Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 City Living Cas

Comments

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited October 2016
    The main selling point of this pack is diversity. It's a nod to the tumblr crowd sjws.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I just wish we could have gotten a combination of both cultural items and more modern items like from GT. Cities are not completely comprised of people strutting around in saris and 90s-inspired high waisted pants. There are also people who wear clothes like the GT content. I don't have GT so I was hoping for some more clothes and hairs like that in addition to the cultural stuff.

So you want this pack to have clothes like GT because you didn't buy GT? Selfish much?

How is he/she selfish, it's up to them what games they want? Just because they want similar clothing styles which we had in GT in CL doesn't make them selfish??
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I just wish we could have gotten a combination of both cultural items and more modern items like from GT. Cities are not completely comprised of people strutting around in saris and 90s-inspired high waisted pants. There are also people who wear clothes like the GT content. I don't have GT so I was hoping for some more clothes and hairs like that in addition to the cultural stuff.

So you want this pack to have clothes like GT because you didn't buy GT? Selfish much?

How is he/she selfish, it's up to them what games they want? Just because they want similar clothing styles which we had in GT in CL doesn't make them selfish??

If they wanted that clothing style that badly then they should have bought that pack. To want this upcoming pack to backup and add clothes that we already could have bought just because you didn't buy it the first time is selfish. Buy GT instead and get the clothes you want.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited October 2016

If they wanted that clothing style that badly then they should have bought that pack. To want this upcoming pack to backup and add clothes that we already could have bought just because you didn't buy it the first time is selfish. Buy GT instead and get the clothes you want.

They would like some modern clothes in CL so they're classified as selfish because we already have them in GT? Does it really matter? I'd rather have more of a mixture of clothes personally considering a city holds many styles of fashion and I find it quite rude how you call them selfish because they didn't want get together that's up to them and you should respect that not calling them selfish and accusing them of things which they clearly didn't mean, say or do so let's stop at that and not derail the thread anymore :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Although I do hope I will be able to take the political career seriously, I mean one stage is called "social justice worker" (SJW for short). Yeah... we'll see.

Social justice worker is a real-world job type. Social justice workers are the people who assist you in navigating bureaucracy and the justice system when you need help with that because of any kind of disadvantage - educational, health, etc., etc. They will act as your advocates with government agencies, landlords, etc. Perhaps you're thinking "social justice warrior," which is not a job but an insult used against people who take public stands on a particular range of political issues?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

They would like some modern clothes in CL so they're classified as selfish because we already have them in GT? Does it really matter? I'd rather have more of a mixture of clothes personally considering a city holds many styles of fashion and I find it quite rude how you call them selfish because they didn't want get together that's up to them and you should respect that not calling them selfish and accusing them of things which they clearly didn't mean, say or do so let's stop at that and not derail the thread anymore :)

If CL were the only pack we would have, then yes, a more blending of American style clothes and other cultures would be great. But it's not the only pack. We've had multiple packs with all styles of clothes that anyone and everyone are free to buy or not buy. This pack, however, is about cultures other than the American style we been given in the past. There are plenty of modern, "normal" clothes in the game already, why should those be repeated in this pack about other cultures? That makes no sense and, yes, IMO, to ask for clothes we already have just because you didn't buy them in the other packs, is selfish. If you disagree, fine by me. If you don't like my opinion, I don't care. If you think I'm being a big ole meanie for expressing my opinion, tough cookies, get over it and move on. You could have read my post, disagreed in silence and moved on. But no, you want to make this an issue by continuing to confront me about my opinion and my right to express it. Get a grip and move on. (I'm betting you won't though.)
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @Dannydanbo Now that you've expressed your opinion, can we please stop derailing the thread? :)

I personally love the sari from the trailers and that cool armband with the leaves on it. I'm also looking forward to the sushi dress and the beret!
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member

Why would they add clothes that are in GT when they have GT?
  • Options

@Dannydanbo Now that you've expressed your opinion, can we please stop derailing the thread? :)

I personally love the sari from the trailers and that cool armband with the leaves on it. I'm also looking forward to the sushi dress and the beret!

