Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the love of all that is holy, how do you make an OMSP???

I have been asking this question EVERYWHERE and have gotten nowhere.

I want to make some OMSPs that are odd-sized. The OMSPs that people have made are counter sized or bed sized, etc., but I've run across cc surfaces that aren't the same height as the dressers, beds, coffee tables, and so on that are out there, so putting clutter on these items can't be done...unless there is an OMSP that is the correct height; I want to make some that are in-between heights. There's a need for this in the Sims 4 community, I think, but I just can't figure out how to make them. The issue I'm having is performing whatever sorcery is needed to make an invisible swatch, everything else -- meshing, UV mapping, texture -- are beyond simple to do. It's the technical magic that takes place in the behavior of an OMSP that I can't figure out. Does that make any sense to anyone?

I really could use help with this. I'm SimPeopleRampage at TSR and plan to upload the OMSPs there...IF I can get them made, that is. Anyone who helps me will get full credit for that, and my undying love, and I will name all the future cats I plan to adopt someday after you. That's a promise :wink:

Thanks in advance, people!
Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.

Comments

• ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2016
    Edit: Okay, thanks to some of Orangemittens tutorials I figured out that I should clone an end table to start with. I compared the ea endtable with someone else's OMSP and figured out how to make my item have an invisible swatch (had to change some shaders and change the alpha mask threshold to 0), but now I'm having the problem with not being able to pick up the table once it's been made invisible.

Siiiiiiiiiigh.....
    Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.
  • ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    Since I'm being such a pest about this I figure I should update my post. I figured out that if I clone a plant I can make my omsp invisible and I can interact with it, too. I gave my all my variants an alpha mask threshold of 0, changed the invisible variant's shading to phong alpha, and made sure the invisible dds file had a black alpha. Now, whether I needed to change the shader and/or alpha mask threshold, I don't know. But I did just in case. And I was able to add slots using Orangemittens tutorial. So, aside from the fact that I can't seem to place a microwave on my omsp (which I don't know how to fix), it works great! Problem solved!

This is a cross post, by the way, if that matters. :D