Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    I used to build more when I was on a PC, but my Mac tends to crash in the middle of builds, and leaving the lot in order to save the game gets tedious, so I don't do as much right now. But I definitely think just being able to share my builds is a bigger deal than winning a prize.
    I know nothing of Macs but might the Nraas mods help out here. I use the 'Saver' mod which prompts me to save at a specified intervals which is a godsend on a long build (actually, all my builds take forever!) This forum thread suggests that you can use mods ... maybe?

Though it may be simpler, and more reliable to run it on your new Windows PC. :)

I certainly found that being part of a generous sharing community like Sims 3 builders is great for inspiration and learning new tricks.
    I own all the EPs, SPs and soon all the worlds. But I tend to play the same ones, so have barely explored any of them. There is so much gameplay left ahead of me.
    Oh yes, I so recognise this scenario! :blush:

• EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I own all the EPs, SPs and soon all the worlds. But I tend to play the same ones, so have barely explored any of them. There is so much gameplay left ahead of me.

Yup, me too :smile:
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited October 2016
    EniracY wrote: »

This was me until I began the quest to earn all the achievement badges. Earning some badges required me to play with Sims who weren't so nice and who weren't all mortals. As well, I explored more areas of the EPs.

ETA - Lexers615 created an excellent guide with tips to achieving the badges

@angeljess26 - Thanks for pointing out that the world bundle for Monte Vista and Hidden Springs is still available. I don't know why I could not find it.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    EniracY wrote: »

I'm another one of those. I'm not good at building lots, I'm good at decorating lots. I really have trouble building the actual structure but give me one and I can do all sorts of awesome stuff for it. I actually use real house designs for some of my sim's homes, like from those architecture magazines or online samples because I am so bad at designing my own. Is that cheating? :p My dad is really good at it, though, when his health lets him play. ^_^
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    edited October 2016
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    I'm still largely locked out of the store, but I AM in Australia, so it's likely I'm dealing with a different server than most. Good to hear that it's come back for some people, though!
    I am still locked out of my purchase history. Sometimes, I have to login to My Page in order to get to the store pages.

ETA -
    Tamaek wrote: »
    I'm another one of those. I'm not good at building lots, I'm good at decorating lots. I really have trouble building the actual structure but give me one and I can do all sorts of awesome stuff for it. I actually use real house designs for some of my sim's homes, like from those architecture magazines or online samples because I am so bad at designing my own. Is that cheating? :p My dad is really good at it, though, when his health lets him play. ^_^
    You are absolutely not cheating. I use house plans or base builds on homes I have seen. In fact, my husband used to be a home builder in OE (RL to those not familiar with DD lingo). He referred to home design magazines to build his show homes.

BTW - I love all the activity this thread has seen in the last week or two. I was tired of hearing the crickets chirp many times throughout the summer months, or winter, depending on which hemisphere you live in.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    I'm still largely locked out of the store, but I AM in Australia, so it's likely I'm dealing with a different server than most. Good to hear that it's come back for some people, though!
    I am still locked out of my purchase history. Sometimes, I have to login to My Page in order to get to the store pages.

Thank you @Me1620 for posting this! I've been trying to log in forever and this just worked! <3
    @Odonata68 - Glad it also works for you.

Here is the list for the Current Deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours

Current Deal
    141 ) Empyrean Luxury Loveseat / 38 / 81 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique; Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    142 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 950 / 1710 / 44% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 887, # 294, # 659)

143 ) More Magic! / 1100 / 1782 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 748, # 133 & # 672)

This is a 3 hour deal
    144 ) La-Di-Da Windows by BahHaus / 38 / 100 / 62% / 3 hours
    Part of: BahHaus

145 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen - Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

This is a 3 hour deal
    146 ) The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection / 694 / 1310 / 47% / 3 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 307)

147 ) Chesapeake Bay Bay Window / 44 / 99 / 56% / 2 hours
    Hewnsman Dining Room Set; Full Hewnsman Set

148 ) Go All In Collection / 986 / 3400 / 71% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Viva Las Vegas Living; Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Regency Arcade
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 321 & # 604)

149 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 220 / 552 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 546 same as # 579 but less than # 497, # 160)

150 ) Caterpillar Wall Hooks / 11 / 28 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Through the Spy Glass Bathroom; Fortune's Folly Compilation; March 2011 Compilation

151 ) Classy Chassis Dining Chair / 20 / 75 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit; I Heart the '50s

152 ) Provence / 238 / 693 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation; 3 items are included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 933, # 610, # 752)

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    calents wrote: »
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    Hey peep, glad almost everyone got the DD! Got quick question... do I need to download pet shop again? Cause they are missing the register and replace it with microwave. Not happy. At least I own all the store item. :wink::smiley:

Eep! Hi @Pugslover4! Yes, I think the register comes with the pet shop. The game is autoreplacing it with the microwave because they are in the same category (electronics). I once saw a hot tub autoreplaced with a toilet on a back deck for that reason (both are plumbing).

