater ease of use by the downloader- they just didn't do it.

BTW: Here's a link- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15176835/#Comment_15176835 -to the posts where I outlined the "saving a house as a room" technique that I use (Rosemow posted a link to a different method on the same page as well) around 6-7 weeks ago. Actually SheriSim57 you posted there too.

I suggested both methods suggested here-

@HopeTah Start with a structure, your own or from the gallery

09-08-16_8-47-56nbspPM_zps6xdz1baq.png

Select connecting walls to remove

09-08-16_8-48-09nbspPM_zpst3rukim1.png

Once there are no longer solid dividing walls the structure is read as a room.

09-08-16_8-48-22nbspPM_zpsgsinguus.png

Click on a wall with the pointer and the option to extend it by dragging appears

09-08-16_8-48-32nbspPM_zpse1vckeuu.png

Reconnect all the walls using this method

09-08-16_8-48-46nbspPM_zpscqicoqk9.png

Here, due to the method of reconnect the walls appear solid and act solid but the game reads the structure as a " single room"

09-08-16_8-49-01nbspPM_zpscsoxmzew.png

Save the structure as a room and then you can place it on any lot with another structure as you would any room but it is in fact an entire structure. I haven't furnished these examples but furnishings, windows, doors ect. make no difference.

AND just leaving a chunk of wall out.

Here's a photo example: In this shot all the walls are in place and the structure can only be saved as a lot.

09-08-16_7-48-40nbspPM_zpsgkpvkszo.png

Removing a single panel from each connecting wall causes the structure to be read as a room that can then be save and place on a lot with another structure. There's also a build trick where you can in fact replace the missing walls and still have the game read it and save it as a room but this is easier and quicker to explain.

09-08-16_7-49-10nbspPM_zpswvlfhgjx.png

I STILL don't think it's an acceptable solution for the gallery.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Eh, Plum it!

@MrMonty96 @SimGuruDrake @stilljustme2 @SheriSim57 Yes, I know (again), I stated in my longer post above that there is a work around- it's been posted by not only this individual BUT also by MYSELF a few months back AND by OTHERS IN THE PAST as well, all of us independently trying to help someone at the time. However, if you are not a frequenter of this forum how likely is it that you have seen it? Have you seen my post or any of the others in the past? It's easy to miss stuff here even when it's posted more than once. Personally I'm not entirely bummed about UPLOADING apartments, as I said I know the work around. It's really unfortunate that the team at EA/Maxis was not given the resources to try to establish a solution (see my longer post for one possible way around it) but in the end doesn't affect me overly much and is just one more thorn for the side. I do believe there will be people however that have difficulty DOWNLOADING rooms as a puzzle and then trying to put them back together OR even finding them in the cascade of rooms uploads that is going to grow exponentially with this pack. (Shrug) I hope from here on out others will PLEASE read my entire posts- I KNOW we can still upload and download rooms/ I KNOW that there is a workaround for uploading an entire structure with interior walls that the game reads as a room BUT I ALSO KNOW that it's possible to program the uploading feature of the game to simply stamp an apartment build with the building it's from and even an icon showing placement within the building when the apartment is uploaded by the player AND have that upload be located in a new category for those builds, providing far greater ease of use by the downloader- they just didn't do it.

BTW: Here's a link- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15176835/#Comment_15176835 -to the posts where I outlined the "saving a house as a room" technique that I use (Rosemow posted a link to a different method on the same page as well) around 6-7 weeks ago. Actually SheriSim57 you posted there too.

Click on a wall with the pointer and the option to extend it by dragging appears

Here, due to the method of reconnect the walls appear solid and act solid but the game reads the structure as a " single room"

Save the structure as a room and then you can place it on any lot with another structure as you would any room but it is in fact an entire structure. I haven't furnished these examples but furnishings, windows, doors ect. make no difference.

Here's a photo example: In this shot all the walls are in place and the structure can only be saved as a lot.

Removing a single panel from each connecting wall causes the structure to be read as a room that can then be save and place on a lot with another structure. There's also a build trick where you can in fact replace the missing walls and still have the game read it and save it as a room but this is easier and quicker to explain.

You don't, but as you can't place the external structure anyway, what would be the point in allowing us to upload what we couldn't place in the first place?

In an ideal world, without being able to place the external structure, your solution would be...?
    All this thread literally is, is a few certain simmers trying to shame people for liking Sims 4. Im looking forward to city living, only complaints are lack of life state and no buildable apartments. I still don't think it's half baked or missing features. Apparently it's okay for Sims 3 to have horrible half baked features, or even an entire expansion pack that only works in one world that barely even functions if you're lucky, but it's not okay to have 1 lack of apartments.

I am excited for City Living, I will be purchasing City living, I will be purchasing future content. I do not think Sims 4 is half bake, and I'm not defending that just to feed someones ego, get over it.

Edit; just comparing Sims 3 retail, spas and restaurants to Sims 4 is a complete joke. They were all rabbit holes for one unless you got the store pack.

Kids couldn't even dine out, the restaurants were always dead, the chef was also the waiter and food magically poofed ready in seconds from an enchanted oven.

There were no restocking fees, you could only sell furniture In the catalogue (no crafts), and any sim could EASILY be convinced to buy anything.

I am tired of people looking for every chance to put down the Sims 4 and not even remembering basic stuff like children not even being able to play instruments or go out to a RESTAURANT and try to say Sims 4 does everything worse. Almost every item Sims 4 has been better than Sims 3. DJ booths have waay more songs, karaoke has more songs and duets, chocolate fountain comas with other juices, ice-cream maker comes with around 35 flavors compared to Sims 3's like 5 ice-cream flavors. And everything has been soo much better priced too.

