Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @CravenLestat: great patterns

@lanlyn: great updates

@king_of_simcity7: great updates

@PalmArrow: great updates

@imdragonit: great updates

@TadOlson: great updates

@msbeckycat: great updates

@all: great updates.
    :) Smile!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @slynnski thank you. I'm pleased you enjoy the atmosphere I've been trying to create with my Witches Village.

Thank you also to others who have commented. Also a big thank you to everyone who has read and enjoyed my posts and especially to people who have given Awesomes and Likes.

I plan to leave the surface of the Witches Village as desolate as possible - but there will be activity below ground. Hidden away and only seen when playing a particular household.

I have so far placed all of the Dragon Valley witches into their homes and have packed and moved two household from Riverview and placed them into their new homes in Dragon Valley.

The homes in Dragon Valley are in no way completely decorated, even though many of them now have their initial residents. Sims may move around as the game progresses.

Next step is to incorporate this Dragon Valley world into the big game.

I've launched the big game. The currently active world is Barnacle Bay and I did manage to get a couple of screen shots of it.

The boarding school was the active household when the game opened. I quickly found Ben as he is living at the boarding school. Ben is a new witch I made fairly recently and have played for a short time. I like him and almost added him to the Dragon Valley group until I remembered I'd already placed him into the big game and didn't want to have problems by having two of him.

A while back I accidentally ended up with two copies of Harry Flower. That was caused by some glitch and the result was I could't open Sunlit Tides and I have a lot of my Sims in that world. In the end I had to go back to an earlier save. Fortunately I give it a new number after each save. I've had to delete a lot of those saves to free up space as the Big Game is currently at almost Save 600.

This is the only picture I have of Ben at the moment, and I've shown it before. He's the witch I'm going to send to Dragon Valley to get that world into my Big Game.
    Ben003.jpg
    Of course, the version of the world he arrives at will be a brand new clean version of Dragon Valley. I'll send him back to Barnacle Bay as soon as he gets to Dragon Valley.

When Ben gets safely back to Barnacle Bay I'll save and close down the game.

After closing the game, I'll edit the Save by replacing the world files relating to Dragon Valley with the files I pick up from my latest save of the Dragon Valley with the Witches Village in it. That's the way I got the Fairy Village into the Big Game and it worked well that time.

When I have confirmed I have a good version of the witches village in my Big Game I'll send Ben to Legacy Island III to pick up Dora and Vince and their children.

Dora and Vince have several babies (I have no idea how many but it is more than one) and they also have Dora's Plant Sim son, Charlie.

Charlie was first picked (and named) a week or so before the Chicken Coop was released by the Sims 3 Store.

I placed the chicken coop into the game I was playing at the time and he enjoyed the baby chickens and Dora enjoyed arguing with Charles the Evil Chicken.

I made an in game video of this interaction and it has had a lot of views. For some reason I can't watch any of my videos on my computer so I stopped making them.

This is the link to the movie in my studio if you're interested and are able to actually watch them.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=449102

I abandoned that game not long after making the movie/video. Hence, Charlie has never aged up beyond a child.

As my game has progressed I've added Sims from previous games as I needed them.

I had Dora and Vince as unrelated individuals in this new big game for ages - before it got big. When they got together autonomously in the Big Game, and I was bringing new Sims into my game I went to that old save and extracted Charlie and two others who are witches and are now living in Hidden Springs in my Big Game, and will be moving to Dragon Valley too.

I was planning to use Master Controller to link up this newer version of Dora with Charlie - but that linking happened all by itself. I was a bit surprised to see they were already mother and son in their family trees.

Back to now...

When I launched my Big Game last night the Boarding School lot was active and the first Sim I spotted was Ben. I had thought I'd have to go looking for him and it might take a while but there he was.

I almost just grabbed him to send him to Dragon Valley - but I got a notice to say some items were missing and had been replaced. I had a quick think and decided to ignore that. I'll live with the consequences if I ever discover them. Then I had a quick panic because one of my favourite Sims has had a mishap in the past where I deleted his skin and it turned out no other skin gives him the look I want for him so I had to put back the 3 skins I had removed because I couldn't identify them. Fortunately he was back to normal after that.

I knew I hadn't removed any skins this time, but I needed reassurance that he was still ok.

This is what I found...

A night shot of part of the Fairy Village - they mostly live underground but above ground is highly decorated.
    Fairy_Village001.jpg

I knew Nate and Penelope had a baby - but I was surprised to see two of them lying on the floor.
    Penelope_Stephanie_Gloria001.jpg

At first I thought she must have had twins, but they are different ages. Their names are Stephanie and Gloria. I do recall using those names a while ago. So I must have been around when they had the babies.

