Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance Festival blog.

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As one who knows Herbs as well as my own name I fine it odd they would relate Sakura Tea as a flirty resource. Rather comical when all it really does is protect anti-oxidates in ones system. LOL. It smells nice though - as Sakura come from the Japanese Sakura Cherry Tree blossoms.

Seems like they would have chosen a better choice of Herbs though like perhaps sarsaparilla or any of the following: Rooibos tea, Ashwagandha, catuaba bark, Damiana Leaf, Ginseng of course, and Guarana, A certain type of ( can't give you it's actual name here or it would become Plum lol) Goat Weed is well known for this purpose, Tongkat Ali herbal in tea or coffee even, Yohimbe Tea, and several others I can't think of right this moment - but really Sakura is not an aphrodisiac. Well not in real life anyway - but then in real life humans do not go from being newborn to 10 years old either. Lol.

I had to laugh when I came to Goat Weed. I can just see the recommendation, "Try Goat Weed tea for that flirty moodlet." And sarsaparilla makes me think of the Old West (maybe that's why the cowboys drank it).

As for the descriptions, I hope they're keeping them sparse so as to leave us a few things to discover when we get the pack.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    They could also be keeping things a bit sparse since they've got the livestream coming on Friday, and they can show more details then especially features that might be hard to describe in words.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's a good place to take a date with the lights and rose pedals and there is a bench for cuddling,snuggling and making out.

And speaking of romance i doubt there is any new woohoo locations or we would have heard by now.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I'm curious about the love guru, don't expect too much since we don't have an attraction-system at the moment but if there is some way of finding that sim that will click with yours it would be a lot of fun.

Ha ha, there is always the wishing well as backup, love that thing. Especially when it sometimes goes deviant on me :wink:
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm just wondering if all sims will be flirting with each other considering there's no attraction or preference system in place...
    I don't want my romantic festival to turn into some weird swinger party...
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    So far these blog posts have been 80% pictures and 20% text, and half of the text is included in all the other blog posts. The future of City Living is looking more and more bleak.
  • SimfamousSimfamous Posts: 59 Member
    I feel like the blogs are really short and don't have much info. I'm not sure if it's because there isn't much to do at the festivals or they're waiting to share festivals in the livestream?? I think the festivals look beautiful and the Romance Festivals is a good place to propose or go on a romantic date or even have my sims meet someone! But seriously excited to see festivals in the livestream!! :)
    giphy.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Simfamous wrote: »
    I feel like the blogs are really short and don't have much info. I'm not sure if it's because there isn't much to do at the festivals or they're waiting to share festivals in the livestream?? I think the festivals look beautiful and the Romance Festivals is a good place to propose or go on a romantic date or even have my sims meet someone! But seriously excited to see festivals in the livestream!! :)
    Yup... good for a romantic date on which random sims will start interupting you and flirting with you or your date because they've had a little bit too much of that tea.
    Weirder stories.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    As one who knows Herbs as well as my own name I fine it odd they would relate Sakura Tea as a flirty resource. Rather comical when all it really does is protect anti-oxidates in ones system. LOL. It smells nice though - as Sakura come from the Japanese Sakura Cherry Tree blossoms.

Sakura tea is served at engagements and weddings in Japan.

It is simply a Spring Tea with a really tasty flavor and aroma. It indicates Spring and new beginnings - and possibly why a choice drink for that occasion but it has absolutely zero aphrodisiac amenities - ZERO!!!!

Actually as far as I knew the favored Wedding Tea is called Wedding White tea which is Mutan White tea with lemon-vanilla to taste, and a touch of pink rosebuds and petals, which has no Sakura blossoms.

Good thing this is Sims, then. I mean, it's not reality. In reality, my spicy spaghetti doesn't make anyone angry, and it takes a lot longer for the ice cream I eat to put on the pounds. Like, more than one ice cream.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Anyone know if kissing booths are returning?
  • IvySims15IvySims15 Posts: 31 Member
    shadowicia wrote: »
    Anyone know if kissing booths are returning?

I'm not sure. But the kissing booths would fit in and the Heat of The Moment Kiss interaction.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited October 2016
    I wish they were more specific as regards the Romance Guru. What does he really do? I hope it's not just a random text box regarding our sims' romantic future and a moodlet (e.g. Sad if it's bad, flirty If it's good etc.). I was really hoping the Guru would be like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker in TS2 and would find your sim a suitable partner. That would have been great (although kind of random taking into account there are no turn ons and turn offs in this game...).

