Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a Big Fan of The Sims, I'm hoping they'll introduce more "curly ethnic hair"

2...Next

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited October 2016
    I am all for different hair styles of different periods as well. I was disappointed with TS3's 70s, 80s and 90s SP as it missed out some big 90s hair cuts.

Here is a few:

Will Smith's haircut from Fresh Prince. I guess this is known as the 'Philly Cut am I right? Not seen as often these days but is a reminder of the early 90s TV shows and music :smile:

Fresh%20Prince%20one.jpg

I think that Whitney Houston looks gorgeous in this picture :smile:

e5aff8e0828114bfd2b62ed525817cfa.jpg

Not curly hair this time but still worth a mention for vintage hair cuts is the 'Rachel cut' from friends.

grid-cell-369-1416664375-11.jpg

One of the most famous haircuts from the 90s was the undercut or curtains as worn by Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys, Leonardo Dicaprio and footballer David Beckham. It was also very common with Chinese and Japanese males as well as people from India, Pakistan and other Asian countries and seems to have made a mild come back lately. This haircut is best worn straight so I haven't seen it on any Afro Caribbean men but instead you could have braids and an undercut.

EMGN-Curtain-Hairstyles-Celebs-90s-20.jpg

Braids as already mentioned can come with another styles or patterns. I always said that this would be my haircut if I was Afro Caribbean as I always thought it looks cool.

boy-braids-style-illunian-in-micro-braids-for-men-the-awesome-micro-braids-for-men-regarding-really-encourage.jpg

Bald or the easiest haircut is no haircut at all. I think TS4 still has a bald option but I will mention it here just to share a picture of The Rock ;)

1142.jpg

One thing I have always liked about The Sims is that you can choose any haircut for Sims and they never seem to mind. You can have a dark skinned Sim with ginger hair or even aliens with a number of haircuts but I think the Afro-Caribbean styles should not be over looked as most of those hairstyles have always been some of the most daring and influential in modern culture :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    black-kids-hairstyles-3.jpg
    a262de16dd4dee091f88540973a34a90.jpg

I really like these!

I'd love more curly hair in general, both loose curls and tight curls.

Curly-Hair-Styling-Tips.png

medium-side-parted-curly-hairstyle.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

short-curly-hair.jpg

I'm a bit jelly of people with curly hair because mine just refuses to hold a curl!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    @Voeille I wonder if it would be possible to make a coarse texture for hair in this game. I'm understanding better about the alpha and those detailed curls. Would it be correct to say they had more options for making hair in TS3?

Yes, using alpha definitely does allow creators to have more options for hair, and for all I’ve seen the EA artists did use those possibilities, there are plenty of different styles added in packs and store. However, they were still had to conform to some polygon limitations, so their hair didn’t look as good as it would if they didn’t have to do that – that’s why CC hair often looks amazing, custom creators don’t need to worry about performance, because their content isn’t official. EA content is official and must be adjusted so minimal requirements (like graphic card) are as they promised. Similarly to mature content, EA can’t add it to the game because of rating, but custom creators and modders are free to do so.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited October 2016
    The guys definitely need ethnic hair options. The black guys I make in my game are either rocking that shaved top or looking like they got a perm. Smh.
    Looking like yung joc's new do.
    dratcn.jpg
    Rofl.
    I'd like to see some dreads. Like real dreads. Google: Bob Marley.
    meeoun wrote: »
    The guys definitely need ethnic hair options. The black guys I make in my game are either rocking that shaved top or looking like they got a perm. Smh.
    dratcn.jpg
    Rofl.

@meeoun Where is the LOL button when you need it? That hair on Yung Joc is tragic. I saw this several weeks ago. A hot mess!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    dratcn.jpg
    Rofl.

LOOOOOOOOOL too true :(
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    I'd love more curly hair especially, but I can see it'd probably be really difficult with TS4's clay style. There have been a few curly Maxis-Match cc hairstyles released but honestly most of the ones I've seen look more like sponges than anything else.
    @SimGuruKimmi Here are a few more pictures my fellow Simmer buddies have sent me ((snip))
    I love the fourth style a lot ("Sashabasha-Undercut" in the link)! My hair's like, 2a I think, but I often do a style sort of like that and it'd be really nice to see it in game in any form. I'd like to suggest something like the hairstyle Aluna has on AlunaGeorge's "I'm In Control" cover (can't post pictures, sorry)? I think something like that would be really cute
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimGuruKimmi probably won't like that these CCs are alphas, but they are still pretty. http://ebonixsimblr.tumblr.com/post/149147771587/ebonix

Probably can't do a copy of them anyways because of artistic integrity, but rough idea I guess of what styles could be made for Maxis matched. I guess that is the challenge when using CC as examples is making it unique when created by Maxis.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre Yes, I only posted them to give the @SimGuruKimmi an idea of possible styles.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Tbh, this thread is giving me ideas for my own hair, LMAO.
    I've always wanted more ethnic hairstyles in my Sims games. I want Sims that look like ME. I want to normalize the hair that's on my head instead of thinking that there's something "off" because it's not straight with bangs like almost all of the other hairstyles. GIVE ME MY NAPPY HAIR!
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I 100% agree! I was asking about this the other day and I'd love some more representation for people with curly hair, especially the kinkier type of curl. No pics right now but when I done with class, I'll find some!
    But anywahs, love this thread. Thank you OP
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I'd love some in TS4 as I currently get mine off tumblr but I'd loooove if they added some naturals as well as some weaves. Some like this would be cool and apologies for the massive pics as I'm on mobile:
    36d87cbdc4c6ed4aacdc2e5be7ec5bc0.jpg
    57df07cd7bec6b4716ec5d48f551d4a4.jpg
    9f0811497b56d476b0edffb6b143d234.jpg
    Mongolian-Kinky-Curly-font-b-Hair-b-font-Curly-font-b-Weave-b-font-Human-font.jpg
    Brazilian-Virgin-font-b-Hair-b-font-Water-Wave-3-Bundles-Wet-And-Wavy-Virgin-Brazilian.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Yessss...Especially for black history month, which is occuring now. Could we get a twist-out look, An adult fro hawk...just some naturally curly hair for blacks and latinos...could we get some hair representation for every culture...maybe a "culture pack...meltingpot pack...international pack" idk....something where all simmers can see themselves in their sims.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Lovely posts with great examples and definitely 100% agree with the notion we need more "ethnic" hair, esp the black texture kind.

Im also a huge fan of the big poofy/looser fro so I would like to <3 on that suggestion.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I also would like to see more hair texture and style diversity. Thick natural curls are my favorite :)