Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited October 2016
    @friendsfan367 CFT is my short-cut for Colt Family Traitacy. I'm in for the long haul because I'm writing each generation featuring a new trait. So generation 1 is featuring the trait: ambitious and my protagonist/legacy founder is Rachel Colt, who marries into the infamous Racket family of Twinbrook. This particular story is set in an alternate universe than Kass's story and other stories of mine.

You can find out more about this story here.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 CFT is my short-cut for Colt Family Traitacy. I'm in for the long haul because I'm writing each generation featuring a new trait. So generation 1 is featuring the trait: ambitious and my protagonist/legacy founder is Rachel Colt, who marries into the infamous Racket family of Twinbrook. This particular story is set in an alternate universe than Kass's story and other stories of mine.

i'm so far behind on my reading. i'm focusing on writing for now. at first it was just because heat makes me sleepy.but when i start playing at like 5 i go how is it 10 already? when i actually play him ayden is a huge distraction.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

i'm so far behind on my reading. i'm focusing on writing for now. at first it was just because heat makes me sleepy.but when i start playing at like 5 i go how is it 10 already? when i actually play him ayden is a huge distraction.

You've been writing so much lately! You can't tease me about writing so much, because, lately, you write more than I do!

But you can tease me about reading more, because I'm reading SOOOOOO much! I love it.

I think--in fact, I'm pretty sure--reading is my religion! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited October 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »

You've been writing so much lately! You can't tease me about writing so much, because, lately, you write more than I do!

But you can tease me about reading more, because I'm reading SOOOOOO much! I love it.

but you work more than me i work once a week i shop 2 times a week so you go out more. besides i have to write more now my blog has almost no pics and someone volunteered me for book club while i was napping. lol.

i'm less freaked out since i volunteered to be the fortnight writer.
    edited October 2016

i only have one story though you have what 10 or15. see you were wrong i found something to pick on you about. lol.
    @friendsfan367 It's okay if you're behind with reading. I get it. I am too. I'm way behind in RR Chronicles and moderately behind in Chrysanthemum Tango.

I finally finished @CathyTea's Thirty Sims at Three Rivers about a week and a half ago, and I had bittersweet feelings about it. I definitely can't wait until she writes round 2. I really enjoyed all the lovely stories.

Speaking of writing, on a roll with FRWL, and I've got another chapter - 1.14 A House is Not a Home

... a certain lovely librarian makes a reappearance... :)
    screenshot-314.jpg?w=1075

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @friendsfan367 CFT also has much more mature content (at times) than my other stories... and loads of trigger warnings. I feel I should mention that.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited October 2016
    @friendsfan367 CFT also has much more mature content (at times) than my other stories... and loads of trigger warnings. I feel I should mention that.

trigger warnings? my coffee is working slow today.

but you work more than me i work once a week i shop 2 times a week so you go out more. besides i have to write more now my blog has almost no pics and someone volunteered me for book club while i was napping. lol.

Being the Book Club writer is really like being the star of the week , so it's an awesome experience . .. and you know that whoever volunteers for coffee hour host during your week will be someone who loves you and your story , so all the questions will be about how much we appreciate it !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Trigger warnings are to let readers know that the chapter might contain content that could be upsetting or disturbing . .. if a reader has issues that trigger them (and who doesn't ? ) trigger warnings can help them choose if they want to read, and to prepare themselves in case they do read.

Red's trigger warnings were life savers for me because rough stuff happens in her story .

Being the Book Club writer is really like being the star of the week , so it's an awesome experience . .. and you know that whoever volunteers for coffee hour host during your week will be someone who loves you and your story , so all the questions will be about how much we appreciate it !

it is awesome. i wasn't trying to sound ungrateful like i said my coffee is being slow so i'm still tired. or moody like ayden . i really am enjoying sharing the benders and i really am enjoying being star of the week and hearing people talk about these characters that mean so much to me.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member

My understanding of trigger warnings is that there are some things out there that can send people into a panic attack, or a catatonic state.

Some well known triggers would be things like blood and gore, and suicide. I've also seen trypophobia (fear of small holes clustered together) fairly often.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    rednenemon wrote: »

My understanding of trigger warnings is that there are some things out there that can send people into a panic attack, or a catatonic state.

Some well known triggers would be things like blood and gore, and suicide. I've also seen trypophobia (fear of small holes clustered together) fairly often.

that i understood.

Oh, I thought you meant typophobia.... I used to get that before I learned to make peace with finger slips ! :p

Oh, I thought you meant typophobia.... I used to get that before I learned to make peace with finger slips ! :p

i'm more awake than i thought i got the joke. i think i have that too.
    i'm back. free starbucks and doughnut so now i'm awake. a little sad my fortnight is almost.
    i'm back. free starbucks and doughnut so now i'm awake. a little sad my fortnight is almost.

Your fortnight is only half up! Not even, since we started on Tuesday! We've got a week and two days left!

What would you like to talk about? I was thinking we could play favorites... "favorite character, moment, etc..."

edited October 2016

Your fortnight is only half up! Not even, since we started on Tuesday! We've got a week and two days left!

What would you like to talk about? I was thinking we could play favorites... "favorite character, moment, etc..."

so cheered up now i forgot it started tuesday. you should be proud i rembered what a fortnight is. lol.

favorites sounds good buti already know your favorite charater. lol. just a little sissy teasing. or anything else that people want to know.
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @JLBDreamer: You found it too? I've been a fan of Lindsay Ellis for years. I'd recommend her videos to anyone, even if she mostly focuses on film.

Somehow, I was expecting to be proven wrong (a.k.a. "I don't follow a three-act structure because I never learned it and I'm not a writer by trade anyways"), but it's amazing how easy to is to unconsciously follow the structure. Now I know a few more of the rules, for following or breaking or whatever. :smiley:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @JLBDreamer: You found it too? I've been a fan of Lindsay Ellis for years. I'd recommend her videos to anyone, even if she mostly focuses on film.

Somehow, I was expecting to be proven wrong (a.k.a. "I don't follow a three-act structure because I never learned it and I'm not a writer by trade anyways"), but it's amazing how easy to is to unconsciously follow the structure. Now I know a few more of the rules, for following or breaking or whatever. :smiley:

i think i break all the writer rules but like you i have no idea what they are.