Anyway, I don't think my sims will visit the Romance festival very often. I'm mainly interested in GeekCon (because it'll give my sims a chance to cosplay which is something they never do) and the Flea Market. The rest of the festivals are kind of meh...(although the eating contests at the Spice Festivals may be fun too).

Your sims can also renew their vows there.
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

Seems like they would have chosen a better choice of Herbs though like perhaps sarsaparilla or any of the following: Rooibos tea, Ashwagandha, catuaba bark, Damiana Leaf, Ginseng of course, and Guarana, A certain type of ( can't give you it's actual name here or it would become Plum lol) Goat Weed is well known for this purpose, Tongkat Ali herbal in tea or coffee even, Yohimbe Tea, and several others I can't think of right this moment - but really Sakura is not an aphrodisiac. Well not in real life anyway - but then in real life humans do not go from being newborn to 10 years old either. Lol.

First thing that comes to my mind is Cardcaptor Sakura :D
  • SimfamousSimfamous Posts: 59 Member

Your sims can also renew their vows there.

Ooh yay! Thank you for letting me know.
    giphy.gif

I thought they went with sakura tea because like you said, they serve it at celebrations and special occasions but also because the flower is a pretty pink one. Pink like the signature-color for flirty :smile:

bda50c84493cef0784abedbb43747921.jpg
    I wonder if we'll have control of sims that flirt eg your sim prefers the same gender then I hope it's the same gender they find love with.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Okay... Well, some- more- flirty tea. A romance fortune teller and umm some- more -wedding locations and... I guess the fireworks. Sigh... At least the fireworks look cool, assuming they work like the trailer. Just gotta go... Laugh.
    Okay... Well, some- more- flirty tea. A romance fortune teller and umm some- more -wedding locations and... I guess the fireworks. Sigh... At least the fireworks look cool, assuming they work like the trailer. Just gotta go... Laugh.

Don't forget about the lighting and the rose pedals.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Rose petals. Pedals are levers you press with your foot.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited October 2016

You know, that's true but what I don't get is, there's a massive- AS IN 64X64- lot for weddings in this pack already. A lot that's designated a special venue so that it can't be changed to anything else- A DEDICATED WEDDING VENUE. Why in the Sim do we need another lot dedicated to "romance"? Why? Couldn't absolutely everything available at this festival- THE FESTIVAL ITSELF FOR SIM'S SAKE - just be located in the Meadows? Why? I just... I just... I just don't know if,- it's like I feel like I fell through a Star Trek universe hole at Geekcon (which I still have hope for cause I'm a FOOL) and time is just dilated beyond what I recognize or something but really, REALLY, what did they do with the year? What?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016

You know, that's true but what I don't get is, there's a massive- AS IN 64X64- lot for weddings in this pack already. A lot that's designated a special venue so that it can't be changed to anything else- A DEDICATED WEDDING VENUE. Why in the Sim do we need another lot dedicated to "romance"? Why? Couldn't absolutely everything available at this festival- THE FESTIVAL ITSELF FOR SIM'S SAKE - just be located in the Meadows? Why? I just... I just... I just don't know if,- it's like I feel like I fell through a Star Trek universe hole at Geekcon (which I still have hope for cause I'm a FOOL) and time is just dilated beyond what I recognize or something but really, REALLY, what did they do with the year? What?

They can still be edited, you just can't change the lot type. It doesn't have to be a wedding venue, the same as The Bluffs doesn't need to be a natural pool.

However, it's coding might be geared towards the kind of thing people do at weddings.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

I thought they went with sakura tea because like you said, they serve it at celebrations and special occasions but also because the flower is a pretty pink one. Pink like the signature-color for flirty :smile:

It has connotations with love in Japan, if you've ever heard of Yandere Simulator that's where Senpai confesses his love.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

It has connotations with love in Japan, if you've ever heard of Yandere Simulator that's where Senpai confesses his love.

I had some inklings of that. Watching the show Naruto, the girl Sakura has pink hair. I follow a few asian gamers and artists on Twitter. Often when ever they post a pic they have drawn of their PC and their love interest, well, pretty pink flowers in the background. Would post but... *ahem*.... Quite a few of the manga I have read had pink flowers when it got to be romantic.

Part of the cultural bit to this pack, I really like it :)
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The "love at first sight" and "spur of the moment proposals and weddings" - I wonder whether this means romance bars can fill super-fast, or whether it's more related to NPC autonomous actions?

Like will NPCs be able to propose at this festival? It'll be interesting if that's the case as it would mean our played sims don't always have to do the proposing.

Oh gosh I hope so. I've always wanted npc sims to propose to my sims but I hope there is the option for our sims to say no as well.