Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 2 nostalgia

adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
i was listening to the sims 2 sound track and i immediately got happy and tearing up ahhhh the good old days when ea really knew how to amze thier fans like me! and it just makes me sad how is the series today ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_vx-eMtGY (IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE SOUNDTRACK) BUT DONT GET ME WRONG THE SIMS 4 IS A GOOD GAME TODAY BUT THERE WAS SOOO MUCH POTENTIAL! OVERALL CANT WAIT FOR CITYLIVING AND HOPEFULLY IT REVIVES MY LOVE TO THE SIMS 4

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2016
    I really despise the opening sound track that plays when you start up TS4. I wish when you added new EPs they would at least change the opening/loading of game to the newest EP sound tracks like they did for TS2. It made getting a new EP anextra bonus because it changed the opening sound track from the stale, worn out, previous one. But in TS4's case I just really dislike that opening soundtrack for the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Best Sims music was Sims 1. They need to bring back the jazzy tunes in Sims 4 :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    It's funny how music can keep alive the excited feeling you had while loading up the game, wondering what was going to happen today.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I also miss the different EP themes when loading up the older games. Both the opening music and loading screen in TS4 are bland as bland gets.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It interesting yes Sims 2 music rocks. Interesting is that sometimes I have to listen to Sims 3 generation song and Sims 3 into song as well.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I LOVE the music from the sims 1 and 2. I like the fact that music from the sims 2 is in the sims 4. Nice throwback.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I guess I'm in the minority. I got SO SICK of the music in Sims 2 I'd turn the volume down whenever I was in build/buy mode. Then I installed Uni. Now THAT music I like, so I turn the volume back up, lol.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    My favorite sims soundtrack is from Sims 1 but I love the sims 2 radio stations
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    cool everyone YOU GUYS SEEM TO LOVE SIMS 1 AND 2 XD ALOT!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I enjoy listening to the intro sound track of the Sim Life Stories and also the pop music when Sims play the radio. :)
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I recently installed TS2 UC (it's been in my Origin library but I never actually installed it) and when the music first started. It not that I loved the game so much but that was.. I'm not sure I can describe that feeling.
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I recently installed TS2 UC (it's been in my Origin library but I never actually installed it) and when the music first started. It not that I loved the game so much but that was.. I'm not sure I can describe that feeling.

FOR ME THAT SOUNDTRACK NOSTALGIC @dorcsyful
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    dorcsyful wrote: »

FOR ME THAT SOUNDTRACK NOSTALGIC @dorcsyful

I think I'm too young to be able to use the world "nostalgic" properly.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really despise the opening sound track that plays when you start up TS4. I wish when you added new EPs they would at least change the opening/loading of game to the newest EP sound tracks like they did for TS2. It made getting a new EP anextra bonus because it changed the opening sound track from the stale, worn out, previous one. But in TS4's case I just really dislike that opening soundtrack for the game.

I loved that too, the extra excitement factor. After installing a brand new EP and then just dyyying to play it, then when the new music plays on the loading screen just get EVEN more excited.
    I was really disappointed to find out that Sims4 didn't change... I'm so bored with the music from it.
  • chewpikkachewpikka Posts: 42 Member
    love the sims 2 soundtrack! sims 1 gives me the most nostalgia but i think sims 4 has the most pleasant music i would actually listen to if not playing sims :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I really fell in love with some songs in The Sims 2 University. I even bought several of the real songs because of it. I have it exported if I want to smile. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I really fell in love with some songs in The Sims 2 University. I even bought several of the real songs because of it. I have it exported if I want to smile. :mrgreen:

oh hi @Rflong7 cool! i would defintely get them but i dont know the actual song names i know a bout from sims 3 thought! btw i am a great fan of your worlds :)
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

at some point TS4's music & sounds went so much on my nerves that i started to play without music
    never happened before with sims games, sometimes, when TS3's CAS is extremely slow or i am just in a bad mood i turn for some time music off in one of the previous games (1,2,3), but that's always only temporary & some of the music is more than just nostalgia, some of the sims music is downright awesome, no matter which of the first three
    but TS4's music ? they sing not even anymore in simlish & all those jingles ... it went all downhill :confused:

edit
    & the bug with the overlapping music, yep ...

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    I will never get tired of TS2. No matter what. It brings back way too many wonderful memories for me. :-) I will forever be thankful to my dad for introducing me to the game. I'll never forget whenever I came back home from a Valentine's day party in 1st grade and headed to my parent's room to let them know I was home. And there my dad was, playing TS2 on his bulky PC. I was amazed at how the sims were just doing their own thing. I asked him if I could play, and he told me no, as the game was not for kids. I never bothered asking ever since. Then several years later (2009), he saw me playing a game online called habbo. It was more of a chat site but an interactive one. That's when he said "I know a game you'd like". And that's when he plopped the disc in and installed the game. I've been hooked ever since and never looked back! :D
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    The Sims 2 music is probably what inspired the creation of The Sims 3 iconic theme. Though I do enjoy The Sims 2 music, I feel that The Sims 3 theme should be the staple of the series as a whole.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I don't know the name of it, but there's a piece in build mode that reminds me of the rural southern USA. There's a section in it where I can picture a hitch of 3 or 4 L&N (Louisville & Nashville) locomotives pulling a 150 car coal drag from West Virginia through the Appalachians to Chattanooga or maybe Norfolk.
  • KateEmeraldKateEmerald Posts: 240 Member
    I sometimes like to walk down memory lane and listen to the Sims 1 music and just lean back and remember simpler times :).

Like many people I have been playing the Sims since Sims 1 and basically grew up playing it so memories of the game will always be connected with parts of being a kid/teenager!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    To expand on my earlier post, I think it's because of the whoo-whoo sound that runs through it, like the steam whistles on the old steam powered locomotives, and it's done in a haunting sort of way - like something coming through from the past.
  • SimwatchSimwatch Posts: 6 New Member
    I was the same way. Sims 2 has some great music and little jingles on TVs. If it wasn't for the fact I like listening to YouTube videos while I play I'd keep the game audio turned up.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    > @SataiDelennn said:
    > I guess I'm in the minority. I got SO SICK of the music in Sims 2 I'd turn the volume down whenever I was in build/buy mode. Then I installed Uni. Now THAT music I like, so I turn the volume back up, lol.

Same here with Sims 2 Nightlife. Always HATED the Sims 2 build mode music, but when I installed the Nightlife expansion pack I loved it.