March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I finally saw a few start strolling by. I got it now. No skulls yet, but I saved with I think 3 people around my sim I can try with.

But I need some sleep. I haven't gotten as much done as I wanted to this morning, but like I said, it didn't really roll out like I thought it would, either. No work tonight though, so when I get up, you guys will be among the first to know. :) I *said* (to hubby) I was going to bed an hour ago. About 10 more minutes here, and I mean that for real. LOL!
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi everyone
    I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere to turn off automatic mourning?
    @egwarhammer I started the challenge but got bored with it, I might continue with it when I rotate back to the household I started it with.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer In another thread "same sims everywhere" you were talking about a setting in mcc that randomizes sims on a lot. I have mcc and that setting does not work for me as I see the same sims every place my sims go.

Untitled2_zpsigdrei8l.jpg
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have a question about MCCC's option "Do Not Club". What does it do exactly?
    If I flag a sim that sim won't ever be part of any clubs, correct?
    How about NPC? I flagged all my restaurant workers and then the very next sim-day when i went to talk to one of them she was a member of one club...
    Am I doing something wrong?

You're right, Never Club is supposed to keep any sim from being added to any club.

Basic questions, is everything MC related updated for 2.16? Any /Sims4 LastException files, or /MC Log errors mentioned?

What's in your Clubs settings? Here's mine:

"Club_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Club_MonitorMembers": true,
    "Club_OpenMemberSlots": 1,

What other mods are you using?

Hi!
    So sorry for not replying sooner...

To answer your questions: Yes, MCCC is 2.16 and no, no errors or anything.
    My settings are the same as yours.
    By the way, what does the "OpenMemberSlot" mean?

Other mods that i use are "Gender Preference", "MC Woohoo" and "No Fatness + No Muscles".

Hope this helps?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @MistyLake The OpenMemberSlots setting will make the mod leave that many slots in clubs open when auto-filling them. I like to keep one open in each club in case I later decide that I want one of my actively-played sims to join.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @MistyLake The OpenMemberSlots setting will make the mod leave that many slots in clubs open when auto-filling them. I like to keep one open in each club in case I later decide that I want one of my actively-played sims to join.

Ok.
    Gonna change that to zero then.

Thanks for the reply! :)
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    Hi.
    I have a question about MCCC's option "Do Not Club". What does it do exactly?
    If I flag a sim that sim won't ever be part of any clubs, correct?
    How about NPC? I flagged all my restaurant workers and then the very next sim-day when i went to talk to one of them she was a member of one club...
    Am I doing something wrong?

You're right, Never Club is supposed to keep any sim from being added to any club.

Basic questions, is everything MC related updated for 2.16? Any /Sims4 LastException files, or /MC Log errors mentioned?

What's in your Clubs settings? Here's mine:

"Club_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Club_MonitorMembers": true,
    "Club_OpenMemberSlots": 1,

What other mods are you using?

Hi!
    So sorry for not replying sooner...

To answer your questions: Yes, MCCC is 2.16 and no, no errors or anything.
    My settings are the same as yours.
    By the way, what does the "OpenMemberSlot" mean?

Other mods that i use are "Gender Preference", "MC Woohoo" and "No Fatness + No Muscles".

Hope this helps?

I haven't been awake long, but one thing that jumped out at me is, if you have MC's CAS module installed, you probably don't need No Fatness/Muscles, too. You can set MC's CAS up to do the same thing.

Look under the Show MC CAS Details spoiler button for help, it's more involved than me just telling you how (depends on your preferences, too)... I'm not hugely familiar/comfortable with all of that module.

You'll do better on your own with the docs than what little I'd be able to help you with this, honestly. But specific questions, I might be able to answer. Who's good with the CAS module, guys?

• Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Hi! I've been thinking about getting a mod to remove the "nicely decorated" and other annoying happy moodlets. I know there are a couple out there, but I wanted to get one that isn't likely to conflict with MC... Is there a particular mod for this that is reccommended?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @egwarhammer In another thread "same sims everywhere" you were talking about a setting in mcc that randomizes sims on a lot. I have mcc and that setting does not work for me as I see the same sims every place my sims go.

@egwarhammer do you know why this doesn't work for me?

@egwarhammer do you know why this doesn't work for me?

Not yet. Haven't been awake long, and as it is I'm up earlier than I expected to be. Something about knowing I'm off work, I guess. LOL!

Caffeine is working, I've just not had *enough* yet.

What other mods do you have in? Any cc?
    Hi! I've been thinking about getting a mod to remove the "nicely decorated" and other annoying happy moodlets. I know there are a couple out there, but I wanted to get one that isn't likely to conflict with MC... Is there a particular mod for this that is reccommended?

Best person to ask this is probably @luthienrising . ;)
    I left a note about the autonomous mourning question and about randomize visiting sims at MC. If I get something back there, I'll let you know.
    I don't have much cc and this is what mods I have installed.

Untitled3_zpsbffpgd0n.jpg
    @CrazyboutTheSims have you gone through the troubleshooter PDF? The troubleshooting section on MC's page? I think he's added new things since I last updated the PDF.

Here's what DP had to say in a recent post about HOW randomize visiting sims works. I know that isn't the same thing as "why isn't it working" though, and I hope to hear back from him tonight on that.
    All that "Randomize Visiting Sims" does is do a "shuffle" on the collection of Sims that can visit a lot so they're in a random order. Otherwise, the same few Sims are always selected from the beginning of the collection. It doesn't have any affect on what Sims are selected for lots, just the order that they are allowed through for spawning.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5083222#post5083222
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    @egwarhammer I started the challenge but got bored with it, I might continue with it when I rotate back to the household I started it with.