Thanks, now I know one of ya'll gave me roaring height or something. That the only thing missing from my game list. Well, thanks! :)

9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
    edited October 2016
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Is it too involved to ask how you guys discovered the DD was on a rotation and not spontaneously generated?
    @JovialJoy welcome to the DD thread and the forums. It's not so much predicting as knowing how things work. The DD thread is on constant repeat so we know what's coming, for how long and at what price.
    Probably one person watching and going I've seen that before, at that price, (originally it was a daily deal, one item for 24 hours) *keeps watching* seen that too, points it out on the forums and other people say they've noticed that too. Let's try and keep track of that, DD thread born.
    Honestly I have no idea, above is just a theory.
    As for the current DD list we know it's not going to change to a new list because they've moved onto the sims 4 and one of the sim gurus told us this is the last list and will keep going for as long as they want it to.
    I don't recall exactly when we first noticed a list repeating, or rotating as we say. It would have been a case of someone noticing (many years ago) that a sequence of deals had been seen before ... and that the sequence was continuing ... OMG the list is being repeated! Over the months that following we became a very adept community of deal stalkers - spotting trends, working out the deal rules, calculating the best discounts and, most of all, helping each other out on their Sims Store journey. :)

Jodi, @Me1620 added a nice potted history to the front of this thread, at: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14408064/#Comment_14408064

@JovialJoy - Welcome to the DD thread; my favourite place on the forums. While @ajaxpost and @angeljess26 already answered your post, I thought I would provide you, and others new to the DD thread, with some samples from previous threads on how we created the DD list. Come with me for a walk down memory lane.

If you look at the Daily Deal store page, the store team lists the current deal and the two "Past Sales" and the two "Upcoming Deals". With previous lists, our clue was the past deals would suddenly be blank.

From the second last list that ran from July 3rd to September 23, 2014
    jerrinicci wrote: »
    New list! I watched it change from Dame Daisy up next to Last Venue of Amore when I refreshed the page.
    Am I hallucinating or is another list starting? Because my DD page is showing The Last Venue of Amore up next, and I don't see that on the current DD list...

This was a first ... two posts in the DD thread from a SimGuru about our list. SimGuruTaterTot's first post is how we knew the deals would no longer sell out
    Hey Simmers,

We'll be uploading a new list next week that will take into consideration your feedback on the quantity limits and timing. While the list will be long like this one, it will also repeat.

Hope that helps!

BTW don't these new forums look amazing?

TT

and her second post was how we knew the September 2014 list was our last list
    Hey Simmers! The new Daily Deal list is up! Unless there are issues, this will be the final list.

Now that we knew the new list was starting, the DD stalkers would post deal information as it came up for the first time.
    Mulder8486 wrote: »
    Last Venue of Amore / 800 / 1900 / 58% / 2 hours
    30 second sell out is NOT happening!!
    Wallin wrote: »
    Now:
    3) Adventurous Life! / 640 / 2000 / 68% / 2 hours

Next:
    4) The Insulator / 81 / 2 hours
    5) Fit for a Queen / 85

Last Venue of Amore went the full duration, Adventurous Life! started at 7 minutes past the hour.

You may wonder why Last Venue of Amore is deal 2 and not deal 1. The last deal of the previous list always became the first deal of the following list. Deal 1, Vineyard Villa Furnishings, is not under the new "unlimited" quantities so you may notice the percent sold climbing faster than any other deal on this list.

We would continue to add deal information until we saw the first few deals come up again. Vineyard Villa Furnishing came up on the list four times. However, for the other times it was offered, Last Venue of Amore was not the next deal. When Last Venue of Amore, Adventourous Life! and The Insulator, were following Vineyard Villa Furnishings, we would declare we were in the second rotation and viola!, the list was complete.

Post edited by Me1620 on

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JovialJoy you are welcome for the spreadsheet info. Be sure to check out below if you have not already.
    Here Are the Basics to the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun Cascade
    Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun cascade.
    1. Buy a single item from Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun worth about 25 sp to start the CYS discount
    2. Then buy the set for 375 - 425 sp. (whatever your CYS price is)
    3. Check out Tip Top Toddler Collection and Kids 2010! for green download buttons
    It usually works but it does not for everyone. Apparently, you must buy the first item for the playground set and cannot be gifted the item. So, for about 400 sp, you get two compilations that are worth a lot. There is some overlap between the two compilations but Tip Top Toddler Collection is worth 2,795 sp and Kids! 2010 is worth 4,950 sp.
    I'm a fairly recent DD hunter, and while I've been farming store points for a year or so I didn't realise about multiple tabs or cascades until a couple of months ago! Getting pretty close to owning the store; mostly just the Worlds left.
    @AuraKnight I too am in Australia and things seem to be behaving for me probably because I don't need the to lol so there is hope.
    @Me1620 Re: worlds bundle, different version sof the same site maybe. And thanks for the trip down memory lane. And another big thank you for all your hard work posting the deals mostly by yourself while I wasn't here.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    @JovialJoy you are welcome for the spreadsheet info. Be sure to check out below if you have not already.
    Here Are the Basics to the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun Cascade
    Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun cascade.
    1. Buy a single item from Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun worth about 25 sp to start the CYS discount
    2. Then buy the set for 375 - 425 sp. (whatever your CYS price is)
    3. Check out Tip Top Toddler Collection and Kids 2010! for green download buttons
    It usually works but it does not for everyone. Apparently, you must buy the first item for the playground set and cannot be gifted the item. So, for about 400 sp, you get two compilations that are worth a lot. There is some overlap between the two compilations but Tip Top Toddler Collection is worth 2,795 sp and Kids! 2010 is worth 4,950 sp.

