Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    Wow, much activity here! I also noticed I could not log in using the button 'login' on the top left of the page, but tried logging in using the button 'my page' in the menu and that worked for me. Maybe that helps?

It worked! Thank you for the help!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    The spreadsheet I had "fixed" for myself went awry overnight. I guess there were some variables which I didn't allow for, like Deal 146 running for 3 hours instead of 2. So I'm back to Jodi's master sheet, which means a couple hours tonight re-aligning my scheduled purchases for the next 4 months. *sigh* Again.
    I only have 30 seconds because OE is calling. I hope to update the zone specific spreadsheets in the next day or two.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    The spreadsheet I had "fixed" for myself went awry overnight. I guess there were some variables which I didn't allow for, like Deal 146 running for 3 hours instead of 2. So I'm back to Jodi's master sheet, which means a couple hours tonight re-aligning my scheduled purchases for the next 4 months. *sigh* Again.
    I only have 30 seconds because OE is calling. I hope to update the zone specific spreadsheets in the next day or two.

Never apologize for having an OE! I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say how grateful we are that you keep this up at all.

And I'm fine working off the multi-zone master sheet now that I've become so familiar with the sheet overall. Although in the beginning having and Eastern time zone specific sheet cut my mistakes down by a factor of like 80%!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Although in the beginning having and Eastern time zone specific sheet cut my mistakes down by a factor of like 80%!

Oooh, I'm eastern too! I need this when it becomes available again.

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    Ok, so reviewing my Billing History I've discovered that apparently the only things in the store I've paid real money for are some worlds I bout on clearance at Wal-Mart one week last December (Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley, Monte Vista and Hidden Springs) and the Stones Throw Greenhouse, which I wanted enough to just pay money for. (Though waiting to make that purchase on DD would have saved me 1,000 SP)

So owning the store may have happened sooner had I found this thread sooner, but at least it hasn't cost me real money.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    That's how I felt about the Brunch at the Old Mill set, @JoeJude16. I really wanted that set. lol I only spent real cash on Roaring Heights and Monte Vista (both bought on sale and technically with birthday money in the form of an Origin card). I just need to buy Barnacle Bay and Dragon Valley and I'll have all the worlds (thanks to some really, really generous gifters).
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Here is an update for the list. This update covers the next just under 27 hours.
    The only green (best price) deal is number 166 at the end of this section.
    We do however have several white (once on the rotation) deals. These are at numbers 153 (current deal), 154, 157, 159, 162, 164 and 165.
    Enjoy your shopping.

Current Deal

153 ) Wall Flower / 13 / 19 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

154 ) Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / 325 / 446 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

155 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 624 / 1277 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 620, # 683 but less than # 487)

156 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 760 / 1710 / 56% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 183 & # 528)

157 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Vanity Concealer Mirror / 47 / 99 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set

158 ) Technophobe No More / 833 / 1530 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 394, # 592 but less than # 92 & # 572) # 394 (510 sp) and # 592 (561 sp) are much cheaper than # 158

159 ) India Inspiration- Scarf and Maang Tikka / 57 / 109 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyle Collection; India Inspirations Collection; April 2012 Compilation Set; Best of 2012 Compilation

160 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 265 / 552 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 546, # 149, # 579 & # 497) However, the price difference is only 115 sp from the least to the most expensive.

161 ) Dreams of India / 465 / 1550 / 70% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 106 but less than # 792)

Lux Lounge Spa is offered at deal # 166. Buying this item may give you the green download for # 166 on the other hand you may not need to buy this item if your CYS for # 166 will give you the green download button without buying the sectional.

162 ) Lazy Sim Sofa Sectional / 70 / 187 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation

163 ) MultiTab 6000 / 260 / 287 / 9% / 2 hours
    Part of: Technophobe No More; May 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 622).

164 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Ice Box / 32 / 51 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

165 ) Loner Comfort Single Bed / 43 / 81 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

166 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 137 / 473 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 423, # 852, # 609, # 590 & # 61)
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @Tamaek, I don't remember how, but I somehow got Barnacle Bay as a bonus way back in the beginning. Maybe as a pre-order bonus on something? Like I said, haven't paid for much. Although, if Amazon Pantry had been around back when I had "won" all those gift cards, I think I would have had different priorities spending that money. After all, I was out of work.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @Tamaek except for dragon valley I actually won all the worlds I own (The only one I don't have is roaring heights!) from contest on here so you might want to keep your eyes out for some good contest especially with the big holidays coming up! I won midnight hollow from a Halloween one and most others from Thanksgiving and Christmas ones! Also I know it kind of sounds bad but you might want to keep at least one sp point world on the bottom of your wishlist because someone might win a contest and already have the worlds so they send their winnings to you when they see the world on yours! That was how I got one of the worlds and several venues I always had one world and one venue on my list just in case after all it is a wish list! I never really expected them but was always greatly and happily surprised when I was gifted them!
    edited October 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Although in the beginning having and Eastern time zone specific sheet cut my mistakes down by a factor of like 80%!

