Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is it just me or do a lot of the cc sim 4 pages for clothes and hair look really creepy and lifeless

I'm not saying the things dont look good on sims but the models they use just feel off to me
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Because even the skin is cc in those models! :joy:
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Just find ur own taste. After all they are all free, right? ;)

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    ChristinabeeChristinabee Posts: 22 Member
    Have you checked out maxis match cc? I definitely recommend taking a look if you haven't! Personally, alpha is just a bit too realistic for me. I prefer the art style of sims 4 and really like having cc that blends in with the game. But, there's so many talented creators out there in the community...I really think there's something for everyone!
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Have you checked out maxis match cc? I definitely recommend taking a look if you haven't! Personally, alpha is just a bit too realistic for me. I prefer the art style of sims 4 and really like having cc that blends in with the game. But, there's so many talented creators out there in the community...I really think there's something for everyone!

I absolutely agree with this!
    A lot of cc isn't to my taste at all and the art styles can clash with the maxis art style. Getting maxis match cc can help it look like it belongs more in your game.

Some cc I see on tumblr looks so far from maxis match that some simmers pics don't even look like they come from the sims 4.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    I am not sure what maxis match or alpha means.. I am assuming maxis match is something like blocky lego hair instead of realistic hair with strands? I have seen a lot of CC clothes and I tend to avoid them mostly, because they are so horribly done, like they were just made with poorly copy and pasted textures. Is that alpha? The hair is fine.. I don't mind it. Honestly, I don't see the point in downloading CC if you're already happy with the default look in game. I thought the whole point of CC was to try to improve the way the sims looked. If I thought the hair looked nice to begin with, I wouldn't mind buying extra game packs or content just to get more variety.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi @WissaWolf! Maxis match is CC made to look like part of the game. Several creators have strived to give us new hairstyles or clothing choices that look like they belong in the game. They also provide more color and pattern options to items already available in the game. Many people feel that it enhances game play to have more (free) content.

As for Alpha, yes, it is the "hair with strands" as you say. Alpha refers to the type of texturing used.

There is also "realistic: style which includes the cut and paste looking clothes and furniture/object styles that looks like things you would actually have in your home. There are quite a few sites that dedicate themselves to fans of this type of content as well.

Basically, there is something for every type of CC fan.
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    Ahh, okay. Well, I like the alpha hair, skin, and eyes. I would not mind using maxis match clothes, though. Most of the CC clothes I have found were of poor quality and looked too different to fit in game. I probably won't do much about objects, seeing as I think they have enough variety for decorations and chairs.. I usually take interest only if it provides a unique function. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2016
    @WissaWolf If you are looking for CC, My Sims 4 Blog is fantastic and has everything categorized. Just use the drop down labels in the left margin.
    http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/