Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer ive Always had the issue, wether i had windows 8 or windows 10 as i got now. But i take my screenshot with the windows key and prtsc which works perfectly fine at the moment. Just interested what MC command could give me in form of story creating aspect (:then i would consider looking more into finding the folder

Here's an idea, browse this thread, some of us have been talking about playing our games with MC:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899327/s4-modded-gameplay-stories-hostess-egwarhammer-aka-the-mc-mods-cheerleader

:)

I *saw* a thread, and posted in it, from somebody with that same "I can't find my game files" issue... but it's been a long time ago now, and I hope rosemow remembers the one I mean and can find it, because I really need to go to bed.

I'll check back in tonight, though, before work. :)
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    You should check your documents. Then, you'll see a folder that say "Electronic Arts," inside you'll see "Sims 4" then you'll see a whole bunch of folders including tray, screenshots, and mods. This is the mods folder you want.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I also use a pc, and this is how I find my mods folder.

Oh i know but i dont have a EA folder haha

• BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Just curious before I go about and do a more tourough search for mod-conflicts: When I want to take my sim out to a nice resturant in Dine Out there is no employees at the resturant. So my sim can not get seeted, can not order from the menu etc. Is there a setting in MCCC that might conflift here? Thinking of the # of sims on lot, but not really sure what I am thinking....

Did you read the post rosemow linked? Funny thing, I just wrote it yesterday. Good timing, huh? :smiley:

You're on the right track, it IS the (non-default) number of sims on the RESTAURANT lot that's the problem.

Removing restaurants from the lots you want your numbers changed on will allow your employees to show up to work again. There's a path to it in that post. :)

Deaderpool says they might be doing restaurants differently somehow, he was going to look into it to see if he could figure out what was getting snagged on those lots, nobody's reported any trouble from any other venue type.

I saw it, shrugged my shoulders (Odd things never happens to me mentality) and moved on. Then I stumbled over the resturant issue for the SECOND time and I saught help, slapped my head and shouted: "So THATS what it meant!" The solution worked like a charm btw! Thank you! <3
    AMB.jpg
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2016
    @WiggleyTuff Did I clear up your problem?

BTW that info and a detailed description about how to install a mod in on rlinmotion. On the right-hand side of the page, I have a navigation bar that will take you to the MCC FAQ Page. It says "MC Command Center FAQ." The information under question 1c will be helpful for you :)

Keep us posted.
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    @egwarhammer --I will check (at least part) of the troubleshooter fairly soon just because you want me to :). Maybe my question was confusing, but I guess I am wondering why I shouldn't update the blog if you want me to check the troubleshooter b/c idea of MCC FAQ is to
    pretty much = Troubleshooter (I know I need to update it, but that's the idea). So it seems to me if one is obsolete after 3.0 drops, the other will be too. Would you mind explaining this to me? (it will also give me a heads up as to what I should critique and what I should ignore when it comes to what I find confusing about the troubleshooter.)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2016

There is one for sure. It might be invisible or hidden in an unusual place but it's definitely there - somewhere. :)

The game won't work without it.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited October 2016
    You should check your documents. Then, you'll see a folder that say "Electronic Arts," inside you'll see "Sims 4" then you'll see a whole bunch of folders including tray, screenshots, and mods. This is the mods folder you want.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I also use a pc, and this is how I find my mods folder.

Hello @WiggleyTuff
    If you have One drive or use Google drive, check to see if the Documents-electronic arts folder is there.

Try turning on hidden files
    http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10.html

Have you always had the issue of missing the electronic arts folder, or was it there on your computer at one time?
    If it has always been missing, did you buy the game digitally or did you install it through a DVD?
    @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum don't make it harder than it needs to be... just flip through the PDF, pretend you've never seen it before. When you run into something that makes you go ??? ... that's what I want to know about.

This goes for ANYBODY who's ever read the latest Troubleshooter included with MC downloads. I worked hard on making it understandable regardless of a player's experience level. With the game, mods, anything.

Sounds like I missed at least one spot (waiting for details on where)... if there's more, I'd really REALLY like to know NOW, ahead of the CL patch, so I can get the parts updated that are not MC-specific.