Oooh, I'm eastern too! I need this when it becomes available again.

@JovialJoy @JoeJude16 and all others in the Eastern time zone - I have just updated the Eastern spreadsheet.

I am in the process of updating all the spreadsheets. You can find them in this post on page 1. The North American spreadsheets have two time changes; one on Nov. 6 at 2 am and one on Mar. 12 at 2 am. If you downloaded the Central time zone earlier today, although it still was labelled as Under Maintenance, I had not yet updated the Mar. 12th time change. Please make sure you download the spreadsheet again.

If you had downloaded any of the spreadsheets before the October 12th resetting of the DD, you need only copy the current rotation sheet, delete your old copy of that sheet and then rename the new sheet. By copying the one sheet rather than downloading and using a new spreadsheet, you will not have to update what you own on the Set_Tracking and Items_Owned sheets.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited October 2016
    Ok, so reviewing my Billing History I've discovered that apparently the only things in the store I've paid real money for are some worlds I bout on clearance at Wal-Mart one week last December (Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley, Monte Vista and Hidden Springs) and the Stones Throw Greenhouse, which I wanted enough to just pay money for. (Though waiting to make that purchase on DD would have saved me 1,000 SP)

So owning the store may have happened sooner had I found this thread sooner, but at least it hasn't cost me real money.

I have been a Sims 3 store customer since it opened in 2009. Because CYS was not introduced until July 2013, because bonus ads were not available in Canada until I almost owned the store and the DD discounts were usually not more than 40% when I was actively stalking the DD, I did spend a lot of real money to own the store - a lot. I just went into my Billing History. Yikes! Between July 2009 and May 2014, I purchased 126,700 simpoints using real money. That cost me over $1000 or $200 a year. Shhh. Don't tell my family. That does not include what I paid for a couple of worlds purchased through Origin. While some of those points were used for gifting, I did receive many gifts from generous simmers, so that balances out. I did take advantage of sales and grabbed items whenever they were free. Imagine what I would have spent if I bought everything at full regular price. Regular prices for some of the sets were higher than today's prices as many sets had major price reductions a few years ago.

Now add what I spent on the base game, EPs and SPs to what I spent on simpoints. I have invested far too much in TS3 to move on to TS4.

Good advice @Teanias. I did that before but I own all the worlds except for Dragon Valley and Barnacle Bay and you can only get those with real money, which I don't have right now. *sniffle* Not to spare anyway; Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas coming and I have two little kids who are old enough to know what they want but young enough to not understand or worry about what things cost. *sigh* But about the worlds and venues, I only own them because of some very nice gifters (well except for Midnight Hollows gold which I got for a good price on MMAO and Sunlit Tides standard which I got on the DD rotation because I already had Serenity Retreat and Roaring Heights and Monte Vista which I grabbed on an Origin sale). The only other venues I don't own are on the DD rotation and I've saved up enough sp to grab them all, though there aren't many left. I'm almost there. YAY! Sadly I won't be able to truly own the store if the MMAO doesn't return because of the exclusive items from that. Here's hoping they can fix it soon. I miss it. I also miss the sales actually changing. Once I am done grabbing the extra sets that I still need, which are on my wishlist now, I'm coming after anyone who needs help getting the store themselves. Oh yes, I'm coming for you all mwahahahahahaha... *ahem* o:)
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    Me1620 wrote: »
    [quote="
    Now add what I spent on the base game, EPs and SPs to what I spent on simpoints. I have invested far too much in TS3 to move on to TS4.

Preach it sister!! And that is why I would like to see them FIX the store site. Because many of us have spent money on this game, and in their store. Yes, most of us today get simpoints from the ads that run but like those ads run for free. EA gets paid for that. And we paid for the game, paid for expansions and stuff packs and so forth. Many of us bought these things when they were new. My dad and I bought several items from the store back before CYS was introduced (not nearly as many as you but we spent real cash). We've been pretty loyal. It's not our fault that they did so well with the Sims 3 that we can't let it go. I've tried the Sims 4. I own it and both of the expansions (not stuff or world addons thingies just Get to Work and the other one) and I just can't get into it. I try but there is just so much it doesn't have or that I find annoying or that I miss. I miss toddlers and the open worlds the most. I like some features but they aren't enough to keep me playing, I get bored and I just want to play the sims 3 so I stop and switch games. My dad is the same way. We bought him a copy of his own for his birthday last year and he says he just can't get into it, he'd rather play the sims 3.