Gloria is the eldest and ages up in 1 day. Stephanie will age up in 5 days. I will play them until both babies have aged up.

I always seem to have extreme difficulty getting a picture of Penelope. I've a lot of shots of her in the distance or with her back to me. I tried really hard this time and almost got her facing the front.

Penelope001.jpg

Penelope_Stephanie001.jpg

This is Nate. I made Penelope for him and they actually liked each other and autonomously became a couple. Now they are married and having babies.
    Nate_Gloria001.jpg

Nate is a painter and makes beautiful paintings.

So now I'll play Nate and Penelope for a little while. I'm not sure if I'll wait for both babies to age up - maybe I'll return to them later but I do want to have Gloria as a toddler before I grab Ben and head off to Legacy Island III to collect Dora and her family. Then I'll send Ben to Hidden Springs to collect the other mother and daughter. Unfortunately I forget their names but I'll get them.

BTW: This is the Fawn I talk about occasionally. I haven't decided if I'll use this one (that I downloaded from MoonSkins93 site) or if I'll try to make one of my own.
    Brooding_Fawn.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Evalen I use photobucket,it works 97 percent of the time but every now and then the images will explode and be broken links but they usually fix it within a few hours at most a day if bad.It holds a very large amount of pictures completely free.

Thanks I did go to photobucket and that is what I used to post the above pictures. Seems it was easier then tinypic, and didn't keep clicking off for ad, as the ads were build in so to say as it was uploading. I like it.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Evalen You are welcome <3 and I like you dont have to copy anything just click the pic link it insta copies for you after lighting up orange and you just paste on here.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2016
    So I installed a few mods for the first time: Errortrap, Overwatch, and Traveler. I'm really excited because the glitch that kept me from traveling is finally fixed. Yay! I have some updates already.
    screenshot-621.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Vivienne took Chats on a nice vacation to Shang Simla.
    screenshot-622.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    So she could work on her martial arts...
    screenshot-623.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    And he could work on his..er...painting. He did end up maximizing his painting skill in China, halfway toward becoming Master of the Arts.
    screenshot-631.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    They went home and Vivienne became involved in community activities as usual.
    screenshot-633.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Meanwhile, Eleven grew into a toddler and Chats doted on him like a proud grandfather.
    screenshot-634.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Tribus spent some time outdoors and actually enjoyed it!
    screenshot-642.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Yet again, Finalia got restless and asked Chats to go with her to Champs Les Sims. He obliged and spent his his time filling the halls of the family castle with music.
    screenshot-638.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    This is why I love Finalia. She has a castle in Champs Les Sims with beautiful four-poster beds, and instead she wants to sleep in a sleeping bag on the kitchen floor (after a home-cooked ratatouille dinner).
    screenshot-648.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    In the days there, Finalia got comfortable with a local merchant.
    screenshot-637.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Chats reached his LTW to be Master of the Arts, and it wasn't long before the two headed back home.
    screenshot-651.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Rejuvenated, Finalia enjoyed her time at home with Eleven.
    screenshot-652.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Then, she found that another surprise was on its way.
    screenshot-656.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-618.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    screenshot-653.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    Chathsshalam (AKA Chats) just gets along with everyone, doesn't he? :D
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Hemera123 -Thanks for your comment.
    @Gernadia -Thanks for the comment.
    @CravenLestat -You're not the only one unable to play yesterday because I didn't load up either.I've got your patterns and the models could all be used to make wives for guys in a legacy or to make social workers in CAS.Great pictures!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.
    @slynnski -You might watch out for getting over 100 NRaas Mod files because that's how high the numbers get when you use almost all of the collection.I found that making story progression more like the Sims 2 version fixed most of the issues though it left me aving to do TS2 rotational play to manage the town.Thanks for the comment.
    @Simsphonique -Thanks for your comment.
    @MoonandStars83 -Twallan is responsible for fixing our games and others took over the Mods.
    @Minx -Hi there!It might be your browser if you're using the latest Firefox because it started being a pain with v40.I would downgrade to v39 if that's the browser you use and get some extensions like cookies ok.
    @lanlyn -I love building my own shells for rabbit holes and using the rugs.Thanks for the comment.Great pictrues!
    @venusdemilosims -Thanks for your comment.
    @Evalen -Great pictures!
    @imdragonit -Hi there!Thanks for your comment.Great picture!
    @Puddinroy -Thanks for the comment.
    @WestGhost -I never had travel glitches before adding the Mods though I had many other issues that forced me to add Mods.Great update!
    @Karritz -Great update!I suspect a social worker might've caused a save to corrupt be removing a child behind your bakc without your knowing it.That ruined one of my earlier saves when it got corrupted and I didn't know why.
    Here's my update below.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1622.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and eating leftover mac and cheese for breakfast though it was starting to go bad.
    28840776584_4177953a8a.jpg
    29356911892_c5c024165a.jpg
    They started painting after doing chores and Eli finished hers.
    29356907912_5932a820f4.jpg
    They ended up getting back into paintings and sold another painting.
    29356897792_35a7860368.jpg
    They got a stray dog shredding their newspaper while they worked on paintings.
    29385499111_27f1f955e6.jpg
    They started getting ready for work in the afternoon and left at 2PM.
    29465168835_29cb760378.jpg
    They got home at 7:30 and were in bed by 8PM.
    28843376343_b6541c8682.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    P. 834
    @lanlyn The path to the police/military/city hall is going to be quite spooky if you have to do it late at night. Great pics.