Every post in this thread that I have made has been about this thread topic except for this one which is a response to you trying to derail this thread by making it about me. You should keep to the topic. I have been.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I didn't said that I dislike the alternative cas items, I just wished we had more cas items that would soot all of my sims. I use the hairstyles from GTW and GT all the time but I don't see myself using the hairstyles of CL much. I would use them on my 'cultural' sims but they only fit those kind of sims. I am glad with the alternative cas items but I just would like to see some more neutral(something that would soot everybody) hairstyles.
  • Options
    I can imagine using the cultural clothes and hair styles on a lot of my sims. Using some of them in my restaurants for my host/hostess to wear to fit with the food being served.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    edited October 2016
    Besides, there's still plenty of "normal"
    CAS and build mode items you can already see in the trailers. And a lot of the culturally inspired stuff has a modern twist to it, so it's not too far from current styles.

Why do people keep putting normal in quotes?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    CAS and build mode items you can already see in the trailers. And a lot of the culturally inspired stuff has a modern twist to it, so it's not too far from current styles.

Maybe because that word is very loaded with geographic and cultural assumptions about what "normal" is and positions everything else as "not normal" by implication. As if it's some kind of weird to wear a turban or a sari or a headscarf or to dress formally in a kimono not a ballgown.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Because normal is a slippery concept.

I love the cultural aspect of this pack and I'm really pleased to be able to represent different cultural traditions in the game. It's good to have a range to choose from. I do understand that the clothing may not be to everyone's taste, and that's fine too. It can be a little disappointing when a theme isn't something you feel like you'll use. It's a personal things though, and we can't expect everything to be to our own individual taste. I hope the next pack has CAS that you find more appealing OP.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    That's a bummer, OP, so I hope you're able to pick up GT at some point so you can flesh out your clothing options.
    I own all the content, though, so I'm up to my ears in normalcy... I'm definitely ready for more variety and flamboyant options! Many of the CL styles will look amazing on my aliens!!! <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member

Maybe because that word is very loaded with geographic and cultural assumptions about what "normal" is and positions everything else as "not normal" by implication. As if it's some kind of weird to wear a turban or a sari or a headscarf or to dress formally in a kimono not a ballgown.

It's even more loaded with quotations. I think it's great to see more diversity in this pack. Normal, or rather "normal", isn't the norm for everyone. For myself, I've had to download CC in hopes of getting hair that's even remotely close to my own texture. 99% of the styles in TS are completely outside the norm of my everyday.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    If the world in which our sims live in is a melting pot for all the sims on their little Sims planet can mix and mingle. Then I say that it's about time that we had gotten some diversity in sims and their CAS items, and in food. Rather than having all the sims look like that they were all from the same region on their little planet.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I saw some beautiful long dresses in the CL trailers, and blog pics. And I'm hoping that they have manage to fix that clipping problem that 's been plaguing Sims 4 for so long. Because I would love to see some of my female sims in those beautiful long dresses.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    There's some nice not-overly-cultural items in this pack too...

Various cropped tops and high-waist trousers.

93162c5664.jpg
    imgf8fa978ca7.jpg

Classy Mandarin-style high-neck and backless mesh/lace topped dress that will be perfect for weddings if it comes in white.

7139ca4d08.jpgdafbc8a21f.jpg

Smart-casual flared pantsuit with bolero jacket.

22894a401d.jpg

Simple swing dress:

06fd9035fe.jpgf08b55bf78.jpg

Among others.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Beautiful!!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I like some of it, but some of the clothes are a bit too tacky for my taste
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I mean with CAS it'll be a hit or miss. Not everything will be to someone's liking.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I hope they keep on adding clothing and patterns that are from more corners of the globe in more packs. Would be sad if this was the one and only time. For me this is one of the big selling points.

I like that Oasis Springs is so different from the other maps. Windenburg was a nice addition. Something new and fun would be a vacation world inspired by Greece perhaps if you want RL-inspired maps, something different than palm trees and beaches. Otherwise I am so ready for a map that is not set on this planet. Wish Sixam could have had 3 lots at least. As for clothing. Anything other than the same old stuff that we already got would be fun for me. Steampunk, historical clothes, futuristic space-stuff.