I'm not aware of the expansion pack that only works in one world BUT I, for one, did not think the half baked features in the Sims 3 were "okay". I don't think the horrible bugs and glitches that were never fixed (Island Paradise being a glaring example) is okay. I have stated that Spa Day/ Dine Out and the Retail system are ALL vast improvements over Sims 3 but I'm not blind to their limitations and the fact that they did stop short in several ways. I expect the Sims 4 to be not just better but greater than the Sims 3. I have (had :/) high expectations for this iteration and simply saying it's better in one way or another over a game that started production ten years ago is not saying it's great. It should be better as a given over an older title- it should be great out of a desire to excel.
    Arletta wrote: »

Eh, Plum it!

You don't, but as you can't place the external structure anyway, what would be the point in allowing us to upload what we couldn't place in the first place?

In an ideal world, without being able to place the external structure, your solution would be...?

@Arletta What are you talking about?
    edited October 2016

Eh, Plum it!

You said that you don't uploading apartments as rooms is an acceptable solution for the gallery. Knowing that we can't place the shell of them in our worlds, what to you is an acceptable solution for the gallery?
    edited October 2016

Eh, Plum it!

You said that you don't uploading apartments as rooms is an acceptable solution for the gallery. Knowing that we can't place the shell of them in our worlds, what to you is an acceptable solution for the gallery?

@Arletta Umm, I outlined it in the very post you quoted from me... I've bolded it above, what I think should have and should be done. In the meantime people can try the work arounds but I think they will be cumbersome and largely ineffective for anything but the smallest builds.

EDIT: It's the bolded part above the section with the pictures outlining the work around.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    A lot of people in this topic for some reason think that they need to defend the fact that they like the game. No they do not. Good for them. I'm merely asking what will be EA's incentive to make the next iteration better. Because if you can make a mediocre game and sell many units, what is the point in investing more effort?
    mirta000 wrote: »
    A lot of people in this topic for some reason think that they need to defend the fact that they like the game. No they do not. Good for them. I'm merely asking what will be EA's incentive to make the next iteration better. Because if you can make a mediocre game and sell many units, what is the point in investing more effort?

You are calling for that though. Your basic point is that if the folks who like it don't buy it then they're forced to fix it, which makes those who are happy and buying immediately go on the defensive. You said nothing of those who are unhappy but will buy or those that just buy anyway.

It's a faulty premise based on assumptions on your part. There is no incentive on their part to fix it. There never has been. There never will be. They'll make it how they want regardless of what we want.
    edited October 2016
    I think this iteration is the best so far. In my opinion, it is not mediocre. What's my incentive to not buy and enjoy it? There is none. I am under no obligation to give up my opinion about the game because someone else disagrees with it.

No, you're not. Just don't expect the future to be any better. And you can subjectively think that this iteration is better. However objectively over 200 features were cut when comparing to previous iterations.
    You are calling for that though. Your basic point is that if the folks who like it don't buy it then they're forced to fix it, which makes those who are happy and buying immediately go on the defensive. You said nothing of those who are unhappy but will buy or those that just buy anyway.

It's a faulty premise based on assumptions on your part. There is no incentive on their part to fix it. There never has been. There never will be. They'll make it how they want regardless of what we want.

No, my premise is that the franchise is doomed. That's about it. Nothing to do with you being forced to not to buy things.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I hope the EP will sell well, and I hope EA will make more cuts in the next packs. Huge cuts and feature removal is a great thing. Those who are buying and enjoying good for them.

I don't think the worst thing about City Living that it will sell well. I think the worst thing about City Living is opening the door for more plum empty packs that take longer to produce! The best thing about all this is that the money I supposed to pay will go for some other game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I think this iteration is the best so far. In my opinion, it is not mediocre. What's my incentive to not buy and enjoy it? There is none. I am under no obligation to give up my opinion about the game because someone else disagrees with it.

No, you're not. Just don't expect the future to be any better. And you can subjectively think that this iteration is better. However objectively over 200 features were cut when comparing to previous iterations.

I'd be perfectly happy if the future was this good, thanks.

And "objectively" it has features that previous editions didn't have as well as not having some that previous editions have. It is also not an objective matter whether those features are missed: there are many that I, personally, don't miss or am happy to not have; other people will have their own set of subjective preferences around previous games' features. Which features I would like to have again is also a subjective matter. And objectively, they weren't "cut": they were not added. This is a new game, not a recoding of old ones. You can't cut things you don't make in the first place. (Nitpicky, that last point, but it's been bugging me for two years, so I'm finally saying it.)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I think that apartments in sims 2 and 4 give you different things and neither of them is better or worse.
    Sims 2 apartments give you the build aspect and the ability to visit other households without loading screen.
    Sims 4 apartments give you the gameplay aspect with different quality apartments, lot traits, friends that will randomly come over if you give them a key, or neighbors that ask to take a shower + the amazing views
    I'd be perfectly happy if the future was this good, thanks.

And "objectively" it has features that previous editions didn't have as well as not having some that previous editions have. It is also not an objective matter whether those features are missed: there are many that I, personally, don't miss or am happy to not have; other people will have their own set of subjective preferences around previous games' features. Which features I would like to have again is also a subjective matter. And objectively, they weren't "cut": they were not added. This is a new game, not a recoding of old ones. You can't cut things you don't make in the first place. (Nitpicky, that last point, but it's been bugging me for two years, so I'm finally saying it.)

well I hope that you don't miss many more things as it progresses into Sims 5 and 6 and 7. After all, why stop at cutting one life stage when you can cut more? Why stop at cutting terrain and create a world tools, if you can also cut the majority of the build mode? After all if you weren't one to make gardens, you won't miss all those trees.