Guess who woke up a little early? ;)
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi all
    I've just noticed that some of my Sims kids genealogy shows their great-grandparents and some of them don't. Is there something on the MC mod that can edit family relationships so that great-grandparents are shown in the kids genealogy? It seems a shame that the first generation will be forgotten the further down the family tree one goes :/
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've just noticed that some of my Sims kids genealogy shows their great-grandparents and some of them don't. Is there something on the MC mod that can edit family relationships so that great-grandparents are shown in the kids genealogy? It seems a shame that the first generation will be forgotten the further down the family tree one goes :/

If they've been culled, there's no way to fix that. Well, one workaround, you could reroll or re-add them, if you have them saved to your library, and make the connections then. Use the parents to attach the grandparents, you can't do it from the kid level. I don't think. Direct ties, IIRC.

I'm not a ghost expert. But I believe if you mark sims for Never Cull and then release their ghosts to the Netherworld, that's enough to keep your family trees intact.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, this is important.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @egwarhammer
    I set the MCCC settings to not cull period. And it's why the Elders in my game don't live past 1 to 2 days. As soon as they become an elder, I move them into my Cemetery with a Ghost Caretaker. Then use the MCCC Sim Commands to kill the elders with old age. I have the ghost caretaker summon them, add them to family, and then send then have them return to the netherworld. They still show up in the family trees (so far), and I don't have to worry about them any longer.

Then again, I do my own culling ... I don't think I've ever had more than 120 Sims in my worlds at any given time. Most game generated townie sims that are are created for things that are used, I set to no aging, and delete the ones not being used.
    Hi all

If they've been culled, there's no way to fix that. Well, one workaround, you could reroll or re-add them, if you have them saved to your library, and make the connections then. Use the parents to attach the grandparents, you can't do it from the kid level. I don't think. Direct ties, IIRC.

I'm not a ghost expert. But I believe if you mark sims for Never Cull and then release their ghosts to the Netherworld, that's enough to keep your family trees intact.

Ok so high relationship between all members of the family throughout all generations including the ghosts should ensure unbroken family trees? Some of the ghosts are residents of the old people's home while some are at their family homes, would that have something to do with the situation I'm finding? If it is, how does one move gravestones from one lot to another?
    Sorry for all the questions, my brain went into over-drive :)
    @egwarhammer
    I set the MCCC settings to not cull period. And it's why the Elders in my game don't live past 1 to 2 days. As soon as they become an elder, I move them into my Cemetery with a Ghost Caretaker. Then use the MCCC Sim Commands to kill the elders with old age. I have the ghost caretaker summon them, add them to family, and then send then have them return to the netherworld. They still show up in the family trees (so far), and I don't have to worry about them any longer.

Then again, I do my own culling ... I don't think I've ever had more than 120 Sims in my worlds at any given time. Most game generated townie sims that are are created for things that are used, I set to no aging, and delete the ones not being used.

Thanks! One thing, you meant Household not Family there, right? So as not to mess up the original tree links?
    And about the number of sims, at 156 I'm starting to think about turning a few loose, aka deleting them from this game.

I have 7 more babies incoming, and when a hood gets up to around 200 here, either something conflicts and blows up the hood (new patches, anybody?), or I get overwhelmed and pull the plug. Trying to figure out how NOT to have either thing happen. WIP, though. ;)
    Hi all

Ok so high relationship between all members of the family throughout all generations including the ghosts should ensure unbroken family trees? Some of the ghosts are residents of the old people's home while some are at their family homes, would that have something to do with the situation I'm finding? If it is, how does one move gravestones from one lot to another?
    Sorry for all the questions, my brain went into over-drive :)

Relationship LEVELS don't have anything to do with the Family Tree. It's based on the family TIES, and when a sim is culled, the ties break.

I'm not at all familiar with ghosts, and a newbie at generational play, I rarely get beyond 3 generations before I start a new game (various reasons). Also, I play on long and have edited my Age Span settings, so I really don't have sims die often at all, here. I've only had a couple of games with a Grim Reaper. Don't have one right now.

Long winded way of saying I really don't know much about answering your questions. I do know to move tombstones, you should be able to put them in a sim's inventory and travel with them. I don't know if which sim you pick makes any difference. I also don't know if it matters to your question, but if it does, it can be done, AFAIK.

Somebody field these questions? I really can't. Thanks! :)
    Ok thank you @egwarhammer, I'll try moving the stones when I play again.
    Bed time for me, have a good night/day :)
    edited October 2016
    @Bonxie This Post, from page 100:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15213043/#Comment_15213043

(I can't believe I didn't think of using Search earlier. Drilled down to your name, the word early, and Gameplay Mods forum, and, voila!)
    @egwarhammer

Two days? I just aged several of my elders down and back up to reset their timers to zero. LOLOL!! (Different strokes).

