Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 Since I know the exact house numbers I'm dealing with etc. I had the opportunity 2 assess the different aspects & "open" some different game play into The Drifter Challenge! I hope u like what I've done!

I do!! But yanno .... starting all over again DOES give me the chance to play with some of my newly created sims!!! ;);)

Case in point --- how 'bout a NEW "blog"?!?? (actually, my website, but *you* get my drift) LOL
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @MsPrissy88 this is true!! =)
    I added your new blog in the House 001 thread & removed the old link!
    I just hope u have fun!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @MsPrissy88 this is true!! =)
    I added your new blog in the House 001 thread & removed the old link!
    I just hope u have fun!

Thanks @Vi! I'm certainly gonna try -- this time. ;):D

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Welcome back @MsPrissy88 !!

And I just have to say WOW!! @Vihisha Awesome job on streamlining the rules!! I can't imagine the hours you spent pulling your hair out trying to keep all of this information straight without overlooking something! Once again I tip my hat to you and offer twenty hugs for all of your hard work!!

Gable and I are still trying to decide what our next move will be. While he thinks about it, I'm bouncing around doing some setup work for either scenario. IF what I have in mind works, then I really think I'm going to run with it. But then again I may not. Hmmm so hard to decide. I think seeing the finalized rules for House 006 and 007 will probably tip the scales and make my decision more clear. But then again maybe not. lol
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Hiya Allie!!! Breadcrumbs are already up on the House 001 thread. Whenever you get a chance to go read it, I **definitely** would love some feedback! Liking the new rules, as well. When I had watched @Vi's video, I was little saddened by what she had said, but ya gotta figure, SHE really needs to have (at least) SOME time off. (for good behavior, that is) LOL
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    AllieMac wrote: »
    And I just have to say WOW!! @Vihisha Awesome job on streamlining the rules!! I can't imagine the hours you spent pulling your hair out trying to keep all of this information straight without overlooking something! Once again I tip my hat to you and offer twenty hugs for all of your hard work!!

Thank-u so so much! It's good 2 hear positive feedback. I can tell u it's been more than 80 hours of work doing the revamp & I'm still posting rules LMAO. I won't lie...I still prolly missed things...but I checked, re-checked & then checked another (what feels like) a million times TRYING my hardest 2 get it "perfect"! THX so much 4 your kind words & hugs...it's MUCH appreciated, my dear friend! <3

All houses will follow the basic format of House 001. I know that's not much help in tipping the scales 1 way or the other 4 how you'll b doing things...but that's about all I got! ha ha

I'll get more rules up ASAP...but the "full language" from my program 2 Blogger & here on The Forums, unfortunately do not transfer w/out some re-spacing & re-bolding etc. so the revamp posting process is taking longer than I had originally thought it would (of course) ha ha
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    When I had watched @Vi's video, I was little saddened by what she had said, but ya gotta figure, SHE really needs to have (at least) SOME time off. (for good behavior, that is) LOL
    Whew I'm so glad you're letting me off the hook!! :wink: hee hee

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Happy Saturday Everyone!! (or, Sunday -- wherever you might live)

I know I've been a little quiet lately. Work is just killing me. For those of you who know - via FB, we were a 3-man crew for most of September. We only just got another TEMP earlier this week. And while being a "man down" was stressful enough, the menu we have to prepare each day is ..... ridiculous. (but, I won't go into that)

So! Let me just say, that by the time I get home from work, I'm lucky if I don't pass out right away. And if that means that I have to wait until the weekend to play... it's ok.

Now, on to happier news!! :#

At the time of *this* writing, I am going through the pictures I had snapped and writing up the next day's event(s) for my house 001!! As soon as I have "enough" done, y'all WILL SEE a breadcrumb posted in that thread. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Hiya I am back and gave Justin a little house to enjoy, I've been very busy in real life, so I will just keep posting my pictures on the forums, instead of writing a blog. The house consists of a bed, a stereo, a shower, a toilet, some lamps and a washing table. Very simple, the bathroom is seperated from the bed by a half-wall.
    edited October 2016
    I've been a busy little bee and finally can stop in to catch up. First of all, I restructured my blog menus quite a bit. They should make it easier to navigate now. I recently joined a Reading Circle and realized there are probably quite a few "inside" jokes & references to all of our forum chats hidden in my blog, so I added a couple of posts. Since a few of y'all were quoted, I thought you might want to take a stroll down memory lane for a second.

The Origins of Allie Foo Foo
    featuring @Vihisha, @Rawla, @Glimmer50, @MsPrissy88, @tammyjo329 ** spoiler free **

Blondie & Her Gnomes
    Highlighting certain nefarious actions proposed by Blondie & spurred on by @MsPrissy88 during Jayden's (@MsPrissy88 heir) pursuit of a suitable bride.
    ** may contain some House 002 spoilers **

The Drifters
    a catalog page of my Gallery Drifter Households that have been uploaded
    ** contains spoilers house goals are given with each heir, don't scroll the whole page if you haven't reached House 006 and are trying to keep the rules a surprise **

Drifter Houses
    a catalog page with all Gallery Drifter Lots that I've uploaded.

I also FINALLY cleaned out my messy screenshot folder, finished setting things up for my next Drifter move, and THINK I have the next 2 posts ready to be published. My brains a little mushy after all of this other stuff (I've been working on it all for the past couple of days non-stop it feels). So I'm going to take a little break, then come back hopefully soon ready to hit the ground running.

