Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @Raven_Cat LOVE your avi
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and I really think I would love to participate this month for the "spooky" theme.

I did have one question though, that I would like to clarify before I begin screen shotting.
    I wrote a short story, probably a few months ago, because an idea popped into my head. It was mostly for self pleasure and I shared it with a few friends, but I still have the file saved and it's a bit spooky to me. I'll probably have to re-write a few different parts, but I would love to use the main theme/plot for my submission this month. Is that okay? Its an original work and idea of mine, but I just wanted to make sure before I started editing and getting into it!

Thanks and happy simming, everyone. :)
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    @lisabee2 Thank you!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this thread for a while now, and I really think I would love to participate this month for the "spooky" theme.

I did have one question though, that I would like to clarify before I begin screen shotting.
    I wrote a short story, probably a few months ago, because an idea popped into my head. It was mostly for self pleasure and I shared it with a few friends, but I still have the file saved and it's a bit spooky to me. I'll probably have to re-write a few different parts, but I would love to use the main theme/plot for my submission this month. Is that okay? Its an original work and idea of mine, but I just wanted to make sure before I started editing and getting into it!

If I had to guess, I would go ahead and say yes. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

I would have to say that the time limit is part of the "challenge", but I'll let @Carewren123 make the final decision.
    edited October 2016
    That's okay! I'm definitely having to re-work a lot of it to get it to fit in a sims believable set (I had a lot of scenes that couldn't really be done in the sims world). And it was so so much longer that 2000 words originally.
    But I would still absolutely submit it as a "for fun" entry if it is decided to be unfair. That is precisely why I asked before I even started working on it. I would hate to have any advantage over another writer.

I've definitely had fun so far setting up the character and lot! And this would be great practice for me for future entries, either way. Thanks for the replies so far! :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    What a fun idea for October! smiley_emoticons_geistani.gifsmiley_emoticons_ahhh.gif
    It almost makes me want to bring my little ghosties back and make a story. However, I'm basically looking for a job and that's all the time I have besides working still. Ugh. I might throw around in my brain a little. Who knows? I might come up with something that I can write up quick. Ha! Of course, I'm not that fast a writer. lol

but you are great writer.

You are so sweet! <3 I appreciate it. :) I might try to come up with something tomorrow when I have very little distractions.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Just in time for voting! ;) (Offline life is so busy!)
    Happy simming and writing everyone!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I would have to say that the time limit is part of the "challenge", but I'll let @Carewren123 make the final decision.
    That's okay! I'm definitely having to re-work a lot of it to get it to fit in a sims believable set (I had a lot of scenes that couldn't really be done in the sims world). And it was so so much longer that 2000 words originally.
    But I would still absolutely submit it as a "for fun" entry if it is decided to be unfair. That is precisely why I asked before I even started working on it. I would hate to have any advantage over another writer.

I've definitely had fun so far setting up the character and lot! And this would be great practice for me for future entries, either way. Thanks for the replies so far! :)

I'm pretty sure we've had other people use previously written stories as the basis for their entries before. If I remember correctly we decided that anything that had already been published on your blog (or similarly) was off limits. But it sounds like you're already planning to rework your story @totalRainbow so personally I think it's fine :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123 Okay, sounds great! It isn't published on my blog and I am mixing it up and omitting parts of it to get it to fit with the sims. I'm so glad I'll get to submit an entry this month! :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
    Tally the votes now! Let you guys know the results in a bit. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Announcing September's Winners!!!

3rd Place is a tie between @lisabee2 with "The Curfew" and @ra3rei with "The Wastepaper Basket"

2nd Place goes to @InfraGreen with "Sandalwood and Cherries"

1st Place goes to @chealsycat with "Exit Without Saving"

Congratulations to you all and to all the entries for another amazing month!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Congrats to September's Winners!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Ha, middled again. :D

Congrats to you guys! It was a tough voting season.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Congrats to all winners for September!!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Congratulations to everyone who placed this month!

Thanks so much to all who put in a submission last month, I love reading each and every one!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Congrats to those who won this month! I thought every story was absolutely amazing. I love how so many writers get together and compose pieces for this challenge! The community is great. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Congrats to everyone!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Congrats, everyone! It was so hard to vote. Hope we do superlatives this month! I really feel each story deserves a moment in the spotlight! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Such great winners!!! I love it all :)
    Congratulations!!!
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Congrats to the winners! Very well done. Every story was awesome, which makes for hard voting.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    Congrats to the winners and big thank you to all who participated! I agree last month was tough for voting. Can't wait to see your spooky stories!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited October 2016
    Congrats to all and to Carewren for the hard work it takes to run this every month. Thank you to all that submitted and voted .. I am honored to be counted among you!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Congrats to the winners! :smiley: Every story was awesome :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    Congrats to the winners! I loved reading everyone's stories and can't wait to see what you guys write this month