Heard from DP, autonomous mourning is already on his TODO list. No ETA, but he's got it under consideration. :)

BTW guys, we're getting a new Version Number (MC 3.0) when CL lands. <3 I'm already excited to see what it's going to look like. B)
    I don't have much cc and this is what mods I have installed.

Untitled3_zpsbffpgd0n.jpg

Not sure about Snaitf's mod, but Shimrod's & weerbesu's appear from comments to be okay. I don't have any of those installed here.

Here's what Deaderpool said about Randomize, sort of the same as what I quoted, just from a slightly different angle:
    Yeah, people saying it "isn't working" tend to just not understand how EA determines visiting Sims. ALL this feature does is take the list of Sims that EA determines are valid for visiting and shuffles them so they're random rather than always spawning them in the same order every time, which is the default behavior. It in no way changes or influences who EA chooses as valid to visit the lot. That's what some people seem to think it does...change EA's visitation filter to generate more random Sims.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5099902#post5099902
  • thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    The explanation about how sims are selected for lots is very interesting to me, though I'm not sure that I totally understand. To my knowledge (what I think is happening based on the info I gleaned in the explanations), mc takes all of the played and unplayed households and randomly chooses some of them to appear on a lot (the number depends on max population settings). I know that in my game, it works just fine because I see more of my own sims on lots as well as sims that I'd never see anywhere before mc. It even applies to restaurants and retail lots, which I think is awesome. It makes the game so much more fun because it's annoying to see the same sims everywhere. I feel like that must be a flaw in the game because I have no idea as to why the devs would intentionally add a "feature" like that.
    I have mismatched relationship bars. My simself and her alien daughter. Mom sees kid as a Good Friend, her green bar is almost full, maybe 3/4. Daughter (just aged up) sees her human mom as an Acquaintance and has about 1/4 green bar. Why?

Also, something else different, when Dennis's alien baby Raven aged up, she was in her alien form. When Starla aged up, she was in human form.

Mildly curious about that, but VERY curious about the mismatched friendship levels. Is this one of those "destroy to fix" relationship things? I've *never* seen this before.

Here's Starla's bar, Terra's is just about opposite her full/clear levels. Weird.

2w20pyx.jpg
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Heard from DP, autonomous mourning is already on his TODO list. No ETA, but he's got it under consideration. :)

BTW guys, we're getting a new Version Number (MC 3.0) when CL lands. <3 I'm already excited to see what it's going to look like. B)

DP is a legend, looking forward to seeing what he comes up with :) thanks @egwarhammer
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have mismatched relationship bars. My simself and her alien daughter. Mom sees kid as a Good Friend, her green bar is almost full, maybe 3/4. Daughter (just aged up) sees her human mom as an Acquaintance and has about 1/4 green bar. Why?

Also, something else different, when Dennis's alien baby Raven aged up, she was in her alien form. When Starla aged up, she was in human form.

Mildly curious about that, but VERY curious about the mismatched friendship levels. Is this one of those "destroy to fix" relationship things? I've *never* seen this before.

Here's Starla's bar, Terra's is just about opposite her full/clear levels. Weird.

Sorry, no idea about the mismatched relationship bars (though I guess that's not *entirely* unrealistic? Mum loves kid; kid just about tolerates Mum?!) but I think the alien form (or not) might have something to do with what form the alien was in (disguised or not) when he/she did the deed that led to the conception of the kid? Maybe.

Edited to snip the pic for brevity.

Sorry, no idea about the mismatched relationship bars (though I guess that's not *entirely* unrealistic? Mum loves kid; kid just about tolerates Mum?!) but I think the alien form (or not) might have something to do with what form the alien was in (disguised or not) when he/she did the deed that led to the conception of the kid? Maybe.

Edited to snip the pic for brevity.

Someone at MC posted they had about 30 sims culled, with it bypassed. And I've noticed at least one other mod I have not working right here (it may need an update)... when I get home from the school run, I'm going to see what's up with that.

Already delivered hubby to work, we should get his car back this afternoon. I hope, but not as much as HE does! ;)

There'll be sleep, too, today. I didn't get enough rest yesterday to stay up all night, but I did it anyway.
    Wow. That's not even why I started that post. I was going to say, mismatched bars are NOT supposed to happen, the game isn't built to do that, like sims 3 (wasn't it?) could do. No unrequited love, DP has said that before.

That concerns me more than the alien/human thing. That's just cosmetic, IMO. Two second fix. ;)

Mismatched game data seems scarier, to me. Also a 2 second fix, thanks to MC, but I am wondering why it happened in the first place. I didn't have to destroy the relationships first, I just jacked them up to the next to the last friendship choice, and that fixed both "sides" for me.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member

Best person to ask this is probably @luthienrising . ;)

*waves hi*

http://www4.modthesims.info/download.php?t=544813 I don't think they ever stopped working in my game, but people started saying they did.

I'm trying this right now: http://www4.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603 I think it's pretty good. It doesn't touch *all* Happy, just certain environment causes and just nudges the effects down a level.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wow. That's not even why I started that post. I was going to say, mismatched bars are NOT supposed to happen, the game isn't built to do that, like sims 3 (wasn't it?) could do. No unrequited love, DP has said that before.

If you use the builtin cheat "Modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alex Mercado 50 Romance_Main", the result is only onesided. In this example only Beatrix gained 50 point and not Alex. If you want to boost Alex' romance level towards Beatrix you have to type it the other way round: "Modifyrelationship Alex Mercado Beatrix Monroe 50 Romance_Main". But as @loubyloulou already mentioned: this is realistic because Beatrix may love Alex, but Alex has not necessarily to love Beatrix.

We are spoiled by MCCC because it raises the levels simultaneously for both sides - for the sake of convenience.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top