Have fun y'all & I hope you enjoy my Misc Tab on my new menu. :)

Edited to add:

Oops meant to add.... @MsPrissy88 HI!! I read your website the other day and really like how you started out! Great job! Gotta love that hair hehe. That's crazy about you were short on people at work for so long. I hope it's gotten better for you so you can get some play time in. How's your Mom doing?

@Fennadev Welcome back! and good luck on House 001. :)
    Post edited by AllieMac on
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac WOW u HAVE been a busy bee!! Everything looks GREAT! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Just letting all of u know that I will b posting more of the revamped rules asap. This last Friday I went into the hospital 4 emergency gall bladder surgery & am now home & recovering. I'm taking things slow..so if u don't c much activity from me...that would b why! =)
    Thought I'd drop a quick post here 2 let ya know
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    @Vihisha Oh no, so sorry about that! Glad you're home and recovering. Definitely take it easy!!
    Hiya @Fennadev!! Welcome back B) I, too, have come back to try this.

Hey @Allie!! {{hugs}} WOW. That's not busy.... that's more like going into your closet, grabbing EVERY-THING and throwing it all down on your bed, and then sorting through to see what you want to keep and that you want to throw out. :D;) I definitely will have to pop over to check out the new look! :#

And @Vi .... Until I saw Homie's post over on FB, I didn't even know that you had gone IN to the hospital. And like I had said on my comment to his post, I am SUPER glad that everything went well and that you're home. I myself have never had that kind of surgery, but any kind of surgery is painful enough. You just relax, and don't try to move around too much. I think we're "big enough" to take care of things around here for ya. ;):D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @IllusoryThrall @juliekaye @MsPrissy88 THX so much..I really appreciate the understanding! THX 4 the well wishes & everything =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hello hello hello!!! :#

I've left some breadcrumbs over in House 001 thread. Right now, everything is up to date through Day 4. I still have some images yet to add, but those will be for Day 5.

So, head on over to House 001 thread, and look for the most recent posts. That's where I have left the crumbs. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    I've been MIA for a little while (busy in real life :() so I'm just now responding to a lot lol. I've started on the revamped rules, just trying to figure out how I want this story to go. I should be posting a chapter soon.

@Vihisha Ouch! I sure hope you're recovering well :)
    I've been MIA for a little while (busy in real life :() so I'm just now responding to a lot lol. I've started on the revamped rules, just trying to figure out how I want this story to go. I should be posting a chapter soon.

@Vihisha Ouch! I sure hope you're recovering well :)

Yay! We'll be doing House 001 together. I bet you blast right through it though while I slowly crawl along. hehe. Staring it out seems to be the hardest for me too. You get the Sim made, set up the game, take your screenies, and then sit there going "Now what?". Good luck figuring out which direction to take it in. :)
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited October 2016
    I'm curious about something. Why do adopted children not count as heirs? This seems more like a challenge to just build up a town through the generations of one family line, not really about their genetics specifically.

I was adopted but I promise I'm not offended or anything. :) Not on any soapbox or wanting it changed or anything hahaha...really just curious if there was a reasoning behind it I'm missing. And maybe that is simply to see the genetics change over time, which is cool!

And I know I can adapt and play however I wish (and believe me, I do! LOL). I think I just read something today in a thread and it just made me go "Wait...why is that?" So I thought I'd ask. :)
    @juliekaye I know there have been a lot of questions about having heirs made through adoption or alien abductions and @Vihisha had specific reasoning for not allowing them. IF memory serves correctly, part of the reasoning was it would make some of the Houses easier to complete. You wouldn't necessarily have to find some random sim to befriend and become romantically involved with to have your heir. You'd also bypass the whole pregnancy and the possible negative aspects of it. You could also skip the whole "baby stage" by adopting a child and that child may already have some skills developed. I think it's basically to keep the challenges as CHALLENGING as possible (as we all know our Mama Bear loves to do). :)

Adoptions and alien babies can be added to the family at any time, they just don't qualify as the "heir."

Hope this helped a little until @Vihisha pops in to answer your question. :) Also hope I got this right. hehe
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    edited October 2016
    @AllieMac THX 4 answering @juliekaye you're 100% right in why an adopted Sim can't b considered The Heir. Down the line we do have a house the deals w/adoptions...but even in that particular house...they r not the heir. It just takes quite a bit of the "challenge" out of the challenge heh
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Ok thanks @Vihisha and @AllieMac for the replies. That makes sense...I didn't think about skills issue and them actually going through the pregnancy aspect (needs wise) type of thing so that makes sense. :)
    @AllieMac THX 4 answering @juliekaye you're 100% right in why an adopted Sim can b considered The Heir. Down the line we do have a house the deals w/adoptions...but even in that particular house...they r not the heir. It just takes quite a bit of the "challenge" out of the challenge heh

@Vihisha HI Mama Bear... Not to sound nit-picky, but you might want to edit this post. You accidentally put "can be considered the Heir" and I can see someone getting confused by that later and misinterpreting the rule. :) I know you would rather have it pointed out than have to explain it all over again down the road.

@juliekaye Glad I could help. :) Vihisa usually has a reason behind the restrictions, but then sometimes I have to wonder if she does it just to make us squirm. But we love her for it. I think it's why we all seem to get so addicted to Drifting. She does love a good challenge.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Eeep @AllieMac THX 4 pointing that out!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    This challenge looks awesome! ^.^ I love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top