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Tamaek , when Origin was having a sale recently I bought Monte Vista, and soon after that Barnacle Bay suddenly became a free download for me! I'm not sure if it was my buying Monte Vista that caused it, but it happened around the same time. Check the Barnacle Bay page - maybe it will happen to you too!
    @PalmArrow I do believe that that has happened before to some people, barnacle bay just showed up randomly.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Super excited! I was stuck at the courthouse yesterday for 15 hours due to my BF's mom having jury duty. (She's unable to navigate the city on her own, so we had to take her and she ended up getting selected as a juror for a one-day trial.) No, that's obviously not what I'm excited about. But being bound to the Civic Center, I didn't have much to do and I used my laptop most of the time. And at one point, after reading Cascades, I decided to just see if any of the compilations would show green download buttons for me. Lo and behold! I stumbled across THREE of them! Then I found that I was able to download the Ultra Lounge Compilation for just 300 SP despite the fact that I was still missing the UL Bedroom Set, the UL Dining Set, and the UL Study Set. And today, when I went back to ensure I was listing the right Compilation for you guys, I saw the Best of 2010 Collection has a green download button for me--although I only have 64% of it!!! This gives me Asian Fusion, the Bayside Bathroom Set, Full Interior Castle Set, Full Tiki Set, and Worldly Goodies for FREE!!! Eeeeeeep! I'm so excited! Thanks again, @angeljess26, @Me1620, @JoeJude16, @ajaxpost--I never would have found this stuff without you!

Now I'm off to see what else this might have opened up for me.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    @JovialJoy congrats on all the cascades, again happy to help.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    But being bound to the Civic Center, I didn't have much to do and I used my laptop most of the time. And at one point, after reading Cascades, I decided to just see if any of the compilations would show green download buttons for me. Lo and behold! I stumbled across THREE of them! Then I found that I was able to download the Ultra Lounge Compilation for just 300 SP despite the fact that I was still missing the UL Bedroom Set, the UL Dining Set, and the UL Study Set. And today, when I went back to ensure I was listing the right Compilation for you guys, I saw the Best of 2010 Collection has a green download button for me--although I only have 64% of it!!! This gives me Asian Fusion, the Bayside Bathroom Set, Full Interior Castle Set, Full Tiki Set, and Worldly Goodies for FREE!!! Eeeeeeep! I'm so excited! Thanks again, @angeljess26, @Me1620, @JoeJude16, @ajaxpost -- I never would have found this stuff without you!
    Oh yes, way to go, great deal stalking skills! That is awesome news, it's always great to hear of these CYS successes.

@Tamaek, Barnacle Bay is only $5 on eBay. And Dragon Valley, including Celtic Lands bonus content, is available from Wal-Mart for only $16.77! So the whole thing is less than a trip to the movies. I think you deserve at least that if you are a mom. If nothing else, I assume you get Christmas presents from someone, so you can hand them a wish list.

Speaking of movies, I've always used a trip to the movies as my determination of whether something is a good value for entertainment. Seeing a movie, no popcorn or anything, is $10 for maybe 2 hours. So $5 an hour. A base video game is about $50 ($30 back in the day.) I spend HUNDREDS of hours playing a good game. The entertainment value of that investment is amazing. So while Jodi's vast investment is a bit higher than mine *cough* *cough* it's still probably not as bad as it first looks when you do the math of how much bang we get for our buck.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2016
    @JoeJude16 you have a very analytical mind (complement by the way). And thank you for the advice on where to get the stuff I still need (want really but you understand as a fellow simmer that I need it, right? lol). When you put it that way it really is a good investment. ^_^

@JovialJoy congrats on getting some good cascades. I do love it when that happens (to myself and to others) yays!!

And I did check on the Barnacle Bay and no joy for me. Ah well, no big. It was never a high priority world for me anyway, not really my thing I guess. ^_^ I'll get it eventually. Hard to believe that when I first started looking at this page I was like @JoeJude16 with no real intention to own the store, I just wanted a few sets but now I'm almost there and this community is really great.
    Post edited by Tamaek on

@Tamaek, what do you mean that you checked on Barnacle Bay and no luck?
    aka Jude

My Studio

So, I got the store to work on my phone. I figured out that it's got something to do with the security certificate. So I downloaded a separate browser (Dolphin) and turned off the security settings. Still can't get MMAO, but at least I can make purchases on the go.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I know this is beside the point you were making. @JoeJude16 be happy movie tickets are only $10 (I'm guessing this would be adults). Here is Australia you pay more than that to get a child into a movie and as you said that's without food. At my local cinema its $17 adults tickets and at the cinema (chain) near were I used to live they were $21.50 adults.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @angeljess26, here in the States they make their money on the concessions. Medium popcorn and soda are about $10, and of course they cost the cinema about .50 cents to make. Don't know if that's any better for you there.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2016
    @JoeJude16 where @PalmArrow and @angeljess26 said that sometimes buying Monte Vista (or buying something) seems to unlock Barnacle Bay for some folks. I checked and that did not happen for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top