However, babies are a different thing. DP said something cool, he look at them as being Seeds for growing "real sims" from ;) (I'm paraphrasing)... more often than not, when it's born, he ages it right up. I have been letting the 2 day buff wear off, but I did just pull the trigger on one early because I had something to do with her, and was running out of play time. That RL thing, you know.

I cut my baby age span down to 1 (default 2). Gives me 4 days, playing on long. None of them have made it that far before I age them up. Spreading birthdays around a little, I've been doing one not long after an alarm, and another one later in the day... down to 2 babies, they'll be on the list when I play next (last time was Monday, work kills play time for me).

Whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit there are a lot of different ways to play this game. ;) (Especially with mods/cc added to the mix.)

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2016
    ☆☆☆ Don't forget to turn off automatic updates! ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „City Living” close at hand, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch within the next days. As we know from the past there will be new features integrated in our games. Also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of neither patch nor EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.

To make it easier for everybody, please turn off automatic updates in Origin!

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. And most important: It will give @Deaderpool and all the others the time they need to take care of the changes. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

If you aren't sure how to deactivate automatic updates, ask! We will be happy to help you.

Edit: You can find a short description how to deactivate automatic updates here - Link.

Please also wait with installing "City Living" until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

I know, that many of you are very aware of this and that you already have read my first post, so please don't be annoyed because I’m posting obvious things once again. But may be for those new in using MC or mods in general this could be helpful.

Thanks for reading and my apologies to those, who already know.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I just click on the tombstone and summon ghost. Once they appear, I shift click on them with tthe cemetery caretaker, and select add to family, and then have that ghost return to the netherworld. I would just release spirit, but my cemetery caretaker is a ghost, and for some reason, ghosts can't send other release the spirit of another ghost.
    edited October 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »

With the release of the new expansion pack „City Living” close at hand, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch within the next days. As we know from the past there will be new features integrated in our games. Also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of neither patch nor EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly with hundreds of fans breathing down their neck and waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to.

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. And most important: It will give @Deaderpool and all the others the time they need to take care of the changes. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

If you aren't sure how to deactivate automatic updates, ask! We will be happy to help you.

Please also wait with installing "City Living" until @Deaderpool releases a matching MC version.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

I know, that many of you are very aware of this and that you already have read my first post, so please don't be annoyed because I’m posting obvious things once again. But may be for those new in using MC or mods in general this could be helpful.

A) Thanks for the reminder
    B ) How do I do that? :-D
    AMB.jpg
    I was going through my short list of Ancient Households (Basicly just Landgraabs and the Goths). Or so I thought. Landgraab had died out it seemed. Found Morgan in the Munch household and fixed that. But I could have sworn that Nancy and Geoffery's youngest daughter Nora was the girl who I put the flag AH on. When I started to look for her I saw that she was now considered hidden. So - million dollar question: How do I go about and unhide her?
    AMB.jpg
    I was going through my short list of Ancient Households (Basicly just Landgraabs and the Goths). Or so I thought. Landgraab had died out it seemed. Found Morgan in the Munch household and fixed that. But I could have sworn that Nancy and Geoffery's youngest daughter Nora was the girl who I put the flag AH on. When I started to look for her I saw that she was now considered hidden. So - million dollar question: How do I go about and unhide her?

IMO a better question is, how'd she get Hidden in the first place?

MC Cheats on the mailbox has a way to unhide all hidden sims, but I don't think there's a way to do it selectively from there. All or none.

There's probably a cheat you can use to remove the hidden trait, but I don't know for sure. Anybody here good with cheat codes?

Do you have Show Sim Info? I'd LOVE to see Nora's printout!

@Bloudwed here's a wild stab of an idea... try adding her to your active household, I'm wondering if that would be enough to break the hidden flag.

But save a copy of your game FIRST, just in case my idea leads to a path of destruction. I'm really not sure what will happen.
    edited October 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »

A) Thanks for the reminder
    B ) How do I do that? :-D

@Bonxie THANKS! <3

@Bloudwed

Origin > Application Settings, takes you to the white window, Client Updates (2nd section) is where you turn origin updates on or off.

I would post a picture, but TinyPic has deleted the last 3 I've tried to upload. What's up with that?

Edit: I'll be surprised if this works, it's a .gif the site sees as a jpg. At least it didn't get deleted.

Re-edit: Hey, it worked! Does this help?

m8juck.jpg
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top