@angeljess26, it worked! Yay! Thanks so much. By the way, I just realized I would have found the DD spreadsheet if I'd looked more closely at your "signature" too. Hah!

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    @JovialJoy - Welcome to the DD thread; my favourite place on the forums. While @ajaxpost and @angeljess26 already answered your post, I thought I would provide you, and others new to the DD thread, with some samples from previous threads on how we created the DD list. Come with me for a walk down memory lane.

@Me1620, I appreciate you sharing the journey with me! That's awesome that the Guru tipped you guys off. And two years later(?), all the work you put into detailing the list is still paying off. And I've benefited! So, thank you. :smiley:<3

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    Tamaek wrote: »
    I'm another one of those. I'm not good at building lots, I'm good at decorating lots. I really have trouble building the actual structure but give me one and I can do all sorts of awesome stuff for it. I actually use real house designs for some of my sim's homes, like from those architecture magazines or online samples because I am so bad at designing my own. Is that cheating?
    You are absolutely not cheating. I use house plans or base builds on homes I have seen. In fact, my husband used to be a home builder in OE (RL to those not familiar with DD lingo). He referred to home design magazines to build his show homes.

@Tamaek and @Me1620, I used to build homes based off of ones I'd lived in, seen in my hometown, or floorplans I'd seen in home decorating catalogs. Then, I picked up these realtor's pamphlets and started building houses based on them. And finally, I really got into building in The Sims 2 when I bought a Lumberman Homes book. (I still have it ... somewhere.) Hundreds of floorplans! But I haven't gotten into building in The Sims 3 yet. I've mostly just "renovated" the homes that come with Sunset Valley, and I revamped a park. Of the two houses I have made, there's one I really like. It's actually my own design, but I know the inspiration was still sourced from somewhere. And isn't that how it goes for even the skilled builders? So I can't see using floorplans as cheating! :p

@Me1620, so what exactly does OE stand for?

• AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Well, blow me down. Logging in through My Page and Chrome works! I would use stronger language, but it would all come up as plums anyway
    If I may be very presumptuous and steal Jodi's thunder ... OE is term we adopted way back when (possibly during the April - June 2013 list?) instead of 'RL' because our online lives, here in the communities, are just as real as in the 'offline' world, and so Offline Existence was born. :)

Just wish I could remember who came up with it! :(

• Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I haven't had any luck with Ads. Did everything. Can't access my page. Otherwise lovely day. How are you?
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @Misa_wants_Pepsi maybe you could try a different device? I can do things on my PC that I can't on my phone and vise-versa. Others have said the same so maybe you'll have better luck on a phone, tablet or laptop or on a mac or pc if you were already on those. And it is a weird day so far and it just started but not entirely bad (yet).
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • JennyferLxJennyferLx Posts: 87 Member
    Just noticed 4 items from my wishlist have been gifted. Thank you @missy2311 o:)
    <3
    If I may be very presumptuous and steal Jodi's thunder ... OE is term we adopted way back when (possibly during the April - June 2013 list?) instead of 'RL' because our online lives, here in the communities, are just as real as in the 'offline' world, and so Offline Existence was born. :)
    I think it was @silencedsong (runs off checks page 1, it was)
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    Doh! That's me having a 'daddy look' for something! :smiley: I only checked one post that I though might be relevant! :(

Thank you :star:
    Doh! That's me having a 'daddy look' for something! :smiley: I only checked one post that I though might be relevant! :(
    Thank you :star:
    Lol :smiley: you're welcome
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Wow, much activity here! I also noticed I could not log in using the button 'login' on the top left of the page, but tried logging in using the button 'my page' in the menu and that worked for me. Maybe that helps?

Well, I'm very curious about tomorrow. Will the update (if there's any) go right this time? *Dum-dum-duuuuum* (trying to imitate that sound of dramatic drums) ;)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I see our deals are no longer ending at x:19 after the hour now, either.

Thank you to those in charge of the spreadsheet and the updates here! Its much appreciated.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Can't log in on my phone again. Which really sucks for catching (or NOT catching) sales when I'm not home. I'll have to test my tablet later to see if that works.

The spreadsheet I had "fixed" for myself went awry overnight. I guess there were some variables which I didn't allow for, like Deal 146 running for 3 hours instead of 2. So I'm back to Jodi's master sheet, which means a couple hours tonight re-aligning my scheduled purchases for the next 4 months. *sigh* Again.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top