@venusdemilosims Nice pictures! I loved one with the pirateship.

@Evalen Your town looks amazing! That pizza place is really cute. Junk yard looks good place for hanging out and improving skills.
    @TadOlson thanks for your comment.

No child went missing this time - she had one more than I had expected her to have.

When I do find missing babies or toddlers on returning to a household I've not played for a while I've always been able to get them back by using MasterController to reset the Sims on the lot. Except once when the toddler was gone but I found her as a homeless Sim and still got her back with MasterControlelr but by using a slightly different process.
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Sorry no update yet. Been a hot and stressful day.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

Here's the latest update of my Forsythe Legacy Family, Generation 8.13

Regan Goes to College:

There are 25 pictures contained in the spoiler below:
    As soon as Regan finished up her senior classes, she headed off to University to take some college prep courses.
    KJxs739.jpg

Regan has the attractive LTR, so this happened a lot.
    yNflUgc.jpg
    1wFP4NS.jpg

Regan and Ann Coulter listening to a ghost story.
    x6WQpFb.jpg
    9PwYZdb.jpg

Regan and Richard Randall seem to have really hit it off. Regan wants to be a world traveler.
    uIsqd3v.jpg

Regan and Richard are the first couple I've had that watched the stars autonomously. I wonder what secret he's sharing with her?
    94t4QLW.jpg
    dZH7iid.jpg

Going swimming in the pool.
    ZNY2r93.jpg

This is Madelein Noetal. I believe she is one of the instructors. I've found her outside this building on more than one occasion talking to herself.
    1m3bhy3.jpg
    zpQXVvr.jpg

Here are Zachary and Debbie Warren, obviously married and still very much in love.
    bFDpG1R.jpg
    pBA9f79.jpg
    7025Ba9.jpg

Getting in a little studying.
    lRemmLr.jpg

Some classroom time.
    JxHCyJ4.jpg
    EWcFgme.jpg
    XDoNark.jpg

And a little recreational fun!
    kIHGG5q.jpg
    bj5xDgd.jpg
    9bbRv9I.jpg

Training Ray Wise.
    x5oGeN4.jpg

Making lunch for the dorm.
    3Wox9gc.jpg

I didn't realize you could plant a garden at University! Regan planted some herbs and coffee beans.
    FTRklLQ.jpg

Watching the stars with Derek Khan.
    xEdsoD4.jpg
    Tried clicking awesome on everybody and did so but on @lanlyn post I hit awesome it stayed same number and tried it tons of times then got frustrated and started mashing my mouse clicks on it.So Lanlyn I am not sure if it worked or not your post had a force field would not let me in :#

TY at everybody for the nice comments and still nobody needs that top :( A free top and everybody owns it already?

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Really looking forward to posting again. Hope all other story tellers are doing well and enjoying their gameplay! Miss being here!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @CravenLestat I need it! :tongue:

Great posts everyone. I'm about to go to sleep now :sleeping:
    @lanlyn Fantastic pics! I've never used the science project before so it's interesting seeing it in use. I wonder if the opposite trait is a game mechanic? Davis is a lovely name :smile:
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Love all your pictures and how you play, Very interesting how everyone plays so different. magic, fairies, science, mystery, romance, midlevel, family, generation, small town, cities, country and so much more. It is so interesting that one game and be played in so many ways. I guess this is the magic of Sims 3.
    I took a few screen shots while waiting for Gloria to age up today.

I've been busy with other things besides Sims.

I managed to save the screenshots to postimg site and copied them all to a post here - but I had to take the dogs to the dog park and I had no time to write anything so I saved my draft and when I got home from the dog park I had just enough time to get ready to go to choir practice - so now I'm home from choir and it's almost 11pm and I'm tired - but I better do this writing now so I can move on with the next part of setting up my witches village.

I've been enjoying my time in the fairy village.

Here is what has happened today in the Flower household. (I only had 1 day to wait there for Gloria to age up.)
    I thought this pair (Nate and Penelope) was married, but when I started playing them I discovered they are still just girlfriend/boyfriend.

