Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying City Living?

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yes, I'm buying.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Short answer: Yes! :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    @halimali1980, would that be a no or a maybe? :) And welcome back. Haven't seen you post in a few weeks.

Hey thank you. Yea I did not see anything worthwhile to come back and post about. I think it is a no for now.
    I will wait for modders. If they can do anything about the shells that is good if not I am going to pass.

On a monthly basis I am buying games worth $200 and sometimes more for different platforms but cannot support buying this pack because I cant support with what they did regarding the apartments.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes I will be buying it.
  • Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    It's got to be a no for me right now. I've just been really disappointed with the game so far and even though there are some aspects that I like (singing as a skill, selling wares on the streets, karaoke machine) I can't justify spending $40 on something that I'll stop playing after one family generation.

I'll be sticking with The Sims 2 for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Sorry but I don't feel like buying a game that limits my creativity and tells me what I can and cannot do. I prefer something of 100% creative freedom not 35%.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sorry but I don't feel like buying a game that limits my creativity and tells me what I can and cannot do. I prefer something of 100% creative freedom not 35%.

Every game limits your creativity and tells you what you can and can not do. That's called game mechanics. If you want100% creative freedom, try a pencil and paper.
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Yes, I already pre-orded it.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Every game limits your creativity and tells you what you can and can not do. That's called game mechanics. If you want100% creative freedom, try a pencil and paper.

I found something better then that. The Sims 3 :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Right. Because S3 is totally unlimited in every way.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes -- preordered so I can download the night before.

I'm looking forward to the city environment, the festivals, and Sims being able to earn a living without having an actual job -- I have one Sim who'll be a songwriter (he's already level 10 in all three instruments) and will also make money as a street performer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Right. Because S3 is totally unlimited in every way.

It is for me I don't understand why you have the need to hate me for it! If you want a game that restricts on what you can do that's fine. You don't see me making sarcastic remarks over it but it is a popular vote that you can do a lot more in Sims 3 then Sims 4 will ever allow....cut the hate please I wasn't trying to criticize anyone just making a statement!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2016
    up to now I hate apartments and restrictions in them and building and not sure about some of the clothing either but I like the look of build/buy
    the venues and park enough to buy it.
    and 3 new careers

right now I can see myself having more fun with this, get together, and dine out at least.

all three packs all look like they fit well together and of course we have another stuff pack to come that I hope will flow with these ones
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    68 YES
    6 NO
    13 MAYBE
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    Definitely yes, assuming I can round up the cash.
    I'm enamored by San Myshuno and the apartment system. I'm not experienced with past renditions of this EP so I wasn't really expecting roommates or the ability to build your own apartments or not having to go through a loading screen to visit your neighbors. This is everything I was expecting and more in terms of gameplay.
    I'm super thrilled about the CAS also. I wish we had a few more hairstyles and I hope there's more stuff for children but those are my only complaints so far.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes I pre-ordered
  • Options
    jayasurajayasura Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, on release date
  • Options
    Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    Yes preordered :)
  • Options
    madonnersmadonners Posts: 136 Member
    no will be the first pack im not gonna buy because I dont think its worth it. Theres just a new world with few new activities. You cant even build apartments.
    MadgeIronThrone.jpg
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member

I won¨t be buing it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Maybe, on two conditions. When the reviews from players here will be positive and if I can buy it on sale, like I did GT.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    No.

Not that I see anything "wrong" with it.
    It just doesn't shake my tree at this time.

• Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    YES! YES! YES! IM SOMEHOW GOING TO GET MY SIMS THE MONEY TO LIVE IN UPTOWN! THEY WILL HAVE CUPCAKES EVERY DAY AND LOTS OF MONEY! THEN WHEN THERE RICH ENOUGH ILL TURN ON AGING SO MY NEW GENERATION CAN MAKE MORE MONEY! SO YES I WILL BE BUYING THIS IT SEEMS REALLY NICE AND A GOOD INVESTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yws, when it goes on sale
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, but not on release day. GT added a whole new gameplay mechanic (wonky as it can be at times), while from what I've seen so far CL just offers stuff, places and scenery.