Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

they are not groovy now

in sims 3 I loved watching them dance but not now

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I am hoping their awkward dancing will be improved in another EP with a level 10 dance skill.
    @SimGuruLyndsay please, hire some professional dancers to do their interpretations of The sims dances and then motion capture them if you have to. Sims should dance badly until they get better, so they have that levels 1 to 5 covered now.

This video has some animated 3D animated characters dancing along with real people and 2D animations.
    I was hoping that Get Together dancing would be at this level.
    https://youtu.be/pWGoj1SR6RE

They might as well do it. Dancing isn't complete in TS4 until sims can dance in pairs.
    They should add some dance traits too:

-Two left feet: sims have more dance fails and never advance past level 5.
    -Can't think of a name since we already have Dance Machine: but these sims never have fails and they quickly level up to level 10.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited October 2016
    aching wrote: »

Really? Wow! Just yesterday I loaded a ton of music and was amazed that these Sims could actually sync to the beat.
    Am I missing something? Did Sims 3 Sims do that and I just didn't notice?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    aching wrote: »

Do you have Get Together? It has a lot of dance that isn't in the basegame. (Though a 10-level skill would have been awesome.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I also notice that they (TS4) do something close to the Smustle on their own....but it might just be Sims running the same animations at the same time making it look like that. ^shrug^

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I think that get together already improved the dancing a lot.
  • IvySims15IvySims15 Posts: 31 Member
    I hope we get a slow dance some time. I crack up when I see my sims doing a Jimmy Leg to classical music. :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This has been brought up a few times.

In TS3 it was sophisticated lounge bars and groovey music while in TS4 it is smaller bars with not much space to get your moves out.

My solution: go back to the mega clubs and get some big time Dance Anthems on and it will start looking like a scene from the terraces of Ibiza back in '99 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @CK213 Funny (off topic), but quite a while ago you put this song on your wall. I looked it up on Spotify, added it to my playlist and every time it plays I still associate it with you :blush: Great song, it makes me happy in a jumpy way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    I wish the sims could dance on top of counters like in the sims 3. Ohh and I really miss slowdancing :(
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Base game dancing is just NOOOOO LOL. They look like they're drunk. But with get together I'm pretty happy with how they dance now.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Base game dancing was just sad. I'm not one who really goes out of my way to watch dancing, but I have to say watching my singer Sim bust a move in Sims3 was a lot of fun. I'm so glad that GT improved a Sims ability to dance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    One thing is I would like to be able to choose different dance styles for different genres of music or different dance styles for individual sims. I'm thinking of the Urbz where the different districts had different dance styles along with different walk styles. I tried to find a video of those but couldn't :o
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sims 3 base game dancing was pretty lame but good GOD it took a nosedive. And I miss sims bent able to dance with another sim. Like, actually facing then instead of just being in the same general area dancing.

Both games follow a trend of saving not-cringey dancing for EPs and I'm not a big fan of that.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Sims 3 base game dancing was pretty lame but good GOD it took a nosedive. And I miss sims bent able to dance with another sim. Like, actually facing then instead of just being in the same general area dancing.

Both games follow a trend of saving not-cringey dancing for EPs and I'm not a big fan of that.

All I remember from the TS3 base game was the toe tap and every Sim using the same moves.
    In TS4 the nerd does the T-rex, the flirty/lazy sim takes her drink to the stereo and sways her hips.
    The Music lover busts a move from time to time,

And I don't recall any variety at all in the TS3 base game. I do seem to recall they brought back the Smustle at some point unless I'm mistaken.
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Yes the dancing in GT did help but they never touch, look at each other or even stand close. TS3 had the best couples dancing, and TS2-3 allowed the romance dancing. There is no romance in TS4 dancing and it is missed. Most of the time, even though they are in club where dancing is one of the functions to do, they hardly even want to do the group dancing. If there were two things I miss the most, they are dancing together and cuddling in bed.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I just wish they would bring back the dance cage that was in TS1 House Party EP. They are bringing the hookah back, in CL, which was originally released in TS1 House Party as well.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The lack of partnered danceing bugs me.
    In ts2 there was a nice bit of modern club dancing, verging on a bit of bump and grind.
    In ts3 they still danced with partners, but not as close as they got in ts2... unless they slow danced.

In ts4 I'm not sure what they're doing on the dance floor. They don't seem to dance with a partner, nor do they dance in a group (as I'm more used to in clubs... anyone else do that thing with your friends, in a squishy circle, sort of dancing?)
    I don't mind the dance battle, but the rest of it is just lame.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I could not figure out for the life of me, just what kind of dancing sims were doing in S4, before GT. It almost reminded me of the old sitcom, Jerry Steinfeld's Elaine's dancing, which was just hiliarious. :D Good for TV show, not for Sims 4...thank God for GT. I love the way they dance now...just wish partners were closer together so you know they are actually dancing, together. No slow dancing can beat Sims 2's slow dancing...so cute and sexy. I felt as though the devs just "penciled in" the slow dancing in Sims 3, but it was definitely better than what we have now, which is nothing.

IMO, there are some very cute romantic interactions, but it NEEDS slow dancing, badly. At this point, I would almost look forward to ANY dance that would bring partners in the same proximity. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.