Maybe they'll have a wedding next time I play their household.
    Nate_Penelope001.jpg

I was surprised they could hug when standing on such a steep slope. They kissed but their faces/lips were in completely different places. I didn't get a pic.
    Nate_Penelope002.jpg

Their house is on a steep hill and I made the top basement start at the top of the hill - consequently the top basement was really small.

The other basements step down as the hill gets wider and when they get to the bottom basement it covers the whole lot.
    Nate_Penelope003.jpg

It was time for Gloria's birthday. Penelope carried her to her cake and helped her blow out her first candle.
    Gloria_Nate_Penelope001.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope002.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope003.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope004.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope005.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope006.jpg

Gloria's sparkles suddenly unfolded and became wings. She inherited her daddy's wing shape.
    Gloria_Nate_Penelope007.jpg

Their dining table is quite small and was completely covered by the cake. Penelope and Nate sat on a love seat to eat birthday cake.
    Nate_Penelope004.jpg

Gloria_Nate_Penelope008.jpg

Gloria tested out her ability to fly - she appears to be standing but she can't walk yet. This is the first time she hovered above the floor - it's a fairy thing.
    Gloria_Nate_Penelope009.jpg

Penelope taught Gloria to walk.
    Gloria_Penelope001.jpg

Then Penelope taught Gloria to talk and potty.
    Gloria_Penelope002.jpg

Gloria has all of the toddler skill books in her inventory and she has a peg box and xylophone to play with but she'll have to wait to learn all of that stuff when I next drop by her place. I have ageing turned off for worlds when I'm not playing them as I want to make sure I don't miss out on the fun of enjoying having a play with at least some of them.

Since I've been training my witches to gain skill at alchemy and science and other things. Here is Nate working on alchemy.
    Nate001.jpg

Nate is a painter - he got an opportunity to deliver a large painting. Here you can just see him painting on his balcony.
    Nate002.jpg

And a closer shot of Nate painting on his balcony.
    Nate003.jpg

Nate004.jpg

I noticed neither of the baby girls in this household had an Imaginary Friend. Somehow, Gloria suddenly had one after her birthday.
    Gloria_Puzzle001.jpg

Here is the brilliant painting Nate painted and delivered to complete his opportunity to deliver a large painting to a sim.
    Nate005.jpg

Penelope completed a small painting she had previously started. It was a brilliant painting too.
    Penelope002.jpg

Nate and Penelope share two traits. They are artistic and eccentric.

image hosting without account
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Oh wow @Karritz that village is so beautiful!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    McTosh wrote: »
    Oh wow @Karritz that village is so beautiful!

Thanks. Problem is I put so many plants in it that I get lag. I have to have my graphics way down too.

On the other hand Dragon Valley, with the bleak witches village runs beautifully and I can turn my graphics up.
    edited October 2016
    @Coco Wins :p Coco what is your Sims 3 store name again.KayzaPlyr ???

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited October 2016
    @Coco You owned the top so instead sent you a free haircut coupon at the Sunlit Tides Hair salon.Called ahead and made you an appointment.Got a feeling they will give you a good one. :p

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    @Karritz I like Penelope's looks. Those frekcles are so cute.

@WestGhost The pic where Chats is drinking from the coconut is hilarious. :D And he really gets along with everyone. Great update.

@TadOlson It looks like Eli's painting is very beautiful. Sometimes it's hard for me to choose do I want to sell or keep the paintings.

@texansky That instructor seems to be little grazy. :D Nice update.

@lanlyn Very interesting updates! Davis looks so cute with his cc baby outfit. I'm sure he'll be happy with Piers and Hera.

@Karritz Great pics! I agree with @McTosh that your fairy village is very beautiful. Sorry to hear that it's lagging. :/

• TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    I've been playing my celebrity family. Kat died but Caroline got the option to bring her back straight after so it's ok. I've made a friend for Drina and Emilie in another household, a teen boy called Jamie. He plays the bass so he can join their band. But I keep trying to send Drina over to meet him but I keep sending her out too late and she gets caught by the cops. I hate the curfew. I find it kind of creepy, the government deciding when teens are allowed out of the house.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    There was nothing on tv last night, so I made The Big Bang Theory cast. I didn't make the sims, I found them on the exchange. I just moved them all into one house.
  • eephraums93eephraums93 Posts: 8 New Member
    Right now, nothing. I keep on getting the sims 3 "no disk authorisation" error and I could scream because the codes are networking on origin. :( But if I were playing it now I would be re building my sims house. Can anyone help me with this error? it will be greatly appreciated. Its driving me insaneeeeeee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top